BG clearing up a few concern

in WvW

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

Bones.5762

All i can say is mesmer time warp elite no limit=OP AS HELL!!!!!
forget blue prints, because if your in a zerg of 50+ with 10mesmer, gate is paper.

Time warp has a 5-target limit, actually.

in WvW

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

The turtle was made to break the zergs.

Turtles were developed by zergs, actually. They originated in EU realms by guilds designing a tactic to make them immune to zerg-bombing smaller groups. (20 people can kill a group of 40, but not if they Turtle)

in WvW

Posted by: Maharius.4651

Maharius.4651

Wrong Nokaru, so wrong. The turtle was first done in order stop a smaller organised group getting steamrolled by a much bigger group through numbers alone.

40 v 100 the 40 cannot see the 100 due to culling. The 100 would just roll over the 40 with melee due to numbers. The turtle ensures that the 40 stay together, as the 100 break over it they are still alive and the turtle then directs their aoe to wipe out the 100.

100 totally random people is a zerg. 40 people on voice comms, working together is not a zerg.

in WvW

Posted by: Prometeu.7209

Prometeu.7209

I see a lot of people considering that the limit to 5 targets is the problem.

I will tell you that it is the exact opposite: The limit to 5 of DPS is what keeps the uncoordinated forces alive and gives numbers a higher chance to win and lots of work to smaller coordinated groups to actually get things done.

KDS and DEYS would the happiest people in GW2 should A-net decide to remove that cap.

With current limitations killing 70-80 with 30 is simply impossible. Turtle just keeps the 30 alive but it dose not ensure fast kill of the enemy. Removing the 5 limit would simply allow faster and more efficient killing. Been there and done that in WAR. We used to kill 50-60 uncoordinated enemies with a group of 18-20 KDS in mere seconds before they introduced same 5 targets limit. After that things got way tougher and the proportion moved to a need of 30-35 of KDS to kill the 50-60 enemies fast enough.

I will say be happy of the limit and don’t complain about it. It just gives more POWER the uncoordinated forces and to numbers.

Lt. Prometeu
The Crimson Order Co
KDS High Command
DEYS Field Commander

Lt. Prometeu
KDS High Command
Field Commander of DEYS Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: Aaron.4807

Aaron.4807

Oh my. I kind of hope SoR just never reaches tier 1.

Wrekks/Wrekts

in WvW

Posted by: Kyiv.9621

Kyiv.9621

I see a lot of people considering that the limit to 5 targets is the problem.

I will tell you that it is the exact opposite: The limit to 5 of DPS is what keeps the uncoordinated forces alive and gives numbers a higher chance to win and lots of work to smaller coordinated groups to actually get things done.

KDS and DEYS would the happiest people in GW2 should A-net decide to remove that cap.

With current limitations killing 70-80 with 30 is simply impossible. Turtle just keeps the 30 alive but it dose not ensure fast kill of the enemy. Removing the 5 limit would simply allow faster and more efficient killing. Been there and done that in WAR. We used to kill 50-60 uncoordinated enemies with a group of 18-20 KDS in mere seconds before they introduced same 5 targets limit. After that things got way tougher and the proportion moved to a need of 30-35 of KDS to kill the 50-60 enemies fast enough.

I will say be happy of the limit and don’t complain about it. It just gives more POWER the uncoordinated forces and to numbers.

Lt. Prometeu
The Crimson Order Co
KDS High Command
DEYS Field Commander

If you believed that truly, you would not be saying they are complaining and instead be saying they bring up a valid point. So you agree with us that the mechanics are flawed and need to be adjusted. Glad you admit that.

So we are all in agreement that it isn’t complaining it is a valid suggestion. /Thread

in WvW

Posted by: tluv.5821

tluv.5821

The mesmer portals need to be nerfed to only 5 people or party members only.

Then, the whole issue with orb hacking. BG, you are well known for orb hacking. Too well known. This tier one match up will be something good for the whole WvW community. Lots of changes after this week I’m sure.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians
Formerly [QT] Questionable Tactics

in WvW

Posted by: Spryt.8012

Spryt.8012

As far as I can tell only a few guilds of around 50 people of so are using this tactic to the point of “invincibility” . That’s a very small portion of all of BG. How can this be such a big problem so that’s the only thing to discuss? Is there nothing else going on in any borderzone in any other timezone other then the one the turtle is in? And I don’t count hacking.

