4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

Why GVG when they can just randomly find you on the map and then wipe you.

Because its a good way to get the forum warriors to dissapear once they realize they might actually have to back their trash talk up. I would think TC would embrace this idea since they are don’t want any trolling in their match up threads. Or maybe that only applies to other servers and not their own……?

Im from TC. I don’t really have any interest in GVG. That seems more like a spvp deal not a wvw deal.

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Issues.5789

Issues.5789

Because its a good way to get the forum warriors to dissapear once they realize they might actually have to back their trash talk up. I would think TC would embrace this idea since they are don’t want any trolling in their match up threads. Or maybe that only applies to other servers and not their own……?

Im from TC. I don’t really have any interest in GVG. That seems more like a spvp deal not a wvw deal.

Thanks for sharing. Some people though; have interest in being a good zerg and not a 1 button smashing zerg.

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

PR. And it is quite obvious. Every tier I have had the pleasure of being in with TC. TC does the same thing. Paint up a server to look bad, and pretend to act friendly. Yet we have seen plenty of TC trolling in match up threads over the course of FA and TC being in the same tier.

Now, lets look at Yaks Bend as a counterpoint to all of that. They are generally friendly. You don’t see them trying to act like good guys and saying other people are bad guys. Some of them might get into verbal sparring. But their drama is by far much less than TCs.

Lol I don’t think so. Do you not think responsibility lies on both ends? I could counter your point by saying that almost every matchup thread that hasn’t had FA and TC in the same tier has been pretty cordial.

And this is mostly all perception. Nobody’s gone so far as to deal in absolutes by stating that one server is good while the other server is bad. That’s how it looks to you and isn’t really how it might look to others.

Defending one’s server/guild isn’t the same as PR.

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

(edited by Usagi.4835)

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Ruq.5396

Ruq.5396

Just wanted to pop in and say good fights to [BT] and others on FABL last night. I know there were some…. kitten posting about numbers earlier and I come to clear the air.

Both sides had fluctuating numbers. Accusations of “errrmahhhgerrd your zerg is 2000 men, errmahgerrd” are no fun. Both sides had different numbers throughout the night I am sure. The most I know TC had during my time online was around 48, but as I said things change and I cannot count for the times after I got offline.

[BT] did wipe the TC zerg a quite a few times. As I told my members, “do not get discouraged, I am using tonight as a training exercise. Learn from this. This is what we need to be doing. Etc.”

Both sides have talented leaders and players and I do look forward to a GvG with [BT] in the future (if we can work it out). Good luck to both sides on reset night, and I look forward to continuing battling. I know I always enjoy seeing [BT] on a map (as long as you come out of the tower… hehehe I had to make a small jab in such a positive post)

Commander Ruq
Guild Leader, Commander – Dissentient [DIS]
Tarnished Coast

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

Thanks for sharing. Some people though; have interest in being a good zerg and not a 1 button smashing zerg.

Okay. I didn’t say anything about good zergs and bad zergs and 1 button mashing. I did say that I don’t really have any interest in GVG.

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

I am more bummed than I thought I’d be as the week gets closer to ending. Our maps are quiet, people are sad. I loved T8 but I think T2 was equally fantastic. On a grouchy note, I hope no one chooses KN to be their little pet project again. I don’t want to turn into a teal deer so I’ll leave it at that. ;x
Related- my sincerest of thank yous go out to those who transferred to us post T8 and are going to stick with us. <3 You really are the best for that and while moving up was an adventure, this is the time you’ll make the biggest difference to us.

The players of Kaineng became better and stronger thanks to CO and Rise being here. Many people gained valuable experiences from those fights. This hugely positive aspect of effects on Kaineng cannot be ignored.

CO, keep getting those “FT KIDs”.

Rise, keep going “BZ DEEP”.

:D

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

(edited by CHIPS.6018)

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Issues.5789

Okay. I didn’t say anything about good zergs and bad zergs and 1 button mashing. I did say that I don’t really have any interest in GVG.

