Crystal Desert vs Darkhaven vs Yak's Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Subtle.4596

Subtle.4596

Actually – The halloween stuff more than likely worked in YaksBend’s favor. With the coverage that CD has and the fact that mostly the only people who are WvW this week are the major PvPers on the server (less of a zerg) – Reduces the (bandwagon) server transfers off the server. This is going to allow us to be strong next week after the MK stuff is over.

Subtle/Not Subtle
80Thief/80Guard
Yaksbend Commander

in WvW

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

the added hurricane issue this week isn’t helping much either – millions without power on the east coast now. CD would still probably have the upper hand with their coverage – but our capping runs would have been more intense.

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

in WvW

Posted by: Darkothe.1253

Darkothe.1253

Jumps in to cheer on CD

in WvW

Posted by: Ilshenar.7142

Ilshenar.7142

Grimsprocket the mad bomber engineer from CD here I have no doubt that if we didn’t have the most amazing Malaysian/Singapore/Australian teams the score would be close to neck and neck for all teams.

I don’t know if it was Yacks or DH that had those 2 golem’s at 11:00 ish but you burst into SM, claimed it and in the time it took me to build a treb at wildcreek (with help) and take down the walls you were on our fully forted WC base making it yours……you guys were ruthless.

I have much respect for all players on Yacks and DH, keep up the good fight. And please ignore me on the battlefield

in WvW

Posted by: Hakato.9650

Hakato.9650

Hey guys, someone from Borlis Pass here. Just stopping in to cheer on my friend’s server. go CD!!

Server – Borlis Pass
Guild – FIST Leader
Main Toon – Razzer Fel Level 80 Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Osskil.1029

Osskil.1029

Jumps in to cheer on CD

aw yiss

Lord Osskilian – Mesmer
Sanctum of Rall – [Choo]

in WvW

Posted by: harimaken.2516

harimaken.2516

Score update. Ard 8.40 pacific time.

Attachments:

in WvW

Osskil.1029

Score update. Ard 8.40 pacific time.

Come on Yak’s and Darkhaven! I want you guys to take over the map so I have work to do.. after work

Lord Osskilian – Mesmer
Sanctum of Rall – [Choo]

in WvW

Posted by: Ambrosiaa.6054

Ambrosiaa.6054

So much respect for Yak’s bend and DH. You guys even continue to upgrade all your stuff everyday when you take it back even though you know you might not have much coverage later on to hold it. You guys are great servers who don’t give up. Based on what i’ve seen of CD for the past few weeks, i think if we were in your position we would have given up by now ;p

in WvW

Posted by: Kazak.8459

Kazak.8459

Well it’s actually worth playing so far, it’s not a total blow out, so it’s still fun.

-just another yakker

in WvW

Osskil.1029

Well it’s actually worth playing so far, it’s not a total blow out, so it’s still fun.

-just another yakker

Looks like I moved servers just to fight you again Kazak :p

Lord Osskilian – Mesmer
Sanctum of Rall – [Choo]

in WvW

Kazak.8459

hahaha Osskil, CD is a strong server. I’ve died many times to that kitten [KA] guild, those guys are too organized! Hope you like your stay there Osskil, and see you on the battlefield!

in WvW

Posted by: FuzzyStarburst.3071

FuzzyStarburst.3071

Why don’t you guys double team CD? It’s not a dirty way to win, the only dirty way to win is hacking. One of you contact the other and get some teamwork going.

in WvW

Ilshenar.7142

I think they have double Teamed us, I seem to remember one of the times we had SM and yaks was on one side attacking and DH on the other side.

in WvW

Posted by: fivekiller.1432

fivekiller.1432

Why don’t you guys double team CD? It’s not a dirty way to win, the only dirty way to win is hacking. One of you contact the other and get some teamwork going.

to double team anyone more than one of our servers would have to be online at once.

all joking aside though, @Ilshenar
thats just the way SM works. its a big fat albatross sitting on the center of the map with entrances from every angle.

-Desirz Matheon

in WvW

Ricky.4706

in a way i feel bad for cd, they may go up in ranks because of their wvw skills, but they will attract the bad seeds of wvw and lose credit for them- like every other server that gets well organized and populated with competitive pvp’rs. winning too much is no fun, getting destroyed is no fun – epic battles is where the fun is at. I wonder if doing away with scores all together will make it less interesting for cheaters in all servers. The most fun I’ve had in wvw, had nothing at all to do with having a top score.

