4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Irony.8056

Irony.8056

Just a heads up for anyone who wants to take Jscull’s or osif’s bait…

Any PAXA you see in this thread is on Henge of Denravi. Some of them just seem either too lazy or unaware that NSP still exists in their signature. (Unless they randomly transferred back again.)

I know one thing for sure, If PAXA continues to post under the guise of an NSP guild in an attempt to start flame wars and close threads, I’ll start making reports.

Also, any of those other troll baits/rants seen throughout this thread and the previous. If they don’t have a guild in their signature, then they either

1. Don’t have a reputable guild
2. Can’t represent said reputable guild because talking kitten would hurt the guild’s reputation or…
3. Are just a random who plays for the good fight and likes boasting of his/her accomplishments.

Have a nice day everyone, and keep up the good fight in the Mists!

+1 on that right there….I keep seeing a lot of randoms with nothing in their sig, post your server, your guild tags before you speak.

I was also wondering why I never saw PAXA before…this would explain it since I was looking at the wrong server….

Zomg.. its the sig police… scatter

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Shu.6981

Shu.6981

To the thief and thieves from XOXO and tM that were passing by greenbriar going to the bay keep in SF borderlands yesterday afternoon—

O;SEIGHRIOPNRETHIWUENRGIAEURVNBIAEURFIOAUWEBNGLKJNG;ZSLDMGFOAIWNEG;OAINR;ENBOPIAENRB;OIAERNBAIERNB;OSEINBHL;ADSKNFG;LAKNBL;AEKNRSOB;INET;OIBN;LDFKNB;OIEN;LEFNKBAO;EIRNGB/LDKFLA’DGNIOABINOANEIOBFNIAFRBIOANIOBOAI AOIGI OAOIWEGRN IOQEIGQOIE NOQWIEGNOIQE FOQ

-Yours truly, the necromancer trying to kill you.

Ah were you the female one with the black eye? Sorry for my description, it was the only thing i could remember :P I spent a good 10 minutes trying to understand your message but i couldn’t. I’m a bit slow, enlighten me!

Mugi [-tM-][Holy]
IamMugi
NSP

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Tossed Fish.7380

Tossed Fish.7380

Ah were you the female one with the black eye? Sorry for my description, it was the only thing i could remember :P I spent a good 10 minutes trying to understand your message but i couldn’t. I’m a bit slow, enlighten me!

I was, lol. That’s me raging because you 3 thieves were the only ones that I kept having trouble with. I was having fun picking off stragglers who were running to the bay keep in SF borderlands. :p

Tossed Fish//Necromancer
Valkyria Immortalis [VLK]

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

Shoutout to my twinsies.
I waved….and you whack me with a sword =|

Oh hi :P Sorry I’m a bit late to replying to this. Don’t visit the forums due to the rather disgusting nature of the people that have been posted here of late. I pretty sure I remember you waving (though I hadn’t noticed why yet) but we were trying to fight a lot of you there at speldan and I didn’t have time to stop and be formal and polite Was pretty awesome tho that you chilled out with me when you guys made me take a dirt nap. Thanks for the chuckle. Hope to see you again purple afro brother.

Once some of us noticed you and mentioned we had found “Banjo’s evil twin” in map chat/mumble, you kinda became a server bounty mission of sorts to kill the impostor. If it felt like we were focusing on you more than the rest of your group, it just meant you were incredibly popular with all us SFers.

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

I was also wondering why I never saw PAXA before…this would explain it since I was looking at the wrong server….

More likely you spend the majority of your time in EB.

Yeah mostly, not a fan of the running on BLs…Usually only there when called/needed/EB is whatever color SF is…

Just a heads up for anyone who wants to take Jscull’s or osif’s bait…

Any PAXA you see in this thread is on Henge of Denravi. Some of them just seem either too lazy or unaware that NSP still exists in their signature. (Unless they randomly transferred back again.)

I know one thing for sure, If PAXA continues to post under the guise of an NSP guild in an attempt to start flame wars and close threads, I’ll start making reports.

Also, any of those other troll baits/rants seen throughout this thread and the previous. If they don’t have a guild in their signature, then they either

1. Don’t have a reputable guild
2. Can’t represent said reputable guild because talking kitten would hurt the guild’s reputation or…
3. Are just a random who plays for the good fight and likes boasting of his/her accomplishments.

Have a nice day everyone, and keep up the good fight in the Mists!

+1 on that right there….I keep seeing a lot of randoms with nothing in their sig, post your server, your guild tags before you speak.

Wait there is no sig police, what..
are you…
talking about?!

!!!!!!!!!

Erma gerd look he made a funny, its funny because there IS NO sig police and he thinks I am a kitten for suggesting he not cower behind anonymity like a kitten (hey kitten actually works there!)…I TOTALLY get it now, good joke my friend, you gonna tell me the “orange you glad i didn’t say banana” knock knock joke next?! I love that one!