You said it seems more of a Spvp deal. I’d say the contrary, GvG shows how guild you are as a guild, and that your guild makes a difference in WvW.

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Harrish.8743

Harrish.8743

TC seems angry today.

More like bored. Any chance FA will show up next week now that DB is in the mix?

Hellfire Circus [HfC]

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Haldunius.7864

Haldunius.7864

TC seems angry today.

More like bored. Any chance FA will show up next week now that DB is in the mix?

Oh we’ve been showing up. Just look at the video Loken posted on the page before.

The problem is you guys dramatically imbalanced this tier with your import of CD so it’s probably skewing your perspective on population. You should have thought of that first if you’re going to complain about it now, but whatever, what’s done is done. More bodies → more loot bags for us and you guys can sit in every tower for as long as you want

FA Mesmo – [VK]
Last words – “I’m going to jump off this cliff
and pull all those guys down cuz they’ll die.”

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Issues.5789

TC seems angry today.

Oh we’ve been showing up. Just look at the video Loken posted on the page before.

The problem is you guys dramatically imbalanced this tier with your import of CD so it’s probably skewing your perspective on population. You should have thought of that first if you’re going to complain about it now, but whatever, what’s done is done. More bodies -> more loot bags for us and you guys can sit in every tower for as long as you want

Gameface.jpeg.

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

We would like to ask you all to refrain from any kind of attacks against other guilds or servers...

Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

At least wait to start trolling DB until they get in the tier pls.

It was rather ignorant of me to assume that there would be no DB reading my comments in our match-up thread ahead of time. But that is how I remember DB from my 1 or 2 weeks seeing them. Not that my memory for details is the greatest. But yeah, good point ^^’

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

CHIPS.6018

Time for a score update…

The TC lead is more than expected: the 105k lead of TC over KN can mmaybe be explained by the guilds that left/leaving KN, but the 85k lead of TC over FA is a lot.

This basically sums up the fact that FA and KN belongs to the same tier. TC doesn’t belong here anymore.

The next wild card is DB. Are they tier 2? Or are they tier 1.5?

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Pervin.5036

Pervin.5036

And our SEA coverage imbalances the population during NA how again?

No need to get angry. I just hope FA comes out strong next week like they have in the past. For a server that only cares about the fights, you seem to get discouraged pretty easily by the score.

All kidding aside, I would hope and expect a better reset night from us out of the gates. With the time being pushed back to 9pm ET, it will hit more of our prime time versus 6pm, where you get in some more Euro time players, something FA isn’t strong on. Add in a new opponent that both FA and TC hasn’t seen in awhile and you should get some more friendly faces out to start the week.

[HB] Commander Skarlack – Necro
http://blackgatewvw.com/

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Time for a score update…

The TC lead is more than expected: the 105k lead of TC over KN can mmaybe be explained by the guilds that left/leaving KN, but the 85k lead of TC over FA is a lot.

This basically sums up the fact that FA and KN belongs to the same tier. TC doesn’t belong here anymore.

The next wild card is DB. Are they tier 2? Or are they tier 1.5?

They can’t maintain a consistent PPT lead in NA prime time in tier 3, so probably not near tier 1 coverage.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Magdelene.5946

Magdelene.5946

Ruq you guys do very well for yourselves and you have my respect. Those were good fights and a great tower defense on DIS’s part and the rest of TC. Good luck tonight, we’ll see you out there.

Magdelene – Elementalist
Member of Black Talons [BT]
Fort Aspenwood

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

I don’t really have any interest in GVG. That seems more like a spvp deal not a wvw deal.

I agree 100% with this.

A group of experienced people fighting another group of experienced people, that is sPvP.

WvW is also alot of strategic play: deciding where to attack, what to defend, how to handle supply, how to deal with defeat, commanding newbies…

Anyways, a score update!

Ans a screenshot of the EB score. <edited, apperently it’s not a first in T2 history, still something to be proud off>?

Attachments:

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

(edited by Tallis.5607)

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Issues.5789

Playing on DB I do know we had very weak Prime time numbers. But with the addition of people I don’t know how it is as of now.