There are plenty of ways to counter a turtle. But just randomly zerging it over and over is not one of them.

in WvW

tluv.5821

I only play on EB. Our commanders on EB and I decided to roll on some of the Borderlands for few hours last night. That was fun, but then back to EB.

The problem is, and this is the biggest problem, You guys tried stacking the server. How long are you queues? All day yesterday and throughout the night, we had outmanned buff. Probably same with JQ. All day and night. It was like that for Saturday too. All of the HoD main guilds jumped ship and went to BG. That is a known fact. LoD was a guild with SBI, they jumped to HoD. They are actually LoTD on your server now, but the same guild. So BG is this big server now, that has all this major guilds that are just going to explode like with JQ. Everyone left by the end of the week due to long queues. Where will you all go? Who knows, an frankly I don’t care as long as you stay out of SBI.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in WvW

Posted by: tufy.7859

tufy.7859

You would have a point except all those armies faced a strict reality.

Strict reality being that some lands have better technology, more population, favorable weather conditions, natural resources, strategic position and more? A good strategist takes those into account. For instance, let’s say you have a team of 50 facing a team of 300. Going head-on against them is a suicide that hasn’t been done since stone age. Instead, you will use your 50 in such a way that they will achieve local superiority against the team of 300. It’s called asymmetric warfare in military terminology.

That’s how reality works. Some games, such as EvE come remarkably close to this reality and the players most adept at exploiting their advantages build their empires on them. In EvE terms, that’s fair, even though it gives one side an advantage from the get-go. In GW2, we have a more traditional WvW, with sides fairly balanced and with same tools at disposal. The only thing a strategist here has to take into account is how many people he has at disposal at the given time and what type of opposition he will face.

this is a game-breaking level “tactic”, and with escalation would be the equivalent analogy of all countries arming up-to nuke level warfare and forget all other forms of warfare.

That’s what United States believed when World War 2 was over and pretty much every plan until mid 80s included use of tactical nukes as a response to soviet conventional assault. The following years and decades proved that a nuclear weapon is not almighty and that it cannot provide a viable response to proxy conflicts, guerilla warfare and terrorism.

It’s the same with portal bombs – it has counters, but you have to figure them out yourself. If you don’t, if someone tells you how to do it, then DEYS will adapt and you’ll be behind again, not knowing how to act, cheated out of experience that you should have had on your own. What’s that old saying again? Give a man a fish and he’ll ask for another tomorrow. Teach a man to fish and you’ll feed him for a lifetime.

One other thing I see posted about is accusations of orb hacking. I honestly didn’t see one myself yet (I’m leaving the option open that it might exist in which case perpetrators should be punished with immediate and permanent ban), but if I’m right and I know who did it, then I also know how they did it – in which case it’s all well within game mechanics, though not necessarily balanced.

Caitlyn Leafbound
Radiant Knights
Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Veeshan.8451

Veeshan.8451

I only play on EB. Our commanders on EB and I decided to roll on some of the Borderlands for few hours last night. That was fun, but then back to EB.

The problem is, and this is the biggest problem, You guys tried stacking the server. How long are you queues? All day yesterday and throughout the night, we had outmanned buff. Probably same with JQ. All day and night. It was like that for Saturday too. All of the HoD main guilds jumped ship and went to BG. That is a known fact. LoD was a guild with SBI, they jumped to HoD. They are actually LoTD on your server now, but the same guild. So BG is this big server now, that has all this major guilds that are just going to explode like with JQ. Everyone left by the end of the week due to long queues. Where will you all go? Who knows, an frankly I don’t care as long as you stay out of SBI.

LoTD changed from SBI to BG cause the queue were to long on SBI however after last week battle were we had 650,000 point to 19,000, 17,000 we had a billion more people jump ship from those servers so now we have huge queue during peak hours (alose this was the first decent match we had for two weeks where we didnt obliterate the other side which would also contribute to queue however, SBI and JQ seem to be giving up and its going to be a third week or no challenge : ( and seems like it gonna be that way for some time since were in tier 1 now and the other two side would appear to be giving up.

in WvW

Posted by: Arani.9057

Arani.9057

This is not a small group of people “breaking a larger zerg” —-——

This is 30/40+ people not moving a step and not being able to be damage, not just the zerg undamaged no player damage ticking at all. Watching single target damage not tick because there’s no limit to buffs.

