Can't really do the daily in WvW anymore

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Just another kick in the head for the “end game”. Oh well…

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

aye…….. ? why not ……… ?

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

Because he dies too much.

muhahahaha

~Dailies on Herr~

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in WvW

Posted by: Altie.4571

Altie.4571

Unless you are having some trouble reading, it actually just got easier to do the daily in WvW.

/ponder

When scientists discover the center of the universe,
a lot of people will be disappointed they are not it.

in WvW

azizul.8469

WvW is the place i go if there are " kill veterans" and “event” daily…… cap sentry, you get 2 in 1…

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

The OP is referring to the fact that you can’t do it all in WvW any more not even with the so called choice.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

azizul.8469

can you clarify why cannot….. i still dont see it….

in WvW

Posted by: Altie.4571

Altie.4571

That’s silly, you only need 5 events and you most definitely can do 5 in WvW. Heck, you can get 5 daily items in WvW twice as fast as in PvE.

So please, stop nitpicking.

When scientists discover the center of the universe,
a lot of people will be disappointed they are not it.

in WvW

morrolan.9608

This is the new list at least for today:

10 WvW invader kills
40 kills in ascalonian zones
40 kills in Norn(?) zones
1 fractal
5 sidekicked events(you’re downleveled)
10 salvages
3 skill points
20 gathering

Even if one still had skill points to do in WvW a player can’t do 5 in WvW.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Posted by: Eduardo.4675

Eduardo.4675

Thats wrong.
I have only one pve only daily: group events, need 2 of them. I need to go Orr or something to get this one faster/easier. Thats all.

Adapt or die. I never die.

in WvW

Posted by: SmokeyNYY.7841

SmokeyNYY.7841

you only need 5 events out of all of them. So you can still do it all in WvW

in WvW

morrolan.9608

you only need 5 events out of all of them. So you can still do it all in WvW

Out of that list 3 can be done in WvW, 4 if you still have skill points to get, not 5.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Posted by: kfarb.6732

kfarb.6732

Cool, don’t hog slots to do your daily.

Maguuma – considered by many to be the best

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Thats wrong.
I have only one pve only daily: group events, need 2 of them. I need to go Orr or something to get this one faster/easier. Thats all.

Grub, Arboreal Spirit and whateverotherbossgreenareahave are group events…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Roo Stercogburn.9671

Roo Stercogburn.9671

If you are lvl80 and level up 3 times from xp in WvW, will that get you your daily skill points? Might be a bit of a struggle though from the xp requirement.

I do all my ‘Event’ requirements in WvW usually. I find it actually easier than doing them in PvE.

Still, it does seem biased towards forcing you to do PvE.

Master Baker on Gunnars Hold serving you hot cookies.
Looney vids at http://www.youtube.com/feed/UCRhCtfrF9GhxU1CoeZSN0kQ/u
Midnight Mayhem

in WvW

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

They’re not the same set of 10 or whatever options. The whole list will change every day. And no, you couldn’t do the whole list yesterday in WvW.

(FIRST)10 WvW invader kills
40 kills in ascalonian zones – can’t, no WvW maps are “ascalonian” maps
40 kills in Norn(?) zones – can’t, no WvW maps are “Norn” maps
1 fractal – Duh.
5 sidekicked events(you’re downleveled) – Can’t – there is no downleveling in WvW at all
(SECOND) 10 salvages
(THIRD) 3 skill points – possible, but I usually get about a skill point per 90 minutes in WvW
(FOURTH) 20 gathering

So likely 3, max of 4 in wvw.
Not that I didn’t still go to PvE and finish it, but I’ve been doing the dailies in WvW only since their introduction, and only a couple times gone to PvE when it was slow in WvW and needed “healer”.

That being said, it’s still not going to be hard to do them.

in WvW

Posted by: ghtchill.7613

ghtchill.7613

Whaaaa? I haven’t had time to log into the game yet after downloading the patch. So we have to do a Fractals to get the daily now? Is this correct?

TC

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Whaaaa? I haven’t had time to log into the game yet after downloading the patch. So we have to do a Fractals to get the daily now? Is this correct?

You can, but you don’t need to… You only need to fulfill 5 of the objectives on the list, and the list vary… Today’s list have no fractals:

- Daily Kill Variety (13)
- Daily Aquatic Slayer (25)
- Daily Gatherer (20)
- Peronal Story Completer (1)
- Daily Healer (10)
- Mystic Forge Smith (5)
- Keg Brawl Stealer (5)
- Group Event (2)
- Invader Kills (10)

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: sazaw.1347

sazaw.1347

10 WvW invader kills
1 fractal <<<<<<<<<<<< are you serious?
10 salvages
3 skill points
20 gathering

OP is right! I can’t get laural at least for today

Wrath T – Asura Necro | Don Hohenheim – Norn Guard | Bellcroxx – Human Mesmer
[DKJ] – Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: gaspara.4079

gaspara.4079

They’re not the same set of 10 or whatever options. The whole list will change every day. And no, you couldn’t do the whole list yesterday in WvW.

1 fractal – Duh.
5 sidekicked events(you’re downleveled) – Can’t – there is no downleveling in WvW at all
(SECOND) 10 salvages
(THIRD) 3 skill points – possible, but I usually get about a skill point per 90 minutes in WvW
(FOURTH) 20 gathering

Not that I didn’t still go to PvE and finish it, but I’ve been doing the dailies in WvW only since their introduction, and only a couple times gone to PvE when it was slow in WvW and needed “healer”.

