Borlis Pass, the World

Borlis Pass, the World

in Looking for...

Posted by: BrianRonin.1673

BrianRonin.1673

Early on in my Guild wars experience I roamed the worlds looking for a server that fit my and my friends needs in terms of community and WvW presence. It wasn’t a sense of bandwagoning it was more a sense of where I wanted to hitch my trailer to and build up a home.

It took five server transfers before I stumbled into BP, where I met some friendly commanders and watched some epic small scale fights in WvW. I thought okay this is a decent place to set up shop and did.

Yet my rewards were much greater than that, as I soon found friendly guilds to support my PvE exploration, grizzled veteran members of WvW who taught me tactics and turned me from a PuG to a contributing member of a guild. A silly community in lion’s arch often found dancing in front of the bank for some kind of show.

As I put up my feet and relaxed the server’s community grew closer, finding friendly rivals servers in the lists. Faceing tough times and occasionally steamrolling like all servers but what marked BP different in my book is a server that never gave up the fight. They kept their nose to the grindstone kept fighting kept learning.

Now with a new teamspeak the server is poised to grow even more as a community. Open lines of communication have made members more effective more intelligent, and more deadly.

Borlis Pass, is a server with heart, and by our powers combined we can summon a mighty spirit.

Ronin the Revenant – Necro – Borlis Pass
Worst Necro ever!

Borlis Pass, the World

in Looking for...

Posted by: Tetra Bug.7134

Tetra Bug.7134

If you join Borlis your enemies will one day be able to look at you and say, “Oh hey, free loot”

Ur Kel – Warrior
AR → EB → DB → Maguuma
Arkham – [Ark]

Borlis Pass, the World

in Looking for...

Posted by: EFWinters.5421

EFWinters.5421

If you join Borlis your enemies will one day be able to look at you and say, “Oh hey, free loot”

So it’s kind of like being in your guild then?

Human Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

Borlis Pass, the World

in Looking for...

Posted by: LAD Infinitum.1675

LAD Infinitum.1675

So it’s kind of like being in your guild then?

To be fair, I think EBay tends to view both AR and BP as loot bags in the current match-up. You guys are tough cookies, and I am eager to see what you can do against opponents more your caliber!

For my small part, I’ve been on BP from the beginning. Found my way into WvW as an unaffiliated roamer, and gradually wandered onto the community forum, which has since grown to nigh 700 registered users (including a nice sampling of participants from EBay and some AR). From there, my experience with the game really took off. I’ve hardly left WvW since (what’s this Southsun Cove I keep hearing so much about? :P)

Do we have our fair-share of trolls, drama queens, in-fighting, and spectacular failures? Of course. The victories and triumphs along the way wouldn’t be nearly as sweet without them. We’ve developed a rich and humorous server culture (complete with a secret Brolis Rock Plans and Phases Committee, worshippers of Moose, GOAT farms, Christmas bell concerts, a collection of comical Kalkz hashtags, and many others!) and an even richer assemblage of personalities (this parenthetical intentionally left blank) that makes us, at least to me, a unique and entertaining bunch. It keeps me coming back in the spare time I could be using on any of a variety of other things, anyway

Borlis Pass, the World

in Looking for...

Posted by: ekleenex.1654

ekleenex.1654

I think Borlis has the most potential to grow, and anyone could make a big impact. It remains to be seen what evolution they’ll see though..

sociablegnomes / ekleenex / swághili [Rekz]
“dodging saves lives.”

Borlis Pass, the World

in Looking for...

Posted by: Khayoss.2019

Khayoss.2019

As a long time opponent of Borliss Pass, I offer this observation: Their server is in need of strong organizational leaders for their WvW presence at all NA daytime hours moreso than additional numbers. Their population is heavily pug/casual in appearance and organization. If a strong willed WvW guild or set of commanders were to transfer here willing to put in the work to organize and train the existing population and promote/lead cross guild coordination, BP could conceivably make an entrance into the tiers of more dedicated WvW servers in a very short period of time.

Khayoss / Khayotica / Mistasia
Ehmry Bay – The Rally Bot Vortex [VOID]

Borlis Pass, the World

in Looking for...

Posted by: DtC.4806

DtC.4806

BP has very effective commanders, we just need strong fighters. Our commanders are very quick on their feet and alert to everything. Our public teamspeak with over 220 people on reset, and all guilds have their own channel and all people are welcome to join the teamspeak no questions asked (except to verify you as a BP member). We have scheduled commander meetings every week prior to reset and we organize reset, and talk about strategies that worked and didnt work for the previous week.

