Bots in WvW?

Bots in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Tatva.3708

Tatva.3708

This topic is to discuss the posibility of bots being used in wvw.

Why I say this? Because I have seen bots in wvw and in pve. I have seen bots running around centaur zone once and again. How do I know they are bots? 1- they didnt answer our salutations. 2 – They did the same thing over and over again. 3 – they did it for hours.
I also have seen bots farming certain spots of Orr.

So, now that we stablished the posibility of having bots in wvw… The main problem I see here is about those servers that run hug zergs everywhere at everytime… I mean, they dont sleep, they dont eat, they are huge zergs everywhere at everytime. So there is a posibility that they are running bots? ArenaNet should investigate this.

Bots in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

No they shouldn’t.

What you’re suggesting isn’t realistic.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

Bots in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: HtFde.3856

HtFde.3856

They could multibox if they were all the same class but given lag and whatnot coordinating multiple classes in a 10+ formation seems to be impossible to do without visible micro teleports and such to keep them lined up.

PMI – Dzagonur Rallybot :)

(edited by HtFde.3856)

Bots in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

Bots in WvW? You’re kidding me!

Yes, they exist. They used to be a big issue but ANet made some changes. Sometimes you will find a few here and there. If so, just report them.

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

Bots in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: vipeout.2485

vipeout.2485

Yep, they are being used. Mostly on siege in SM tho – if something keeps trebbing your tower for half a day in the exact same spot missing all the time(yeah someone failed at aiming it) – it’s a bot. Add few farming bots and that’s it afaik. There just are so many players playing at night for whatever reasons, no need a bots for this tbh. Especially in the higher tiers.

Piken Square | Xiana [XT]

Bots in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Habib Loew.6239

Habib Loew.6239

Gameplay Programmer

Next

If you see a bot anywhere in the game the best possible thing you can do is report it using the in-game report feature. Reporting bots gets them into our system and helps us not only to find and ban them, but also to learn how to better detect them automatically.

So, if you see bots please report them!

ArenaNet Gameplay Programmer

Bots in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

If you see a bot anywhere in the game the best possible thing you can do is report it using the in-game report feature. Reporting bots gets them into our system and helps us not only to find and ban them, but also to learn how to better detect them automatically.

Habib,

How should we classify people who are using teleport/flying hacks? There doesn’t seem to be a proper classification to report them under.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

Bots in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Grit.9061

Grit.9061

As others have said, the only bots in WvW that actually participate in the war effort are those that are working a trebuchet.

Bots have absolutely no reason to run around as a zerg capping towers and such.. the rewards from PvE are far greater, and 99% of bots are controlled by RMT.

[LION] Lion’s Arch Irregulars – Dragonbrand
lionsarch.org

Bots in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Raincrow.1840

Raincrow.1840

How would a Bot actually help in WvW? They’d be so easy to kill.

Crystal Desert; The Viking Server
When are people going to figure out there’s a war going on?

Bots in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: haqqa.8194

haqqa.8194

During 1 particular matchup a few weeks ago, there was what seemed like some guy running bots on our server, then killing them/camping/farming medals from the other. idk, maybe friends set it up or w/e

Bots in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Habib Loew.6239

Previous

Habib Loew.6239

Gameplay Programmer

Habib,

How should we classify people who are using teleport/flying hacks? There doesn’t seem to be a proper classification to report them under.

For now you can mark them as “Scamming”. Our security folks assure me they’ll see the report regardless of how it’s marked. Still, we should have an appropriate option in that list. I’ll raise the issue with the appropriate folks about getting an “Exploiting” option added.

ArenaNet Gameplay Programmer

(edited by Habib Loew.6239)

Bots in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Account.9832

Account.9832

How should we classify people who are using teleport/flying hacks?

For now you can mark them as “Scamming”. Our security folks assure me they’ll see the report regardless of how it’s mark.

There’s no place in the report to write any comments. All we can do is select one of the reasons and click “report”. So how can they know, when they receive a report for “scamming”, what they should look into (player behaviour, recent transactions, recent chat, etc.)? Seems very inefficient, and would easily be solved by letting players include a short description when they submit a report.

- Al Zheimer

Bots in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Esrever.8613

Esrever.8613

it wouldn’t be impossible to make a bot zerg, would be pointless with no returns.

sllaw eht no nettirw gnihtemos saw ecno ereht

Bots in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

I’ll raise the issue with the appropriate folks about getting an “Exploiting” option added.

