A good class in WvW?

A good class in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: BlueIvy.3817

BlueIvy.3817

I recently just got the game Friday 4th January and not long ago stopped playing WoW. So I’m very new to the game. I’ve tried spvp and wvwvw and I enjoy them both, but the problem is I can’t seem to find a good profession to play. I get bored easily from dying and low damage. I woul like to try a class with a good amount of damage, good at wvwvw (as this is what I am planning to do) and also fun to play. I hope someone can suggest a profession to play that meets the requirements above. It would also e nice to see what other people’s chosen class is like for them. Thankyou.

A good class in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Animi.4617

Animi.4617

First of all any class can be very good in WvW it’s only matters of your taste in playing a profession. I have a mesmer a guardian and an engineer. Right now I play the most with the engi because it’s the newest one. I don’t know what you want to do in WvW. if you just want to go around killing people alone maybe you can try out the thief,ele,mesmer or if you want to go with group/guild/zerg try the warrior,ele,guardian. However as I said every class can be usefull in anyway.

A good class in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Coltain.1395

Coltain.1395

You will see a lot of whining on the classes’ forums how class X/Y/Z is weak and underpowered.

Don’t listen to those

Any class can do good in wvw and be useful, it’s more about your play style and skills. You must choose a class that YOU feel most comfortable with, and then you’d rock it.

A good class in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Adaneshade.2409

Adaneshade.2409

^^^This…

I’ve been running around solo today on a level 15 (well is 18 now) ranger, full melee spec and actually doing fairly well. Killed way more 80s than I would have ever expected to ^.^

~Shadowkat

A good class in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Lalnuir.4957

Lalnuir.4957

All classes can be good in WvW but some are better suited at certain roles than others.

Certain builds are much more effective than others in wvw thou.
Builds that bring aoe, support and/or crowd control are much more useful than anything focusing on single target dps.

A good class in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

Can’t go wrong with;

Mesmer/Elementalist – caster
Thief – stealth
Warrior/Guardian – melee

Depends on your play style really.

Even Engineers, Rangers and Necros can be effective in certain situations (keep offence/defence).

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

A good class in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Themanbat.3206

Themanbat.3206

Angelic Synergy [Holy], Andromeda (Mesmer)/Samson of Mice (Guardian)/Ren the Stumpy (Engi)

A good class in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

Solo roaming – Thief or D/D ele – take out dolyacks, supply camps every now and then

The zerg – Basically everything else, ele included. Thief is pretty moot in zergs due to their relatively squishy nature and uneffectiveness of stealth when it’s AOE spam battles. Clusterbomb is nice, though

A good class in WvW?

in WvW

Lalnuir.4957

Solo roaming – Thief or D/D ele – take out dolyacks, supply camps every now and then

The zerg – Basically everything else, ele included. Thief is pretty moot in zergs due to their relatively squishy nature and uneffectiveness of stealth when it’s AOE spam battles. Clusterbomb is nice, though

Thieves do just fine in zerg on zerg if you are running a crit build and omnomberry pie and don’t stand in the main mass of aoes. They have several useful things they can do.

~dagger storm into the middle of the enemy zerg when your team pushes them. ~Throw poison fields around, especially on downed people.
~ pb cluster bomb spamming if their melee gets leaves their squishier classes alone
~ Killing those annoying thieves that go after your squishies

A good class in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Setch.2398

Setch.2398

My favorite class for wvw is mesmer. I use staff and 2 handed sword. (Trident underwater) A guildie uses two handed sword and one handed sword/pistol offhand. He is a dps spec. more glass cannon and I am a brick peashooter. I am impossible to kill but my damage isn’t very good.

You should jump into spvp with both builds and see which you like best.
His build is: 10,30,0,25,05 (Domination III) (Dueling II, IV,IX) (nothing on chaos (Inspiration IV, V) (and 5 points into illusions)

I am 0,0,30,30,10) (Chaos IV, X, XII) (Inspiration V, VI, IV) (Illusions III)

If you want solo camps with relative ease, ranger is also a good choice.

SOR – [Boss]

A good class in WvW?

in WvW

Lalnuir.4957

Mesmers who don’t use the aoe pull on the focus make me sad.

A good class in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Setch.2398

Setch.2398

Yeah, I didn’t want to get into using 3 weapons :P

SOR – [Boss]

A good class in WvW?

in WvW

Lalnuir.4957

Yeah, I didn’t want to get into using 3 weapons :P

Aoe pull skills are amazing in a group fight if you are on a voip and can call out to your team mates your using one so they know to aoe that area it’s really a shame that only two classes get one and mesmers have such lacking main hand weapons for group fights that you hardly ever see one using a focus in a fight.

A good class in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: BlueIvy.3817

BlueIvy.3817

Thanks for everyones replies, but i guess I’m looking to roam in small groups rather than big zergs, I feel like I can’t get involved if I’m in a big Zerg. So are there other classes that are better suited to this sort of style?