5/24 Dz-RoS-GH

5/24 Dz-RoS-GH

in Match-ups

Posted by: MrThompyson.6980

MrThompyson.6980

Here endeth the most entertaining night of WvW I have ever experienced.
Thank you DZ for your stalwart defense of garrison, thank you RoS for our numerous and massively lag inducing engagements.
And remember folks, Death From Above!

5/24 Dz-RoS-GH

in Match-ups

Posted by: Noct.1495

Noct.1495

Also, we didn’t run with CHvc last night. We met at water and fought the Dz zerg together but after that we went our separate ways.

nope we didn’t, ofc if you have 2 guilds roaming the same map it happens we end up in the same battle. Sometimes SOE jumps into our fights, sometimes we go help them. Sometimes indeed we end up defnding a keep togther,… Do you really expect to see only seperate guilds fighting in the fields? Go do some gvg man, stop running around in WvW, because that s what it is WvW or server versus sever. Can’t blame GH for having a strong community where people from other guilds get along fine and play together. It s what made GH th great server it is now. We all join our server mumble on a regular basis and yes evn our pugs most of the times are pretty well organised because we ve all played together for ages now.

Anyway, before I get draggd into 2 much negativity, thx everyone (from all servers) who where in Dzag BL tonight. Our ‘heavy night’ server event wouldn’t have been this much fun without Dzag and Ros bing so persistent in trying to take our hammer train down and in defending your Garrisson. Hats off for you stubborn kittens.

See you on the battle field!

ps: don’t worry we don’t do these events that often

Guardian of Cry Havoc (CHvc) – GH

5/24 Dz-RoS-GH

in Match-ups

Posted by: Noct.1495

Noct.1495

kitten I rly need a new keyboard kitten ‘E’ button is so broken :p

Guardian of Cry Havoc (CHvc) – GH

5/24 Dz-RoS-GH

in Match-ups

Posted by: Maverick.9472

Maverick.9472

would have thought it was the f key screwed from looting all those RIOT loot bags……

too soon ?

5/24 Dz-RoS-GH

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nymph of Meliai.6739

Nymph of Meliai.6739

Crad… don’t worry about it too much… I had great fun earlier on before dinner destroying the GH blob with my canon on SM…

Attachments:

Nymeria Meliae | SoS
Acid Bath Babies Go Plop Plop [FizZ]

5/24 Dz-RoS-GH

in Match-ups

Posted by: drkn.3429

drkn.3429

Harassing SM let us take WC and Klovan, though

5/24 Dz-RoS-GH

in Match-ups

Posted by: Monkeymonger.9235

Monkeymonger.9235

Thanks to GOA for the gvg tonight. Good luck in the future and have a nice reset!

Rorik, FURY

5/24 Dz-RoS-GH

in Match-ups

Posted by: fab.3298

fab.3298

Crad… don’t worry about it too much… I had great fun earlier on before dinner destroying the GH blob with my canon on SM…

That’s a cute little lootbag pile you have there. Here’s one you guys kindly donated to us:
http://imageshack.us/a/img19/8904/gw039vf.jpg

Fab The Guardian
[Re] Rerolled

(edited by fab.3298)

5/24 Dz-RoS-GH

in Match-ups

Posted by: Noss.4105

Noss.4105

Had to empty my necro’s bags 3 times in couple hours tonight in EB. Thanks GH!

Matchup is sadly coming to an end. I’ll miss Gunnar’s Hold, but also looking forward to fighting new people.