I was called in twice yesterday to help out an out-mann buffed JQBL as a Mesmer and saw what they are talking about in full monty for the first time. This was not someone moving forces past a choke, or to infiltrate an unguarded keep… it was a zerg standing immobile porting back and forth between siege equipment, corpses to rezz, NPCs etc, taking advantage of the shouts and stability buff to make them invulnerable. There is no risk of death and all reward, and hence the game-break.

The second time I was called in they didn’t even bother to get off the portal pad, no melee whatsoever, they didn’t have to because they couldn’t be damaged. Giant gaping holes in the wall, gates down by a smaller force but once get to any confined space they just don’t move from their cluster and can’t be damage by anything that has an AoE limit.

This isn’t a point defense. They used this and only this at supply camps, keep defense, the ridiculous hour and a half barely failed siege on garrison then the successful one right after reset, same tactic.

I’m not saying “these guys suck”, just this is going to get everything ranged/portal/buffs nerfed and should not be called some leet tactic as its. This crew used absolutely nothing else except this tactic as I saw.

Like I said earlier there are ways to break it and we did but they are so unreasonably stacked in the wrong way of risk vs reward it makes it game-breaking potential.

portal limits —-————-

reducing portal to group only breaks the mesmer… we would spend 90% of our lives grouping and disbanding for supply runs to do same thing but Mesmers would quit playing if reduced to this. Its like in other games where you are a buff bot and 90% of your job is to buff via group and regroup to cast a 10 or 30 min buff on someone .. eq1 was like this heavily.

I’m not saying there shouldn’t be limits but “group only” is too limiting. I can see the argument for a condition applied once portal has been used by a player that they cannot portal again for x amount of time. But balancing Buffs/AoE limits seems more appropriate to what I saw.

Aradea [AoS] /\/\ESS/\/\ERR of Jade Quarry (GG SBI)
I’ll show you exactly what a Mesmer can do, SS cost extra.

in WvW

tluv.5821

LoTD changed from SBI to BG cause the queue were to long on SBI however after last week battle were we had 650,000 point to 19,000, 17,000 we had a billion more people jump ship from those servers so now we have huge queue during peak hours (alose this was the first decent match we had for two weeks where we didnt obliterate the other side which would also contribute to queue however, SBI and JQ seem to be giving up and its going to be a third week or no challenge : ( and seems like it gonna be that way for some time since were in tier 1 now and the other two side would appear to be giving up.

I never had long queues last week. The most I waited for was 15-20 minutes TOPS.

And last week was a VERY close match. LoTD left for queue times, well you joined a server in which EVERYONE was bandwagoning too. That was your fault. You won’t be welcomed back in SBI, just so you know. Most of the WvW kills you guys on site. As soon as they see an LoTD tag, they target it. Forget about DIE. They want LoTD

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in WvW

Arani.9057

I haven’t queued longer than 15 mins in weeks, got a 30 min queue on Saturday.

in WvW

Posted by: Aaron.4807

Aaron.4807

Arani.9057 … Seriously, that reply read like “I am a Mesmer and don’t nerf me exploit holes!” God forbid mesmers should have to * gasp * do actual combat!

Wrekks/Wrekts

in WvW

Posted by: Xeeron.9254

Xeeron.9254

Steadfast.5827:

I just finally made the connection that the spartans were the first RL exploiters. History naturally refers to them as brilliant tacticians who brutalized and nearly conquered their entire known world.

Got all your history knowledge from 300? Reality check here: The entire known world was much bigger than what the Spartans conquered.

The analogy is as botched as the mechanics you abuse ingame.

- Xeeron

Xeeron – Strike Force

in WvW

Posted by: Osskil.1029

Osskil.1029

The Spartans lost the Battle of Thermopylae. Exploits only work for so long!

As a side note – I don’t envy anyone in this thread. I am sure the quality of PVP is much better up there in Tier 1, but those queue times man..

