Can This Ranger Do Well In WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Cempa.5619

Cempa.5619

Hi,

Looking for help as I got my Ranger to 80 and have just enough Gold to buy one set -casual player. I came up with a build idea/design:

Ranged (SB) power build that has at least 15 in BM with strong (near perma) CC via Cripple+Immobilize chaining from pets+abilities to keep melee just out of melee range and enough power + CC to allow pet to eat away with me at ranged.

So I started out with the above idea to fit how I have fun playing MMO’s:

Ranged Control

I picked Ranger because it has a massive arsenal of ‘ranged control’ when factoring in pets (Wolf+Dog for example give 10 sec Cripple+4 sec KD+2sec Immob + 2sec Fear) rotate that with Muddy Terrian which lasts for 20sec on a 24sec CD and it looks like enough mitigation.

As for Conditions using -20% rune + -40% food so -60% conditions applied to me should be just about enough.

http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/ranger/?6.0|5.1g.h2|0.0.0.0.0.0|1c.79.1c.79.1c.79.1c.79.1c.79.1c.79|1g.9c.1g.9c.1g.9c.1g.9c.1g.9c.1g.9c|k28.f1.a6.a5.f5|15.7|4j.4w.4x.4q.55|e

Effective Power 3243.59
Effective Health (EHP) 25834
Damage Reduction 23.12%

Gear thus far is pure Soldier and I am not sure if that is the right choice?

in WvW

Posted by: Outatime.5183

Outatime.5183

Don’t play a ranger in WvW you will only be constantly disappointed with it

in WvW

Posted by: Anzu.5702

Anzu.5702

Don’t have much experience with the ranger but they can be made to work. For example their controls like you say are great. Perhaps also consider how you are going to play wvw and which tier you are in.

If you enjoy large battle clashes you will prob want to go more survival based unless you can stick to the rear.

If you plan to do small infiltration missions and small group battles then that sounds ok. Perhaps try the ranger thread too.

Xarvacious: Guardian | Xarvo: Engineer | Achiles Augustus: Warrior
[HIRE]
TC

in WvW

Posted by: Alchemist.3692

Alchemist.3692

Hi,

Looking for help as I got my Ranger to 80 and have just enough Gold to buy one set -casual player. I came up with a build idea/design:

Ranged (SB) power build that has at least 15 in BM with strong (near perma) CC via Cripple+Immobilize chaining from pets+abilities to keep melee just out of melee range and enough power + CC to allow pet to eat away with me at ranged.

Ranged Control

I picked Ranger because it has a massive arsenal of ‘ranged control’ when factoring in pets (Wolf+Dog for example give 10 sec Cripple+4 sec KD+2sec Immob + 2sec Fear) rotate that with Muddy Terrian which lasts for 20sec on a 24sec CD and it looks like enough mitigation.

As for Conditions using -20% rune + -40% food so -60% conditions applied to me should be just about enough.

http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/ranger/?6.0|5.1g.h2|0.0.0.0.0.0|1c.79.1c.79.1c.79.1c.79.1c.79.1c.79|1g.9c.1g.9c.1g.9c.1g.9c.1g.9c.1g.9c|k28.f1.a6.a5.f5|15.7|4j.4w.4x.4q.55|e

Effective Power 3243.59
Damage Reduction 23.12%

Rangers are great if they’re mixed in with a big group.. otherwise mesmers love to stack conditions. Even if you have -60% condition duration you still have to stop attacking for a fair amount of time when stacked with confusion. As a mesmer I can keep up confusion on a ranger about 80% of the fight, it’s not very hard at all… scepter 3 skill, f2 for confusion shatter, nullfield/feedback, chaos armor, chaos storm (combo field) and then there’s iDuelist/iZerker/iWarden in a combo field. Torch skill 4 has a phantasm that throws balls of confusion (3 stacks) and gives me retaliation. So it would be hard against a mesmer. Then we can also trait our focus skills to reflect projectiles… this is a ranger killer right here.

Against a thief they output dmg way too fast for ranger skills to keep up.. you really have to be on your toes for them.

Guardians just tank everything you have and then output some burn retal and hammer/gs skill dmg.

Warrior… burst 100blade will probably wipe you.

Necro… too many conditions too frequently to really combat. Your healing spring is great but well of corruption will turn all boons into conditions so you gotta watch for that as well.

Eles.. IMO d/d ele is extremely OP amazing ability to heal, tank and dps. They are tough to take down even when 1vx. I’ve seen some really good eles fight 10+ and survive easily.