N*** Dew Gunnar’s Hold
WvW Roaming with Mesmer

5/24 Dz-RoS-GH

in Match-ups

Posted by: kribre.9683

kribre.9683

Just want to say sorry to SOE and CHcv if my comment upset you, it wasn’t ment for that. I just find it a bit borring and dull when you meet 2 good guilds on a borderland that potentially can give you great fights, and in 2 hours all they do to you is either run into a buffed supply camp, run inside a tower or hold hands. The death penalty in this game is very low, less than 2 silver each death :P

For example when u guys came and defended inner hills together, I rly dont mind that at all, that’s just natural ofc :P

And I never care if my opponent is more than us^^ before [Air] merged with [FIRE] I dont know how many times the 6-10 of us charged into zergs of 30+ and I do not know how many times we died and won, loads of both. I’m here for the challenge, not for the lootbags

Tripilios
[VII] – Seventh Legion – retired
[Dius] – Semper Dius – Kodash

5/24 Dz-RoS-GH

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rhymelark.4396

Rhymelark.4396

Woohoo seems we are together for another week. Love you all many times <3

Really looking forward to the community deminiative night now.

My sword is big enough to back my big mouth.
[RPS] & [PRXM] Lippsy
Gunnar’s Hold

5/24 Dz-RoS-GH

in Match-ups

Posted by: Santus.3702

Santus.3702

Waiting for Godot, and in the meanwhile… T7 for everyone. Forever!

That’s a cute little lootbag pile you have there. Here’s one you guys kindly donated to us:

I don’t need sieges!

Better to Reign in Hell, Than Serve in Heav’n.

(edited by Santus.3702)

5/24 Dz-RoS-GH

in Match-ups

Posted by: oki.3602

oki.3602

Well thank you all friends and foes for a fantastic night. There were plenty of laughs and massive fights. I thought we were not gonna get Garri, Dzag fought very valiantly.
It did feel like a bit of a role reversal as all week I have been running and getting mashed by these so called 18 strong zergs on our server (more like 30-40 most of the time).

However 3 times this week I log out with the servers pretty much level on score but in the morning the RoS night shift has dropped our tick from 300 to 65.

These 2 things combined prove how close we really are as a server!
Way to win is efficient and big zergs/blobs and night shift.

Bring on next week!!

5/24 Dz-RoS-GH

in Match-ups

Posted by: oki.3602

oki.3602

Waiting for Godot, and in the meanwhile… T7 for everyone. Forever!

I don’t need sieges!

5/24 Dz-RoS-GH

in Match-ups

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

Splendid fun with Riot guild yesterday evening – amazing you kept coming despite all the wipes, nice effort. Did you guys even notice you were picking melee fights with a 50+ strong zerg of guardians and warriors only?

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

5/24 Dz-RoS-GH

in Match-ups

Posted by: Phetid.1802

Phetid.1802

To clarify the matter of the fairly significant group of GH on Dzag borderland last night, it was an organised server event. Our ‘Heavy’ night, obviously consisting of Warriors and Guardians. The night is open to anyone on the server, as long as you bring a ‘heavy’ – gear, level, spec, experience, skill is of no concern – just bring what you have (or go roll a new one) and join in. We had people ranging from full exotics and WvW specs, to level 5’s in blue and grey gear.

Events like this make our community stronger – and its strong already – and huge thanks to Ben who organised it, and Riki who lead the night.

As to any on the opposing servers that didn’t like what we were doing – specifically RIOT – you guys came at us a good number of times. Props for trying at least – whilst we were pretty unbalanced as a group, there were an awful lot of us (over 50) and we were well organised.

It is rare that our server guilds all get together and group up, despite what you may believe to the contrary, although we do communicate and occasionally coordinate. An event like last night is very good for the server, and I can wholly recommend giving it a go.

Guild Leader – Cry Havoc (CHvc)

5/24 Dz-RoS-GH

in Match-ups

Posted by: Oliber.5142

Oliber.5142

Props to GH on Dz last night for the blob, it really was impressive how well you hunkered down and turtled like a beast. You guys survive really well, far better than Vizu did in T1!

And now, i must get back to learning how not to end up on the wrong side of the enemy while in plague..

