4th Jan: BG/SoR/TC

in WvW

Posted by: TheDevilWithinU.7092

TheDevilWithinU.7092

Very very very very very very epic fights in BG-BL/Garrison. [Choo] is lovin’ it!

Edit: We have had a blast all night long and continue to while we hold BG-Garrison… As I type this we are holding off another attack!

I’d also like to say all of our attacks have been stellar. Keep up the amazing work [Choo]!

| Maguuma | [KEK] | GvG Relic & Historian |
Notorious Nevermore – Guardian

(edited by TheDevilWithinU.7092)

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

Peetee you sound like Thal, who was in TS on reset night saying “garrison is lost, we wont hold it” as BG and TC were pushing non stop for a long time, yet we still held it, pushed both out, along with many many lord Resurrections. (What was it, 20+?)

Stop with the negativity. Seriously. Heck we all started telling thal to shut up and shove it till he stopped, later he apologized for being so negative.

So maybe you should look on the bright side of things yourself, and stop with being negative?

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Sarcasm is lost on the deaf, drill instructor Silvannas!

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Kranky.8231

Kranky.8231

I’ve had a lot of fun playing against BG and SOR with your Testudo zergs, hats off to the team that came up that tactic! It’s going to be a lot of fun learning it and playing it.

Tarnished Coast

(edited by Kranky.8231)

in WvW

Posted by: Esoteric.5490

Esoteric.5490

Cute guild name, Peetee. I hear that imitation is the highest form of flattery <3

Blackgate Forever,
Riven – [KnT] GM – http://KnightGaming.enjin.com
Commander – Grand General of Blackgate

in WvW

Esoteric.5490

And as an addendum to those 4 waypoints, it bears mentioning that we had them well under way from our NA side before our “overnight PvDoor” crew logged on.

Blackgate Forever,

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Cute guild name, Peetee. I hear that imitation is the highest form of flattery <3

Indeed it is friend, lets duel somewhere. May the better KnT win.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Mishi.7058

Sarcasm is lost on the deaf, drill instructor Silvannas!

When has it ever worked via text?

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

in WvW

Posted by: fenim.2395

fenim.2395

Is SBI oceanic primetime too? Because it sucks when NA primetime has SOR/TC fightning and then when Oceanic comes around BG gets a free pass.

in WvW

Esoteric.5490

I think it is more than a little ignorant to assume that BG doesn’t have very good NA presence and that our SEA/Oceanics are the only reason we are winning.

Blackgate Forever,

in WvW

Posted by: fenim.2395

fenim.2395

Are you saying BG Oceanics don’t give you a good point lead and cap three BL’s fully during oceanic?

Are you saying that TC/SOR has amazing Oceanic defense?

As for BG NA you are par with our servers but you have it labeled as your weakness in your recruitment forum and thats why you recruit NA players. I only listed the strong primetime zones of each server and was wondering what SBI’s was.

Sorry if you were offended but I hope you don’t have your panties in a twist.

(edited by fenim.2395)

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

BG has strong, tier-2 worthy NA. And obviously they also have an epic oceanic/asian coverage that happens to be able to exploit SoR/TC’s much weaker coverage during that timeslot. When you combine the two it’s not difficult to see why BG is clearly the strongest server in tier 2 right now.

BG’s NA is only “weak” if you compare it to their Euro/oceanic, which are both extremely strong. We’ve faced and beat servers with overwhelming oceanic (CD) before, but the NA presence cannot even be compared to BG. So yes, BG is benefiting a lot from the oceanic pvdoor that is getting them loads of points, but it’ll be silly to narrow their dominance down to that.

in WvW

Posted by: Kerithlan.1659

Kerithlan.1659

I really hope TC/SoR focus more on each other and fight for second this time around rather than putting so much focus on BG. You guys won’t win that way. :<

Technically wont win focusing on each other anyways. The idea of focusing on the leader is to deprive them of getting the potential points they need. If we ignored you and went after each other, it more or less means you can do what you want. It makes no sense to focus on each other.