Engineer. Very tanky, tons of boons, lots of conditions (including confusion).

Tbh you have to be very good with your ranger… using your pets effectively and switching to gs will also probably be required. 1v1 rangers are lacking… but in a group you’ll probably be ok, esp if you use entwine or whatever that rooting skill is called and pick off ppl from a distance.

Regarding this part " (Wolf+Dog for example give 10 sec Cripple+4 sec KD+2sec Immob + 2sec Fear) "

Counters to it:
Mesmer: iLeap, Blink, Phase retreat, arcane thievery (gives 3 conditions to enemy and steals 3 boons), null field.
Thief: Steal, Shadowstep, they have a util skill some rolling move that cures all that, they can also remove conditions every three seconds in stealth… so main heal does stealth for 3s, removes burn bleed and poison, plus one other condition in the three seconds they’re stealthed. Shortbow skill 5 has amazing movement ability, crippled/imb or not.
Warrior: Can trait to remove immob and crip, warhorn removes cripple gives speed.
Necro: Wells, consume conditions, and I think some other options
Guardian: lots of condition removal, teleport which does burn as well, cleansing flame cures conditions and does around 1500+ burn dmg
Ele: too many things to list.

You just have to be really careful with your cycle of skills. I dont want to discourage you from using a ranger… but be ready to face some problems against players who know their profession well.

(edited by Alchemist.3692)

in WvW

Cempa.5619

So what you are saying in WvW most of the ‘roamers’ will pretty much negate SB ranged ranger…..In groups I can using a LB stand back 1500 and auto attack :/ I want to play not follow a zerg :/

in WvW

Posted by: Longtomsilver.8031

Longtomsilver.8031

WvWvW is the worst environment for the ranger, except you are looking for 1vs1 (but that’s not WvWvW)

- weak groupsupport
- pet can’t contribute to siege
- pet have problems in zerg situations to do anything
- fast firing low damage weapons/skills like SB auto or Barrage will hurt you more than the enemys (retal, confusion, reflection)
- nothing special like portals, bubbles, massdebuff/buff, …

(edited by Longtomsilver.8031)

in WvW

Posted by: Outatime.5183

Outatime.5183

Welcome to playing a Ranger in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: TallDan.6350

TallDan.6350

All the classes including ranger can be very effective in all aspects of WvW and although rangers are not the best 1v1 class they are far from terrible and can be highly effective and I have also seen some pretty tough 1v1 rangers. I have played sb/lb ranger in wvw a lot and got a lot of kills.

LB I hit from 1500m and my shots pass through you and hit your buddies as well no other class can do this.

SB I kite around and dodge like crazy stacking bleeds.

I used spider and bear as my pets spiders poison and immob and bears can tank for you and help with condi removal.

When it comes to attacking or defending walls LB ranger is boss you can get a lot of kills on people that can’t even hit you.

In small groups the ranger can be a great team member and in large groups you can hang back a little giving out damage but not taking any.

When it comes to soloing camps Rangers are one of the best as you can hide behind your pet and kite the npc’s.

All you need to do is find the strengths of your class and play to them.

This is my experience of actually playing a ranger and my kdr is pretty high, if I’m getting a lot more kills than deaths how can the class be bad?

Lady suzi ~ Human Guardian {} Gizmo Gregory ~ Asura Engineer
Firezof Arrows ~ Sylvari Ranger {} Hudeeni ~ Norn Mesmer
Ruins of Surmia [KoA]

(edited by TallDan.6350)

in WvW

Posted by: Longtomsilver.8031

Longtomsilver.8031

All the classes including ranger can be very effective in all aspects of WvW and although rangers are not the best 1v1 class they are far from terrible and can be highly effective and I have also seen some pretty tough 1v1 rangers. I have played sb/lb ranger in wvw a lot and got a lot of kills.

LB I hit from 1500m and my shots pass through you and hit your buddies as well no other class can do this.

I used spider and bear as my pets spiders poison and immob and bears can tank for you and help with condi removal.

When it comes to attacking or defending walls LB ranger is boss you can get a lot of kills on people that can’t even hit you.

In small groups the ranger can be a great team member and in large groups you can hang back a little giving out damage but not taking any.

When it comes to soloing camps Rangers are one of the best as you can hide behind your pet and kite the npc’s.

This is my experience of actually playing a ranger and my kdr is pretty high, if I’m getting a lot more kills than deaths how can the class be bad?