Lord Osskilian – Mesmer
Sanctum of Rall – [Choo]

in WvW

tluv.5821

Some of the battles are intense. The beginning of last week was flat out awesome. I hate to say it, but the battle between IOJ, JQ, and SBI was the BEST PvP I’ve ever done.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in WvW

Posted by: mangarrage.1062

mangarrage.1062

As Dennis Green would say “They are who we thought they were”

in WvW

Posted by: sazaw.1347

sazaw.1347

@tluv.5821
I totally agree. Last week was the most fun out of all WvWvW weeks. Intense 3-ways ground battles made me laugh out loud.

Wrath T – Asura Necro | Don Hohenheim – Norn Guard | Bellcroxx – Human Mesmer
[DKJ] – Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: lady lisz.7849

lady lisz.7849

ye last week, it didnt matter who won whether JQ/IoJ or SbI because everyone knows it was fun, legit, honorable and acceptable… can’t say the same for this week :/

Truth and Knowledge are two different things
-Scholar Krasso-

in WvW

Posted by: kidbs.8920

kidbs.8920

@Raven

Newsflash buddy, a huge portion of SBI has already quit playing for the week in protest. You’re winning b/c you have hardly any resistance. Notice how on Friday and early Saturday morning SBI managed to take the lead in spite of constant double-teaming from BG and JQ. We only dropped behind after the hacking BS started and people said F-it and quit.

Even with your amazing “strategy” we were managing to handle you guys just fine. Add in the hacking though and people just get tired of dealing with the crap. BG has some good people (most of whom were there before the bandwagon), but it also has a lot of losers as evident in the countless threads about them over the past few weeks.

You guys really had a chance to prove something in tier 1 this week, unfortunately you’ve only proven that a lot of you have no honor and aren’t worth the effort to play against.

SoR – Nethernoz (Necro), Zealot of Pain (Guardian), William The Butcher (Ranger)

in WvW

Arani.9057

Arani.9057 … Seriously, that reply read like “I am a Mesmer and don’t nerf me exploit holes!” God forbid mesmers should have to * gasp * do actual combat!

That’s not what I said at all, not even close. I said group only is too restrictive for a specific reason then gave feedback for another option in repose to a previous posters idea of restricting to group only.

These kind of replies begin the trail to lockout, it’s only reason is to rile people up who only read this blurb and not the entire thread and then derailing.

This thread is for a specific crews tactics that have been controversial and their desire to plead to the community to see their side of it, which IMO they have a right to do, weather I agree with the tactic or not.

in WvW

Osskil.1029

I am not on any of these servers, but it sure does seem like a lot of excuses pop up in every single Wv3 thread when the server that everyone expects to lose starts dominating. “Transfers, hacks, exploits, mesmer bombs, Halloween,” – why not just pony up and fight back?

Every single server is guilty of having a few morons that will hack and ruin part of the match, but good commanders will respect the game and communicate to allow the others to have the hacked orb back.

PVE is not a good thing to blame. If you want to be in the top tiers, you need to make sure you are furnishing with Wv3 players at all times. All 3 of these servers are full, so you can’t really blame lack of numbers. A point deficit can be erased – but completely giving up is a bit silly.

Lord Osskilian – Mesmer
Sanctum of Rall – [Choo]

in WvW

kidbs.8920

I am not on any of these servers, but it sure does seem like a lot of excuses pop up in every single Wv3 thread when the server that everyone expects to lose starts dominating. “Transfers, hacks, exploits, mesmer bombs, Halloween,” – why not just pony up and fight back?

Every single server is guilty of having a few morons that will hack and ruin part of the match, but good commanders will respect the game and communicate to allow the others to have the hacked orb back.

PVE is not a good thing to blame. If you want to be in the top tiers, you need to make sure you are furnishing with Wv3 players at all times. All 3 of these servers are full, so you can’t really blame lack of numbers. A point deficit can be erased – but completely giving up is a bit silly.

It’s easy to say this as someone looking from the outside who doesn’t see the big picture. BG has hacked more in the past few nights than any other server that we have faced over the previous weeks combined. It’s hard to keep people motivated to play against that garbage. It ruins the spirit of the game and the fun when people resort to cheating. People get fed up and quit.

SoR – Nethernoz (Necro), Zealot of Pain (Guardian), William The Butcher (Ranger)

in WvW

Posted by: waeren.9743

waeren.9743

It’s easy to say this as someone looking from the outside who doesn’t see the big picture. BG has hacked more in the past few nights than any other server that we have faced over the previous weeks combined. It’s hard to keep people motivated to play against that garbage. It ruins the spirit of the game and the fun when people resort to cheating. People get fed up and quit.

