Best Gear in the Game... in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Boulderbolg.3460

Boulderbolg.3460

Interesting use of the stun gear things in WvW.

GL for Team Riot [RIOT] on Blackgate NA – Small Group WvW Focused
http://teamriot.org/riot-media/videos/http://www.twitch.tv/teamriottv

in WvW

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

lol man you got so “outplayed”.. People are actually arguing these should be allowed, lol.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

in WvW

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

Can’t believe they removed GitB but not these. So cheap.

in WvW

Posted by: Predator.7321

Predator.7321

Typical thief bs. No honor

in WvW

Posted by: Esoteric.5490

Esoteric.5490

/barf

12chars

Blackgate Forever,
Riven – [KnT] GM – http://KnightGaming.enjin.com
Commander – Grand General of Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Gothir.3604

Gothir.3604

That’s horrible. WTH item was that?

in WvW

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

Infinite-use no-CD environment weapons that stun.

Just another item on a long list of terrible game design decisions.

downed state is bad for PVP

in WvW

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

It’s boggling to the mind that anet doesn’t fix these. They really don’t care enough to spend the 5 minutes it’d take to make it not useable in wvw. When are they going to finally put out the fix? The March patch? Ridiculous.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: shortcake.8659

shortcake.8659

These are pretty ridiculous. I tested them out earlier in the week and killed 5 people trying to take my supply camp solo. They crit up to ~7k while chain stunning groups. This video doesn’t showcase one of the most ridiculous facts about the gears: they bounce from target to target, I believe 5 times. And lately with all the posts concerning them, they’re just getting more and more popular. At least they’re expensive, so you know the people spamming them are wasting plenty of money(I know, GREAT consolation right there..).

some terrible idiot in [pre]

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Yep that is OP and headed toward removal.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

Easy fix: disallow all environmental weapons that are not created by a class (warrior banners, ele swords etc.).

Why has this not been done?

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Because a blanket ban on all consumables would lessen the fun of things like transformation tonics, fireworks etc – which are harmless.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Thrashbarg.9820

Thrashbarg.9820

Better fix: only allow them to be used against thieves, by any other class, because then they can know what it feels like to lose every fight without a chance to fight back.

just kidding! geez, calm down! ;p

yeah, remove them, and every similar object, or balance them for PvP (not holding my breath for that)

Hats off to all the ones who stood before me, and taught a fool to ride.

in WvW

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

And here I thought spirit weapons were OP, no wonder they nerfed them…oh wait…

Seriously, I really am getting the impression they had interns working for them over the summer who actually programmed the entire game, and didn’t get all the bugs out because they had to go back to school. Now that the kids are back in school, the regular employees have no idea how to “fix” anything the interns did or missed cause they have no idea what is going on. Seriously, they had to roll achievement points back 1 point to stop the game from crashing. pulls out what little hair is left

I see this post adding to my infraction list, but I have totally lost all faith.
You would have thought the golems would have given them a clue that some things that are amusing for PvE, should stay there…anything with a combat use.

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

in WvW

Draygo.9473

Ubi, ill give you a hint, golems wasnt the first thing they have banned from WvW use, this is probably next on the docket now that anet is aware of the issues with this item.

The game is HUGE, let me ask you, name every single consumeable in this thread right now, and what it does.

Cant do it?

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Aodh.6418

Aodh.6418

I feel like I should explain the comment I made at the end of the video. This was the third time I had run into that player that night, the first two times being me vs 3 TC. He was doing the same thing in both of those fights and then started throwing them when he got in trouble the third time when it was 1v1.

I’m usually a pretty nice guy, and don’t generally berate other players, but I was pretty hot after that.

Jessica Locke – Ranger
Team Riot [RIOT] – Blackgate
http://www.youtube.com/aodhnitola - http://www.twitch.tv/aodhnitola

in WvW

Draygo.9473

You should probably email exploits at arena dot net with that as well. Several exploits I’ve mailed them personally all got fixed within a week, so it does work.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

Ubi, ill give you a hint, golems wasnt the first thing they have banned from WvW use, this is probably next on the docket now that anet is aware of the issues with this item.

