Arrowcarts [merged]

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: KarlusDavius.1024

KarlusDavius.1024

I’d be fine with these changes if the minimum ranged on arrow carts was increased. So they become ranged defensive siege only. That way if you know of an attack, then you can push people back. However if you are at the doors,the carts are useless on walls of smaller towers and a change in tactic is needed in addition,the damage does seem crazy with multiple carts. To e in back by 30%.

Originally I would of said the arrow carts have a lower AOE cap, but that promotes zerg gameplay.

Changing the minimum range allows small groups to get to a door and ram it, causing the defender to call for back up or to set up siege in a different location.

Cmdr. Kiro Heimdahl
Warrior
Far Shiverpeaks

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

No matter how much you love Anet or Guild Wars 2, they have and they will make many mistakes. You don’t have to kiss Anet’s kitten up and down the forums just because people are upset over a change made in game.

If you play WvW for the pvp, then you would realize how dumb this change really is. Siege should support the players, not the other way around.

Anyways, I support this thread and the guild VoTF for speaking up on this god awful buff to arrowcarts. Arenanet needs to man up and address this situation soon as WvW is losing what little fun was left in it.

If you play WvW for pvp your doing it wrong. WvW is comply different from the idea of PvP mainly because its not player vs player it is a world vs world.
I have got to say FA guilds are becoming major disappointments for me if this is the best we have as a world to go crying to Anet that its op and to fix it for us. It has not even been a full week of trying new things out and we as a world have ppl who want it to be made easier. I am ashamed to be on the same world as these guilds if this is the true view point of there guilds and not just a few random players from the guild.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

(edited by Jski.6180)

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: FractalChaos.6539

FractalChaos.6539

“You do realise that there are no AC in the vid shown right?” Of course there are; I’m standing in the red circles the whole time. It’s plainly visible.

“2 or 3, maybe 4” Well which is it? No AC, as you stated +in the previous sentence+ (!!!!) or are there 2,3, maybe 4? Which one is it? Getting your facts straight when trying to rebut someone’s argument is pretty vital in any debate.

" poorly placed" Who cares where they are placed?? THEY’RE ALL HITTING ME!!!! How would their placement make them more effective? Arrow carts hit you, or they don’t. If they do, then they’re in the right spot. They wouldn’t do more damage to me because someone had tucked them away 2 feet to the left. Do you think about what you write before you write it?

And how do you use an arrow cart poorly? You form a group, you assist, and you all fire repeatedly for maximum effect. mixing in your bleeds with your snares. It’s not particularly hard to grasp._

“They don’t even shoot the ram plan…” At 0:42 you can clearly see the arrows raining down on the ram, killing the two operators (poor widdle Asura). The ram goes down at 1:08. Please try not to lie when it’s so easy for me to make you look silly.

I’m still waiting to see video proof that arrow carts are making it impossible to capture keeps or towers, or to fight in open field, or to take a supply camp. Screenshots are not acceptable, I don’t put it past you lot to photoshop a 70k AC crit into a screenshot.

Video proof please; I did it. Why can’t you?

I am sorry, but I’m not quite sure you are in a position to tell people who looks silly.

I could say tons of things to your mindless braindead conclusions, but I’ll say only one thing. Yes you can still flip keeps and towers, yes it will take longer and yes that is what will kill world versus world.

You could say them, if you actually had any sort of proof that my conclusions are incorrect. Until you do, however, yes…best to remain silent.

People’s ignorance really pisses me off.
Stupidity is when you can’t help it;
Ignorance is when you choose not to understand.

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Caliban.3176

Caliban.3176

Originally I would of said the arrow carts have a lower AOE cap, but that promotes zerg gameplay.

Actually that is not exactly true. A lower AOE cap (let’s say 30 people instead of 50) would increase the efficiency of all groups of 30+ so you could say that anything from 30+ is a viable and strong attack force because of that. Now a viable and strong attack force is 50+. So the lower AOE cap would make it possible for smaller zergs (everything between 30 and 50) to count as a formidable opponent as well.

However because it is so late in the game already the zergs are already running around at their regular size, I do not think that they’ll start running around with less people. Instead they’ll do the same thing and use the advantage that is given to them even if they are a huge group.

So basically it is a little more complex than what you were saying. It would help the huge zergs if caps were lowered so that is bad but it would also open up the option for slightly smaller groups to roam around. So they would have to find a compromise that is somewhere in the butterzone.