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

in WvW

Posted by: Deathcarlyle.6075

Deathcarlyle.6075

I always hate seeing posts like this. One or two idiots do not account for the servers credibility.

It was about 4-5, not one or two and I haven’t posted the other countless videos….

What are you trying to prove with this post? You cant make the claim the only reason CD is winning at the moment is due to some BS hackers. To make this claim and act like your server or any server in GW2 has No hackers is just ignorant. This is a lame attempt to flame our server (CD), Pointless post Read these forums many hackers have it from not only our side YB had some Hacker issues and im sure Dh has there share of them.
So dont make these pointless post

in WvW

Ilshenar.7142

@fivekiller ah ok thanks for the heads up….This is really only my first week playing in WvW so I’m still trying to figure stuff out.

in WvW

Posted by: Insidious.9460

Insidious.9460

lol, everyone always says post proof or it didn’t happen. Well there is the proof , and cd is cring over it.

in WvW

Posted by: Aliases.8354

Aliases.8354

I always hate seeing posts like this. One or two idiots do not account for the servers credibility.

It was about 4-5, not one or two and I haven’t posted the other countless videos….

What are you trying to prove with this post? You cant make the claim the only reason CD is winning at the moment is due to some BS hackers. To make this claim and act like your server or any server in GW2 has No hackers is just ignorant. This is a lame attempt to flame our server (CD), Pointless post Read these forums many hackers have it from not only our side YB had some Hacker issues and im sure Dh has there share of them.
So dont make these pointless post

I was just saying don’t feel bad seeing as a majority of hacker videos comes from CD that’s all…don’t get so touchy jeez.

Plus I am almost certain in this thread or the other, several people have seen CD hacking and called them out publicly here, so…just saying if you got a guilty conscience

(edited by Aliases.8354)

in WvW

Osskil.1029

I don’t think anyone is crying – but I do think you and whoever else is claiming that CD is a hacker server with sweeping generalizations is an idiot. Reality check – look at every single Wv3 match up thread on this forum since it started and you will see people blaming hackers on each server. Why is that you ask? Because every server is home to some of these morons, and until Arenanet does something to fix it, it will continue to happen. Does that mean that CD or any other server is relying on these types of things to win games? No. It just means that someone (that possibly has server hopped) is in this to cause problems and ruin fun for all 3 servers involved.

Lord Osskilian – Mesmer
Sanctum of Rall – [Choo]

in WvW

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

Plenty of hacking going on from DH and YB as well, possibly more but it’s often more obvious when you are the victim rather than the beneficiary. All servers have hackers.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

in WvW

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

Darkhaven has had hackers multiple times in it’s past. It’s not even worth mentioning, at all. Hackers exist, people can’t choose what server they exist on. It’s no different than blaming a group of people for a tornado. They can’t choose that it would happen—it simply did.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Posted by: Deathcarlyle.6075

Deathcarlyle.6075

if i can see a youtube CD Hackers vid that isnt that Bane guy ill be surprised cause most the vids are of the same guy. As for crying i think its the other way around you posting this like we are a full out hacking server shows that your just mad about loosing as if winning or loosing even matters in Wv3

in WvW

Ricky.4706

wvw on dh is a ghost town now – if we had a hacker on ….we’d have 3 orbs and 1 player rofl

in WvW

Kazak.8459

Most likely it’s the same dude hopping servers and hacking orbs. If the orb is observed being hacked and reported, as a server you have a way to fix it (see Yak’s a few weeks ago). No reason for a few idiots to ruin the fun for all of us.

I’ve seen CD put out awesome WvW tactics, so it does seem they belong in higher bracket. I don’t think we as Yaks have enough WvW population and guilds to compete. The organized guilds on our server play mostly NA prime times.

in WvW

Ricky.4706

sadly enough, the corrupt practices are a standard in the higher brackets. So CD wouldn’t last without it. Tier 1 is not at all fun.

in WvW

Osskil.1029

Yak’s had someone on their server hack an orb, and their commanders were respectful enough to give it back. Hopefully ours will do the same. That being said though – again – a handful of idiots do not speak for the entire server.

