Battle of the Titans - BT, Desolation, VS

in WvW

Posted by: Impala.4952

Impala.4952

The 2 best international servers and the best French server. This should be a interesting one with each server coming in with different strengths and weaknesses. All servers will be coming in a little stronger. This should be an epic battle. See you all in less than 10 hrs on the battlefield. Good luck to all.

in WvW

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

Stayed up all night last night to write an exam (deadline earlier today) and catsitting tomorrow…. Hope i’ll be awake and present for the first battles!

in WvW

Posted by: TheBob.9863

TheBob.9863

Excited to see how BT will perform in tier1

(edited by TheBob.9863)

in WvW

Posted by: vulneraria.4865

vulneraria.4865

I bet 1 copper on BT. morning>night>primetime.
all depends on how fast xaoc can take and upgrade ruin empty keep.

sUk Clan

in WvW

vulneraria.4865

At least the “morning cappers” of blacktide are russians and its actually morning in their timezone. So they deserve to be there. Same for Vizunah. Desolation are only there because of your guild op avoiding competive pvp and preferring to fight against european gates . Desolation is far away from being one of the “best” servers.
Good luck to Blacktide and Vizunah

russia have like 9 time zones, in siberia is not morning when in EU the sun rise.
Xaoc is like ruin, at least Xaoc don’t have dedicated server so is natural for them play on EU servers.

sUk Clan

in WvW

Posted by: Scryar.2954

Scryar.2954

At least the “morning cappers” of blacktide are russians and its actually morning in their timezone. So they deserve to be there. Same for Vizunah. Desolation are only there because of your guild op avoiding competive pvp and preferring to fight against european gates . Desolation is far away from being one of the “best” servers.
Good luck to Blacktide and Vizunah

russia have like 9 time zones, in siberia is not morning when in EU the sun rise.
Xaoc is like ruin, at least Xaoc don’t have dedicated server so is natural for them play on EU servers.

Yeah but most of the russians are about +4 hours ahead of cet. When we were playing against Blacktide, Xaoc started to get active at 4.00 am cet, what is morning for the most of their players. And russians were always supposed to play on european servers, because the majority of the russian people are part of europe and they dont have their own servers. The Americans have 24 own servers, but one guild still decided to take the easy way and compete with some npcs on europeans servers. Thats why i have zero respect for Desolation. But i’m sure Blacktide will win this. With the russian far shiverpeaks guilds and RG + their morning/daycapping crews they are a much stronger server. And they will win this with european players.

WvsW smallscale & tpvp
Champion- Magus, Shadow, Illusionist, Hunter

(edited by Scryar.2954)

in WvW

vulneraria.4865

yes i suppose xaoc are mostly CET +4 but few siberian are enough for take all the empty map, i don’t think all xaoc players wake up in the morning for cap the map.

btw, i think too that BT will win, i have betted 1 copper on them

sUk Clan

in WvW

Posted by: Ianervan.3415

Ianervan.3415

Looking forward to this and testing the real strength of Desolation.

High tide.

Unemployed people should not receive any social benefits if they are already working in an MMO.

in WvW

Posted by: Parthenos Polias.5683

Parthenos Polias.5683

1st Blacktide
2nd Vizunah Square
3rd Desolation

This will be the final score.

Because Russian guilds from Blacktide will fully prevent Desolation to stack income during 4am-8am cet.
Moreover, as the week which ends showed it to us, Desolation is weaker than Vizunah (and probably Blacktide) during EU primetime.
Without the easy income during night, Desolation may not be able to keep the 1st place.

in WvW

Posted by: Impala.4952

Impala.4952

I found this BT promo video for the match:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kW6wV31K2FE

This picture was posted by Luna.9640 in another thread:

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Syndic.4762

Syndic.4762

As a leader of one of Blacktide guilds, I would be happy with 2nd place. Week is long, much can change in 1 day. I’m sure Desolation & Vizunah are in T1 for a reason, we will just have to see whose reason is stronger.

[CIR]
Blacktide

in WvW

Posted by: Jaghen.8314

Jaghen.8314

I was about to ask people to stop complaining and enjoy the next match up… but those RUIN :o

I mean I enjoy a good troll like the next guy, but posting it on their forum instead of this one, or a French one, only underlines that they do believe in it, and are proud of it.

Hadn’t heard of this 2 on 1 in a while, must be even more efficient at night

in WvW

Posted by: Nohonor.5382

Nohonor.5382

yes i suppose xaoc are mostly CET +4 but few siberian are enough for take all the empty map, i don’t think all xaoc players wake up in the morning for cap the map.

btw, i think too that BT will win, i have betted 1 copper on them

Don’t spend that copper in one place… :P

I haven’t looked forward with excitement at a rematch with any server (most have been dissapoint) except Blacktide. Definitely a server worthy of T1 imo.

Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

in WvW

Posted by: Ash.3641

Ash.3641

Good job theres not two frenchies, they tend to team up!

in WvW

Posted by: Yaro.3251

Yaro.3251

EDIT

Whoa… This is definitely out of line if you ask me.

EDIT by Moderator:
Quoted deleted post.

Team Aggression [TA] – Golden Horde [GH]

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Posted by: Excession.2198

Excession.2198

Facing Blacktide again should be good fun, and will hopefully provide the same tough fights that we had last time.

As for whats on the Ruin website, lighten up, learn to take a joke.
@jaghen.8314 : As for not posting it here, the same picture was posted on this forum, in another thread, a few days ago, and it was removed, but go ahead, think what you like ;P

Political Correctness is Tyranny with manners

in WvW

Posted by: Modeus.7924

Modeus.7924

really looking forward to the fight against BT. They never give up and keep fighting.

—Modeus—
—Modea Farstrider—
[RUIN]

in WvW

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

I am eagerly anticipating to do battle against Blacktide; in my humble opinion they are a worthy opponent

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

in WvW

Yaro.3251

You NA guys at RUIN should realize some thigs should better be untouched. If there’s any significant EU presence at RUIN, I hope you talk some sence to your NA fellows for this post on RUIN site to be taken down…

Let’s keep it clear of politics, history baggage and positive, please.

As for whats on the Ruin website, lighten up, learn to take a joke.

Bad joke, bad. Not yours!

The “lighten up, learn to take a joke” is fitting for my words above, but not for news piece on RUIN site, believe me.

(edited by Yaro.3251)

in WvW

Yaro.3251

Too bad but oh well. It seems that it was something conceptually wrong with RUIN leadership motivation if it lost it when real competition just arrived and is at the door ringing.

P.S. kitten Am I seeing things or there was a post I was answering to that is not there anymore?..

(edited by Yaro.3251)

in WvW

Posted by: silvos.3092

silvos.3092

P.S. kitten Am I seeing things or there was a post I was answering to that is not there anymore?..

You are not seeing things it “vanished” without explanations…just looks like anet made a choice…no big deal

Vizunah Square
[HM]
[UV]

in WvW

Posted by: KinkyWarrior.1879

KinkyWarrior.1879

As a person who fought both Desolation and Blacktide many times back in the 24 hour match ups and Blacktide on the first week I can see that it will be a hell of a match up

Backing Blacktide all the way! Good luck to not just Xaoc, but the ENTIRE blacktide WvW community

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]

in WvW

Posted by: Ins.7139

Ins.7139

They beat us last time now it’s time for round 2

Let’s keep the thread clean like last time, was good to have civil banter and show credit where credit was due. It should be a very interesting week with more to come after.

GL and HF guys.

[PT] Ins For Da Waaagh
www.twitch.tv/ins_for_da_wagh
PuG Commander, blobbing it up since 2012!

in WvW

Posted by: Zepolak.2095

Zepolak.2095

Good luck & have fun !

I am actually looking forward to see the Disorder League in action again. These were some nice fights in the time and I was longing to see FS come back again in T1.

It’s going to be an interesting week, at the least.

GM @ Insert Coinz [CPC] @ Grand Cross @ Vizunah Square.

in WvW

Posted by: Akuma.7098

Akuma.7098

I would like people to stop flaming RUIN already.

ANET is the one who made the rules. In their books best server is the one with biggest time coverage. With downed state and ressing you need zerg to be effective. Or loose to bigger zerg.

I am on Deso and I dont think we are the best PvPers or w3 server out there. We just have better coverage than current T1 servers. It doesnt make me proud or elite or anything.

Still the crying from servers that nightcapped their way to T1 is something I dont get. We did the same that you did, and without endangering our healthy night/day circles. I would understand for example SFR complaining, but you guys?

Anyway, will be interesting match up, lets see what will BT bring to the table and how much will it cost us.

in WvW

Posted by: Pannonica.5378

Pannonica.5378

Some big and clungy Scholssentime as of 00:00 tonight coming up! RrrriiingDingDing! 4,7,3, Schlossen, Achtung s’il vous plaît! Focus! Attention, donc!
*catmode off

RG and the whole server is looking forward to the action! =D
Leave those turtles at home, pl0x.

Pannonica
Red Guard

in WvW

Posted by: Eugene.7358

Eugene.7358

1. Deso
2. BT
3. VS

or..

in WvW

Posted by: tita.6358

tita.6358

1. Deso

with their points income reduced by 60-70% between 4-8am. i don’t think so…

anyway it will be a great match!