There was already an established siege cap, it was not perfect but changing it would be a hard thing to do without breaking the game. It could only be done through very small changes (change the cap for 2 people at each patch) and those changes would have to be evaluated every step

So it is pretty much like with the arrowcarts. They could change the damage (even if I did not think there was a need to) but just not by 80% + 25% of 180%= +125%. And let’s not forget that they’ve also added a lot of range. Why could they not have just buffed it by 10% and see what happened? There would be way less backlash against that. I would still think it would be a step in the wrong direction but at least it would prove that they are prudent and don’t just randomly give away crazy buffs.

P.S. This was a simplified way to explain it, I know everything becomes increasingly more complex as there more than 1 arrowcarts. It was just to get my point across.

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net
7.2k+ hours played on Minesweeper

(edited by Caliban.3176)

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Silas.8630

Silas.8630

Once again, with feeling;

Arrow carts are easy to deal with. Period. Lurn too pley.

LOL, thank you for just accidentally proving the opposite point you meant to.

The video you posted consists of a ram plan getting thrown down and destroyed immediately after it’s built, with some kitten dancing in the AC fire while his teammates die. Two minutes after the siege began, three commanders and their zergs turn tail and flee without even having scratched the gate.

SBI
[DR]

(edited by Silas.8630)

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Alekty.8706

Alekty.8706

You could say them, if you actually had any sort of proof that my conclusions are incorrect. Until you do, however, yes…best to remain silent.

Okay I’ll bite your lure.

This video prooves that aliens exists just as much as your video prooves that ACs are fine.

So.. in light of this, I do believe that aliens on earth is of a more important matter than arrowcarts, what are we going to do about the aliens? So until you can give me a video prooving that aliens doesn’t exists I think you should remain silent.

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Caliban.3176

This video prooves that aliens exists just as much as your video prooves that ACs are fine.

So.. in light of this, I do believe that aliens on earth is of a more important matter than arrowcarts, what are we going to do about the aliens? So until you can give me a video prooving that aliens doesn’t exists I think you should remain silent.

I’m sorry, but can you really say that Aliens are more important than arrowcarts right now? Don’t be ridiculous. Aliens aren’t OP, arrowcarts are.

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Aytrix.4059

Aytrix.4059

No matter how much you love Anet or Guild Wars 2, they have and they will make many mistakes. You don’t have to kiss Anet’s kitten up and down the forums just because people are upset over a change made in game.

If you play WvW for the pvp, then you would realize how dumb this change really is. Siege should support the players, not the other way around.

Anyways, I support this thread and the guild VoTF for speaking up on this god awful buff to arrowcarts. Arenanet needs to man up and address this situation soon as WvW is losing what little fun was left in it.

If you play WvW for pvp your doing it wrong. WvW is comply different from the idea of PvP mainly because its not player vs player it is a world vs world.
I have got to say FA guilds are becoming major disappointments for me if this is the best we have as a world to go crying to Anet that its op and to fix it for us. It has not even been a full week of trying new things out and we as a world have ppl who want it to be made easier. I am ashamed to be on the same world as these guilds if this is the true view point of there guilds and not just a few random players from the guild.

“World versus World (also known as WvW) is a Player versus Player game mode where players from three different servers, or worlds, battle in the Mists.”

Straight from the GW2 Wiki. Do you even play WvW?

I could make some generalizations about the guild you’re in based on your lack of knowledge of the game, but that’s just childish. I like OBEY, but I guess even they have some questionable individuals as you have proven here.

(edited by Aytrix.4059)

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: KazAk.3269

KazAk.3269

I’m sorry, but can you really say that Aliens are more important than arrowcarts right now? Don’t be ridiculous. Aliens aren’t OP, arrowcarts are.

honestly there is some people here says that the ac damage is quite good and they can handle it. They are op and anet needs to nerf them before the ac.

Xeco|VoTF

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: graverr.6473

graverr.6473

YUP

Buff ACs ,Nerf aliens

BALANCE

Mini Somales -Seven Instincts- [siN]

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

FractalChaos.6539

Once again, with feeling;

Arrow carts are easy to deal with. Period. Lurn too pley.

LOL, thank you for just accidentally proving the opposite point you meant to.

The video you posted consists of a ram plan getting thrown down and destroyed immediately after it’s built, with some kitten dancing in the AC fire while his teammates die. Two minutes after the siege began, three commanders and their zergs turn tail and flee without even having scratched the gate.

blink

Really?