So I need to start generalizing SBI based on your posts as well? I can honestly understand your frustration but your posts are getting ridiculous.

in WvW

Osskil.1029

I’m not saying it sin’t happening – not at all. I am telling you this as someone who came from Gate of Madness – and we all know GoM’s unfortunate reputation. Despite all the orb hacking, they still found ways to lose. So what I am saying is don’t give up, because they can still screw it up. Do your best to report the idiots that you catch doing it, hope that the enemy commanders have a little respect for the game and do your best to post a comeback.

If you lose, you’re only making BG feel better about themselves, and justifying the actions of the idiots that DO support exploitation. Nothing is more demoralizing though than going out of the way to hack some orbs and still losing.

Lord Osskilian – Mesmer
Sanctum of Rall – [Choo]

in WvW

Posted by: Vorpal.4683

Vorpal.4683

BG was by far the least classy opponent we ever faced.

However, I wouldn’t call this exploiting, as it’s clearly the way the code is supposed to work. It’s just mind bogglingly terrible design.

AOE’s exist to punish people for clumping up like noobs instead of learning to spread out properly.

However, unlike every other realm v realm game, GW2 has implemented a system where the best way to avoid aoe is by… clumping up!

The mesmer portal bombs and culling issues are just technical limitations icing on the cake of bad game design.

in WvW

kidbs.8920

So I need to start generalizing SBI based on your posts as well? I can honestly understand your frustration but your posts are getting ridiculous.

Look, I am not generalizing when I am simply stating the facts of how many times we have been hacked in the past few days by BG. Of course not every player on BG is hacking and I never said they were. But the facts are the facts.

in WvW

Posted by: waeren.9743

waeren.9743

Look, I am not generalizing when I am simply stating the facts of how many times we have been hacked in the past few days by BG. Of course not every player on BG is hacking and I never said they were. But the facts are the facts.

By someone on BG yes. By BG no. What do you want us to do about it? If you have any suggestions then please let me know. Personally I’d love a week where this wouldn’t happen and we could get past this bs.

Just getting a bit tired of these pointless reposts and having threads closed all the time because of it.

in WvW

Arani.9057

BG was by far the least classy opponent we ever faced.

However, I wouldn’t call this exploiting, as it’s clearly the way the code is supposed to work. It’s just mind bogglingly terrible design.

AOE’s exist to punish people for clumping up like noobs instead of learning to spread out properly.

However, unlike every other realm v realm game, GW2 has implemented a system where the best way to avoid aoe is by… clumping up!

The mesmer portal bombs and culling issues are just technical limitations icing on the cake of bad game design.

The cometary about “BG” aside this is the most accurate summation of this problem, and I love this game and am a Mesmer and agree with this. It’s not the classes, not the “servers” but groups of people taking advantage of unintended side effects of mechanics that are in place to protect but unfortunately have issues.

Just because it’s not technically a cheat, it is taking advantage of what has already been stated by Anet as unintentional game play and not defensible as some new “leet tactic” that we just can’t counter. It is simply dropping an a bomb on people leaving them little choices left except to begin doing the same and therefore ruining it for everyone.

I never portal people with the intent to cause lag, take advantage of culling, or make my friends immune to all damage. To me these are exploiting as I know the game did not intend for that. I’ve never been asked to do so either as I have never worked with a commander who would imo.

Just because you CAN jump into a castle from a cliff doesn’t make it less than cheating when u know you were not supposed to be able to, for analogy.

in WvW

Posted by: Xsesshoumaru.7915

Xsesshoumaru.7915

If you want to quit wvw in protest and lose the match so be it, but i want an honest answer from you.
what do you expect us to do on BG other then report the person that hacked
Noone on our server support these actions and would love for them to stop.
but until they do man up and fight thats all we can do atm.
Quitting only hurts your server and your teammates and does nothing to solve the issue.
anyway gl to all 3 servers in this match still a close one atm and WM is living up to its name and reputation

Kitiara
Server-Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Horndrid.5794

Horndrid.5794

Why dont you people attempting to paint an entire server with the same brush get a brain. Myself and my friends and guild have never hacked or exploited a thing. SO kitten and go back to your holes. Alot of nice folks on BG and saying a entire server is trash because of a few losers makes you a bigger loser

in WvW

Arani.9057

@ horndrid :

Not everyone feels it’s an entire servers fault when a few or a group ruin it for hte rest, and I’m sorry for the rest of BG who are taking heat form these things… you don’t deserve it imo, but maybe that’s why they made xfers so people will pick servers like guilds. When server gets a bad rep the good players can still go to one that fits them. And very sorry for those who call this home and are stuck with the drama

sincere sympathy for those who don’t deserve a bad light shined on them.