The game is HUGE, let me ask you, name every single consumeable in this thread right now, and what it does.

Cant do it?

The point is I didn’t make the game (so no reason to), but they (hopefully) did, and should know what everything is/does. And after needing/deciding to ban the first item, you (or I at least) would hope that someone in that room would go…what about all the other combat consumables?

I’m guessing either that meeting didn’t take place, or no one cared and it was faster to just “fix” the one item and wait for another thread like this to ban the next item.

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

in WvW

Posted by: Supersun.4603

Supersun.4603

Did you really have to post this?

Now it’s going to be like when Golem-in-a-box was popularized the week before it was banned, and EVERYONE started to spam them.

…except it will be with gears instead >.>

Looking forward to a few terrible weeks of WvW coming up :/

in WvW

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

Now it’s going to be like when Golem-in-a-box was popularized the week before it was banned, and EVERYONE started to spam them.

…except it will be with gears instead

I’ve already seen tons of people doing this I don’t think it was a secret.

in WvW

Posted by: zen.6091

zen.6091

lol man you got so “outplayed”.. People are actually arguing these should be allowed, lol.

Same morons that furiously defended spy kits and golems in a box…oops I just broke my promise to never speak the words golem in a box again. Apparently in the minds of the carebear brigade, things like this are “fun”.

in WvW

Posted by: geekanerd.4123

geekanerd.4123

I like how he came back and jumped on the corpse. So not only is this player super-skilled, he is super-classy. I know that’s somebody I’d like to have in my guild.

There’s kittens, and then there are kittens. What can ya do? Tough it out until it gets removed, I guess. Sorry to see ya on the wrong end of that exploit — yes, I’ll call it an exploit — but at least there are videos popping up documenting how stupid the gears are.

[DIE] – FA
“Is it uplevel ranger season yet?”

in WvW

Draygo.9473

Cant do it?

The point is I didn’t make the game (so no reason to), but they (hopefully) did, and should know what everything is/does. And after needing/deciding to ban the first item, you (or I at least) would hope that someone in that room would go…what about all the other combat consumables?

I’m guessing either that meeting didn’t take place, or no one cared and it was faster to just “fix” the one item and wait for another thread like this to ban the next item.

Lets put it this way, a few months ago the devs banned every item thought to give an advantage in WvW in one pass, however they missed 2 items, GiB and this one. GiB was discovered and fixed, and now this one will probably be fixed relatively quickly.

Mistakes happen and we can help anet by reporting these mistakes, there are a LOT of consumables in the game, (in the hundreds i think). Its pretty easy to miss one, or think you disabled one but didnt by mistake.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

dank.3680

Cant do it?

Lets put it this way, a few months ago the devs banned every item thought to give an advantage in WvW in one pass, however they missed 2 items, GiB and this one. GiB was discovered and fixed, and now this one will probably be fixed relatively quickly.

Mistakes happen and we can help anet by reporting these mistakes, there are a LOT of consumables in the game, (in the hundreds i think). Its pretty easy to miss one, or think you disabled one but didnt by mistake.

Yeah and Spike Fruit, Planks and Bars, and others that haven’t gotten popular so I won’t mention them on the forums..

in WvW

Posted by: Jado Cast.1805

Jado Cast.1805

LOL, someone stole my headline, that’s just wrong. Anyways, IMO, all consumables in PvE should be nerfed in WvW period.

Hopefully Anet see’s this and fixes this in the next patch!

in WvW

Posted by: shortcake.8659

shortcake.8659

You’re doing it wrong. You need to do this much damage with gear throwing!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/03hd0zve4u3274d/gw025.jpg

some terrible idiot in [pre]

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

Interesting use of the stun gear things in WvW.