A) That’s me dancing in the video as arrow carts barely hurt me. I frapsed that fight.
B) I already mentioned the rams were dropped far too early. It was a bad move. Four people died and the other 20 or so stayed back and lived. 4 people died out of a possible 25. Not exactly a slaughter, is it?
C) The commanders did not “turn tail and run”; they needed supply to build catas and decided to go get some. It’s clearly visible in my chat window; “Ok, gonna resupply and try this again” That’s not a rout; that’s smart.

However, given that you didn’t read my earlier post about the video, given that you didn’t even know it was made by me, and given that you think the attack broke in a panic and ran when it’s quite obvious we didn’t…yeah, you’re kinda clueless.

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

“World versus World (also known as WvW) is a Player versus Player game mode where players from three different servers, or worlds, battle in the Mists.”

I could make some generalizations about the guild you’re in based on your lack of knowledge of the game, but that’s just childish. I like OBEY, but I guess even they have some questionable individuals as you have proven here.

Its more then just a type of pvp WvW is more of group vs group with the ability to changes the environment that the groups play in.
I play too much WvW lol i know that it takes time for ppl to try new things out to play with the WvW system. I just know FA is good on the tactic side of things and i know some very good commanders from BT i am just hoping a few members are not making it seem as if there guild is not able to adapted to the new tools in wvw. I am trying to preserve BT name and FA name as a WvW power.

That the big thing i want to point out this update has not been with us for long we should give it a try more then all this flawed info and video pic etc.. 5 days is not going to tell you what you can do to counter play AC nor it will not tell you how to use them to the best.

Added note to FA:
I got on our forums about this took forever it would be nice if you guys would post your view points there too i am trying to work out if as a world we hate this or is this more on the lines of a few ppl first reaction to this.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

(edited by Jski.6180)

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

FractalChaos.6539

That’s a really creative analogy…not quite as witty as you think it is, I suspect, but anywho…

I will repeat my question; why was everyone saying arrow carts were fantastically overpowered yesterday when now, based on more recent comments, “3 or 4” is no big deal today? C’mon, watching you all dodge the question isn’t as much fun as it was an hour ago…

(edited by FractalChaos.6539)

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Nymph of Meliai.6739

Nymph of Meliai.6739

I wouldn’t worry about aliens… a couple of arrow carts will sort them out… the new range should allow then to reach the outer atmosphere.

Nymeria Meliae | SoS
Acid Bath Babies Go Plop Plop [FizZ]

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

This thread is really getting out of control. Siege exists in WvW for a reason. A player with siege vs another player with siege is still PvP. Stop trying to argue and use the wiki as your weapon.

Maybe they buffed the AC’s because the percentage of GC builds is getting equally out of control. Now you’ll need to put some toughness and healing in the build. Maybe Arenanet is smarter than you give them credit for. They only made the game!

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

FractalChaos.6539

“…In World versus World, players can besiege structures such as Keeps and Towers with siege weapons…”

Also from the GW2 Wiki. Oddly enough it’s part of the very same 3 line paragraph that you quoted. I’m not saying you tried to hide or omit valuable information; it’s perfectly legitimate to believe that you simply stopped reading once you saw something that supported only your side of the debate. Common mistake, we all forgive you.

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Mizu.9387

Mizu.9387

Ok, so last night RiOT decided to abuse this patch until they revert it. We started with 10 guys in Bay (one of the easiest keeps to take). 3 superior arrowcarts and 1 superior ballista at the back of the Lords Room.
About 50 enemies break down the north inner door and start pouring in. Not a single on of them made it to the stairs of the lord room.
They kept coming in wave after wave, and they just melted away.
They built 6! trebs in different spots to try and take down the siege, which was not possible.
The result was us staying in the lord room, and the enemies took down every single wall and gate since they couldn’t do much else.

So my point is, it doesn’t matter if you can build a million trebs and get every single wall down, you still need to pass that choke point.

Sif Urkraft

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: KazAk.3269

KazAk.3269

This thread is really getting out of control. Siege exists in WvW for a reason. A player with siege vs another player with siege is still PvP. Stop trying to argue and use the wiki as your weapon.

Maybe they buffed the AC’s because the percentage of GC builds is getting equally out of control. Now you’ll need to put some toughness and healing in the build. Maybe Arenanet is smarter than you give them credit for. They only made the game!