As of this post, BP is really starting to get strong with our new teamspeak and we are able to jump a qued map from map to map when needed. Last night we had a qued map, with 55-60 people in our teamspeak channel from 10PM – 2 AM server time, and we jumped maps several times effectively.

Borlis Pass is a very tight community with essentially zero drama between guilds. There are a few that bicker, but as a whole I would say its zero drama. Borlis Pass is also very “mature” in the sense that there isn’t too much swearing that happens compared to other servers (I have seen videos of commanding from other servers, the language can be pretty vulgar in teamspeak and map chat).

We are looking to accomidate you. If you have further questions please feel free to send me a mail in game!

Main: Ominous Justice (DtC)
Guild: Ominous Threat
Server: Fort Aspenwood

Borlis Pass, the World

in Looking for...

Posted by: Walabone.6713

Walabone.6713

Borlis Pass is a community driven server. We have eschewed any notions of an “alliance” or a traditional leadership structure; we are not the Pact or the BP Alliance. We are Borlis Pass. Our server’s leaders are passionate members of the community, who have earned the respect of their server through their in-game exploits and other contributions. They are not elected or chosen, rather these people are individuals or groups who rise to the occasion and drive the future development of the server. When their work is done, they humbly bow out, and another willing soul shoulders the load.

On Borlis Pass you will NOT be told how to play. If you want to be a part of a server-wide coordinated WvW effort, you can join our weekly meetings in our server wide Teamspeak server to plan out our strategies, or you can post on our server’s super secret commander forums. If you simply wish to hop into a BL and kill some invaders, irregardless of strategies and politics, you are more than welcome to do so! If you want to take a break from WvW and do fractals for a week, no problem. Borlis Pass encourages you to play the game how you want to play it. The most important thing: have FUN!

Borlis Pass WvW highlights the best that WvW has to offer. If you want massive pitched battles between opposing zergs – we got it! If you’re more interested in organized, skilled guild groups – we got it! If you like to take camps with your friends, roam looking for 1v1s, or beat up lowbies – we got that too! Queues are near non-existent, and you can always find a place to play.

If you like to have fun in WvW, and wish to be a part of a laid-back, but deadly, WvW community that doesn’t give up and doesn’t get down – but rather lives for the thrill of the tough fight – Borlis Pass may be the server for you. Visit our forums at Borlis.org and contact some of our community members to find out more!

Walabone – Borlis Pass
Ascension [WAR] Officer | [ÆÆÆÆ] | Driver of BP’s GvG guild [BB]

Borlis Pass, the World

in Looking for...

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

Gonna be transferring to borlis in the next few days and most of my guildies who are coming already have! Really excited to be joining the BP community and war effort!!!

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

Borlis Pass, the World

in Looking for...

Posted by: Grumpy.8365

Grumpy.8365

PVE: high population server, where you can still find friendly people to run a quick dungeon, Fractal and with a bit more difficult for personal storylines.

PVP: medium population, with a full hand of excellent sPvPers.

WvW: high population, server with small queues to enter (5 to 10 minutes the most) and only during the reset day (Friday). In this content you can always find action and some drama by reading in global chat more opinions and calls to arms per minute than quaggans guarding noodles!

I would say it’s more like…

PvE: low~medium – Whenever I guest on other high pop servers, I’m often surprised at how many people are in LA spamming dungeons and stuff. Or farming in areas like orr…
PvP: very low – We have virtually no pvpers ranked in the top 100 comparatively to other servers.
WvW: medium – Clearly… as tier indicates. Having a queue only on reset day is definitely not something that’s “high population”.

Ultimately, we’re in the bottom half in terms of population count as indicative of population count on world selection as you can often see “medium” for borlis pass whereas half of the other servers in NA rarely – if ever – reach anything other than very high.

(edited by Grumpy.8365)

Borlis Pass, the World

in Looking for...

Posted by: Brindled.2179

Brindled.2179

I wonder how many servers have a Monkey on their back like we do?

Borlis Pass, the World

in Looking for...

Posted by: Evilzara.6378

Evilzara.6378

Great server. We’re still growing up (averaging about 150 users online on ts everyday and 270+ on reset) but give us time and we’ll be a big threat in the future.

Commander Evilzara of The Black Tides [TBT]

Stormbluff Isle

Borlis Pass, the World

in Looking for...

Posted by: Darkhayle.2473

Darkhayle.2473

PVE: high population server, where you can still find friendly people to run a quick dungeon, Fractal and with a bit more difficult for personal storylines.

PVP: medium population, with a full hand of excellent sPvPers.

WvW: high population, server with small queues to enter (5 to 10 minutes the most) and only during the reset day (Friday). In this content you can always find action and some drama by reading in global chat more opinions and calls to arms per minute than quaggans guarding noodles!