Perhaps even a comment box so ppl can give more details on their reports.

Macros, you can use them as long as they arent macros.
Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!
WvW, we only care if it affects the servers we play on.

Bots in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Windmoor.9834

Windmoor.9834

Yep, they are being used. Mostly on siege in SM tho – if something keeps trebbing your tower for half a day in the exact same spot missing all the time(yeah someone failed at aiming it) – it’s a bot. Add few farming bots and that’s it afaik. There just are so many players playing at night for whatever reasons, no need a bots for this tbh. Especially in the higher tiers.

Just to clearify; I have been known to be one of these, so called; “BOTS” If you think they are missing with thier aim, and constantly hitting the same spot, ask yourself why. I sometimes hold choke points with trebs, even when nobody is there, just so when someone comes, they take a different route. I also will hit a tower/keep/camp constantly when my zerg is busy elsewhere, just to keep that location softened up for when they do have time to go grab it.

Being short sighted, doesn’t make everyone else a bot. Remember to ask yourself, could there be a reason for them hitting this spot?

Don’t fear the unknown, CONQUER IT!!!

Bots in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Rajani Isa.6294

Rajani Isa.6294

How should we classify people who are using teleport/flying hacks?

For now you can mark them as “Scamming”. Our security folks assure me they’ll see the report regardless of how it’s mark.

There’s no place in the report to write any comments. All we can do is select one of the reasons and click “report”. So how can they know, when they receive a report for “scamming”, what they should look into (player behaviour, recent transactions, recent chat, etc.)? Seems very inefficient, and would easily be solved by letting players include a short description when they submit a report.

Similar issue with name reporting – no place to explain how it’s offensive.

Bots in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: transtemporal.2158

transtemporal.2158

These are definitely people on the SM trebs, since I’ve sat on these treb for many hrs and had many an interesting conversation.

Bots in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: vipeout.2485

vipeout.2485

Windmoor, I do realize that this is sometimes a way to solve some kind of problem. However doing it for hours when there is no zerg of their team is pointless. There’s always a way around in EB, it’s not like there are many choke points.

These are definitely people on the SM trebs, since I’ve sat on these treb for many hrs and had many an interesting conversation.

Of course there can be a player on a treb. I didn’t say it’s always a bot. However it gets much funnier when your guildmate goes to their server to check it out (back when there were completely unlimited transfers) and tries to interact with such a person. It’s extremely unlikely that someone is watching a movie on his 2nd screen while spamming ‘2’ on the other one.

Piken Square | Xiana [XT]

Bots in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Sansarah.3076

Sansarah.3076

Yay, A-net is actually reading our posts in wvw! It’s been so quiet here from you guys that we weren’t sure you still even read these posts…

Bots in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Di Romilly.5108

Di Romilly.5108

Of course there can be a player on a treb. I didn’t say it’s always a bot. However it gets much funnier when your guildmate goes to their server to check it out (back when there were completely unlimited transfers) and tries to interact with such a person.

It’s extremely unlikely that someone is watching a movie on his 2nd screen while spamming ‘2’ on the other one. …

Actualy
Once i have the aiming right and have to treb for longer times (aka the zerg / commander is busy elsewhere) i start browsing on my other screen more or less mindlessly hitting “2”

But your right, doing that for multiple hours seens very unlikely

Bots in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Tatva.3708

Tatva.3708

If there are bots in zerg, obviously is not useful that there are JUST bots in the zerg… But what about a zerg of bots followed by actual players? so you kill bots while they kill you…
The actual caping may be done by the players, I dont think bots can manage that… but the shooting constantly at any target in sight can be easily managed by bots… and if you have played quake long time ago, you know the bots have perfect accuracy…

Bots in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

obviously is not useful that there are JUST bots in the zerg

We are doing quite good with our all-[Bots] groups :P

Bots in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

Habib,

For now you can mark them as “Scamming”. Our security folks assure me they’ll see the report regardless of how it’s marked. Still, we should have an appropriate option in that list. I’ll raise the issue with the appropriate folks about getting an “Exploiting” option added.

I would love to see a text box so we can describe what we are reporting. Also the ‘send report with screenshot’ from bug report feature added.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

Bots in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: XTHUMPERX.4069

XTHUMPERX.4069

can the pve bots be marked as enemies and given a special drop for killing them???? it has been done by sony before…. it would be a blast killing cheaters