Ohh wait, wut ? wut is the toughness and wut is the healing power ? can you explain for me ?im noob in this game and i run with magic find gear, i thought that might help

Xeco|VoTF

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Aytrix.4059

Its more then just a type of pvp WvW is more of group vs group with the ability to changes the environment that the groups play in.
I play too much WvW lol i know that it takes time for ppl to try new things out to play with the WvW system. I just know FA is good on the tactic side of things and i know some very good commanders from BT i am just hoping a few members are not making it seem as if there guild is not able to adapted to the new tools in wvw. I am trying to preserve BT name and FA name as a WvW power.

That the big thing i want to point out this update has not been with us for long we should give it a try more then all this flawed info and video pic etc.. 5 days is not going to tell you what you can do to counter play AC nor it will not tell you how to use them to the best.

First off, you need to worry about yourself and your guild only. BT, and myself, are in WvW every single night. No I don’t speak for the entire guild of BT, but i talk and listen to these guys nightly so I know the general consensus. You know little to nothing about the guild, and apparently the Fort Aspenwood community as well. FA plays for the great fights first and foremost. We play the meta to the point that we remain in T2 which has given us the best fights of any tier. Do you even participate in the community forums?

Second, we have already adjusted to the arrow cart change, it doesn’t take weeks to do if you WvW daily, which i doubt you do with the statements you have brought to this thread. The adjustment involves building many trebs and arrow carts in order to take out the ridiculous amount of trebs and arrow carts the enemy puts up for defense. It takes an excruciating amount of time to take the siege out and all the while both defenders and attackers stand around until one side wins siege wars 2. It is incredibly boring when you have to siege for hours just to get the enemy out of their keeps and off their arrow carts.

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Aytrix.4059

“…In World versus World, players can besiege structures such as Keeps and Towers with siege weapons…”

Also from the GW2 Wiki. Oddly enough it’s part of the very same 3 line paragraph that you quoted. I’m not saying you tried to hide or omit valuable information; it’s perfectly legitimate to believe that you simply stopped reading once you saw something that supported only your side of the debate. Common mistake, we all forgive you.

I am not arguing that there should be no siege in WvW. The point was made by the other guy that WvW is NOT PvP. Did you even bother to read the posts?

EDIT: Its funny that in your sig you mention how peoples ignorance kitten es you off. Your own ignorance must make you absolutely furious.

(edited by Aytrix.4059)

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

I am not arguing that there should be no siege in WvW. The point was made by the other guy that WvW is NOT PvP. Did you even bother to read the posts?

EDIT: Its funny that in your sig you mention how peoples ignorance kitten es you off. Your own ignorance must make you absolutely furious.

Honestly,i think it would be wiser to ignore this guy all together for he may be the reason this thread will be locked up.he’s trying to force his opinion down our throats and not accepting what anyone else has to say.

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Amelia Knox.9362

Amelia Knox.9362

WARNING LONG RANT, BAD ENGLISH
Hi, i want to thank everybody for every opinion on this thread pro and anti AC buff, i don’t post much i feel that now is the time.

My Toughts on WvW in general, is becaming more and more siege every time, and that’s bad because in this game siege is pretty static, a player that knows the siege placement can pretty much know how to counter whatever siege the enemy is using, it became Rock-paper-scissor.
I hope Anet will try to shift wvw to a more skill based system i think the game can still recover, but is my last hope now. I know is hard for you developer, but me and many are still here hoping don’t let us down.

I’m on Aurora glade, we have a strange coverage, we have a pretty decent primetime and good late night(mainly the other server don’t have enough at late night) but we’re pretty bad in coverage rest of the day that means that we lose our stuff very easily most of the days.
When i play, so primetime and latenight i face enemy with everything upgraded and full of siege, and that becames a very annoying to attack, because we know that we need time to take something and is only about time nothing else and there is no skill involved what so ever, is just or the defender greatly outnumber you and push you out or they stay in the keep/tower until we finally breach and wipe them.
Using siege is not skill is just knowledge of placement and now with the all mighty AC you just need that to kill anything that comes close.

This game is already stale because of glicko system, no rewards if you win, skill lag in very big fight, massive blob on many server, small maps.
Do you really want the game to became more stale because now you need 2 Ac to kill eveything that comes to a gate? or you TREB everything to pieces to counter the new patch?