(edited by Arani.9057)

in WvW

Posted by: Horndrid.5794

Horndrid.5794

@ Arani
I know not all of you feel that way. My guild, friends and I wont be leaving BG anytime soon, even with a bad reputation. That would only empower the cheaters and give legitimacy to the idea that everyone on BG cheats. Besides I dont give a crap what the people who blame everyone on BG have to say i just want them to kitten and go back to the holes they came from thats all. There are plenty of cheating trash on BG and I know there is lots of the same on your server. I love reporting the cheating trash we got on BG and take great pleasure in knowing i might have had something to do with them losing there accounts and perhaps blowing out a sphincter muscle in the process, Not all of us are cheats,
PS I also message the cheater and tell them ive reported them, its a pleasure thing for me, I get alot of it knowing i might have made there day a little more miserable

(edited by Horndrid.5794)

in WvW

Posted by: Dominae.3146

Dominae.3146

Why dont you people attempting to paint an entire server with the same brush get a brain. Myself and my friends and guild have never hacked or exploited a thing. SO kitten and go back to your holes. Alot of nice folks on BG and saying a entire server is trash because of a few losers makes you a bigger loser

It sucks, when a whole server gets labeled like this because of a few people.

The reality is:
– it is usually only a few people (who we all hate, and report regularly & only ANet can banish);
– free transfers enable hackers & exploiters to go wherever they feel like, and they can easily screw up matches all over the place and make servers look bad easily for the lulz;
– the bigger a server population, the more common hackers & exploiters will be (per capita);

… and the big one, IMHO …

- with the way WvWvW is designed (orb buffs, zerg tactics, etc) one hacker or exploiter can severely throw the balance of matches rather badly.

One kittenhead can flyhack 3 orbs and suddenly the balance of power shifts as the orb buffs ramp up one server vs the other. (IMHO Orb buffs are screwy and need fixing.)

Once people see the orbs stolen in this way, they often bail (“screw this, I’m not playing with these kittens”) .. and THAT moves the balance of power in the hackserver’s favor.

People (zergs mostly) don’t always realize the silly exploits happened. If 30 people are beating on a keep door (melee, no rams, because they’re not very bright) and someone runs up and drops a portal and says “quick, we got a portal inside!” … will they go through? Will any of them ask “gee, how did you get it inside?” No, they zerg in, take the objective and dance around thinking they’re hot-kitten.

WvW is a snowballing points game … and 1 hack or exploit at the right time can be the focus that starts that snowball.

in WvW

Veeshan.8451

^ and so can the hacker unfortunately and screw up someone else s servers, As a player from BG from release if i ever find somone hacking they are reported instantly cause hacking in a game is unacceptable imo. As for turtling there are ways to counter it and it needs server teamwork im not gonna tell you what skills to use because coming from Everquest as my first game i dont beleive anything should be given to you without any effort in a mmorpg.

in WvW

kidbs.8920

^ and so can the hacker unfortunately and screw up someone else s servers, As a player from BG from release if i ever find somone hacking they are reported instantly cause hacking in a game is unacceptable imo. As for turtling there are ways to counter it and it needs server teamwork im not gonna tell you what skills to use because coming from Everquest as my first game i dont beleive anything should be given to you without any effort in a mmorpg.

Turtling is another issue (which I’ve started another thread about). There is no way that A-Net intended a simple group formation to completely render AoEs useless. I know we’re playing a fantasy game and all but let’s try to keep at least some realism here. You don’t see soldiers in a war all stacking up to prevent grenade or rocket damage.

in WvW

Veeshan.8451

Turtling is another issue (which I’ve started another thread about). There is no way that A-Net intended a simple group formation to completely render AoEs useless. I know we’re playing a fantasy game and all but let’s try to keep at least some realism here. You don’t see soldiers in a war all stacking up to prevent grenade or rocket damage.