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

CHIPS.6018

Time for a score update…

I’m not surprised by the big lead over FA. Kain is reeling right now and therefor TC can focus even harder on FA, I think.

I’m milita on Kaineng and have been too bummed to play much this week, and when I have it’s felt like a waste to bother spending money on upgrades or placing siege.

This whole thing is a kick in the kittens.

I knew there was a 50% chance or more this would happen to Kain when I left SBI after it capsized due to some of the same guilds abandoning ship from there. Not sure if I’ll stay on Kain (I do feel some loyalty and kinship towards the server) or rejoin the rest of my guild back on SBI, but I dang sure will not be following any of the leaving guilds to some new server. I’ve learned my lesson in that regard.

That being said, I don’t necessarily blame any guild leaders for announcing they’re leaving Kain. It’s really the members, in most cases I think, that drive those decisions. A leader who goes against the will of the majority of his/her guild won’t be a leader for long, or won’t have many members left to lead.

I won’t bother with any upgrades at this point. Save all your money for now. We got to regroup and plan anyways.

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: CC Dalmarus.8397

CC Dalmarus.8397

Community Coordinator

Hey folks.

Just a reminder to play nice in here. Name-calling, rudeness, disruptive behavior, etc will not be tolerated. We’ve made quite a number of reminders in here already so take heed and follow the rules. If someone else breaks them, report the post rather than respond to it. Responding to such posts only makes the thread even that much uglier.

Thanks!

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

This is not why most people GvG. Typically its just about having a good time fighting each other, trying out different setups and seeing what works and doesn’t work, basically learning and becoming better. People that like GvG enjoy that kind of meta gaming, but like dueling it is not everyone’s cup of tea.

Personally not a huge fan of dueling nature of GvG, I prefer impromptu GvG on the battlefield and have had some good fights with a number of guilds on both KN and TC.

~ AoN ~

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

I agree 100% with this.

A group of experienced people fighting another group of experienced people, that is sPvP.

WvW is also alot of strategic play: deciding where to attack, what to defend, how to handle supply, how to deal with defeat, commanding newbies…

Have you ever done sPvP or GvG? Open world GvG play has nothing at all in common with sPvP.

~ AoN ~

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Tearofsoul.9843

Tearofsoul.9843

TC seems angry today.

We are always here, and you must be in the wrong BL

Lothem

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Haldunius.7864

Haldunius.7864

This is not why most people GvG. Typically its just about having a good time fighting each other, trying out different setups and seeing what works and doesn’t work, basically learning and becoming better. People that like GvG enjoy that kind of meta gaming, but like dueling it is not everyone’s cup of tea.

Personally not a huge fan of dueling nature of GvG, I prefer impromptu GvG on the battlefield and have had some good fights with a number of guilds on both KN and TC.

I believe Aytrix is responding to why “GvG’s have been requested a lot” on the forums not why people engage in actual GvG (to which I agree with you Niim).

And if that’s the case, I do agree with Aytrix’s answer. If you are going to run to the forums and make posts about wiping XYZ guild, especially when you add insults to your post like has been done in this thread quite often, you shouldn’t be surprised if someone from that guild requests a straight-up match. We may be trolly here and there on FA, I don’t think you can find us posting on the forums insulting other guilds for their actions on the battlefields like what I’ve read for the last few pages.

We respect the fight. Everyone loses. Everyone can improve.

FA Mesmo – [VK]
Last words – “I’m going to jump off this cliff
and pull all those guys down cuz they’ll die.”

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Quick look! A TC/FA match-up thread that was nice. No moderator warnings, nary a troll (despite SoR trolling). Even has compliments. Look at it! Look at it!

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Feb-1st-BG-TC-FA/page/11#post1375084

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Lanimal.6541

Lanimal.6541

This. I think of GvG as a controlled experiment of sorts. Testing of new tactics, builds, composition and chemistry as close to the real thing as possible. A small % of all of this could then be incorporated into the guilds normal playstyle.