Don’t get me wrong, Siege Wars sound like fun, when you think in your mind about epic siege and stuff like that but in GW2 you just build 2 ac behind a gate and spam 1,2,3 and wait for loot to come is fun a bit after that it becames very stale and not fun.

Ac buff will not break zerg, if there are not total zombie, they will just drop treb everywhere and win/take your stuff with that.

If you want to break a zerg you need to have MUCH MUCH bigger map with like 10 minute of running bewteen stuff so that a large group can’t cover a full borderland by himself.

I hope Anet see this, as a pvp player and a wvw player i would like to fight something where skill is involved where you outskill your opponent not just build more siege to win and have more numbers.

In the end if you like killing a zerg with an AC behind a safe door good for you, i think you will have to rethink that soon, after months of repetitive gameplay and when the game will slowly die bewteen casual player and the next great MMO will come, because that is the only reason that right now GW2 is played is best game for now, other stuff simple suck even more.

TL;DR New patch makes the Meta of WvW more stale and numbers and coverage is now even more important.

[Dawn] Gandara
Guild Leader

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: TyrDaishi.1057

TyrDaishi.1057

I would highly recommand to ignore “FractalChaos” from now on in this discussion since he/she/it is obviously a troll. He is opposing everyone just for the sake of the argument, and he is not doing such a good job doing so.

I besieged the central keep of an offensive bl yesterday, and the the time inbetween the real fights where boring and stupid. AC Killzone on our Treb build-sites, AC Killzone in the Central keep from the enemy. Nothing happened for a long time (even given the fact that the keep had no upgrades). We lost a view more friendlys then usual when we finally captured the keep, but we where only able to do so because the enemy didn’t placed his siege weapons too smart and countered our trebs too late.

If our frenemies would have reacted faster it would have been impossible to capture the keep. There is usually just not enough manpower and supplies to besiege a fortress from more then 2 entrys. And if you split your troops too much it’s way to easy to defeat the smaller groups if you make fast strikes from the keep. It is and will be completly doggy doggy kitten smitten. French chicken turtles are french chicken turtles. And you just gave them the excuse to stay in their towers forever and ever. Because, y’know, the frenchies love to scratch the mold from Tower/Keepwalls and hug the cold dead stones inside. End of story. (This is NOT applying to all french, I like a whole lot o’ em who are insane fighters).

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: zastari.1730

zastari.1730

If you’re playing this game you’re doing it wrong. This is World vs World not PvP. That means that your world needs to be as big as possible and you should be spending time on the forums recruiting for your World instead of doing fun stuff like… you know… killing people.

Tsarazi – 80 Asuran Mesmer [DERP]
Maguuma

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Caliban.3176

Srsly, GC builds? Those died at least 2 months ago. Try to keep up with the meta please. They sufficiently nerfed GC builds when they nerfed certain consumables.

I need toughness and healing in my build to deal with the old arrowcarts.

@Amelia Knox:
Thank you for your input, that is the kind of problem we have been trying to bring across this entire time.

(edited by Caliban.3176)

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: UCF Knight.8095

UCF Knight.8095

I am trying to preserve BT name and FA name as a WvW power.

lawl. As if BT needs someone from Obey to help preserve their name.

They may be the best WvW guild on our server, they don’t need your help.

I’m on the same server as fractal chaos but the people I run with on SOR are very concerned about the change.

Impossible. T1 has all those l33t players. They could triple the damage output from arrow carts and it wouldn’t affect their play at all.

[VK] Stryder Aragon
[VK] Arwen Evenstar
Fort Aspenwood

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Aytrix.4059

Srsly, GC builds? Those died at least 2 months ago. Try to keep up with the meta please. They sufficiently nerfed GC builds when they nerfed certain consumables.

Man but I do love running into GC zergs… they melt so fast they can’t even get their l33t DPS abilities off before they are on their backs.

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Caliban.3176

Man but I do love running into GC zergs… they melt so fast they can’t even get their l33t DPS abilities off before they are on their backs.

Wow, I can’t even remember the last time I saw one of those.

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

zastari.1730

There’s a guild we play against that runs GC zergs without stability. Our goal is always to kill them all before the first static field wears off.

Maguuma

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Lara Croft.5807

Lara Croft.5807

i luv ac’s – i did before and i do now

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Ysuera Kypheni.5632

Ysuera Kypheni.5632

I LOVE the new arrow cart mechanism! We, 15, were attacking a garrison, three enemies sneaked in (being invulnerable and like that) and they make the whole team flee! With just three arrow carts. The sad part is I was in the team who fled…

But no problem really. I really like capturing all the points under the veil of the night and just sitting in my fortress during the day, watching how the fools try to take in the unconquerable while I just use 1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1.