Man you are a funny one, I hope one day when I grow up I can be funny like you, you’re so funny and cool. “Irony” when I start my cult it shall be in thine name!!!! We will go around Guild Wars making jokes that are just below the cleverness that you have displayed here today my friend, such classics like “pull my finger”, maybe Krem or NSP (which is None Shall Pass not Northern Shiverpeaks in this context) can man the whoopie cushion for the zinger! After all we shan’t approach the comedic genius level that you have displayed here today!

Good show, we will do our best to make you proud!

Mag Server Leader

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

funny thing, NSP and HoD are already complaining after half a week, when ET and FC sat through these zergballs for 3 whole months.
Show some backbone, guys, you are friggin T7 and get stomped by a little server which belongs in t8, cause it gets crushed in higher tiers, right?, right?

Ahh well you see, I was there (on FC) when SF first dropped down into t8. We (FC) beat the snot out of them the first week, then they got a mass influx of transfers.. You think you hear complaining now? It was much louder back then. But I guess you must be one of the bandwagoners that joined at a much later date.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Runamok.9638

Runamok.9638

I am feeling quite sorry for all those transfers that went to HoD from ET. More roflspiking at the hands of SF in store for you it seems. Since you have left ET has become quite the lovely server. Have fun over there guys.

And to my fellow SF forum warriors I miss you guys already.

One Angry Brotha — Stafro Elementalist
Once in a While Mediocre Commander
#ETSummer2014BandWagon

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: atomicjellybean.5389

atomicjellybean.5389

I like…. Turtles…

Owner of PHAZE {PHZE}
Commander Atomicjellybean
Henge of Denravi

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Daemonne.5018

Daemonne.5018

I think SF deserves credit when it’s due and us HoDs have to take a look at ourselves after this.
Yes, SF’s numbers are astounding, but they know what they’re doing. They move together well, rez their own promptly, know where to put their siege and know when to pull back as a group. That is what it takes to win in a large-scale war scenario.
Compare it to our own HoD zergs.

I’ve seen commanders like Pew Pew, Battlecamp, Aucifer and a few others haemorrhage because their zerg keeps getting glued to PvEing SM castle’s siege instead of taking a camp or lags behind trying to fight and get loot instead of pushing into a keep.

There have been talks last week of HoD being boosted by the transfers and moving up a tier or two but look at us now.

I think SF is an excellent reminder of what the real deal looks like. We’ve been somewhat pampered by the influx of transfers and (to be honest) our tactics in WvW are really sloppy and poor. We clearly need to tighten up our game plan if we want to survive in the higher tiers.

I was there trying to push SF when they had our keep in EB with a similar number to us, but they outfought us. If we were that good as we claimed to be, we would have at least been able to get a camp out of it.
(Shoutout to Lord Kael from [SONG] for that fight yesterday =D)

Now that SF are showing the numbers, I hear a lot of whining about them being all about numbers and see a lot of the numbers just disappear now that we’re not stomping around in WvW. It just proves that we have too many casual WvWers.

Bottom line: Without serious WvWers and a night crew, we won’t get anywhere. We need to stop whining and, perhaps, even start learning from SF.

Edit: Before anyone gets offended, I didn’t mean that we (HoD) suck. We’re good. Just not good enough to be pushing up another tier. Yet.

Being from ET, I applaud this post. While the numbers are overwhelming, there are ways to counter. The big issue is having the presence round the clock to deal with them as you will get non-peak hours where they still seem to have the numbers to zerg.

Big Big Big thing is Siege Defense. If you are not going to put the time,resources and effort into building up what you have taken, then a zerg will easily roll through and take it. with good Siege, a few can hold off many.

If you play solitaire with only one suit, your game is going to end faster and feel lacking.

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Rob.7624

Rob.7624

Cough.
Cough.
Cough.

Commanders Smitry, Pre, Me, Noodica and |Noroz (even though didn’t tag. What a nub).|

What we did this morning.

No gloats or anything.
Just for the guys that are at work.

Shout out to the [PoPo] guild on SF.
Next time we meet, it shall be me jumping upon your guildies heads.
:)

Attachments:

Commander Bird Song
Northern Shiverpeaks Night Crew
Os Guild

(edited by Rob.7624)

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Shu.6981

I was, lol. That’s me raging because you 3 thieves were the only ones that I kept having trouble with. I was having fun picking off stragglers who were running to the bay keep in SF borderlands. :p

Haha! Well you were alone quite a few times if I could remember and I like killing lonely people. Also,since I have been hearing that VLK is supposedly “good”, you guys are on my KoS list atm :p

Mugi [-tM-][Holy]
IamMugi
NSP

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Shademehr.1397

Shademehr.1397

I am feeling quite sorry for all those transfers that went to HoD from ET. More roflspiking at the hands of SF in store for you it seems. Since you have left ET has become quite the lovely server. Have fun over there guys.

I’m torn on how I feel about it. On one hand, I’m thinking “Good riddance quitters” and on the other hand (I had a few friends go there) I’m like “WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!?!?! :’( Just come back home”

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Noroz.9527

Noroz.9527

Cough.
Cough.
Cough.

Commanders Smitry, Pre, Me, Noodica and Noroz (even though didn’t tag. What a nub).

What we did this morning.

No gloats or anything.
Just for the guys that are at work.