Doesn’t make sense for SoR because you are already in 2nd and want to keep it that way. BUT it does make sense for TC if they actually want to progress and move into 2nd place. Afterall, you have to be 2nd before you can become 1st. TC ignoring SoR only helps SoR hold 2nd place while it guarantees that TC will stay in third.

What ends up happening is 2nd and 3rd fight amongst themselves, allowing 1st to steamroll in potential points. Fighting for 2nd doesn’t work in anyones favour except for 1st place. If both 2nd and 3rd set their sights for 1st, they serve a dual purpose, they not only work on getting themselves potential points, but they deprive 1st from theirs preventing a massive point lead. The 2nd and 3rd place would be smarter to focus on 1st to actually have a chance in a match. It also keeps things much more interesting and competitive.

Easy to say from a second place perspective, but if TC ever wants to progress, they have to focus SoR. What is much more likely is that the people on TC will do what they want because they’re not a hivemind.

Tarnished Coast should be focusing on preventing Blackgate and Sanctum of Rall from gaining a higher number of points over them than the previous week. If TC teams up with SoR then only SoR benefits.

2nd + 3rd = 2nd wins out the most
3rd + 1st = 3rd wins out the most
1st + 2nd = 1st wins out the most

The reason is that 3rd’s goal is to deny points in order to move up. 3rd gets to move up faster if 2nd is denied harder. 1st won’t be able to earn as large of a gap over 3rd if 1st is actively helping 3rd, and so 3rd will earn points from that while also earning points from 2nd’s denial.

2nd wants to deny points from only 1st in order to move up, and the easiest way to do that is to get 3rd to attack 1st. If 2nd and 3rd are leaving each other alone and allowing each other to gain points, then while both 2nd and 3rd will gain points and 1st will lose points 2nd will still come out better. The reason for this is simply that a strong 2nd place is bad for 3rd, as it means that 3rd will essentially be gifting 1st to a different server, even if they themselves move up a slot.

1st wants to deny both 2nd and 3rd from gaining points, but for different reasons than 3rd. 1st needs to ensure that 2nd does not replace them and take their spot. The easiest way for 1st to do that is to push both 2nd and 3rd down while keeping scores tight. This benefits 3rd place as well as it means 2nd will experience the most pressure, which translates into easier and more controlled wins for 1st. 1st wants to slowly and steadily gain more points from 2nd and 3rd each week with consistently larger wins each week while keeping 3rd close to 2nd. Doing this means that 3rd and 2nd will flip flop without ever threatening 1st.

So in short the only way Tarnished Coast is going to play for first is if we successfully deny points from both SoR and BG. An alliance with either of our opponents hurts us more than it helps us, while it only benefits the two of you. Don’t tell us to team up and to “play for first” when that’s what we’re doing.

If BG wants to ignore us so that we keep points and move into 2nd then hey sure great, whatever, but we’re not going to ask for it and you aren’t going to do it anyway, and even if that does happen we’re still going to fight you.

Nothing personal. It’s just how the game is designed to be played. Alliances only work if 1st and 2nd want to push 3rd out of the tier, or if 3rd is stupid.

Fosthe — Sylvari Elementalist
Men of Science [MoS] – Tarnished Coast

(edited by Kerithlan.1659)

in WvW

Esoteric.5490

Thank you, ykyk. If you think that response was being offended, you’d be quite mistaken. We recruit East Coast players because a good portion of our NA crew is West Coast. This gives us a very strong late-night NA team, but our early NA prime time hours have consistently suffered because our players are simply not home from work or school. This early NA strength that is displayed by SoR has been falsely referred to as “NA dominance” for weeks and our West Coast player’s later night efforts are written off as our “PvDoor Night Crew” The only difference between BG and SoR NA is that theirs is Eastern based for their strength and ours is Western. Our SEA/Oceanics and EU guilds push us over the edge for being tier 1 caliber because our competition lacks those. This match is a blowout because of our non-NA guilds, but our NA crew puts up as many points or more as either opponent. Simply said, the BG NA presence should not be written off as a non-factor.