:3 The person who won was smart, and the person who lost didn’t think about that tactic.

No sour grapping please.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Posted by: Masamoon.3864

Masamoon.3864

kittening lol’d, that was priceless.

Sanghae, legends can be true.

in WvW

Posted by: Moddo.7105

Moddo.7105

Did you really have to post this?

…except it will be with gears instead >.>

Looking forward to a few terrible weeks of WvW coming up :/

At least he did not post this link https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gear_
which tells people where to get them.

in WvW

Posted by: Detharos.3157

Detharos.3157

I admit to having tried this against some Sorrow’s Furnace players. Wiped a group of 7ish full 80s by a camp with them solo, and proceeded to pressure the frontal part of 15+ people in EB later a day or two ago.

Having used them I can say first hand that these things need to go, perma stun lock bouncing sounds hilarious in theory, but I can’t imagine how frustrated the people helplessly killed by these overpowered consumables in droves must feel.

And while we’re at it, I don’t see why every PvE purchasable consumable can’t simply be removed from WvW, with the exception of all tonics.

If Anet wishes to keep any of them in, they could evaluate and test them on a case by case basis to keep the less game breaking ones, but removing the ones that cause trouble shouldn’t be too hard for them at all.

Dathaul, 80 Melee Ranger
Ferguson’s Crossing server.

in WvW

Posted by: Magiofdeath.2745

Magiofdeath.2745

Oh, a thief being a cheap player – not surprising, move along. From being able to finish move in stealth where the downed player has no chance of fighting back to throwing PvE consumables, what’s the next cheap things thieves will get?

Fort Aspenwood | Kurzick ftw!

in WvW

Posted by: Zatria.5783

Zatria.5783

Cant do it?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Consumable

in WvW

Posted by: Sphere.2076

Sphere.2076

So this is what happened to me about a month ago at a camp. A thief did the same thing to me after I started getting the best of him/her. I was like wth. There was a witness there and we both had never seen it. We thought it was a hack and the other guy kept saying they are hacking report them. Glad I didnt as I now know its just OP gear that dont belong in WVW.

in WvW

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

These consumeables do NOT need to go. They need a universal 30-60 second cooldown.

Is one gear going to save someone from dying in a 1v5 scenario? Not likely. Someone would have a stunbreak or when the stun wears off, the five kill the one anyway. Can it buy that one person some time? Yes. Is this gamebreaking at all? No.

Are 50 gears going to save someone from dying in a 1v5? You had better believe it! Is this gamebreaking at all? Oh yeah.

See, the problem isn’t with the item, the problem is with the frequency of use. Throwing a long global cooldown on these bundle consumeables would fix the problems without having to remove them. Since it would be global, they couldn’t chain together multiple consumeables to get the same basic effect.

Spy kits need to stay removed, though, due to allowing memsers to stay hidden for unreasonable amounts of time even with fantastic sweeping by their opponents.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in WvW

dank.3680

These consumeables do NOT need to go. They need a universal 30-60 second cooldown.

Is one gear going to save someone from dying in a 1v5 scenario? Not likely. Someone would have a stunbreak or when the stun wears off, the five kill the one anyway. Can it buy that one person some time? Yes. Is this gamebreaking at all? No.

Are 50 gears going to save someone from dying in a 1v5? You had better believe it! Is this gamebreaking at all? Oh yeah.

See, the problem isn’t with the item, the problem is with the frequency of use. Throwing a long global cooldown on these bundle consumeables would fix the problems without having to remove them. Since it would be global, they couldn’t chain together multiple consumeables to get the same basic effect.

Spy kits need to stay removed, though, due to allowing memsers to stay hidden for unreasonable amounts of time even with fantastic sweeping by their opponents.