God kitten Rob, I have class! :p

Commander Noroz Vi Britannia
Northern Shiverpeaks
[AS] Artificial Strife

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Tossed Fish.7380

Haha! Well you were alone quite a few times if I could remember and I like killing lonely people. Also,since I have been hearing that VLK is supposedly “good”, you guys are on my KoS list atm :p

What’s that suppose to mean? It was me and my guildie on a lowbie mesmer. I’ve gotten better at killing thieves, just… those really good ones I still have trouble with. because when I finally do get the advantage, you stealth, remove conditions, heal, come back, back stab, disappear, I bob and weave so you can’t backstab again and eventually I hide back in my tower because you’re being a meanie head. If my mesmer was on his guardian… oooo those fights would have came out differently.

You may have won this time. My repair bill wasn’t that bad, you only killed me twice. :p

Also, what is this KoS list? I am curious if guys actually do think VLK is any good.

Tossed Fish//Necromancer

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Jscull.2514

Jscull.2514

Engaging Mugi is like outrunning 5 dobermans…it doesn’t end up well for you.

PAXA -GM

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Shu.6981

What’s that suppose to mean? It was me and my guildie on a lowbie mesmer. I’ve gotten better at killing thieves, just… those really good ones I still have trouble with. because when I finally do get the advantage, you stealth, remove conditions, heal, come back, back stab, disappear, I bob and weave so you can’t backstab again and eventually I hide back in my tower because you’re being a meanie head. If my mesmer was on his guardian… oooo those fights would have came out differently.

You may have won this time. My repair bill wasn’t that bad, you only killed me twice. :p

Also, what is this KoS list? I am curious if guys actually do think VLK is any good.

Kill on sight, i’m curious if you guys are good which is why i’ve been looking to see for myself.

Mugi [-tM-][Holy]
IamMugi
NSP

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Punch.4231

Punch.4231

PAXA and XOXO are like that kid on the other team, who, losing by 30 will tell you – “1 on 1 I’ll destroy you!”

While it may be true it’s entirely irrelevant.

You’ve received a lot of respect in this thread and all you have in response is QQ, and troll posts.

I’ve seen XOXO in zergs btw, so let’s cut the BS.

Respect to all the WvWers who don’t die and run to the forums. Saturday night VLK guys you just kept coming back to Greenlake. You died a lot (numbers not on your side), but you kept coming. You didn’t get the keep back but you tied us up for a while. No ragequitting and no running to the forums crying for a GvG.

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Tossed Fish.7380

Kill on sight, i’m curious if you guys are good which is why i’ve been looking to see for myself.

They’re around, you’ll find them. As for me, it seems like I already made a bad impression. lol

Tossed Fish//Necromancer

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Verras.5013

Verras.5013

Real time with Verras! Okay, SF does have a lot of numbers, no denying that. Are we skill-less? No, we do have a lot of people under leveled who enjoy WvW and want to roll with a commander, whatever it’s their way of having fun. Also, due to these numbers many of us level 80, I know in PVP especially are geared and skills are slotted for zerg combat and thus we do not do enough damage in 1v1 to 5v5 (we like fighting groups with larger numbers than us).

So, many of us are still working on getting another set for a roam build. Some of us do respect 1v1s, I seen an XOXO thief fighting an ele 1v1 and I let it be until our ele went down then I interfered and chased the thief off (not going to let my teammate get finished 1v1 or not). It’s all about playstyle, XOXO likes to duel and have small skirmishes, to be honest you’re more likely to find those in NSP borderlands. When I’m running around by myself I usually take a few supply camps and enemies will naturally come to you.

VLK we had a nice 5v5(?) in EB jump puzzle in the dark room. I got lost so many times! Was a blast, we haven’t got a chance to face your guild yet but are looking forward to it. LK can really put out the numbers same with the Os guild. Many good fights were had with Os and LK. Also, that Os commander that jumps off the wall and stomps on the rams, I despise you so, it was an annoying tactic that stalled us.

Hope to see more fights on the battlefield.

King Verras ~ SF ~ Necromancer ~ [eXo] Guild
eXo taking credit for things we did not achieve.
eXo dying in outnumbered fights since May 2013.

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Irony.8056

Irony.8056

Hey punch, you better get that sig up, they don’t take kindly to our folk.

XOXO is a zerrrg guild !!

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Good Monday morning everyone! Great weekend though I only made it on for a few hours.

Can anyone who is not at work (or at work and playing!) kindly provide a score update?

Thank you!

Cantar Soulfyre-Norn W|Canter Soulfyre-Human G|Cantirus Foghorn – Charr R
Born and raised in Sorrow’s Furnace – WvWvWest Coast Squad
“All hail the mighty Flame Ram!!!” – said by Someone Somewhere at Sometime

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Jscull.2514

PAXA and XOXO are like that kid on the other team, who, losing by 30 will tell you – “1 on 1 I’ll destroy you!”

You’ve received a lot of respect in this thread and all you have in response is QQ, and troll posts.

Respect to all the WvWers who don’t die and run to the forums. Saturday night VLK guys you just kept coming back to Greenlake. You died a lot (numbers not on your side), but you kept coming. You didn’t get the keep back but you tied us up for a while. No ragequitting and no running to the forums crying for a GvG.