5/24 Dz-RoS-GH

in Match-ups

Posted by: Raybunny.6190

Raybunny.6190

To clarify the matter of the fairly significant group of GH on Dzag borderland last night, it was an organised server event. Our ‘Heavy’ night, obviously consisting of Warriors and Guardians. The night is open to anyone on the server, as long as you bring a ‘heavy’ – gear, level, spec, experience, skill is of no concern – just bring what you have (or go roll a new one) and join in. We had people ranging from full exotics and WvW specs, to level 5’s in blue and grey gear.

Events like this make our community stronger – and its strong already – and huge thanks to Ben who organised it, and Riki who lead the night.

As to any on the opposing servers that didn’t like what we were doing – specifically RIOT – you guys came at us a good number of times. Props for trying at least – whilst we were pretty unbalanced as a group, there were an awful lot of us (over 50) and we were well organised.

It is rare that our server guilds all get together and group up, despite what you may believe to the contrary, although we do communicate and occasionally coordinate. An event like last night is very good for the server, and I can wholly recommend giving it a go.

Kudos, I had a great night. Well organized. Just a little taste of GH heavy power.

Little edit:
MM is not MARA for crying out loud. Its Midnight Mayhem. Nothing related. You know the ones (MMers) that love to keep hills.

Raybunny – Warrior
[Midnight Mayhem] – Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by Raybunny.6190)

5/24 Dz-RoS-GH

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jathres.7236

Jathres.7236

Nice Fight at Gunnar BL at our Spawn Tower.
Nearly managed to steal the Tower but not enough in the End.

Jathres BNF
http://www.youtube.com/user/Jathres
Piken Square

5/24 Dz-RoS-GH

in Match-ups

Posted by: MartyPartys.9187

MartyPartys.9187

Nice to see my brothers from AG @ FURY is doing so great as they do know
And Syndz, I’ll always charge after u when I’m using my mesmer, and u know why!

Bring it ^^

5/24 Dz-RoS-GH

in Match-ups

Posted by: Roo Stercogburn.9671

Roo Stercogburn.9671

I was on for a little while last night. Mostly doing repairs to our property and retaking supply camps on our borderland. Tbh was a bit bored but these tasks need to be done

So. Progress on OMG Alliance. The (very bad) music is written, vocals still to be recorded except the chorus, which is done. Not sure if this is a good or a bad thing but I’ve totally got it stuck in my head today. 135bpm and the bassdrum is me saying “Oontz”. There is more cheese here than a pizza factory.

Lyrics entirely supplied so far from this thread and from the Gunnars Hold community shoutbox:

Verse:

Me count so poor
1 Potato, I can count to 1
2 Potato, I can count to 2
3 Potato, I can count to 3
4 Potato, I can count no more potatoes!

Chorus:

Oh my god, they’ve got an alliance

Verse:

Eins zwei drei vier, my whole blob just died of fear,
Arrowcarts don’t work no more, this is not so wunderbar.
Uh oh we are ticking third, WE UNLEASH THE GILDENZERG!

Break:

Need help at GH Bay, Dz taken outer down.
That doesn’t rhyme!

Coda (probably, not sure if there’s room for this):
Oh no we’re getting double teamed,
We’re absolutely getting creamed,
…and not in a nice way.

Probably be recording this <cough> ‘masterpiece’ this evening. If RoS or Dz want to contribute any lyrics, best get them in before then. If we’re matched up over the next week, I’ll put it along with some WvW vid vs RoS and Dz

Natch, its understandable if you don’t want to touch this gobbler with a barge pole. Not entirely convinced I should be

Master Baker on Gunnars Hold serving you hot cookies.
Looney vids at http://www.youtube.com/feed/UCRhCtfrF9GhxU1CoeZSN0kQ/u
Midnight Mayhem