Are you talking about WvWvW or 1vs1?

Attacking Walls? Defend Walls? with Barrage? or your “obstucted” longbowarrows? or do you kick your pet off the wall, hoping that someone get slayed by his body?

Shots from LB will hit the ground right after the target, there is no magic bouncing to the next target, exept your enemys standing in one spot (and don’t move).

Everyone in WvWvW have a high kdr.
Do you know that every hit on an enemy will give you the kill to your stats?
It doesn’t matter if you kill him or your buddys as long as you hit him once.

I think we have a very different experience in WvWvW

PS:
I have played 7 professions to 80 (exotic gear) and played them at least for 2 weaks in WvWvW each.

in WvW

Cempa.5619

Could you share your thoughts on the build I am looking at?

in WvW

Posted by: Tribio.8531

Tribio.8531

The build you mentioned should be viable in WvW, but as was stated somewhere in this topic: The build will not get you the kills, it’s the skills you show when playing the build that will yield the rewards.. And for that I might add that there are quite some ranger builds available to you..

I love how you put the focus here on crowd control, but it surely depends on how you want to play in WvW. Do you want to zergball along, or would you rather roam (solo/small group) around the map and flip camps, sentries and even some towers?

For your reference: Small YT vid about WvW ranger gameplay (capping camps, …):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ty7MP6M5_9c

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Commander – Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe

in WvW

Cempa.5619

The build you mentioned should be viable in WvW, but as was stated somewhere in this topic: The build will not get you the kills, it’s the skills you show when playing the build that will yield the rewards.. And for that I might add that there are quite some ranger builds available to you..

I love how you put the focus here on crowd control, but it surely depends on how you want to play in WvW. Do you want to zergball along, or would you rather roam (solo/small group) around the map and flip camps, sentries and even some towers?

For your reference: Small YT vid about WvW ranger gameplay (capping camps, …):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ty7MP6M5_9c

Ill go see the video now but to answer your question:

I rather roam (solo/small group) around the map and flip camps, sentries and even some towers.

I’m sorry but I am not aware of ‘points’ for each player?

in WvW

Posted by: ChroNoS.6978

ChroNoS.6978

I use a full Power Vitality Toughness build with Greatsword + Sword/Dagger based on survivability/direct damage output. It’s one of the best builds I’ve come up with, especially for small scale WvW. I also use it with guild runs, and it’s just as good there(even though a longbow dps build would probably work better there.)

It really all just comes down to how well you can play as well as how well you know your class.

Best of luck

Qronuz – Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: Fenikkusu.1569

Fenikkusu.1569

You can do a lot with rangers in wvw. People just don’t know how to use them correctly.

I can show you my build etc. I have anti Mesmer builds that are hilarious

Selene Luminare [Commander/Elementalist]
Asiske [Fractals/Guardian]
Princess Mononoke [ Experimental/Ranger]

in WvW

Posted by: KStudios.2850

KStudios.2850

I don’t care what anyone says, I say go for it. I am a ranger, this is my main, and I seldom do anything outside of WvW. It is literally my home ingame. I run a LB/SB combo with a brown bear as a secondary condition remover and a wolf for knockdowns. As far as I’m concerned a melee ranger is a suicidal ranger, as we do NOT have the dps nor the armor rating to stand toe to toe with just about anyone in face to face combat. The only class I really have a great deal of trouble againts in a 1v1 is the DD ele (then again, most classes do. It’s practically godmode if used right).

Thieves aren’t so bad as long as you keep them in front of you as best you can (which really limits their damage output, they do almost double damage flanking/behind), kite, evade, and pack on whatever damage you can. As thieves on average only have about 12k-17k health. Don’t fret if the thief flees, a fleeing thief is no less a victory than a dead one (and very few classes can pin one down anyway). Feel free to try though. Entangle is your friend, and it does help.

Necros are terrible in my experience, you can literally dance and sidestep their ponderously slow main ranged attack (the dark gropey floating hand thing). Beyond that, watch out for the sigils and other nonsense they drop on the ground, don’t step on them obviously, and you’re golden. They also have some skill many of them like to use as a secondary health bar, but it’s often just delaying the inevitable.

As for Warriors/Guardians and other such heavy tanky classes. Same with Thieves, kite, evade, pack on the hurt heavy to chip them down. Some Guardians are quite literally unkillable due to their sheer amount of heals. In this case, just turn and go the other way. No point in dealing with that cause you can’t kill it, yet at the same time they’re so tanky they’ve sacrificed the vast majority of their own damage output. These fights can go on and on. Just turn and go.