There a reason that the aoe cap is there on ranged aoes, 20 elementalist would completly stop any size force pushing through a gap, say stairs upto a keep lord, through to SM castle keeplord room, through a broken gate or wall would all be imposible if you had 20 elementalist chaining aoes on the one spot. That is the reason it is there to begin with. As for turtling its a valid stratergy to the current game until they change it i welcome any intresting stratergy aslong as it in the parimeters of the game. Also as for soldiers dont stack up to prevent explosives dmg they do thats what concrete bunkers are, a refuge spot where they can advoid explosive fire and they put some big guns in there so they can fight back, kinda the same as in GW2 Its a stationary method that reduces the amount of aoe dmg, every bunker has its vunerable spot as so does a turtle in GW2 and again cause its in my nature not to give things away ill leave out where the vunerability are but ill tell you this with a bit of organisation even the stronger bunker can crumble.

in WvW

Arani.9057

but because this has been pushed so much to the point of using no other tactic by this group, it pushes the need to drop the AoE restrictions even if its a bad idea or restrict buffs to the same standards AoE even… it’s not about the legality its about what its going to do to the game and the name attached to all undesired game changes because of its overuse will be attached to the infamous group who pushed it so hard.

and I run solo through arrow carts and AoE gaps like a champ so this AoE restriction is bad idea to lift is lost on me.

in WvW

kidbs.8920

There a reason that the aoe cap is there on ranged aoes, 20 elementalist would completly stop any size force pushing through a gap, say stairs upto a keep lord, through to SM castle keeplord room, through a broken gate or wall would all be imposible if you had 20 elementalist chaining aoes on the one spot. That is the reason it is there to begin with. As for turtling its a valid stratergy to the current game until they change it i welcome any intresting stratergy aslong as it in the parimeters of the game. Also as for soldiers dont stack up to prevent explosives dmg they do thats what concrete bunkers are, a refuge spot where they can advoid explosive fire and they put some big guns in there so they can fight back, kinda the same as in GW2 Its a stationary method that reduces the amount of aoe dmg, every bunker has its vunerable spot as so does a turtle in GW2 and again cause its in my nature not to give things away ill leave out where the vunerability are but ill tell you this with a bit of organisation even the stronger bunker can crumble.

You can’t equate a concrete bunker to a group of people stacked on top of each other. That’s what hiding in towers is for. Also there is already a limitation placed on AoEs (5 target limit) as well as distinctive markers placed on the ground so that you know to avoid them. How do you think all of the non-turtlers have been combating AoE up til now?

Again, there is no way that the current turtling strategy was ever intended by A-Net. It removes pretty much all need to worry about damage and AoE in particular which leads to lazy play. Those of you who are relying on this mechanic are going to be in for a rude awakening whenever they do finally address it.

in WvW

Veeshan.8451

but because this has been pushed so much to the point of using no other tactic by this group, it pushes the need to drop the AoE restrictions even if its a bad idea or restrict buffs to the same standards AoE even… it’s not about the legality its about what its going to do to the game and the name attached to all undesired game changes because of its overuse will be attached to the infamous group who pushed it so hard.

and I run solo through arrow carts and AoE gaps like a champ so this AoE restriction is bad idea to lift is lost on me.

Cant run through a choke point aoe by dodging, Here a hint for you guys since your dont wanan think of a stratergy urself to counter it, Some aoes can hit more than 5 targets and there not ranged. if you cant figure something out with that then im lost for words. How battle tactics work one team think of a stratergy that give them an advantage, it then gets use till the other side figures out a counter, then the first side need to counter that. If you guys dont wanna think of a counter then its your loss. Ive though of a couple that could work cant confirm how effective they would be since BGs the only one doing the turtling but i still think of stratergy incase the other servers try and copy.

in WvW

Veeshan.8451

You can’t equate a concrete bunker to a group of people stacked on top of each other. That’s what hiding in towers is for. Also there is already a limitation placed on AoEs (5 target limit) as well as distinctive markers placed on the ground so that you know to avoid them. How do you think all of the non-turtlers have been combating AoE up til now?

Again, there is no way that the current turtling strategy was ever intended by A-Net. It removes pretty much all need to worry about damage and AoE in particular which leads to lazy play. Those of you who are relying on this mechanic are going to be in for a rude awakening whenever they do finally address it.