Lord Osskilian – Mesmer
Sanctum of Rall – [Choo]

in WvW

Ricky.4706

while the cheaters do not represent the whole server….it’s like a glass of water …1 drop of ink makes the whole glass tainted. The fact is the cheaters affect the score for everyone in the match. so it’s kind of irrelevant

in WvW

Osskil.1029

while the cheaters do not represent the whole server….it’s like a glass of water …1 drop of ink makes the whole glass tainted. The fact is the cheaters affect the score for everyone in the match. so it’s kind of irrelevant

What exactly do you propose that the offending server do then? As I said, Yak’s has already returned one ill gotten orb, and hopefully CD will return the favor. That being said, no individual player can stop these losers from doing what they do, so pointing your finger at a server and saying ’YOU’RE CHEATERS’ isn’t a very fair or rational response.

Instead, focus on reporting the people doing this, and sending in the videos/screenshots/evidence to Anet to hopefully prevent this stuff in the future.

This match is very close and I hope it remains that way.

Lord Osskilian – Mesmer
Sanctum of Rall – [Choo]

in WvW

Ricky.4706

until anet fixes those issues – scores are irrelevant and epic battles are where the fun is at. If a server can’t provide fun epic battles – large or small …then it’s time to go back to pve.

in WvW

Posted by: ImmortalZodd.6871

ImmortalZodd.6871

team up isn’t the problem, its all our servers seam to have different prime time’s for players. from my experience YB has taken back there boarderlands every night, it has taken pretty much all day with the few CD and DH that will hold down defensivly, the matches this past weekend where the closest we got to having each of our servers having a large amount of players on around the same time to make it a very close match, and it was a lot of fun, then weekdays hit and everyone has work and is in different time zone’s so they have larger numbers at different times of day leading to large amounts of PvD, with a few defenders from other servers. Again this is just my experience on YB boarder lands the last few nights.

i am not giving up but i know that what ever we take tonight will be gone in the morning, and it will be all green from players half way around the world in a polar opposite time zone. i would like to know if the CD guys who get on when most of us North Americans are asleep are even facing any resistance at all or just steamrolling through the map?

i know there are still a decent size CD during our prime time who put up a good fight to keep us from quickly taking our stuff back, and it usually takes us all day to get it back.

i can say as far as YB goes i think we are in the right tier (4) or if we get a good match up next week with Eredon Terrace and Fort Aspenwood maybe we can break into tier (3). but right now we are dead mid pack as far as all the servers go, we have great commanders and a community mumble server to communicate we just need more people using it and logging into WvW more often.

in WvW

Posted by: Zilm.8459

Zilm.8459

From a Yak’s member, CD did not win this battle because of one person hacking, or three people hacking. As stated, all severs have hacking issues due to the actions of a few. No problem stating in the forums that it happened, but let’s not claim an entire server to be “hackers”. We all know this is not the case.

CD is winning due to server population and coverage. It’s been a fun fight this week. Gratz to CD. You deserve the win.

To fellow Yak members, it’s been nice to see us grow as a server and commanders taking charge effectively. When we play smart we do extremely well. I enjoy Wv3 with you guys! Keep up the fight and never say die.

Zed Trufar, Mesmer
Zaine Trufar, Thief
Yak’s Bend, Knights and Heroes Guild [Beer]

in WvW

Osskil.1029

Shout out to Zilm – Very mature response. Yak’s has been awesome to fight, and as I said – very respectful group of people, especially your commanders or whoever is the head of your alliance – returning stolen orbs.

Lord Osskilian – Mesmer
Sanctum of Rall – [Choo]

in WvW

Ilshenar.7142

Lets find a dead server and have all the CD, Yaks and DH W3 people transfer, Including our after hours teams, then we would have an unstoppable 24/7 killing machine!!!

in WvW

Posted by: sonicwylde.2906

sonicwylde.2906

As to CD having server population, not sure, we lost 2 or 3 large WvW guilds to SoS because of last weeks match, so I know our WvW population went down, but I know a couple of the other WvW guilds are rallying their more casual WvW players to play more often because of it.

So maybe we just balanced out our population a little more.

in WvW

Posted by: Hekatombaion.4320

Hekatombaion.4320

Then all three servers are inky. So far as we can tell that one drop of ink is making every glass inky.

I did really appreciate the Yak’s commander a few nights back letting the other team (CD?) take back an orb that was hacked from them, but I can see how most of the time it wouldn’t be possible to get all the ducks lined up for that kind of hand off.

Italucuc[KH] – 80 Mesmer – Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

i can say as far as YB goes i think we are in the right tier (4) or if we get a good match up next week with Eredon Terrace and Fort Aspenwood maybe we can break into tier (3). but right now we are dead mid pack as far as all the servers go, we have great commanders and a community mumble server to communicate we just need more people using it and logging into WvW more often.