Blackgate Forever,

in WvW

Posted by: Vagrant.1094

Vagrant.1094

That was a lot of siege we killed at OL keep in EB tonight >.>

6 golems, 5 vista trebs, 5 wall cats, some undergate rams, some west gate rams, some SM trebs, and some arrow carts! ^^

A very long, extended defensive hold out by TC – I’m very proud of all those who played in EB tonight between 11pm-7am EST.

A solid improvement of 4 extra hours without losing our keep and Veloka over Friday night.

BG, I hope you enjoyed us putting up a bit more of a fight tonight than last night. Personally, I find it both depressing and boring when things are so very easy to take/very easily taken. If you saw someone spamming /wave every time we wiped your various siege attempts, that was me!

Eventually, you starved us out of supply, as expected, and we had about 15 people left on the map when the keep went kersplat. It was still a lot of fun. Nights like this are what I live for in WvW.

~Nyari Cil, Queen of EB (and trebuchets)

(edited by Vagrant.1094)

in WvW

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

Yanno, I find it interesting, SoR, that you don’t seem to understand how much damage BG is doing to both of us. We have both been attacking Stonemist, true, and we’ve both broken through on different fronts… maybe not the inner gate on your end (As far as I know) but still…

So then why are you sending zerg forces at Ogrewatch? We’ve been trying to hold our forces back off you. Through a combined two-pronged assault we could probably be able to wipe out the forces in Stonemist Keep. Then of course fight each other for whoever ends up owning it in the end, yes, but still…

At this point I don’t care who has Stonemist as long as BG doesn’t still have it fortified and waypointed by tomorrow morning.

Thats how we roll, playing for 2nd before it was cool!

We don’t play for second.

But you have been second for almost 12 weeks.

Doesn’t mean we play for 2nd.
We want to win, but fall short of it.

You win by attacking the 1st, not by attacking the 3rd.

Nothing personal. It’s just how the game is designed to be played. Alliances only work if 1st and 2nd want to push 3rd out of the tier, or if 3rd is stupid.

This is all true for the points that you get.
But… the RANKING is different.

The 2nd in the ranking gets more RANKING when they take 5 points from the 1st than when they take 5 points from the 3rd.

Taking one camp from BG gives SoR 5 points.
Taking one camp from TC gives SoR 5 points.

But in the first case, BGs points will go down. And when BGs point go down, SoR gets a better ranking then when TCs points go down.

The system that they use gives a hoigher ranking when you win against a higher ranked opponent than when you win against a lower ranked opponent.

Unfortunatly, not alot of people think in terms of ranking, but only think in terms of points. Untill that changes, BG will be safe.

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

(edited by Tallis.5607)

in WvW

Posted by: Kerithlan.1659

Kerithlan.1659

Yanno, I find it interesting, SoR, that you don’t seem to understand how much damage BG is doing to both of us. We have both been attacking Stonemist, true, and we’ve both broken through on different fronts… maybe not the inner gate on your end (As far as I know) but still…

So then why are you sending zerg forces at Ogrewatch? We’ve been trying to hold our forces back off you. Through a combined two-pronged assault we could probably be able to wipe out the forces in Stonemist Keep. Then of course fight each other for whoever ends up owning it in the end, yes, but still…

At this point I don’t care who has Stonemist as long as BG doesn’t still have it fortified and waypointed by tomorrow morning.

This is all true for the points that you get.
But… the RANKING is different.

The 2nd in the ranking gets more RANKING when they take 5 points from the 1st than when they take 5 points from the 3rd.

Taking one camp from BG gives SoR 5 points.
Taking one camp from TC gives SoR 5 points.

But in the first case, BGs points will go down. And when BGs point go down, SoR gets a better ranking then when TCs points go down.

The system that they use gives a hoigher ranking when you win against a higher ranked opponent than when you win against a lower ranked opponent.

Unfortunatly, not alot of people think in terms of ranking, but only think in terms of points. Untill that changes, BG will be safe.

Viewing it via ranking doesn’t change anything that I’ve stated, actually. Red still mostly helps Blue rather than Red when Red and Blue gang up on Green. Blue still wants to make sure Red doesn’t have an opportunity to take points from Blue but rather Green.