Please point out where a PAXA member has come back with “hey man 1v1 me?”. Doesn’t exist. We run group spec builds, none of us are full bunkers, nor do we die respawn die respawn die respawn like call of duty. My focus as the driver is KTD (kill to death ratio). This isn’t QQing.

PAXA -GM

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Silk.8302

Silk.8302

You know I did not post anything hateful however all I got was hateful responses, no one in PVP has said anything to anyone, if you feel you want to do a 20 v 20 please let me know who wants to do and we will let you know when you our people are avail.

So yea next weekend maybe or when ever. I just do not want this discussion to go any further than it has about how you are far superior than anyone else, where as I or anyone else have never accused of you or any of the other server being below us. So lets set up a time for this 20 v 20 group and lets just settle it.

You have mail
As were the only one who will actually muster up 20 people to fight you without QQing about it… We only have 110 people

thank you MoB you guys are great people on the field we will set up a time and a day I PM’d you.

Server|Fort Aspenwood
Guild|Players Killing Players[PVP]
IGN|Sammy Eli

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: K U R O I T S U K I.4980

K U R O I T S U K I.4980

funny thing, NSP and HoD are already complaining after half a week, when ET and FC sat through these zergballs for 3 whole months.
Show some backbone, guys, you are friggin T7 and get stomped by a little server which belongs in t8, cause it gets crushed in higher tiers, right?, right?

Ahh well you see, I was there (on FC) when SF first dropped down into t8. We (FC) beat the snot out of them the first week, then they got a mass influx of transfers.. You think you hear complaining now? It was much louder back then. But I guess you must be one of the bandwagoners that joined at a much later date.

Can anyone explain… again this guy that we never got a mass influx of transfers? OK Ill do it myself…
You see, the transfer thing was the opposite, we had some guilds that played a lot of WvW, then, suddenly(they didnt said goodbye) our server wasn’t worthy enough to be their home and they mass transferred to Yaks Bend (couple of 500 member guild left, Im not talking about medium guilds) and seem to make a huge impact there in Yaks(they were #10 before now they rose and are#9), that left us Sorrows with no one on our borderlands until we hit #22, when our PvE guilds and the loyal WvW guilds that were left started playing wvw that’s when it made a difference.
I can tell you this, not a single guild who moves out of nowhere, without even saying goodbye and even trying to recruit people to move with them deserves any respect, not for me thou.
That is why you felt the strength that week, that’s why we were at T8, that’s why we are kind of glassy (we come mainly from PvE)

And btw, we never got any racist comments from Eredon or Ferguson, I really miss that, I know we can trash talk each other (to a certain degree), but racist comments just make us hate you as a whole guild and person.

[LH]La Hermandad-Guild Leader
Kuroitsuki Lvl.80 Mesmer/La Biribiri Lvl.80 Elementalist
Sorrows Furnace SF (since Aug-25-12)

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Can anyone explain… again this guy that we never got a mass influx of transfers? OK Ill do it myself…
You see, the transfer thing was the opposite, we had some guilds that played a lot of WvW, then, suddenly(they didnt said goodbye) our server wasn’t worthy enough to be their home and they mass transferred to Yaks Bend (couple of 500 member guild left, Im not talking about medium guilds) and seem to make a huge impact there in Yaks(they were #10 before now they rose and are#9), that left us Sorrows with no one on our borderlands until we hit #22, when our PvE guilds and the loyal WvW guilds that were left started playing wvw that’s when it made a difference.
I can tell you this, not a single guild who moves out of nowhere, without even saying goodbye and even trying to recruit people to move with them deserves any respect, not for me thou.
That is why you felt the strength that week, that’s why we were at T8, that’s why we are kind of glassy (we come mainly from PvE)

And btw, we never got any racist comments from Eredon or Ferguson, I really miss that, I know we can trash talk each other (to a certain degree), but racist comments just make us hate you as a whole guild and person.

Good post Kuro.

Let’s try to keep it clean people, I know we hate each other on the battlefield, but it is a game and rascist or otherwise detrimental comments just show immaturity.

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Nausicca.6038

Nausicca.6038

We’re helping our server when it’s needed. We never claimed we weren’t zerging. We are a lot of mesmers you know… and mesmers are very useful to port “invulnerable golems” into your keeps.

Also, being called roaming babies who were wrecked by pwnflakes eaters is far from receiving a lot of respect.

And I can’t destroy anyone on 1v1. I’m a carebear. A pretty carebear though. If you see me, just avoid me, I’m very fragile.
<3

VoxL, NSPPT

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

Good Monday morning everyone! Great weekend though I only made it on for a few hours.

Can anyone who is not at work (or at work and playing!) kindly provide a score update?

Thank you!

The is the only one I’ll be able to do for a bit since I have to head off to work myself.

Attachments:

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Thank you!

The is the only one I’ll be able to do for a bit since I have to head off to work myself.

Thanks Manoa!!