I don’t think it is the be all and end all of determining a guilds open field skill as I approach it a lot like MOBA games; certain hero compositions counter other hero compositions and certain playstyles counter other playstyles, there is no one composition to rule them all. It does show a lot about a guilds open field skill and commanders leadership abilities on an open/even terrain (which is usually not the case in WvWvW) i.e. elevation, chokes, LoS all play a factor in true WvWvW open-field combat.

Theongreyjoy
[VoTF] www.votf.net

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

This game is called GuildWars2, if you scared off GvG or “too busy to GvG”, go play Hello Kitty Online please.

Thanks for this opportunity for some of us on TC to show our expertise!

The “Guild Wars” in the title of the game have absolutely nothing to do with Guild vs. Guild combat but instead refers to a period of Tyrian History: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/The_Guild_Wars

Thanks again for a chance to share the deep lore and history ANet has created for this game!

EDIT: And Issac that is incorrect the first GW game (Prophecies) released with a book with the history of Tyria. ANet has always been committed to having a rich history and background in which their games take place.

NAGA|TC

(edited by Rackhir Tanelorn.9123)

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

CHIPS.6018

I dedicate this song to the Unbreakable Warmachine. Thanks for everything you guys did for the server. Good luck wherever you guys end up.

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Coinin.2590

Coinin.2590

Im scared to click the link CHIPS…i feel like its gonna be a rickroll or something lol

Coinin Mypocket 80 Necromancer

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Huygens.4075

Huygens.4075

Ruq you guys do very well for yourselves and you have my respect. Those were good fights and a great tower defense on DIS’s part and the rest of TC. Good luck tonight, we’ll see you out there.

<3

Attachments:

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Zen.8497

Zen.8497

I dedicate this song to the Unbreakable Warmachine. Thanks for everything you guys did for the server. Good luck wherever you guys end up.

Just a heads up, I haven’t seen any official announcement from the respective guilds regarding the destination but it is a fact that WM and RISE are in the process of transferring to BG.

Grand Emperor Of Common Sense

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

This is completely wrong. ArenaNet designed an action mmorpg game with full intentions for guild vs guild and player vs player combat.

Guild Wars does not simply refer to “the lore”. All of that stuff came later. We know GW1 was very much a PVP game as ArenaNet held GvG tournaments and such. So yes Guild Wars does in fact refer to GvG among other things.

Interesting…

So you are telling me the copy of The Flameseeker Prophecies that came in the game I got, the entire story that plays out in the Prophecies campaign, all the cutscenes, the voice acting… none of that “existed” before the game was released?

Are you sure about that?

NAGA|TC

(edited by Rackhir Tanelorn.9123)

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

Yes..please go GvG.

We’ll take your garrison while you play tennis on the golf course.

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Chaba.5410

The Guild Wars lore is meant as back story for guilds in-game and the PvP/GvG/etc. style of play.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Chaba.5410

Is there an RP dolyak parade planned in a PvP zone for this match? I think we’ll have to put our sonar beards on.

Chaba Tangnu

(edited by Chaba.5410)

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Coinin.2590

Chaba…there are may or may not be, its all dependent on whether you plan on crashing the party or joining the fun

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

The Guild Wars lore is meant as back story for guilds in-game and the PvP/GvG/etc. style of play.

Forge, LoL – those are great examples of games designed specifically for PvP/GvG style of play with the “lore” loosely tacked on.

Anybody who played through all of the GW Campaigns and the Bonus Story Missions knows that ANet is just as passionate and committed to their Story, Lore, and Background and the “RPG” side of the game.

The care and detail they put into the world they created (Gwen’s Grave in Ebonhawke for example) shows that it is a lot more than “just some stuff tacked on” like you find in other games.

I’m not saying that GvG wasn’t popular (it was) or that GW wasn’t known for its PvP (it was) – I’m just saying the PvE side of the game and the rich Lore and Story elements they put into it were seriously under-appreciated.