When you look at it from a ranking perspective it’s pretty much exactly the same as viewing it from a match point perspective because the points do nothing but reflect where ranking is going. If Blue takes a Red camp then Blue is still denying Red points and preventing Red from taking ranking away from Blue.

Unless all of this was exactly your point and I misunderstood your post.

Fosthe — Sylvari Elementalist
Men of Science [MoS] – Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

I think it is more than a little ignorant to assume that BG doesn’t have very good NA presence and that our SEA/Oceanics are the only reason we are winning.

Its tough to say whether or not it is the only reason when we simply dont know. I can tell you that right now it is the reason beyond a shadow of a doubt though. All day long while I am at work, we lose 400-600ppt as our borderlands sit empty. Our doors and npc guards are a horrible defense. It is an impossible deficet to make up during NA prime time when we have to actually fight other players.

in WvW

Posted by: Dredrum.2563

Dredrum.2563

No we defend in the day with less numbers and stay competitive then at night turn up the heat. Not my fault you can’t crank up big numbers in primetime for your server.

in WvW

Mishi.7058

So are you saying you would like SoR to not attack TC while TC attacks SoR?
Or saying you want SoR and TC to only fight BG?

Commander Silvannas

in WvW

Posted by: Caelib.2497

Caelib.2497

No we defend in the day with less numbers and stay competitive then at night turn up the heat. Not my fault you can’t crank up big numbers in primetime for your server.

Not facing anyone isn’t considered “staying competitive”. And since Blackgate is a North American server, we do fine during primetime. It’s at 2AM EST that BG no longer has to face anyone because everyone in North America is sleeping.

(edited by Caelib.2497)

in WvW

Dredrum.2563

Yeah we just took tarnished coasts garrison that was being defended by 40 TC in a very long dragged out siege hats off to TC for the Defense. Just because we play at your servers off time does not mean we don’t fight anyone. And for staying competitive yes we do in the the day, we don’t 0 out on ppt we may get down to the hundreds ppt but thats it.

in WvW

Caelib.2497

You can’t gain control of 95% of all 4 BLs unless you’re virtually unchallenged — there may be some defenders, but it’s not just one keep that creates the huge point imbalance.

in WvW

Dredrum.2563

Yes we can, we outnumber at night we still are challenged. What you are trying to do is make your server seem greater by trying to knock us down in forums. Face up to the facts us moving up and sbi moving down will probably make this game much more enjoyable for all. Closer more competitive scoring, because the match up atm is very imbalanced and needs to be changed.

in WvW

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

I find it really amusing that during primetime, when the numbers are even in most Borderlands … Blackgate is usually in last place.

Did you forget reset night already? This was the score at 11pm EST Friday night.

https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/35476/1.jpg

[AoN] All or Nothing

in WvW

Caelib.2497

I find it really amusing that during primetime, when the numbers are even in most Borderlands … Blackgate is usually in last place.

Did you forget reset night already? This was the score at 11pm EST Friday night.

I’m not talking about overall score, i’m talking about actual control of the map/potential points. When the numbers of players are even, Blackgate typically controls the least amount of the map.

When Blackgate is getting 8 hours of unchallenged control of the entire map, that’s approximately +650 NET gain every 15 minutes. This is where the major imbalance comes into play when you consider how scoring is calculated. When you consider the control is mostly shared during primetime, all worlds are gained at relatively the same rate, say +200.

You all can say that you’re challenged, but the truth is you’re not.

in WvW

Xirin.8593

I’m not talking about overall score, i’m talking about actual control of the map/potential points.

I know you’re not talking about overall score, that is why I posted that specific screenshot. Look at the PPT 4 hours after reset. That is primetime NA and additionally it is on reset night which is when populations are usually at their most balanced.

I, and everyone else, knows BG gets a huge amount of points during Oceanic/EU time. I’m simply responding to your claim that BG fails during NA primetime.

[AoN] All or Nothing

(edited by Xirin.8593)

in WvW

Posted by: Leger.3724

Leger.3724

Yes we can, we outnumber at night we still are challenged. What you are trying to do is make your server seem greater by trying to knock us down in forums. Face up to the facts us moving up and sbi moving down will probably make this game much more enjoyable for all. Closer more competitive scoring, because the match up atm is very imbalanced and needs to be changed.