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Kanthar Turambar.9164

Kanthar Turambar.9164

Predictions were made:

SF will flatten HoD and NSP worse than they were destroying FC and ET (nope).
HOD and NSP are going to stop SF back to t8 (nope).
GOM is going to flatten t8 (nope).
T8 is going to destroy GOM (nope).
ANY T8 server can threaten in t7 (remains to be seen, what will the t8 end score look like?).
SF belongs in t(better than 7) (sure looks like it).
SF are weekend warriors who will lose steam going into the week (remains to be seen, I’m guessing the evenings will all move pretty similarly).
GOM may start slow and pick up steam through the week (sure looks like it).

These are a few I remember off the top of my head. I was guilty of thinking HOD and NSP would crush SF, I’ll admit, but really, the accuracy on the extremes is pretty hilariously off.

(edited by Kanthar Turambar.9164)

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Predictions were made:

ANY T8 server can threaten in t7 (remains to be seen, what will the end score look like?).
SF are weekend warriors who will lose steam going into the week (remains to be seen, I’m guessing the evenings will all move pretty similarly).

These are a few I remember off the top of my head. I was guilty of thinking HOD and NSP would crush SF, I’ll admit, but really, the accuracy on the extremes is pretty hilariously off.

I agree. That is why I just ignored all the kitten talking from all three sides and just posted that I will let the results speak for themselves. We of SF are no joke and with healthy competition we will only improve. As out numbers (zergball, whatever, call it what you want) start getting more experience with tougher battles our edge will sharpen.

Great fights that I was involved in over the weekend. Can’t wait to get off work this afternoon!!

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Jscull.2514

Predictions were made:

ANY T8 server can threaten in t7 (remains to be seen, what will the end score look like?).

I agree. That is why I just ignored all the kitten talking from all three sides and just posted that I will let the results speak for themselves. We of SF are no joke and with healthy competition we will only improve. As out numbers (zergball, whatever, call it what you want) start getting more experience with tougher battles our edge will sharpen.

Great fights that I was involved in over the weekend. Can’t wait to get off work this afternoon!!

The main point you mindless zergers seem to miss… Is just because Anet allows your mindless Zerg to win most fights because of the numbers you have (I.e 25 people fighting 5 people at a supply camp) doesn’t mean youre honing any skills. It means Anet has allowed you guys to win those fights. Has nothing to do with your organization or talent and everything to do with the fact that you have 20 more guys than the opposing camp defenders to mash #1.

PAXA -GM

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Azgarn.2145

Azgarn.2145

Once some of us noticed you and mentioned we had found “Banjo’s evil twin” in map chat/mumble, you kinda became a server bounty mission of sorts to kill the impostor. If it felt like we were focusing on you more than the rest of your group, it just meant you were incredibly popular with all us SFers.

Haha that really does explain a lot. I kept thinking to myself that I was taking a ton of damage that day and everyone seemed to have a raging clue for me. I thought I was just having a fail day. That is cool tho, I like when stuff like that happens and I don’t mind dying for an amusing cause But what if Banjo is the evil twin and Im the good guy O_o Double Imposter! Who knew a huge purple afro would draw so much attention…

Coll Ôhmsford
[IB]
“For a few to be immortal, many must die.”

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

Predictions were made:

I say this not to troll (honestly), but just before I read your post, there was a post of the current score…The first thought that popped into my head: man that looks like the scores against ET/FC…Are we gonna “flatten” them? Meh, IDK remains to be seen, but if this trend holds then we will be beating them just as badly as we were beating FC/ET most weeks.

Personally I expected a bit of a challenge when I noticed we moved up the night of reset, and seemingly we got it at first…However by Saturday we had the lead and have steadily increased that moving forward. I wanted to be around 25k by Sunday evening to give us a bit of cushion during the week. We had that by yesterday (Sunday) evening by the time I logged…Today it looks as though we are well on our way to a 40k lead, so again, if this trend holds we will win similarly as we did to ET/FC.

Mag Server Leader

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: BARFn.2841

BARFn.2841

I want to know how often NSP and HoD fought each other this weekend?

I had a blast with SoF this weekend, but it was one mad scramble after another, repelling and/or retaking one tower/camp after another. From my perspective, it seemed like every battle was SoF vs NSP or SoF vs HoD….I think I only ran into one NSP vs HoD battle (which I immensely enjoyed watching from a distance). Was that just my imagination or do I need to get out more and see the world?

God I hate those kitten necro/rangers you guys have! It seems like 50%+ of your characters are those two classes, which makes it a kitten for us to press into your well-defended keep areas.

That said, the fast moving open field skirmishes were a blast! Fun Fun!!

Didn’t enjoy being jumped by your stealthed thieves while I’m just running along, minding my own business…. Even if you only stomped me once or twice that way this weekend, it scares the bejeezes out of me every time it happens, so stop it!

Firey Disco Ball
SoF Elementalist

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

So far the only thing different I’ve noticed about SF’s play style is that they seem to abandon drawn-out fights early on, even if they would win them eventually, presumably to focus their efforts elsewhere with more efficiency.

Quite a few times this weekend I was part of defending a tower and after 4-5 minutes, just when i think they’re about to shift the momentum and break through…. they suddenly peel off and disappear.