You only listed 8 total options when there are 9. My list matched the list the guy posted later with the kill variety and stuff, so I have no idea where this list came from or what the 9th is but I bet it can be done in WvW giving you a possible 5/5.

in WvW

Posted by: Hejjin.1697

Hejjin.1697

1 fractal – Duh.
(SECOND) 10 salvages
(FOURTH) 20 gathering

You only listed 8 total options when there are 9. My list matched the list the guy posted later with the kill variety and stuff, so I have no idea where this list came from or what the 9th is but I bet it can be done in WvW giving you a possible 5/5.

That list is from yesterday after the patch went live and before the daily got reset. So personally, I completed 2 dailies yesterday.

Some of the events that used to count towards the daily no longer do, I have not yet been into WvW so I am not sure why group events will be counted as yet.

in WvW

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

10 WvW invader kills
10 salvages
3 skill points
20 gathering

You only need to do 5 of those =.= so no you don’t “need” to do a fractal. You can do 3-4 of those in WvW.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in WvW

Posted by: sazaw.1347

sazaw.1347

10 WvW invader kills
10 salvages
3 skill points
20 gathering

You only need to do 5 of those =.= so no you don’t “need” to do a fractal. You can do 3-4 of those in WvW.

Oh? that’s great then. Thx for the info ^^

Wrath T – Asura Necro | Don Hohenheim – Norn Guard | Bellcroxx – Human Mesmer
[DKJ] – Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

The daily is designed to push users into parts of the game they might not play very often to see if they like that content and might enjoy other aspects of the game. At worst it is a 10 minute or less diversion into PvE.

If you played after reset, that was one daily and then at 7pm EST it reset so there were two dailies yesterday.

I remember something about being told that if all I wanted to do was WvW I could and would have the same benefits as someone who only plays PvE. Now I understand I will never get a legendary, because that is a PvE only thing apparently. However, I should have access to the same stats as the best gear in the game, which is ascended gear right now. There are only 2 ways to get that kind of gear that I know of, and neither are solely obtainable in WvW.

I don’t care about looks, I just want the stats.

in WvW

Posted by: Ventus.9483

Ventus.9483

Thankfully they change, but as OP says, at most 4/5 of those original day one choices were WvW able. I missed my whole days laurel cos of this. Hoping its easier today :// Maybe its not as bad up the tiers with your better coverage and populations, but down at the bottom, every little helps, and one actually able and skilled person could make or break a group siege or tower defence and I can’t afford to be out in the wider world doing a daily when there’s a fight to be won and my guild needs me active and available

[TEO] Cloaa
Whiteside Ridge
I’m in your zerg, cleaving it hard

in WvW

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

Thats wrong.

Hah! Hah! Defend ____ keep is a group event.

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

I see. I had trouble understanding the OP, but now I get it. It was simply a function of the dailies available on the list on that first day. Today, 5 can easily be done in WvW. That said, I don’t think there should be any list that a player cannot complete 5 from solely in WvW, just as every list should include 5 that can be completed solely in PvE.

I think Anet should set certain priorities in the daily build list rather than being random, so that there are always (every day) 5 dailies that can be completed in both areas of the game.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Slamz.5376

Slamz.5376

I hate dailies in general.

I don’t particularly like it when I’m modifying my gameplay, often in some stupid direction, just to get the daily.

Like I could help you out with that NPC and save you….
…but I could also really use another healer point for the daily. Down you go!

Or there’s really no reason to sit here and kill krait. It’s not worth much and I don’t enjoy it…
…but I need more aquatic kills.

I’m sure the idea is to make people spread out into other aspects of the game but if I enjoyed those aspects, you wouldn’t need a daily to prod me into doing them.

Camelot Unchained – from the makers of DAOC
A game that’s 100% WvW
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

in WvW

Posted by: Dokyo.3685

Dokyo.3685

Thats wrong.

Hah! Hah! Defend ____ keep is a group event.

I’m pretty sure it’s not, the only group events I can think of in WvW are the PvE ones to kills the champion npcs that spawn. Which is stupid thing to have in WvW anyway.

Ketseras
Crystal Desert – Tonic [Lime]

in WvW

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

I remember something about being told that if all I wanted to do was WvW I could and would have the same benefits as someone who only plays PvE. Now I understand I will never get a legendary, because that is a PvE only thing apparently. However, I should have access to the same stats as the best gear in the game, which is ascended gear right now. There are only 2 ways to get that kind of gear that I know of, and neither are solely obtainable in WvW.

I don’t care about looks, I just want the stats.

I have never seen a dev quote that all dailies should be accomplished solely in WvW. I would like to read it if someone could link that statement. Legendaries also require badges from WvW even if those can be gotten from the JP and completion that requires WvW points.

They have also said they want to introduce ways to get laurels in WvW and I suspect we may see that in March. Until then 10 minutes to complete a task in PvE is not a big deal at all IMO.

Read what I posted. Right now dailies are the only way a WvW’er can get ascended gear. I only play WvW and because of that I’m at a disadvantage from people who grind PvE to get ascended gear. This is not how it should be.

There should be no benefit or disadvantage from playing either solely. Right now WvW can’t get ascended gear, and with the way they changed dailies, it may even be harder. I have 1 piece of ascended gear that I got last month, it took me 25 days to get it. 225 more days (prob more because i’ll have to wait for the month to be up) and I’ll have full ascended gear….. yay..