You outnumber TC at least 3-6 to 1 every day of the week during the 3am – 10am EST timeslot on our own borderland (I have no idea if it will get worse and last longer as more people head back to work/school). Often times the numbers were worse than that.

I’m not sure what is challenging about mass mobbing a zone devoid of any significant number of TC defenders but perhaps you can let us know because it’s certainly not a challenge being put up by say… the opposing teams.

And yeah, I’d like to see Blackgate go to 3rd place in tier 1 for a few weeks. Their Oceanic is just mass mob, it’s alright. If Tier 1 has the numbers, they’ll mop the floor in NA, hold their own in Oceanic, game over.

in WvW

Posted by: TLSolomon.6083

TLSolomon.6083

Did BG have a “commander in training” running TC BL last night from 10pm-1am est? SoR had breached north outer bay, BG had breached south outer bay at the same time- and when I went to bed at 1am it was still in TC control. If you couldnt take it from TC for two hours with DP, how are you going to take something from SoS or JQ solo in T1? Not to mention nothing else on the map got contested while everyone was focused on Bay, so TC held most of the map. Tactics like that wont work in T1. Dont worry, Im sure your night crew finally took everything for you, and you woke up this morning thinking “WE ARE AMAZING!”

in WvW

Dredrum.2563

Yeah taking a fully upgraded garrison being defended by 40 players isn’t challenging at all. No challenge what so ever.

in WvW

Posted by: Lauren.3061

Lauren.3061

Just want to say hats off to SoR and BG for a fun night in WvW. Had a great time with you guys – some brutal pushes and defenses all around! Looking forward to more!

~Arabella

in WvW

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

I find it really amusing that during primetime, when the numbers are even in most Borderlands … Blackgate is usually in last place. Then, when America is sleeping and Blackgate doesn’t actually have to face any players, they gain all of their points. Doesn’t that make everyone on the Blackgate server feel dirty? That all of your points are gained by non-competition? If you ever move up to Tier 1 … it’s going to be a very sobering experience for you.

MMO gamers in general want instant gratification and EZ mode wins. Most don’t want a challenge. Just compare it to WOW when Blizzard allowed faction and server transfers as it quickly became a cash cow for Blizzard as lots of players when this service first opened up immediately went to the EZ mode faction or server.

Anet makes it easier for those looking to be carried as they allow free weekly transfers.

in WvW

Posted by: Tajz.9826

Tajz.9826

I love how SoR logic always like this when they have less Oceanic coverage than BG:
“BG Mass people = Zerging = No Challenge, No Tacic,No Skill,PvDoor,Better Coverage blah blah”

And when SoR has more peeps than BG in NA their logic said:
“SoR Mass people = Skilled, Better coverage, Ownage, BG sux lol”

Really. Cut the crap out. Oceanic isnt neccesary mean mean zerg no tactic,and no skill all the time. We have been here since tier1 where there were all actions are packed. We fought in tier2 for weeks even when IoJ/SoR still top of their game and got their mass Oceanic zerglings to compete with us as well. In tier2 there are very often still places/locations where you need better than zerging to get the job done. At least give us some respect not a mindless insult like this.

Nirvii’s out.

[LP][HB]Nirvii, Proud Elementalist of Thai Alliance
Commander of Blackgate
Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyRsSk4l0T4

in WvW

Posted by: Tajz.9826

Tajz.9826

You outnumber TC at least 3-6 to 1 every day of the week during the 3am – 10am EST timeslot on our own borderland (I have no idea if it will get worse and last longer as more people head back to work/school). Often times the numbers were worse than that.
I’m not sure what is challenging about mass mobbing a zone devoid of any significant number of TC defenders but perhaps you can let us know because it’s certainly not a challenge being put up by say… the opposing teams.
And yeah, I’d like to see Blackgate go to 3rd place in tier 1 for a few weeks. Their Oceanic is just mass mob, it’s alright. If Tier 1 has the numbers, they’ll mop the floor in NA, hold their own in Oceanic, game over.