I would say it’s more like…

PvE: low~medium – Whenever I guest on other high pop servers, I’m often surprised at how many people are in LA spamming dungeons and stuff. Or farming in areas like orr…
PvP: very low – We have virtually no pvpers ranked in the top 100 comparatively to other servers.
WvW: medium – Clearly… as tier indicates. Having a queue only on reset day is definitely not something that’s “high population”.

Ultimately, we’re in the bottom half in terms of population count as indicative of population count on world selection as you can often see “medium” for borlis pass whereas half of the other servers in NA rarely – if ever – reach anything other than very high.

I definitely agree about PvE and WvW that the above poster described. A lot of people like to blame our more stagnant numbers during the week on the PvE participation.. but the truth is that there aren’t that many people participating in PvE as many active WvW players are lead to believe. Balth is rarely uncontested, Orr is often empty save some groups farming in Cursed Shore. The vast majority of group events go unnoticed unless they have a boss chest at the end.

Borlis Pass, the World

in Looking for...

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

All I can say is that over the many… many… many… manymanymanymanymany (thanks AnEt / Glicko) manymanymanymanymanymany…. (yes, we’ve been together that long) many weeks we’ve been matched up…

BP has shown incredible progress in their tactical roaming/group play. If they had more numbers, it would be a very competitive and fun fights.

They also know how to troll a forum, which makes both ingame and out of game aspects, fun.

G’luck!

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

Borlis Pass, the World

in Looking for...

Posted by: Liquid Rhino.7192

Liquid Rhino.7192

Great folks & great times – What’s not to like? =]

Borlis Pass, the World

in Looking for...

Posted by: LAD Infinitum.1675

LAD Infinitum.1675

We are also aspiring storytellers / videographers! See: <shameless-server-plug>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqn8zrgP_Uw&feature=youtu.be
</ >

Borlis Pass, the World

in Looking for...

Posted by: Evilzara.6378

Evilzara.6378

Just to update, we hit 337 people on TS at reset yesterday. That is amazing.

Also BP is listed as a “medium” population server, which means it’s 500 gems to transfer here.

Commander Evilzara of The Black Tides [TBT]

Stormbluff Isle

Borlis Pass, the World

in Looking for...

Posted by: skeet.1390

skeet.1390

Only 500 gems to transfer since its not listed as a medium server. Come on and enjoy the destruction!

Zoe Whiplash
[BanG]

Borlis Pass, the World

in Looking for...

Posted by: nothing.7941

nothing.7941

They also know how to troll a forum…

Aww, you’re making us blush. But seriously, though we of course have some forum warriors, if that is NOT your thing you will be very happy in Borlis Pass. We are passionate about wvw, helpful to newcomers, and respectful to our opponents. We are growing and improving. If you want to be a part of that now is the time to make your move.

Martin Firestorm, Borlis Pass
Gaile Gray wrote:
Oh wait, read Martin Firestorm, he says it better…

Borlis Pass, the World

in Looking for...

Posted by: douceline.2741

douceline.2741

I wonder how many servers have a Monkey on their back like we do?

Oh, you! XD

Borlis Pass, the World

in Looking for...

Posted by: douceline.2741

douceline.2741

I gotta say, I am pretty impressed with our WVW streak this week. We have some really awesome commanders to keep us all organized. I think if we got more people on teamspeak we could be even more powerful.

Guys, get on teamspeak! Even if you don’t have a headset, at least put it on your speakers so you can hear what strategies are being discussed. It has totally changed WVW for me!

Borlis Pass, the World

in Looking for...

Posted by: Havvik Nightseeker.3485

Havvik Nightseeker.3485

Coming from a server that is being dominated by BP this week. I have to say it has been fun against BP. They play smart in WvW and work well together as a server (or you seem to). And most have been nothing but respectful.

Their PvE I can’t speak for ( HoDs is a literal ghost town so it probably is an improvement) but from meeting some players from BP. I would say if you are looking to transfer, learn more about BP

[Wake] main driver/GL

Borlis Pass, the World

in Looking for...

nothing.7941

Thanks for the kind words Havvik.

Gaile Gray wrote:

Borlis Pass, the World

in Looking for...

Posted by: Gellor.6497

Gellor.6497

News from the Pass world:
- Guild [Lost] from Northern Shiverpeaks has transferred over to Borlis. Welcome commander Calisto and fellows
- Guild [HOES] from Northern Shiverpeaks has transferred over to Borlis. Welcome commander Noodica and fellows
- Another Guild from NSP – now tagged AoA – has transferred over to Borlis
- Guild from Gate of Madness – now tagged MM – has transferred over to Borlis . Welcome GoM fellows
- Small Guild from Henge of Denravi has transferred over to Borlis. Welcome Ras El Ghul, Maverick and fellows.
- Ancient BP Guild [KREW] is returning home server, transferred from Dragonbrand. Welcome back Hadan and fellows.