I wonder if this is a result of weeks spent mostly PvDing and learning how to maximize players time in that context. If so, it points to a pretty impressive level of coordination and discipline.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Kanthar Turambar.9164

Predictions were made:

snip

Indeed. I think the best part about this fight (for me) isn’t the competitiveness by score but rather the fact that even if we’re getting pushed back (I’m HoD), we can still try, with varied success, to hold at bay the ball o’ doom (the usually quite disciplined ball o’ doom if we’re talking the borderland capping gang) until either help arrives, or our own groups can start taking back our stuffs.

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Typhus.3502

Typhus.3502

Small scale fighting is fun, but zerging can be entertaining too. I come from a warhammer online background, where we mostly ran with 5-8 skilled players. But unlike that game, you can’t hold out forever or wipe a zerg with so few.

Maybe I’m confused, or maybe I enjoyed a different brand of fun, but I don’t think your “even” fights are nearly as exhilarating as being outnumbered. Half of you are waffling about 5v20, while I can’t imagine what would be more fun.

Rather than complaining about zergs on the forums, you have to enter wvw with the understanding that they’re there. If you don’t like the idea of zerging, or don’t like fighting zergs, then don’t. If you got killed by 50 people, it’s because your situational awareness was too poor to notice a wave of red coming your way, maybe you went too far and didn’t recognize that it was time to pull back, you have nobody to blame but yourself. Alternatively, if you’re in eb when there’s a queue, numbers are inescapable, work with the zerg, use it for what it is, a wave of meat-shields. It doesn’t matter if they’re mindless, you can choose your targets.

For me, I did mostly small scale for a long time, but the problem with that in gw2, for me at least, was that 5 isn’t enough to take objectives, or have any actual impact. That being said, if the fights were good, I was content. On the zerg side, playing with PvP for the last few nights has been refreshing, really solidifying my return to the game, after a 4 month absence.

[TW] Pumped

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Runamok.9638

Runamok.9638

Dude…did you just say SF never got any transfers? OK then.

One Angry Brotha — Stafro Elementalist
Once in a While Mediocre Commander
#ETSummer2014BandWagon

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

It’s kind of weird being able to roam now without having to constantly look over my shoulder for tM/SPCA. You guys were fun to fight against. Take good care of Leetz for us. We never got to give him a proper send-off before ANet moved us out of the match-up.

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Toble.2968

Toble.2968

Eh, I don’t find XOXO complaining about people zerging as much though. The SF thing might be a little out of hand, but currently NSP has gotten 0 transfers and SF and hod over this last while have gotten quite a few. what we have right now are pugs and those who have been with us for a very long time. And yes, it is necessary on this server given our small population for our roamer groups to come on in and help us zerg e en if they don’t like to and it is quite noble of them to do so since it is not necessarily in their interests.

Paxa legitimately hates the way they made WvW so there is no talking to them about the subject without someone crying.

Also, Paxa will never cry for 1v1s unfortunately. They have refused me the luxury of 1v1ing anyone in their guild.

I respect XOXO for coming and helping zerg and run supply when we need it. Most roamers wouldn’t think twice about helping the main force and would carry on looking the other way. Some serious props to them.

Teal haired, Bifrost wearing, heal pooping, dot placing, noob.
| Epidemic
| Drenched

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Eyre.3058

Eyre.3058

I think SF deserves credit when it’s due and us HoDs have to take a look at ourselves after this.
Yes, SF’s numbers are astounding, but they know what they’re doing. They move together well, rez their own promptly, know where to put their siege and know when to pull back as a group. That is what it takes to win in a large-scale war scenario.
Compare it to our own HoD zergs.

I’ve seen commanders like Pew Pew, Battlecamp, Aucifer and a few others haemorrhage because their zerg keeps getting glued to PvEing SM castle’s siege instead of taking a camp or lags behind trying to fight and get loot instead of pushing into a keep.

There have been talks last week of HoD being boosted by the transfers and moving up a tier or two but look at us now.

I think SF is an excellent reminder of what the real deal looks like. We’ve been somewhat pampered by the influx of transfers and (to be honest) our tactics in WvW are really sloppy and poor. We clearly need to tighten up our game plan if we want to survive in the higher tiers.

I was there trying to push SF when they had our keep in EB with a similar number to us, but they outfought us. If we were that good as we claimed to be, we would have at least been able to get a camp out of it.
(Shoutout to Lord Kael from [SONG] for that fight yesterday =D)

Now that SF are showing the numbers, I hear a lot of whining about them being all about numbers and see a lot of the numbers just disappear now that we’re not stomping around in WvW. It just proves that we have too many casual WvWers.

Bottom line: Without serious WvWers and a night crew, we won’t get anywhere. We need to stop whining and, perhaps, even start learning from SF.

Edit: Before anyone gets offended, I didn’t mean that we (HoD) suck. We’re good. Just not good enough to be pushing up another tier. Yet.

Thank you.

Luna Eyre~Sorrow’s Furnace~ [PVP]

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Jscull.2514

Small scale fighting is fun, but zerging can be entertaining too. I come from a warhammer online background, where we mostly ran with 5-8 skilled players. But unlike that game, you can’t hold out forever or wipe a zerg with so few.