Tita the Sunless, Vizunah Night Rats
75/75 Arrow Cart Mastery
124K doors and counting

in WvW

Posted by: KnightFire.2597

KnightFire.2597

1st Blacktide
2nd Vizunah Square
3rd Desolation

This will be the final score.

Because Russian guilds from Blacktide will fully prevent Desolation to stack income during 4am-8am cet.
Moreover, as the week which ends showed it to us, Desolation is weaker than Vizunah (and probably Blacktide) during EU primetime.
Without the easy income during night, Desolation may not be able to keep the 1st place.

How did it show that? We destroyed Vizunah in every way in EVERY timezone.

I can’t wait to play Blacktide they’re a strong server and hopefully provide a real challenge. I also hope they have better sportsmanship then that previous two servers did in the past two weeks.

Dark Knightfire – Thief | Kal Knightfire – Warrior | Spoiler Knightfire – Ranger

in WvW

Jaghen.8314

We destroyed Vizunah in every way in EVERY timezone.

In your dreams laddie !

in WvW

Posted by: Naikee.5936

Naikee.5936

Have a fun, guys!

Represented by [Xaoc]

in WvW

tita.6358

basics maths:
you get 15k points between 3am and 8 am.
15k x7 = 105k
actual score Deso 270k . VS 200k

you destroyed nothing…

75/75 Arrow Cart Mastery
124K doors and counting

in WvW

Posted by: Sacrx.6721

Sacrx.6721

Rise and shine!

Red Guard – Ultimate Dominator World First 25/6/13
if carlsberg played Guardian.

in WvW

Posted by: Natureswarden.5102

Natureswarden.5102

I will make one comment I don’t think any server other than AS and VS would argue with. Blacktide deserve the T1 spot more than the previous win trading 2 v 1 servers at the top of the bracket through the employment of ANY strategy that would ensure a win at all costs. Goodluck Blacktide.

I think the vast majority of European servers are glad to see two win trading servers outta the top bracket. Minus VS and AS.

in WvW

tita.6358

I will make one comment I don’t think any server other than AS and VS would argue with. Blacktide deserve the T1 spot more than the previous win trading 2 v 1 servers at the top of the bracket through the employment of ANY strategy that would ensure a win at all costs. Goodluck Blacktide.

I think the vast majority of European servers are glad to see two win trading servers outta the top bracket. Minus VS and AS.

clueless players are clueless…
most VS players are glad to play BT this week and are even happy that AS got kicked out to t2. AS have very good players and guilds but they mostly play between 9pm and 11pm. it’s boring and unbalanced.

and about the wintrading/alliance thing… it’s getting old. VS focused AS all the week as their primary target to get sure BT will come to t1 this week… (btw most big guilds on AS also wanted to be sure to go back to t2 and given up this week on purpose)

VS has a big respect for the disorder league. and i’m sure it will be the same With the whole improved blacktide server and RG. can’t wait to see them on the battlefield ^^

75/75 Arrow Cart Mastery
124K doors and counting

(edited by tita.6358)

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Blacktide, finally a real opponent again. Its been two weeks and ive honestly been looking forward to this match-up. This is your chance to get even

in WvW

Natureswarden.5102

clueless players are clueless…
most VS players are glad to play BT this week and are even happy that AS got kicked out to t2. AS have very good players and guilds but they mostly play between 9pm and 11pm. it’s boring and unbalanced.

and about the wintrading/alliance thing… it’s getting old. VS focused AS all the week as their primary target to get sure BT will come to t1 this week… (btw most big guilds on AS also wanted to be sure to go back to t2 and given up this week on purpose)

VS has a big respect for the disorder league. and i’m sure it will be the same With the whole improved blacktide server and RG. can’t wait to see them on the battlefield ^^

No need to insult Xd i guess its pretty clear your either with AS or VS. I was merely congratulating Blacktide and saying they deeserve the shot more. Again I think European servers on the whole are tired of the monopoly and after seeing both AS and VS on straight play heads up I have real trouble believing the previous wins werent manipulated one way or another (ie win trading)

Yeah it was getting old btw so old some people actually got up and did something about it. I think those people should be held in higher opinion by the rest of the bracket and probably silently are. Because now each servers going to have a fair shot.
Cheers

(edited by Natureswarden.5102)

in WvW

Posted by: Archaos.4953

Archaos.4953

[qoute]

[/quote]

I can’t tell if you’re serious or just trolling. Are you really trying to tell me that Vizunah FR was focusing Arborstone FR over Desolation?