I love how TC/SoR logic always like this when they have less Oceanic coverage than BG:
“BG Mass people = Zerging = No Challenge, No Tacic,No Skill,PvDoor,Better Coverage blah blah”

And when TC/SoR has more peeps than BG in NA their logic said:
“TC/SoR Mass people = Skilled, Better coverage, Ownage, BG sux lol”

Really. Cut the crap out. Oceanic isnt neccesary mean mean zerg no tactic,and no skill all the time. We have been here since tier1 where there were all actions are packed. We fought in tier2 for weeks even when IoJ/SoR still top of their game and got their mass Oceanic zerglings to compete with us as well. In tier2 there are very often still places/locations where you need better than zerging to get the job done. At least give us some respect not a mindless insult like this.

Nirvii’s out.

[LP][HB]Nirvii, Proud Elementalist of Thai Alliance
Commander of Blackgate
Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyRsSk4l0T4

in WvW

Dredrum.2563

Yes I think it is a challenge to assault a fully upgraded garrison being defended by 40 players and take it. Guess you don’t like giving your own server some credit though, gluck blaming others for your losing next week when sbi moves down.

in WvW

ykyk.2740

Please stop attacking other servers. It’s not like it’s BG’s fault they have more players on certain time slots. Rather than just accept the stark truth that TC/SoR is plain outnumbered during oceanic and leaving at that, some people see the need to go one step further and insult BG’s player base. For what, exactly? They are still going to beat us, and laugh while doing so because we are all being sore losers. Nobody likes sore losers. It was funny when other servers said it of TC while we were crushing T3, and I’ll bet BG finds it funny now as they dominate us. Lose with grace, pretty please?

in WvW

covenn.7165

Yes I think it is a challenge to assault a fully upgraded garrison being defended by 40 players and take it. Guess you don’t like giving your own server some credit though, gluck blaming others for your losing next week when sbi moves down.

Are you fighting two enemy zergs off in four different zones at the same time? No you aren’t. What about all that uncontested ppt you have coming in from everywhere else?

Like I said, it is what it is. Stop acting like you are dominate during oceanic hours because of skill. The truth is nobody knows if you are skilled or not because we don’t have the numbers to find out.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

So. Much. Of. Teh. Rage.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

covenn.7165

Please stop attacking other servers. It’s not like it’s BG’s fault they have more players on certain time slots. Rather than just accept the stark truth that TC/SoR is plain outnumbered during oceanic and leaving at that, some people see the need to go one step further and insult BG’s player base. For what, exactly? They are still going to beat us, and laugh while doing so because we are all being sore losers. Nobody likes sore losers. It was funny when other servers said it of TC while we were crushing T3, and I’ll bet BG finds it funny now as they dominate us. Lose with grace, pretty please?

The reason people do that is a direct response to scoreboard posturing the have been doing for weeks before you even came to this tier. Oh do you honestly expect people to respond to that?

Before you get on your pedestal and perform your little self righteous act, maybe you should consider that.

in WvW

covenn.7165

So. Much. Of. Teh. Rage.

Seriously.

I don’t understand why people get all worked up. It is what it is.

in WvW

Posted by: Vodka.3958

Vodka.3958

Nirvii’s out.

Are you facing two enemies with a force the same size as yours in all four zones during oceanic times? The answer is no.

Who knows if you have skill or not to be honest. It isn’t like you actually have to fight anything even remotely close to what all three servers do during NA prime time. We all know this to be truth, so it is a tad silly to get defensive about it. It is what it is.

No need to get mad that Blackgate has been working more on our coverage to compete against T1 than SoR has. Every week the score between SoR and Blackgate is increasing and that’s because we learn, adapt, and change tactics so the fight is in our favor. You’re right covenn, it is what it is. So quit making excuses for your losing and deal with it.

Commander [ICoa] Hollywood Fiend
Primal Emperor of Imperial Coalition
imperialcoalition.enjin.com

in WvW

Dredrum.2563

I didn’t say anything about skil for one, I did say we are challenged though. There are players that defend in oceanic time who you act like don’t exist and we are just given everything on a silver platter which is not the case. For example the garrison take which went on this morning that I have mentioned above.