Yumiko Togashii
Commander to [SLVR], Housepet to [GH]

in WvW

Fenikkusu.1569

It is a combination of build and skills that get you points respect etc

I’m princess mononoke the Norn. Feel free to ask me any and all questions concerning the builds you make.

in WvW

Posted by: ChroNoS.6978

ChroNoS.6978

As far as I’m concerned a melee ranger is a suicidal ranger, as we do NOT have the dps nor the armor rating to stand toe to toe with just about anyone in face to face combat.

Oh I wish you were on one of our opposing servers just so I could show how wrong you truly are!

Qronuz – Ranger

in WvW

Fenikkusu.1569

Meeee rangers are amazing what are you talking about. XD I’ll prove you all wrong in structured right now.

in WvW

Posted by: TallDan.6350

TallDan.6350

As for thoughts on your build it sounds like an OK build but you only list shortbow what is your secondary, also the ranger short bow does a lot of condition damage and you don’t seem to have any buffs for condi. Personally I have longbow with sigil of earth (oh the bleeds) as my primary and shortbow as my secondary but I run a power, condition dmg ranger.

Looking at your food, you could use healing spring for your condition removal and veggie pizza to boost your condition duration. I use a bear with healing spring, as I then have 2 ways to cleanse.

This is the ranger build I use: http://en.gw2codex.com/build/25067

@ Longtomsilver.8031: By kills I mean actually seeing the person, I’m targeting drop then either dpsing them to death or spiking them. I didn’t mean got a few hits on a guy that somebody else killed.

Most classes excel at certain aspects of WvW and although the ranger isn’t special at one particular thing, I feel the ranger is a very good all rounder and can be pretty useful in most situations.

Lady suzi ~ Human Guardian {} Gizmo Gregory ~ Asura Engineer
Firezof Arrows ~ Sylvari Ranger {} Hudeeni ~ Norn Mesmer
Ruins of Surmia [KoA]

in WvW

Fenikkusu.1569

Ranger sucks at wvw. This is established. XD my ranger isn’t useless.

But it don’t like playing because pet at sucks.

in WvW

Tribio.8531

Ranger sucks at wvw. This is established. XD my ranger isn’t useless.

But it don’t like playing because pet at sucks.

Troll a lot, do you?

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Fissure of Woe

in WvW

Fenikkusu.1569

I’m serious?

I only troll when I’m bored. I’ll prove it today that I’m not useless in wvw with a ranger. Hard to believe right.

in WvW

Tribio.8531

I’m serious?

I only troll when I’m bored. I’ll prove it today that I’m not useless in wvw with a ranger. Hard to believe right.

Nope, not at all.. Just don’t get it why you would post stuff that has (almost) nothing to do with the topic..
And trust me, I’m very aware that a ranger is awesome (in WvW, PvP, …). My main is a ranger, and she kicks kitten .

Fissure of Woe

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Use traps, shoot barrage, alt tab and troll in forums while waiting cool downs.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Fenikkusu.1569

Oh dude yay!

Someone who understands

Make me play my ranger again gogogo.

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

I like that the build uses all the trait lines. Don’t see that much and been trying to figure out a good one that does it. I’m going to try it.

I play LB/GS mainly and have great fun in WvW with my Ranger.

I’d say don’t listen to the people who say Ranger stinks, don’t bother. You can have fun playing any class in WvW. (It’s great fun to annoy someone with your pet from afar too. I know from they times I play other characters and get annoyed myself lol).

in WvW

Posted by: Pooka.3420

Pooka.3420

Rangers are the best skill based class in WvW. there are 2 builds to run.. you need 2 sets of gear though..

Highbeams(Druid) Pooka Pook(Ranger) – Yaks Bend

in WvW

Fenikkusu.1569

Dude I have so many sets it’s ridiculous

in WvW

Fenikkusu.1569

I use all trait lines on my ranger.

in WvW

Posted by: ghtchill.7613

ghtchill.7613

Rangers are great to play in WvW, if you know how to play it. I have an 80 Guardian and a 80 Ranger, both full exotics, etc. I enjoy playing my Ranger in WvW actually more than my Guardian. My Guardian gets more kills, but my Ranger is more fun I find.