I mean mountains of evidence that this is untrue aside, you are still try to save face saying that you wanted to fight Blacktide?

in WvW

tita.6358

sorry but that post was 100% serious…
most dedicated/hardcore players/guilds on VS prefer to play BT this week.

however it may not represents what our 8pm 11pm Pugs are thinking , they are more on the “deso US server over 9000 Ruins evil guys at night etc” :p i mean those guys that don’t even know yet who we will face in 2 hours and only care about fighting in “the ruins” all the day

75/75 Arrow Cart Mastery
124K doors and counting

(edited by tita.6358)

in WvW

Posted by: Parthenos Polias.5683

Parthenos Polias.5683

Just let them believe there was a 2v1 alliance……

It’s well known that Last Pride, War Legend, Millenium and Fureur (for instance) are friends.
There are no rivalry between these guilds for years.
There are no squablle betwen these guild on french forums.
French players never fight each others, only NA players do it.

Everything is pink in France.

in WvW

Yaro.3251

basics maths:
you get 15k points between 3am and 8 am.
15k x7 = 105k
actual score Deso 270k . VS 200k

you destroyed nothing…

One could argue that RUIN night crew was heavily draining overall VZ WWW resources as I’ve previously said. But this goes both ways. Coming into game and seeing that kind of lead in points, rest of the server (in general) didn’t have to strain that much. “Well, they cannot possibly catch up with us so we’ll just relax and have some fun, we just have to keep everything in control and not give up too much for too long”.
It will not be the case this time around I’d suspect so only time will tell how it plays out.

(edited by Yaro.3251)

in WvW

Posted by: Superlol.3741

Superlol.3741

Its so funny that people calculating the score already now. Why can’t they just enjoy the battle?

[CIR] – Blacktide

in WvW

tita.6358

you are about to enter a funny match man^^
get ready for this:p

75/75 Arrow Cart Mastery
124K doors and counting

in WvW

Natureswarden.5102

How did it show that? We destroyed Vizunah in every way in EVERY timezone.

ROFL ! Poor kid

Just a question for you dear Ruins members : if you’re really better than VS, why did you have been doomed last week? I’ll answer to this for you : you’ve been owned by few VS players waking up during the night to fighting you, and considering that you’re just able to affraid our castles doors unguarded during the night, you’ve logically been defeated by players who play WvW for PvP and no’t PvDoor.

Dominating us all the time ? You’re always behind us during the day, but i’m agree that you really rox like pros when the battle is about fighting… nobody.

What WvW were you in this last week I’m being completely honest here theres not one single even numbers battle I entered last week with AS or VS where I saw Desolation and in particular Ruin come out as the underdog.

AS and VS began to hop to undermanned BL to cap out outmanned areas because yeah people did relax with the soreline.

As for let them think there was a 2 v 1 that was established pretty well by Troma the founder of that alliance. Wether it was for a day or a week who knows. What I can say is Deso seemed the primary target and in EB we never really lost much ground.

I think Most ruin are just satisfied that theres going to be a fair fight this week win or loose. I think most Ruin are happy that they fought a 2 v 1 and came out ahead. Again a 2 v 1 that was acknowledged byt he alliance founder on these very forums. So yeah its real and yeah it existed.

Wether people want to welcome a monopoly back into the top tier again remains to be seen. Not really going to go down well for any one single server though in that instance. So who’s really looking for fair play?

in WvW

Posted by: Pannonica.5378

Pannonica.5378

Rise and shine!

Its Hammertime!

… or rather hammenziet!

Pannonica
Red Guard

in WvW

Jaghen.8314

I love how every DS player is eager to quote troma announcing the alliance and yet each and every one of them then discards this same troma when he says it lasted less than 48h…

Glad to hear Ruin are happy to have won a 2v1, at least there is a point to their delusion : makes them feel good about themselves !

For the record natures, teoria was talking about the previous week, the one VS decided to fight, and won. Last week no one really put much heart into it

in WvW

Yaro.3251

I love how SOME pleople are eager to generalize and use “every” word when it is not appropriate. I didn’t. I’m Deso player. I don’t care if there was alliance or not. Hence?..

(edited by Yaro.3251)

in WvW

Jaghen.8314

Har, I’ll grant you that, my mistake

Seen so many talking about it I was starting to think it was “common knowledge” on deso !

in WvW

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

Friday night, lag and invisible enemies ahoy

in WvW

Posted by: Ianervan.3415

Ianervan.3415

The war has begun!

1,5 hours after, the score:

1,940 Blacktide/Redtide
1,558 Desolation
1,427 Vizunah Square

Unemployed people should not receive any social benefits if they are already working in an MMO.