You have a limited amount of skills and utilities for a reason.. Nobody should have extra stuns or knockdowns they aren’t meant to have.. These items are completely stupid and frankly I can’t believe people are ignorant enough to provide arguments for them.

in WvW

Posted by: albotelho.2931

albotelho.2931

They just need to make this item unavailable on WvW… just that… the guy that used gear to stun lock on the video was just pathetic…

Turig Wolfsbane Norn Guardian
Rangrorn Charr Necromancer
Ultimate Legion [UL]

in WvW

Posted by: Enenion.8127

Enenion.8127

Completely agree. I don’t mind if someone uses one or two of these in a fight, but the fact that they can entirely replace the usage of your regular skills because they lack a cooldown is ridiculous. Add a global cooldown to all consumables when one is used in combat and that instantly fixes the majority of these “broken” items.

[Help],
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: EvilSardine.9635

EvilSardine.9635

Yep, this needs to get removed.

in WvW

Posted by: Warlord Lu Bu.7905

Warlord Lu Bu.7905

It amazes me how so many people are clueless on how to counter gears. I just won a 1 v 7 using gears.

Then the same 7 came back and one of their guys had gears to spam at me. I know how to counter and defeated them a 2nd time in a row.

The only legitimate complaints I can see about Gears is that they do damage to multiple targets (which can be more DPS than your normal move combinations) and appear to be able to hit enemies while in stealth.

War Legend Lu Bu – Commander
[WäR] Warband of Absolute Retribution
Borlis Pass

in WvW

albotelho.2931

O.o

Pros are going to be Pros! Oh you kittening Noobies!

Ultimate Legion [UL]

in WvW

dank.3680

It amazes me how so many people are clueless on how to counter gears. I just won a 1 v 7 using gears.

Then the same 7 came back and one of their guys had gears to spam at me. I know how to counter and defeated them a 2nd time in a row.

The only legitimate complaints I can see about Gears is that they do damage to multiple targets (which can be more DPS than your normal move combinations) and appear to be able to hit enemies while in stealth.

“Easy to counter” blah blah.. Maybe if you are playing a class/build which has high access to stability or reflect… Not everyone has those options and even the classes that do shouldn’t have to tailor their build to counter some stupid enviromental pve item.

I’ll say it again. Every class has a certain amount of accessable stuns and knockdowns FOR A REASON, and every player has a certain amount of skills and utilities FOR A REASON.. There are good reasons a Glass backstab thief for example doesn’t have an extra long duration, high damage, bouncing stun to use after he uses Basilisk..

in WvW

albotelho.2931

Oh please he won a 1 v 7 fight… give him some respect.

Ultimate Legion [UL]

in WvW

Posted by: Antinous.4537

Antinous.4537

That item is terrible. Anet needs to do a patch to remove.

in WvW

Posted by: Furgerat.7842

Furgerat.7842

pfft 1v7 is easy mode i just 1v14 let me know when you want to get together and i’ll give you some free lessons.

Furrygreen-PAXA-BAMF
Furgerat-Virus23-DAOC
Furrygreen-Abstract-DAOC

in WvW

Posted by: Warlord Lu Bu.7905

Warlord Lu Bu.7905

It was a rare event to be honest. I almost never roam solo.

War Legend Lu Bu – Commander
[WäR] Warband of Absolute Retribution
Borlis Pass

in WvW

Posted by: EasymodeX.4062

EasymodeX.4062

Cant do it?

I don’t know the names, but I can tell you what they all do: Something that doesn’t need to be in WvW.

If you can’t read English, please do not reply to my post.

in WvW

Posted by: Spiuk.8421

Spiuk.8421

You got outplayed, son.

Deal with it.

Rubios – Tales of the Sunless [TXS]

in WvW

Posted by: Emerge.9640

Emerge.9640

You got outplayed, son.

Deal with it.

Says the guy who depends on these to win fights.

ROAM | Oink | TLP

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

Since this thread is not inviting to constructive and healthy discussion, it is now closed.

Please refrain from creating such thread in the future.

Thank you.