It’s much more convenient than ever before! Thank you for this great improvement.

I don’t want to be obtrusive at all, but could you please give a surprise golem after the capture? Sometimes I got bored with the ACs, and I want to look around outside, too. Not a problem if it’s a lil’bit stronger than usual, you know, there are fearsome things called zergs there.

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Teel.9036

Teel.9036

I LOVE the new arrow cart mechanism! We, 15, were attacking a garrison, three enemies sneaked in (being invulnerable and like that) and they make the whole team flee! With just three arrow carts. The sad part is I was in the team who fled…

But no problem really. I really like capturing all the points under the veil of the night and just sitting in my fortress during the day, watching how the fools try to take in the unconquerable while I just use 1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1.

It’s much more convenient than ever before! Thank you for this great improvement.

I don’t want to be obtrusive at all, but could you please give a surprise golem after the capture? Sometimes I got bored with the ACs, and I want to look around outside, too. Not a problem if it’s a lil’bit stronger than usual, you know, there are fearsome things called zergs there.

Had same thing last night, we had captured an enemy keep in EB, I built myself a superior arrow cart on the wall using the supply in the keep while everyone else ran off. In half an hour I had gotten 25 stacks of kills with my bloodlust sigil from my sup AC due to the 15 people that kept coming back from their spawn to try smash the gate in.

Teelie l VoTF

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Lara Croft.5807

ever heard of trebs or some katas?
pvd is probably no good idea – it never was actually when you face 3 ac’s on top of your head xD

ahhhh maybe you just wanted to be polite and knock at the door with 19 friends for a cup of tea??!! sorry misunderstood you intentions completely

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: loseros.5912

loseros.5912

Nearly 1600 and counting… has people anything new to say? I think everything has been already said… now’s in Anets hands…

Asterilla
Ranger charr 80, Guardian asura 80

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Ysuera Kypheni.5632

ever heard of trebs or some katas?
pvd is probably no good idea – it never was actually when you face 3 ac’s on top of your head xD

ahhhh maybe you just wanted to be polite and knock at the door with 19 friends for a cup of tea??!! sorry misunderstood you intentions completely

I’ve yet to achieve the “Knock” skill, I’ve got just the Stomp. And I’m also afraid that they miserably misunderstood us, peaceful travellers who just want to jump in for a cup-o-tea.

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Terra Dactyl.2047

Terra Dactyl.2047

Obviously we can deal with the aliens by building 4 arrow carts. Their advanced technology will be of little use against that.

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Caliban.3176

Obviously we can deal with the aliens by building 4 arrow carts. Their advanced technology will be of little use against that.

Yes Arrowcarts > advanced technology.

I think even Phunk might agree on this one.

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: yanoch.7051

yanoch.7051

I love the change of arrowcarts, now make catapults able to be usable outside of AC-range again

Buff trebs and catas 80 % now and give them 33% more range like ACs.Yup that willmake things even.

I agree with you but now map will be getting too small. Scale up the map of about 33%. :P

Heiann – NSP

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Caliban.3176

I love the change of arrowcarts, now make catapults able to be usable outside of AC-range again

Buff trebs and catas 80 % now and give them 33% more range like ACs.Yup that willmake things even.

I agree with you but now map will be getting too small. Scale up the map of about 33%. :P

Don’t forget to increase range on all weapons by 33% and make all structures 33% higher as well.

Also buff all armor and damage reduction by 80% as well as all player damage to compensate for that and healing and vitality as well of course.

Now the game is balanced again and no need to nerf Arrowcarts.
Just buff everything else in the game as well.

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Sightblinder.4273

Sightblinder.4273

Now that WvW is broken, due to these “unrealistic” arrowcarts.. Neverwinter is a fail… Looks like ESO is our only hope now! R.I.P. WvW!

The Satz – Elementalist/Warrior/Thief

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: KazualGamer.1294

KazualGamer.1294

Ok, so first of all, TLDR all posts before. I’ll just give my point of view about the update.