Yes we have fought on multiple fronts, you forget blackgate was a t1 server before, until we had a lot of bandwagoners leave server to move to our opposition which sunk us and we had to to rebuild. We experienced a lot of 2 v 1 and didn’t cry about it, yet here you are acting like you are the only one who has ever gotten 2 v 1’d.

in WvW

Xirin.8593

Thank you for this level-headed, well-reasoned post.

I doubt many on BG care about the hate posts at this point (although it is fun to point out logical fallacies in their rants). It seems to be a way for those people to deal with the inequity in server population. If that helps them sleep at night, then more power to them…post away.

[AoN] All or Nothing

in WvW

Posted by: Vodka.3958

Vodka.3958

I’m a nice guy covenn, you should know that Don’t miss me too much when I go into tier 1.

Commander [ICoa] Hollywood Fiend
Primal Emperor of Imperial Coalition
imperialcoalition.enjin.com

in WvW

ykyk.2740

The reason people do that is a direct response to scoreboard posturing the have been doing for weeks before you even came to this tier. Oh do you honestly expect people to respond to that?

Before you get on your pedestal and perform your little self righteous act, maybe you should consider that.

Maybe the scoreboard posturing is in response to people saying their players all have no skill. How do you measure skill? BG is slightly outnumbered during NA and tends to have a lower (though never terribly low) ppt during that time. BG massively outnumbers the rest during oceanic and goes +650. As for battles and engagements, I’m sure every server wins and loses battles all the time. What makes anyone the judge which server is more skilled? Why even bring it in? Is it some ridiculous need to justify that +20ppt on the scoreboard?

And even if BG are in fact being kitten and going all WE BEAT YOU in our faces, what of it? You are lowering yourself to the level of their trolls by responding with stupid bullkitten. What’s the point? Who’s being self righteous? I just dislike seeing what was a perfectly healthy thread go off course by people who incite this type of crap. If one side stops responding to the bait the rubbish eventually stops.

Anyway, BG is moving up a tier next week. Just let it go.

in WvW

Xirin.8593

ykyk,

If you keep making posts like this, you are going to be in danger of me falling in love with you <3

[AoN] All or Nothing

in WvW

Posted by: OldRodKS.9758

OldRodKS.9758

BG is skilled
SoR is skilled
TC is skilled

This is borne out by the fact that during most of the day, the score is pretty evenly divided. Any any time outside of Oceanic prime time, any one of the 3 servers can be ahead in pp. You look back through the past weeks’ threads if they are still available and you see a lot of score updates where the “pie” is pretty much evenly divided.

The problem is that after 5-6 hours of BG getting +600pp SoR/TC have to retake everything to get it back to a pretty even match up, but there is no way for either SoR or TC to overtake that +600 for 5-6 hours.

Sure, the fact that BG has such good Oceanic coverage is not their fault. But the chest thumping over their massive score each week is not really justified when the majority of those points come from a 6-hour window each day when SoR/TC are asleep.

Just my 2c

edit spelling

Playing on Tarnished Coast
Playing a various Stormspire alt – if it’s Stormspire, it’s probably me
Guilds: Elder Prophets [EP], Principality of New Katulus (PiNK)

in WvW

covenn.7165

Maybe the scoreboard posturing is in response to people saying their players all have no skill. How do you measure skill?

You would have a point if thats in fact how it went down. Is that what happened? Personally, I have only been responding to the posturing. Obviously, as I have mentioned numerous times, I cannot comment on the oceanic skill level on BG because we dont have the forces on either of our servers to put them to the test to find out.

in WvW

Posted by: Blade.9317

Blade.9317

Score update brought to you by Feisty:

Attachments:

[ICoa] Feisty Brat, Mesmer
Blackgate

in WvW

covenn.7165

Like I said, it is what it is. Stop acting like you are dominate during oceanic hours because of skill. The truth is nobody knows if you are skilled or not because we don’t have the numbers to find out.

Quote failure

Can you try again so I can honestly respond. YOu completely screwed up your quoting and response.