My Ranger was mostly leveled (after 30) in WvW and is rarely anywhere else in the game. I play LB/SB, but I do not have anything invested in BM. For pets I use Lynx (great knock down with pounce and high dps) and bear. As someone else said, I get a lot more kills, than get killed on my Ranger. I think some people run them down because they have not invested the amount of time it takes to learn to play a Ranger successfully in WvW.

But Rangers are all round very useful in WvW and fun to play once you learn how, and small groups are always happy to have a Ranger along when taking camps, etc. As for your build, it’s not one I have tried, but seems interesting.

TC

in WvW

Posted by: DarkNorse.1546

DarkNorse.1546

Hi,

Ranged Control

Effective Power 3243.59
Damage Reduction 23.12%

My first 80 was a ranger and is the main character I use for WvW. The build you have here sounds pretty interesting and definitely could work. What I’ve learned most with playing a ranger in WvW is that you really have to tailor the build to your play style and then whether or not you are successful with it depends on your ability. You have to play a little differently against all different classes when you get in 1v1 situations. Like someone above said, mesmers are probably the worst prof for a ranger to go up against. You can still beat them, it varies from mesmer to mesmer, but if they are spamming confusion, you pretty much just have to step back and stop attacking. Healing spring will get rid of one condition when you pop it but only one and then you have a c/d.

Thieves are the same way, I do very well against some thieves and others do very well against me. The tricks I’ve learned to use against thieves are first, switch to lb, if you get rapid shot off before they cloak it will stay locked onto them, then obviously a thieve is gonna try to get in close, use barrage on yourself and traps if you are using them. In those situations, as with mesmers, it all really just depends on the player skill, and the abilities and gear setups each player is using. Not all thieves and mesmers are OP but some are.

The build I use is a Precision/Toughness/Condition Damage build with some Power and Crit sprinkled in. Everything exotic of course with a couple ascended trinkets. All of my armor has Rune of the Undead, LB has Superior Sigil of Force and SB has Superior Sigil of Earth. For skills I use Spike Trap, Frost Trap, Signet of the Hunt and Entangle. I could probably switch Signet of the Hunt for something more useful in combat but I don’t like running slow. The biggest thing you’ll find playing a ranger in WvW is that in a group and when attacking/defending a wall/gate, rangers are awesome. Barrage does a ton of damage, running into the middle of a group and using entangle and then dodging out is great.

So my suggestion is test out your build, see if it fits with your playstyle and then tweak it from there, I’ve done a ton of tweaking to my ranger’s build from when I started and I still adjust things every so often. But I would say, especially if you are just a casual player, find the build that you have the most fun playing, I have a blast with my ranger in WvW which is why I haven’t really bothered using any other professions for it, although I am leveling a mesmer to use in WvW also.

Hope that helps some. Sorry for the wall of text.

Jaarlsbane 80 Norn Ranger
Warriors and Rebels – [WaR]
Gates of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Olujiwan Risengard.8721

Olujiwan Risengard.8721

I find myself enjoying my guardian far more. I have an 80 ranger but in WvW the only usefull skill is the 5 on the longbow and the Elite vine skill.

Aselia Aegis – Heavy Support WvWvW Guardian
Noxiva Shadowstep – Glass Cannon WvWvW Ranger
Olujiwan Risengard – Heavy Tank WvWvW Warrior

in WvW

Pooka.3420

I teach how to play Ranger : ) for lots and lots of gold.

for the record.. Pooka wouldn’t run any of the builds you’ve posted.. ever…

(edited by Pooka.3420)

in WvW

Pooka.3420

well.. if your teaching for free.. and they kick you out.. the story ends itselfs

in WvW

Fenikkusu.1569

But I came from that game.

It’s boring as a kitty. That’s why I’m in gw2.

Played wow for years yo. Panda is sitting and rotting because of gw2

in WvW

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

Hi,

Ranged Control

Effective Power 3243.59
Damage Reduction 23.12%

Depends on whats you want to do

Solo, you’ll get creamed

But you should be fine in Zerg Fights

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator.2608

Moderator.2608

Hi! We had to remove some postings here. Please stick to the topic at hand.
Thanks for your understanding!

in WvW

Cempa.5619

Hi,

Ranged Control

Effective Power 3243.59
Damage Reduction 23.12%

Solo, you’ll get creamed

I like to roam and get camps and some towers, the idea of so much control is that I should be able to handle other roaming players so any feedback is appreciated and thanks

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Try apothecary with a condition build. Tanky as all getup. Tons of condition damage to melt face (no physical damage or crit though). Still all the great mobility.

in WvW

Posted by: Linkisdead.9647

Linkisdead.9647

Everytime I see a thread about Rangers it reminds me of just how small the amount of people that actually understand the class is.