5/24 Dz-RoS-GH

in Match-ups

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

As a german i can tell you that this is absolutely awesome

5/24 Dz-RoS-GH

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nymph of Meliai.6739

Nymph of Meliai.6739

yes… the GH heavy power is quite impressive… I had some good fights with a warrior yesterday in our supply camp and my max damage build was barely scratching his health. I was also surprised that his hammer smash was also faster than my own interrupt – something for anet to address perhaps – make all class interrupts equal in cast time.
I was a little hampered by wasting skills on the dolyaks and camp guards but eventually, I switched builds and defeated him… and although I was barely troubled after switching my build (except when I fell off the edge into the water)… it was still a good fight.
Alas when I returned there was a ranger and my zerg build was not suited for 1v1 with a ranger… so I switched back but then there was an engineer too and 3 v 1 plus camp guards and quaggans meant it was no longer worth trying out different builds.

I did try to invite them to a party so that we could perhaps organise some 1v1 fights properly without any interference but there was no response…

The guild in question was ox

It was a very good warrior build… first time I have ever had any difficulty in beating a warrior. The other two players (ranger and engineer) were just opportunists… 1v1 they would have both died pretty quickly. I had them both down to near zero health before either friend or guard came to their rescue. But hats off to the warrior…

Nymeria Meliae | SoS
Acid Bath Babies Go Plop Plop [FizZ]

5/24 Dz-RoS-GH

in Match-ups

drkn.3429

You know the ones (MMers) that love to keep hills.

Due to our solid influence income, we’re one of the main keep claimers and buffers around, so you surely know our purple-white triskele emblem, too :p

(edited by drkn.3429)

5/24 Dz-RoS-GH

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hyung.6140

Hyung.6140

As a german i can tell you that this is absolutely awesome

+1 to this, we all fell in love with the word ‘gildenzerg’ when we checked out the German forums. As ever the Germans have maxed out their ‘Create Awesome Words’ trait line.

Amazing work Roo, really can’t wait to hear the masterpiece… ;p

—-
Hyinna, Gunnars Hold
[Ub] – My Life for Alesia

5/24 Dz-RoS-GH

in Match-ups

Posted by: spiritus.7983

spiritus.7983

a guy from UK, with australian name, writes a techno in german words about potatos(I think)

I’m a simple man and I destroy everything I fear or dont understand… and right now I dont understand :p

Evil, GH -Charr rule.
A Skritt is dumb. A group of Skritt are smart.
A Human is smart. A group of Humans are idiots.

5/24 Dz-RoS-GH

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rhymelark.4396

Rhymelark.4396

Aother week draws to a close. Big grats to RoS for taking the number one spot this week

My sword is big enough to back my big mouth.
[RPS] & [PRXM] Lippsy
Gunnar’s Hold

5/24 Dz-RoS-GH

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liquid Storm.8097

Liquid Storm.8097

Very Very dissappointed that Cryhavoc, PRXM and MARA needed to blob to wipe RiOT! No respect for you guys now :/

Ah leave them. We were wiping them the whole week anyway.

Sarcasm aside RiOT are a decent open field guild but ive seen a RiOT only group once since our matches have been going. You guys are always hand in hand with VcY and Dex so please understand why this happened to tonight and how we have felt with you doing it constantly.

Next time you meet us, please take a closer look. It’s mainly RiOT with maybe 3 or 4 people from other guilds, definitely not more, unless there’s a RiOT commander leading pugs. I’m not judging you for your server event, nor am I complaining or QQing. Just don’t accuse us of something we don’t do.

Just like you did over my 7-0 comment? Easy, p.s. Zim never commanded FURY. Oh, and he got kicked for being a knob.

At this point I would like to express my utmost gratitude to FURY for kicking Zim out. RoS and RiOT are very pleased to have him with us.

Staff elementalist @ [SOUL]
Far Shiverpeaks EU
http://fspsoul.enjin.com/

5/24 Dz-RoS-GH

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hyung.6140

Hyung.6140

Next time you meet us, please take a closer look. It’s mainly RiOT with maybe 3 or 4 people from other guilds, definitely not more, unless there’s a RiOT commander leading pugs. I’m not judging you for your server event, nor am I complaining or QQing. Just don’t accuse us of something we don’t do.