Maybe I’m confused, or maybe I enjoyed a different brand of fun, but I don’t think your “even” fights are nearly as exhilarating as being outnumbered. Half of you are waffling about 5v20, while I can’t imagine what would be more fun.

Rather than complaining about zergs on the forums, you have to enter wvw with the understanding that they’re there. If you don’t like the idea of zerging, or don’t like fighting zergs, then don’t. If you got killed by 50 people, it’s because your situational awareness was too poor to notice a wave of red coming your way, maybe you went too far and didn’t recognize that it was time to pull back, you have nobody to blame but yourself. Alternatively, if you’re in eb when there’s a queue, numbers are inescapable, work with the zerg, use it for what it is, a wave of meat-shields. It doesn’t matter if they’re mindless, you can choose your targets.

For me, I did mostly small scale for a long time, but the problem with that in gw2, for me at least, was that 5 isn’t enough to take objectives, or have any actual impact. That being said, if the fights were good, I was content. On the zerg side, playing with PvP for the last few nights has been refreshing, really solidifying my return to the game, after a 4 month absence.

Here the thing pal, Daoc / WAR had Zergs. I get that non-experienced players want to run with backup close by. The argument is that it is ALL YOU CAN DO. When entire servers cant even name 3-5 small man consistent teams on their own server then the respect level just plummets. 100s of people and No one wants to try how challenging running around with 5-even 10 can be ? Just log in and right to 40? There’s no challenge in that.

PAXA -GM

(edited by Jscull.2514)

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Hugo Mann.7506

Hugo Mann.7506

So far the only thing different I’ve noticed about SF’s play style is that they seem to abandon drawn-out fights early on, even if they would win them eventually, presumably to focus their efforts elsewhere with more efficiency.

Quite a few times this weekend I was part of defending a tower and after 4-5 minutes, just when i think they’re about to shift the momentum and break through…. they suddenly peel off and disappear.

I wonder if this is a result of weeks spent mostly PvDing and learning how to maximize players time in that context. If so, it points to a pretty impressive level of coordination and discipline.

That’s just us realizing we lack sufficient supply or blueprints to take a tower. Don’t be impressed by our inability to think ahead.

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Kanthar Turambar.9164

I want to know how often NSP and HoD fought each other this weekend?

I had a blast with SoF this weekend, but it was one mad scramble after another, repelling and/or retaking one tower/camp after another. From my perspective, it seemed like every battle was SoF vs NSP or SoF vs HoD….I think I only ran into one NSP vs HoD battle (which I immensely enjoyed watching from a distance). Was that just my imagination or do I need to get out more and see the world?

SF’s on our borders, takin our stuffs. That’s where we’re gonna put our people! I did notice HoD taking a bit of territory in the NSP borderlands over the weekend though, so there is that. Though they might have just been taking over the stuff SF took initially before SF moved on to our BL :P

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Azaruil.3406

Azaruil.3406

Yes, it is a fairly useless mechanic. But it’s still a mechanic, which has WvW specific features. Meaning at least one of it’s uses is for in WvW. I think the fact that you can’t see all the players all over the map even in a squad would even hint that it’s not meant to be a largely scattered group of 50 players.

Aza, my post clearly points out one such system that you are requesting. However, my intention in mentioning it isn’t to bring to fact the features that it implements, but rather that ArenaNet decided to do things differently than Blizzard. Of course they made stuff stick to your immediate 5 person party – can you imagine all the stacked buffs going around if they made it so 50 people could stack buffs on all 49 other people in the area?

To everyone saying that they play for fun and not seriously – That’s all great. However, you have to consider whether WvW is actually built to be the way you want to play. If you want to play one way, and another server wants to play another way, you can’t just complain because they don’t play for the reason you’re playing. A little bit of unnoticed information, but WvW comes with server rankings, and a score. If you don’t want to care about that and just want to play for fun, that’s fine. But because it has some of those competitive features, people are going to play as so. If that means running in a 40 man group, then it means running in a 40 man group. But Sorrow’s Furnace is going to play in recognition that there is a points system, and a ladder. They’re not going to ignore that just because you don’t care that there is. WvW wasn’t built around showing off your individual skill. That’s what PvP is for. WvW is large scale combat, between full servers. So if you don’t like that, don’t complain about SF – they didn’t design it, they’re just playing it to spec.

For starters, thank you for replying in a manner that actually furthers discussion instead of the usual “go spvp” slogan.

I wont argue that WvW isn’t a place for big fights, as the pop cap would indicate it is, but I will argue that WvW isn’t a place only meant for zergs.

Now I never actually played WoW and so I cannot speak for that, but from my time playing other mmo’s, the raid mechanic in pvp would allow you to see everyone in group, set up target assists, be able to mark opponents and friendlies as well as in-game voip. These mechanics would allow the raid to fight in a more organized manner with the purpose of fighting.

The commander squad mechanic in GW2 is mainly limited to the supply count and the ability of members to see where the commander is. This would indicate that commanders and squads are meant more for the aspect of sieging towers and keeps as well as their defense. This is understandable as it takes many people to take a well-defended position. This is where I believe the big fights should be happening, or at least the majority of them.