Borlis Pass emblem is a beacon, a burning flame that warm up all those who wants to share FUNtastic moments:

Krew hasn’t been on DB for almost 2 months

Bodacious Gellor/Adela Grace/Cherry Poptartz [rB]
www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

Borlis Pass, the World

in Looking for...

Posted by: Shiny.7429

Shiny.7429

Hey we are a guild from a t8 server looking for a new place to call home. We were having some issues with our last server, and in hopes to find somewhere better suited to welcome a hardcore WvW guild such as ourselves. We currently have a playerbase of about 30 active members, 10 – 20 of which should be willing to transfer if u would like pls feel free to msg me for information

Shiny – Leader of Third Vanguard [TV] @ Anvil Rock

Borlis Pass, the World

in Looking for...

dunnberry.2964

Come join us, I’m one of the Lost members who transferred a little bit back and I absolutely love it! The BP community if friendly, welcoming, fun and know what their doing! I haven’t looked back on decision to move here

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

Borlis Pass, the World

in Looking for...

Posted by: Hadan.2841

Hadan.2841

dont worry evlana, Krew is just waiting for your return home.

Leader/Driver of Krew/MR

Borlis Pass, the World

in Looking for...

Posted by: THE Dentist.5960

THE Dentist.5960

Come join us, I’m one of the Lost members who transferred a little bit back and I absolutely love it! The BP community if friendly, welcoming, fun and know what their doing! I haven’t looked back on decision to move here

But he sure misses the heck out of some fellows back home! ;-)

VoxL (NSP)
Doom Strykër [Warr] Doom Ryder [Ranger]
Doomku [Guard] Doom Wrack [Mez]

Borlis Pass, the World

in Looking for...

dunnberry.2964

Some of those fellas are welcome to come "cough" doom "cough" free donuts

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

Borlis Pass, the World

in Looking for...

nothing.7941

There is always room for more transfers on Borlis Pass. Come see for yourself why Lost and others made the move at Borlis.org.

Gaile Gray wrote:

Borlis Pass, the World

in Looking for...

nothing.7941

Get in on the ground floor of a server hitting its stride in wvw. New recruits will feel very welcome, transfers will never look back.

Gaile Gray wrote:

Borlis Pass, the World

in Looking for...

Posted by: Stillsky.2615

Stillsky.2615

Get in on the ground floor of a server hitting its stride in wvw. New recruits will feel very welcome, transfers will never look back.

You’re right. I’ve not looked back once since transferring out of Borlis. Emphasis mine.

aZn
~Maguuma~

Borlis Pass, the World

in Looking for...

nothing.7941

That’s funny, glad you’re enjoying your new server. But the real ticket to wvw happiness is still on BP. Come join us!

Gaile Gray wrote:

Borlis Pass, the World

in Looking for...

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

I transferred to Borlis Pass from a tier 1 server along with my brother. We came looking for a good solid server with good matchups, and we wanted to get away from the constant zerging in tier 1. We had tried a few other servers before BP, but we are home now.

The community has strong players and good communication, and good leaders. Some of our commanders are some of the best I’ve played under, even including my time on tier 1. BP seems to have a knack for putting up a great fight and prevailing with strong tactics.

I’m still very happy about having transferred to BP, and I would recommend it to anyone else, too.

Borlis Pass, the World

in Looking for...

Posted by: plevyakin.8792

plevyakin.8792

I’m looking for a WvW-centric server to join because I’m sick and tired of the PvEers mucking up in WvW at my current server.

Just want to ask what’s the Oceanic coverage for BP like? Are there any major Oceanic WvW guilds?

If it helps, I spend 98-100% of my in-game time in WvW.

Bonaduce Cadderly
Henge of Denravi [HOD]
Discreet [Dx]

Borlis Pass, the World

in Looking for...

dunnberry.2964

Idk how many or who exactly our oceanic guilds are but quite a few US guilds stay up quite late and play WFD being first that comes to mind at night…check out Borlis.org you should be able to find guilds info there

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

Borlis Pass, the World

in Looking for...

nothing.7941

Don’t be silly, real life is too…real. At Borlis Pass, we know this and invite all of our fellow virtual travelers to make your virtual home on our humble server. You will not regret the move! Check us out at borlis.org.