First, Arrowcarts. We are actually playing against Kodash and Elona Reach since 9 weeks, we are all tired of this match up, I won’t even talk about the up and down mechanics who need to be reworked in my opinion. Both of this german servers are already praying the great Arrowcart god. Even before the update, we could see like 5 arrow carts behind every gates. It was already tough to play against this. It is also tough to play against players that used Dezoom and offensive carts to destroy all our defs. Few of us ever complained about balancement. With the update, you gave them the right to make the biggest boring fights ever. Trebs + 5 arrow carts, they succeed to take us 20 metters, then more trebs and others arrow carts. Ok, lets have the longest and most kitten fight ever. They spent 3 hours to get garrison, but they don’t care because once they are installed you can’t kick them from here. They know it’s impossible to counter. Is this really the kind of fight that you want ? Do you really want that WvW battles turns into arrow carts fight ? Well it will be funny for 2 weeks for some people, but then you won’t see anyone in WvW anymore. Arrow carts were already pain in the kitten you just made it even stronger than its normal counter. Why balista has a lower range than improved cart ? But destroy your game if you want, you prefer make update to make it more imbalanced, bugged than previous versions.

Bugged ? Yes. I never saw those falling bugs before. I never saw siege weapons disapearing while built. Just explain me. THERE ARE LAGS. WE WANT MORE STABILITY in 50+ vs 50+ fights. WE DONT WANT TO SPAM 1 TO WIN. Before trying to add new features (some are cool, i admit), just be sure to fix others bugs.

[CoN]Circle of Nine – Warrior (Retired)
[iNk] Insidious Blink – Warrior (Retired)
[NB] Net Brutality – Warrior (Apply)

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Ysuera Kypheni.5632

Don’t forget to increase range on all weapons by 33% and make all structures 33% higher as well.

Also buff all armor and damage reduction by 80% as well as all player damage to compensate for that and healing and vitality as well of course.

Arrow carts are under-powered. Imagine a real-life situation: when you’re hit by three arrows, two in the chest, one in the knee, you’ll have little chance to survive.

Now, you got a whole arrow-shower, and you’re still alive. So I recommend to empower those ant-toys. And, if were are already here, I also hate when someone heals up magically in just a second’s time.

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Lara Croft.5807

my AC should have a better range – 3000 would be nice actually
and oh yeah before I forget – increase the target cap please to 250 …. just in case u know – lol I still luv my AC

doh! I forgot to mention following: ANet is it possible in the future to load explosive arrows as additional feature?

(edited by Lara Croft.5807)

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

zastari.1730

Arrow carts are under-powered. Imagine a real-life situation: when you’re hit by three arrows, two in the chest, one in the knee, you’ll have little chance to survive.

Now, you got a whole arrow-shower, and you’re still alive. So I recommend to empower those ant-toys. And, if were are already here, I also hate when someone heals up magically in just a second’s time.

Imagine a real-life situation, some magician starts hurling a bunch of firey meteors down on ya head. You’re bricked in the noggin by one, you’ll have little chance to survive.

Maguuma

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: TyrDaishi.1057

TyrDaishi.1057

Because it’s realistic that a dark ages device can fire several hundred arrows a minute right? SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND: THE GGAC (GATLING GUN ARROW CART). What you need is a gag, not a superawesome GGAC my friend. It’s starting to get tiresome if I try to take guys like you serious. Also Bro: Walking trees. how unrealistic kittenit, I demand all sylvari can’t walk anymore.

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Lara Croft.5807

Because it’s realistic that a dark ages device can fire several hundred arrows a minute right? SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND: THE GGAC (GATLING GUN ARROW CART). What you need is a gag, not a superawesome GGAC my friend. It’s starting to get tiresome if I try to take guys like you serious. Also Bro: Walking trees. how unrealistic kittenit, I demand all sylvari can’t walk anymore.

Sylvari could coincidentially grow behind AC’s … veeeery dangerous xD

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.4527

Chris.4527

Well we’re on day 3! Pretty sad – the game I played for the past 8 months. I can’t even get a reply about my concern.

Good guy ANet!

[One]

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: aldwid.7548

aldwid.7548

I got hit by an AC 2k per tic. Can someone explain why it hit so hard?

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Sightblinder.4273

Sightblinder.4273

I got hit by an AC 2k per tic. Can someone explain why it hit so hard?

It’s their brilliant idea for people to stop playing WvW.

The Satz – Elementalist/Warrior/Thief

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

i cant wait for tonight reset, lets see what kind of new moviments will be there

here are some examples:

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.