Don’t worry yourself, the respect in which Riot are held hasn’t changed at all! <3

—-
Hyinna, Gunnars Hold
[Ub] – My Life for Alesia

5/24 Dz-RoS-GH

in Match-ups

Steelo.4597

points Hyinna to the door

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

5/24 Dz-RoS-GH

in Match-ups

Posted by: ZStefanovic.2475

ZStefanovic.2475

Very Very dissappointed that Cryhavoc, PRXM and MARA needed to blob to wipe RiOT! No respect for you guys now :/

Sarcasm aside RiOT are a decent open field guild but ive seen a RiOT only group once since our matches have been going. You guys are always hand in hand with VcY and Dex so please understand why this happened to tonight and how we have felt with you doing it constantly.

Just like you did over my 7-0 comment? Easy, p.s. Zim never commanded FURY. Oh, and he got kicked for being a knob.

At this point I would like to express my utmost gratitude to FURY for kicking Zim out. RoS and RiOT are very pleased to have him with us.

you’re welcome

Former [FURY] – Farming Orr since 1802
my stream: http://twitch.tv/Para_Streaming
All names start with Para

5/24 Dz-RoS-GH

in Match-ups

fab.3298

Any duelling events going on before reset?

Fab The Guardian
[Re] Rerolled

5/24 Dz-RoS-GH

in Match-ups

Steelo.4597

congratz RoS on first place, but also huge congratz to my fellow gunnars for secureing 2nd place despite the odds =) its been a hard week and we still managed to keep dzag under the carpet, with a little effort at last, but we did it. splendid work!

<[RiOT]Crad>focus GH let dz come 2nd

(edited by Steelo.4597)

5/24 Dz-RoS-GH

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

Any duelling events going on before reset?

only on the forums it seams :P

5/24 Dz-RoS-GH

in Match-ups

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

This thread… it’s just so… H E A V Y!

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

5/24 Dz-RoS-GH

in Match-ups

Posted by: flameinabox.8913

flameinabox.8913

Anyone guild from GH or DZ up for a last minute GVG for a bit of fun? Whisper me whilst you still can! <3

AG-Commander: Mesmer Mukuro
Flare[FIRE] #1 Fabulous Mesmer-
Official Flare PR Manager

5/24 Dz-RoS-GH

in Match-ups

Posted by: Angel Of Eternety.4625

Angel Of Eternety.4625

Hi everyone.

Want to thank everyone for all the good fights this week. Some wins, many losses^^ more wins, some losses.

I hope we can go without to many incidents next week and try to keep it clean and fun.

Dont jump on bodys^^, give it a good /bow if it was a good one or run to the next one..

See you inngame for fun and hopefully laughter^^

Bringing you lootbags since start^^
Little Cursed Angel—Norn Necro lvl 80
The Enchanted Angel—Human Mesmer lvl 80

5/24 Dz-RoS-GH

in Match-ups

Posted by: Neil.6138

Neil.6138

Praxium videos from this week and last.

Fire and Forget – Vs Fire and Vs Dz
Praxium Make a Splash – short
From Splash to Flash – Lippsy leads his first Hills offence (full comms)
Flow and Crash – Vs RiOT and Vs Dz/RiOT
Good to be Back – My first night back after a few weeks

My PVP videos
Staff Ele Organised WvW Guide
The Frenzied Few [RAGE], Gunnars Hold.

5/24 Dz-RoS-GH

in Match-ups

Noss.4105

Big grats to RoS for taking the number one spot this week

You’re not supposed to do that!

N*** Dew Gunnar’s Hold
WvW Roaming with Mesmer

5/24 Dz-RoS-GH

in Match-ups

Posted by: WhiskeyJack.5839

WhiskeyJack.5839

Openfield fight of the week was this for me….. 18 [FURY] vs Dzag Zerg vs [RiOT] vs Dzag Zerg

thanks goes out to [FIRE] and [GoA] for the GvGs.