Atleast BG has shown they can use there head unlike the other two servers who are currently on this forum whinging and gave up. There a book called the art of war maybe you should read it.

in WvW

Vorpal.4683

DAOC worked just fine without target caps on AOE. You’d just need to reduce the damage and radius of AOE damage spells in GW2 to compensate. In DAOC aoe spells did about 1/3 the damage of a single target spells, so you’d only use them if they would hit 3 or more enemies (and the radius was much smaller).

Here aoe is typically just as damaging as single target, all the extra targets it hits are a bonus.

in WvW

Posted by: Maniac.5163

Maniac.5163

Haven’t you guys ever heard of siege weapons? You guys know what a superior ballista, or even just a couple arrow carts can DO to a stack of players like that?

in WvW

Vorpal.4683

Sadly such stacks are highly mobile through the use of mesmer portals. They’d have to be chumps not to just portal over to the siege and destroy it :p

in WvW

Posted by: earendil.1290

earendil.1290

If you want to quit wvw in protest and lose the match so be it, but i want an honest answer from you.
Quitting only hurts your server and your teammates and does nothing to solve the issue.
anyway gl to all 3 servers in this match still a close one atm and WM is living up to its name and reputation

If an orb popped out of nowhere in one of our keeps, our commanders would probably try to contact you to organize a way to return it. Happened weeks ago when one orb hacker from SBI was reported by at least 10 people and was never seen again on the server.

Hacking happens and can be the action of a lone individual. Holding and defending an orb that you know was hacked is a different story.

Lets reach a gentlemen’s agreement on that – whenever an orb gets hacked (or we think so) one of our leaders can contact you with the issue, and then, should there be enough proof, you will organize the orb return. We will do the same, and I’m sure JQ will agree to that.

We want to fight, and you make good opponents on the field. Lets try and keep it that way.

in WvW

Veeshan.8451

Aye balista are one stratergy but you need to be wary of positioning, Also 10 balista in the area all manned will one shot the entire group if shot at once before they can get close enough or as they come through the mesmer portal.

in WvW

Arani.9057

I run through an AoE choke point every breach Only the Batista to the face slows me down, not the AoE. You sure can get through it.

We know counters its not about the counter it’s about the RvR of the countering vs the TurtlePort RvR. This thread is a GROUP of BG members trying to defend using a known flaw in the AoE mechanics then pairing it with Portal Mobility, as a primary and in some cases an only tactic as some new leet strategy.

It’s not leet it’s not ingenious, it’s doing “whatever-it-takes” to win even when it hurts the server or causes Anet to lift AoE caps, remove portals, limit the number of players on a map whatever it takes to fix these mechanic flaws being abused by a small group. If everyone can do it, and are not, why do you think that is. When you take such grievous advantage of mechanic flaws the game counters it with giant Nerf bats all around, no one except maybe necros will enjoy IMO, or ELE lol because they can finally AoE properly /wink.

in WvW

Veeshan.8451

If an orb popped out of nowhere in one of our keeps, our commanders would probably try to contact you to organize a way to return it. Happened weeks ago when one orb hacker from SBI was reported by at least 10 people and was never seen again on the server.

Hacking happens and can be the action of a lone individual. Holding and defending an orb that you know was hacked is a different story.

Lets reach a gentlemen’s agreement on that – whenever an orb gets hacked (or we think so) one of our leaders can contact you with the issue, and then, should there be enough proof, you will organize the orb return. We will do the same, and I’m sure JQ will agree to that.

We want to fight, and you make good opponents on the field. Lets try and keep it that way.

If it was a guild vs a guild this could work however it may be harder when its a full server for starters alot of people just run round not reading chat following cross swords, two we cant garantee after you take out walls to get the orb you wont turn around and take the keep while your at it, 3 the team that is returning the orb will need to spend quite often precious supply to repair the gate afterwards. Now if there was an easy way to return the orb after it been hacked it would be great but i cant see this working out with how thing are now since alot of the pugs will either defend the keep with the orb or attack the keep lord thinking your attacking the keep to try and take it. If they had a surrender the orb button to a certain team that commander or server majority vote it could posibly work if they knew the orb was hacked. But alot of the time your not paying attention to orb location when fighting.