I do not think that 30-man zergs should be capping supply camps for a few reasons. For starters, it takes as little as one person to flip a camp in under a minute. The low level of difficulty in capturing it indicates that it is meant for smaller fights. Secondly, a freshly flipped supply camp can at most supply 10 people. There is no reason to bring 30 people to the camp.

So if 5 people try to ninja a tower and a bunch of enemies show up and clear them, that’s fair enough, but if you have a 30 man zerg running around on a fully capped BL trying to zerg the 3-4 enemies that might want to cap one camp and get some small fights around, then you are not playing as Anet intended you to.

Aza
“I smell like pomegranate.”

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: D W.5179

D W.5179

SF Portal bombs are shocking the first couple of times you see them; and I really think those should be restricted to only the people in a mezmer’s party, or only allow Xnumber of people through. Portal bombing ikittenllion people is game-breaking, and while not an infraction of the rules, it is certainly skating the line of cheating, it seems to me.

Skating the line of cheating???
You’re willing to throw out the word “cheating” before being willing to learn the class you are talking about? There is a limit, and you can see the limit clearly on a buff symbol on your character.
My advice, if you don’t know every class out there fairly well, is to enter sPvP and begin to learn what all of the classes can do and what their restrictions are.
Anyway, to those that think SF has no skill.
[PvP] has made it clear now that we are down for XvX GvG.
This is the meanest I’m going to be in this thread: Put up or shut up. It’s getting annoying. (This is not directed at the person I quoted above, just in general to any guild that talks smack about ALL of SF, as if we are the one server that doesn’t have a portion of skilled players, a portion of casuals, and a portion of bads LOL)

Attachments:

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: K U R O I T S U K I.4980

K U R O I T S U K I.4980

Sorry, I misspoke, wait… nope, I didn’t misspoke, We lost guilds-we went to T8-we got a horrible first week when the guilds left were running like headless chicken-we got our act together and won every single week by a landslide to get out of T8, from when we lost a lot of guilds to us going up just now, we never got a mass influx of transfers, like I said, most of the guilds playing wvw now were at some point pve mostly, hence why you were doing pvdoor the first week and getting a zerg hit you the next, also why we didn’t had any strategy until now that we need it.

[LH]La Hermandad-Guild Leader
Kuroitsuki Lvl.80 Mesmer/La Biribiri Lvl.80 Elementalist
Sorrows Furnace SF (since Aug-25-12)

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: osif.8673

osif.8673

Paxa legitimately hates the way they made WvW so there is no talking to them about the subject without someone crying.

Also, Paxa will never cry for 1v1s unfortunately. They have refused me the luxury of 1v1ing anyone in their guild.

No way, shots at PAXA from Toble?! That’s a first!
You don’t ever actually read any of our posts, so it’s impossible to speak to you. If you actually took the time to read any posts instead of reading what you want to read from us, you’ll notice that we’re bashing the people gloating about their zerg. Not zerging itself. But you can’t see that.

And lol @ the 1v1 comment. I’ve offered so many 1v1s in the past when people trash talk us and then challenge us to a 1v1 after saying we’re afraid to. Some have taken the offers, some haven’t. I never cry for 1v1s because it’s not important to me at all. But if you have ever asked me for a 1v1, I will be glad to give it to you. Refusing to 1v1 you is flat out just another one of your many lies about us.

Miller Time – 80 Sylvari Mesmer
Not Just A Goodtime – 80 Asura Warrior
[PAXA]

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Eyre.3058

Eyre.3058

Sorry, I misspoke, wait… nope, I didn’t misspoke, We lost guilds-we went to T8-we got a horrible first week when the guilds left were running like headless chicken-we got our act together and won every single week by a landslide to get out of T8, from when we lost a lot of guilds to us going up just now, we never got a mass influx of transfers, like I said, most of the guilds playing wvw now were at some point pve mostly, hence why you were doing pvdoor the first week and getting a zerg hit you the next, also why we didn’t had any strategy until now that we need it.

He’s right. We didn’t get tons of new guilds/individuals coming in. You guys should have seen SF a month ago… What we have is a result of hard work to get the server to work together.

Luna Eyre~Sorrow’s Furnace~ [PVP]

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Azaruil.3406

Azaruil.3406

Here the thing pal, Daoc / WAR had Zergs. I get that non-experienced players want to run with backup close by. The argument is that it is ALL YOU CAN DO. When entire servers cant even name 3-5 small man consistent teams on their own server then the respect level just plummets. 100s of people and No one wants to try how challenging running around with 5-even 10 can be ? Just log in and right to 40? There’s no challenge in that.

That is the main issue as well for me. The zergs are a part of wvw as you cannot 5-man a keep when there are defenders, but roaming on a map and not finding a single smaller enemy group willing to challenge themselves is quite disheartening to say the least.

Although I did come across a gutsy necro from SF the other day. She watched me 1v1 a warrior and only jumped in after I finished him. After I downed her, I bowed and walked away, because that type of mentality deserves respect.

Aza
“I smell like pomegranate.”