Gunnars Hold
Furious Cookies[FURY]

5/24 Dz-RoS-GH

in Match-ups

Posted by: Runty Choir.4893

Runty Choir.4893

Yea once again its been a fun week. Our moral is still high and will continue to be so i believe. Would have been nice to see a fresh matchup next week. You never know maybe DZ will actually venture to ROS border at some point and actually make this a more even fight.

Also kinda surprised RiOT are claiming they only ever run with 2-3 pugs. Is this a typo and you mean 2-3 pug zergs?

Alpha
Victrixx [xVx]

5/24 Dz-RoS-GH

in Match-ups

Noss.4105

Also kinda surprised RiOT are claiming they only ever run with 2-3 pugs. Is this a typo and you mean 2-3 pug zergs?

If it’s guild raid, our commander usually runs without tag. We try to get rid of pugs, but it doesn’t always work.

Ofc sometimes our commanders run pug zergs too.

N*** Dew Gunnar’s Hold
WvW Roaming with Mesmer

5/24 Dz-RoS-GH

in Match-ups

fab.3298

Forum drama aside our match-ups with ROS and Dz have been a lot of fun. Thanks for keeping it exciting and if we get separated next week good luck to you both.

Fab The Guardian
[Re] Rerolled

5/24 Dz-RoS-GH

in Match-ups

Runty Choir.4893

I was referring to when you blob with VcY and FRS nearly every reset so far. But looks like we may not be seeing each other again this week.

Alpha
Victrixx [xVx]

5/24 Dz-RoS-GH

in Match-ups

Posted by: zonderbon.5871

zonderbon.5871

Well, seems they’ll have the new matchups ready after all. GH and DZ, thank you for all the matchups. After so much blood, sweat and qqtears from all of us, it feels like having to part with something very familiar! And I can’t deny I had fun for the most part of it, thank you all and good luck with whomever you face.

edit: I was going to find some time next week to come up with a techno backing track just for you guys; should be easier than writing a rock song.. but oh well the imagination will have to do

Feras Pridestalker/Acamar Blazeclaw of <Waking January>, the in-game and real-life band!

(edited by zonderbon.5871)

5/24 Dz-RoS-GH

in Match-ups

Noss.4105

I don’t really see the problem in grouping with people from other guilds. Especially at resets when the zergs are so huge.

It’s not like [PRXM] always runs alone.

Attachments:

N*** Dew Gunnar’s Hold
WvW Roaming with Mesmer

5/24 Dz-RoS-GH

in Match-ups

Runty Choir.4893

PRXM never claim to always run alone but we do 95% of the time. Even to the point we had 8man guild run at one point today. But your screenshot was when we happened upon FURY at the secret cata spot and thought we would help them out. No prior plan to join up.

Alpha
Victrixx [xVx]

5/24 Dz-RoS-GH

in Match-ups

Noss.4105

Maybe you’ve just been unlucky(or lucky ) for not running on RiOT only group. I don’t run much with zergs, but I’ve been in RiOT only(+ few randoms) group many times.

N*** Dew Gunnar’s Hold
WvW Roaming with Mesmer

5/24 Dz-RoS-GH

in Match-ups

drkn.3429

Noss. It’s the [RiOT] people who started whining about ‘blobbing’, teaming up with other guilds from the same server, and other silly things. Remarks about you doing so were merely counterattacks by using your own arguments against you.
I appreciate that you’ve finally noticed it’s not the most evil thing out there.

Have fun in the new week guys o/

5/24 Dz-RoS-GH

in Match-ups

Runty Choir.4893

Omg im blown away, something new…. DZ tried hit us and not ROS. Oh wait thats not new. Looks like you are still getting smashed as well lol.

Alpha
Victrixx [xVx]