NAGA|TC

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Chaba.5410

Chaba…there are may or may not be, its all dependent on whether you plan on crashing the party or joining the fun

It’s too early for my timezone. We usually satisfy ourselves instead by bringing roast pig, Mad King, fireworks, tree tonics, etc. to supply camp defense. (Used to have a member run around with us who had some sort of furniture tonic. Got sat on a lot…)

Chaba Tangnu

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

CHIPS.6018

Im scared to click the link CHIPS…i feel like its gonna be a rickroll or something lol

Its just a song.

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Chaba.5410

Forge, LoL – those are great examples of games designed specifically for PvP/GvG style of play with the “lore” loosely tacked on.

Anybody who played through all of the GW Campaigns and the Bonus Story Missions knows that ANet is just as passionate and committed to their Story, Lore, and Background and the “RPG” side of the game.

Certainly the lore was never meant to be “loosely” tacked on (your words, not mine). The original Arenanet guys came out of the Blizzard environment, a bunch of RenFaire regulars, if you didn’t know (which has both RP and PvP!). Think of how Warcraft lore grew from explaining why the game had two different groups fighting on a map into generating new styles of game play which then expanded the lore even more. Same thing in Guild Wars from Prophecies through Factions to Eye of the North and now GW2. Good product has good integration between both form and function. Tolkien lives!

Chaba Tangnu

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Coinin.2590

Its just a song.

So is the rick roll song 0.o, ITS A TRAP!! haha, but i liked the naked kareokee thing

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Certainly the lore was never meant to be “loosely” tacked on (your words, not mine).

Yeah sorry that was more in reply to Issac:

Of course, all that stuff came later. If you beta tested GW1, you would know the PvP was the main draw. They had working random arenas before they had all those nice story missions.

PvP is (relatively) much easier to implement than PvE. Those Story Missions required Scripted Events, Mob Pathing, AI, Cutscenes, Voice-overs, and NPC Interactions, not to mention they take place on much larger Maps than the Battle Arenas (and those Maps all needed to be custom-created as well).

Read Chaba’s reply to me Issac. He stated it really well. ANet really put a lot of effort into both PvE and PvP in their games. If all they cared about was the PvP they wouldn’t have bothered making all the Maps, Missions, Quests, and Lore.

NAGA|TC

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Quenta.2978

Quenta.2978

Black Talons recap video for this week. Lots of the fights from last night on FABL against DIS and the TC militia make a bulk of this. We spent most of our time on KNBL this week and it was kind of meh. Last night really broke the boredom. Great fights out there last night TC, was a blast!

And if you didn’t see last weeks, click here.

(edited by Quenta.2978)

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

Congrats TC on your win!

BeeGee
Beast mode

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: SHAKA ZULU.3128

SHAKA ZULU.3128

My last drawing for you all for our last match up. ♥

Attachments:

love,

a guardian from k[Ai]neng

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

lol .. that’s FABULOUS!

I see that wizard-hat wearer trying to steal my cookies!

Edit: sooo much to look at! Is that Flava Flav up top?!

L’enfer, c’est les autres

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Usagi.4835

Omg, is that Scoreboard Babe with the quaggan backpack?!

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: John Madden.3569

John Madden.3569

It’s been a fun ride in T2. Thanks TC, FA, and BG for the good times. Hopefully we’ll be back one day!

Prosecco – Ele; Sweet Genius – Mesmer
Sissy Boys [sB]
Kaineng

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Annabel.5127

Annabel.5127

Aw, this is so adorable! (Sorry for invading this thread.)

(edited by Annabel.5127)

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Usagi.4835

Aw, this is so adorable! (Sorry for invading this forum.)

You’re always welcome in our threads! In fact, you don’t even need to be told that since we can all technically haunt any and all threads we want, but still!

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: nibbles.2408

nibbles.2408

How does the little thumbs up thing work? Because I want a starred thumb by Shaka’s final picture. Make it happen people! =D

Wechlas [Echo]
Charr Ranger
Fort Aspenwood (www.fort-aspenwood.com)