If you want some tips on a sick roaming build, PM me. I’m not going to bother trying to educate the masses anymore, its pointless.

With the right traits and slot skills Rangers can be a nightmare 1v1. Don’t listen to people who try to say we can’t beat x class, its ignorant gibberish. I beat mesmers and thieves in duels every single day, mesmers can be tricky if you aren’t used to fighting them one on one. Thieves on the other hand are not very difficult to put down with my build.

Sig
[sYn] Borlis Pass

in WvW

Posted by: Sarlack.4096

Sarlack.4096

Cempa, Rangers do FINE in all aspects of WvW. If someone tells you otherwise they:

A) Don’t play the class
B) Don’t understand the class
C) Suck on the class
D) All of the above

I only roam on my Ranger, majority of the time solo (~70%/30% small man with guildies) I hold my own in 1v1 vs all types, win a fair amount of 1vX encounters.

That being said I am NOT FoTM Condition/Healing, I run LB/SB Toughness/Healing/BM build and in casual play 3-5 days a week a couple of hours a session have over 2500 badges banked on 8K kills (once again I rarely if ever Zerg Surf as it’s not my preferred play style)

Cempa, don’t let negative feedback discourage you from finding a build you enjoy, refining it and making it work….as the saying goes “There more than one way to skin a Cat” =)

in WvW

Xsorus.2507

Hi,

Ranged Control

Effective Power 3243.59
Damage Reduction 23.12%

Solo, you’ll get creamed

I like to roam and get camps and some towers, the idea of so much control is that I should be able to handle other roaming players so any feedback is appreciated and thanks

Recommend BM bunker if you like to do that.

Condition Version, this allows you to roam and kill, not to mention murder Supply Camps

(edited by Xsorus.2507)

in WvW

Xsorus.2507

Movie showing how fast i can murder a supply camp as a BM bunker build.

in WvW

Alchemist.3692

I can show you my build etc. I have anti Mesmer builds that are hilarious

I’d love to see this. Mesmers usually overwhelm rangers… so I’m very interested in seeing this work. I would say it’s probably you as a player rather than the build, and the other mesmer not knowing how to counter it properly… but please do share. I’d love a good laugh =)

in WvW

Alchemist.3692

So what you are saying in WvW most of the ‘roamers’ will pretty much negate SB ranged ranger…..In groups I can using a LB stand back 1500 and auto attack :/ I want to play not follow a zerg :/

LB will probably work better for you if you want to keep some distance since the fire rate will allow you to react in time for any confusion stacks/reflect/retal abilities… SB on the other hand.. because of it’s rapid fire you’ll drain at least half your hp before you even realize. Otherwise pair it up with something melee… gs is pretty popular, and I’ve seen some people do really well with sword. Really comes down to play style and knowing your own abillities along with your opponent’s

in WvW

Alchemist.3692

Wonderful for camps, but I’m not sure how it would work pvp? those stacks of bleed were really nice though… any videos vs players? I’m curious to see how it works out with ppl who use condition removals/transfers

in WvW

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

Rangers are awesome in wvw and spvp currently. I don’t care about PvE.

BeeGee
Beast mode

in WvW

Xsorus.2507

Wonderful for camps, but I’m not sure how it would work pvp? those stacks of bleed were really nice though… any videos vs players? I’m curious to see how it works out with ppl who use condition removals/transfers

Ehh

That’s my latest

I have more on my channel

in WvW

Tribio.8531

With the right traits and slot skills Rangers can be a nightmare 1v1. Don’t listen to people who try to say we can’t beat x class, its ignorant gibberish.

Hear hear!

Fissure of Woe

in WvW

Posted by: MuddyTear.5703

MuddyTear.5703

The ranger class can be usefull in wvw.. Mind you, total lack of blast finish completly nerfs the class for group play… But about your build… Beastmaster traiting…Much beter places for those points in wvw… As broken pet mechanice. lol F2 attack… And the pets realy bad survivabilty in aoe. Is why I say that… Bring a bear…swap to on seigeing to avoid long cd to… pro tip… I have a sweet custom build I made for wvw.. Never going to share… But with it I can run front line in 60v60 fights and live…The ranger built and played right can do everything but group support.. Be it large fight, small fights, or 1v1.. Yes, any class… 1V1

(edited by MuddyTear.5703)