Gaile Gray wrote:

Borlis Pass, the World

in Looking for...

nothing.7941

It seems that some of you are quite frustrated with your server atm, maybe have been for awhile. I’m not calling out any servers or guilds in particular, but it’s just pretty obvious from reading these forums. If that describes you or your guild, all I can tell you is Borlis Pass is a server on the rise in wvw, we’re big enough to be effective without constant queues, there’s room for roamers and small groups but there’s also zergs if that’s your thing, and we all pretty much get along great. See for yourself at borlis.org., post here, or pm me if you have any questions or want to arrange a meeting.

Gaile Gray wrote:

Borlis Pass, the World

in Looking for...

nothing.7941

bump…….bump

Gaile Gray wrote:

Borlis Pass, the World

in Looking for...

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

Welcome to the Pass, [DR] Dragonriders! (Formerly of Blackgate). Was a pleasant surprise to see all your familliar names in TS when I thought I was being contacted by a Devona’s Rest guild, and not an actual guild tag (failll Eva) :-P lol! See you on the battlefield!

Our SEA/Oceanic family needs more members!! Our NA is getting stronger, however we are really lacking the numbers outside the NA time zones.

Contact us for more information! ♥

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

Borlis Pass, the World

in Looking for...

nothing.7941

Another week, another move up in the rankings, but still mid-tier and loving it. Join us if this sounds like the kind of wvw you’re looking for.

Gaile Gray wrote:

Borlis Pass, the World

in Looking for...

nothing.7941

bump Because we’re better than those other servers…

Gaile Gray wrote:

Borlis Pass, the World

in Looking for...

Posted by: Crixus.9247

Crixus.9247

Venator Phalanx [VP] is in the process of transferring strike team from Devona’s Rest, originally Blackgate.
First day impressions: great fights , great organization in the server, lots of good wvw guilds, smooth transition and warm welcome.

Crixus

Borlis Pass, the World

in Looking for...

Posted by: Farout.8207

Farout.8207

Venator Phalanx [VP] is in the process of transferring strike team from Devona’s Rest, originally Blackgate.
First day impressions: great fights , great organization in the server, lots of good wvw guilds, smooth transition and warm welcome.

Welcome to the Pass!

~ Cleetus

Borlis Pass, the World

in Looking for...

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

Looking forward to working with you!

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

Borlis Pass, the World

in Looking for...

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

any medium to large PvX guilds with regularly scheduled guild missions recruiting?

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

Borlis Pass, the World

in Looking for...

Posted by: Devanuze.8734

Devanuze.8734

Wondering if my guys would sit in a similar position. Anyone from BP reckon you could do with another similar guild or maybe help us too see if you can see if you fit our ideas of a new server?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/recruitment/Small-tactics-WvW-Guild-looking-for-new-home/first#post2646174

Moose Mickelson. Golfing at its finest

Borlis Pass, the World

in Looking for...

Posted by: Aeros.2046

Aeros.2046

BP definitely is in need of small havoc squads, for sure.

[KRTA]
Maguuma

Borlis Pass, the World

in Looking for...

Posted by: AdrianoAz.7985

AdrianoAz.7985

Hi, Crixus, i see your guild yestarday in WvW, you are a great guild. Please, can you update your guild in http://gw2.guildex.org/guilds/na/borlis-pass?sort=tag&order=asc?

We need to know every guild in Borlis Pass and your information.

I’m the leader of [AcA] guild in BP with 257 members. Best regards.

Leader of the Brazilian Guild [AcA]
Principe Adriano and Rei Adriano
Server: Borlis Pass

Borlis Pass, the World

in Looking for...

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

What I like about this server is it has a Dedicated core group of diehards.

Borliss pass has a good number of dedicated casuals and hardcore who will show up every day, no matter the score. It is for this reason that it has been a very long time since Borliss Pass has lost a match completely (3rd place), even when outgunned. The band wagoners quit, the die hards don’t.

This week matched up against 2 higher ranked servers, and with every incentive in the world to lose, we will take second in our matchup.

Borliss pass also has good (not great) coverage from bandwagon casuals, and antisocial roamers. Such players help the sever gain and keep the buffs alot more than you would expect. Of course, you can’t rely on they players but interest in WvW is good on the sever for its population.

What the server does not have is a core GvG guild. Of course, this just means that the next one to arrive will be the first and get all of the GvG resources for itself.

If you have fought against Borliss pass, you know that our Commanders improvise, and boldly swap tactics on the fly, which allow for varied play styles. Also, the server is getting closer to a working offense/defense mix.

Ranked 12 right now, this server will end match play ranked higher than that and will surprise a lot of people doing so.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.