FA player here. I’ve been following this discussion out of curiosity and am really excited to play against you guys next match. Since TC and CD have earned their place in Tier 3 and HoD is on its way down, next match decides who gets the privilege of being the final T3 server. But if you guys are having coverage problems against CD just as we had against TC, neither of us will have fun in that tier.

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]

in WvW

Kazak.8459

Arcadio, are you guys NA prime time server or do you have Asia/Australia coverage as well? We are pretty dead at night

in WvW

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

FA is incredibly strong during NA primetime (we were beating TC after the reset in our previous match) and dead at night. We are trying to recruit EU/Oceanic guilds right now. We still lose ground to Maguuma and Dragonbrand during our off hours though and they don’t exactly have great coverage either.

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]

in WvW

Posted by: Raffie.7865

Raffie.7865

Its almost FRIDAY….. will be nice to get a fresh run at things.

www.infowars.com and also lookup Agenda 21
www.graystatemovie.com its coming if you like it or not.

in WvW

Ricky.4706

@Hekatombaion I agree – and will not even try to defend vs this point because the core players of the server have no control of who comes into our server. So when I discredit scores – it’s not because a server isn’t good…it’s because there are factors no server has control over that affects a legit score. This is why I’m particularly happy with darkhaven, losing scores don’t affect our morale and we just focus on having one epic fight at a time when everyone is on. It certainly has helped make wvw more fun. Looking / watching scores and aiming for a win …isn’t fun…it’s more stressful than anything. One epic battle at a time

in WvW

Posted by: Zee.7498

Zee.7498

Shout out to our Yak’s Bend and Darkhaven foes. Big shout out to all the KA haters as well!

Non fui, fui, non sum, non curo

in WvW

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

I would like to apologize to my fellow yak’s bend for not being there this week due to halloween. And here it seems to have been a good week too

in WvW

Ricky.4706

it’s not too late to join in on the fun, yaks and DH have a temporary alliance to take down CD – CD will love us for it ..after we put em in 3rd place, then we can duke it out for first!! O.o

in WvW

Posted by: SausageStorm.4293

SausageStorm.4293

it’s not too late to join in on the fun, yaks and DH have a temporary alliance to take down CD – CD will love us for it ..after we put em in 3rd place, then we can duke it out for first!! O.o

Why do people always assume this? There never was or will be a “server alliance” no matter what the circumstance. The reason you feel like you’re being 2v1’d is because that’s a usual strategy used by not only my guild, but multiple guilds within the game.

The other two teams are focusing on each other > use distraction to take a keep/tower.

BAM! You just got “2v1’d”.

in WvW

Ricky.4706

yeah – i’ve yet to see an alliance work – but so what ? lol

was just in a fight where the gates were up and we got swarmed from the inside. the score is not real ….when DH is on….people jump!

in WvW

Posted by: Xarucard.8643

Xarucard.8643

It’s been a weird matchup this week. It just feels like each server is catching each other as their population in wvw goes down. All 3 servers seem to have different peak periods. It just feels like 1 minute a server is taking stuff, then next minute the other server is taking stuff, then the other and repeat. It’s really hard to get a grasp of this match except for the fact CD is able to sustain coverage longer. The very few times where it felt like each server had queues had some great battles.

Yak’s, Dark’s and fellow CD’ers. I think this is a great match that demonstrates that scores doesn’t matter and we’re all logging into WvW to have fun. It’s nice to see that each server is pushing numbers even when they log on and most, if not all their stuff is gone.

My respect goes to everyone in this match (cept for the hackers, they can go.. well…. you know….). It’s been great and lots of fun, and hopefully it’s been the same for everyone.

in WvW

Posted by: jmap.1764

jmap.1764

It’s been a weird matchup this week. It just feels like each server is catching each other as their population in wvw goes down. All 3 servers seem to have different peak periods. It just feels like 1 minute a server is taking stuff, then next minute the other server is taking stuff, then the other and repeat.

It seemed like that in CD borderlands, DH zerg took basically the whole map + orb. About the time they tried to take Crag, reinforcements came – shout out to Chaos Angels [CA]! After that it was either the DH zerg left to another borderlands or was handling the yaks in the south.

But it was quite fun!

Tarnished Coast – [DIS] http://www.dissentient.org
Roxanne Marie

in WvW

Posted by: Hekatombaion.4320

Hekatombaion.4320

Why do people always assume this? There never was or will be a “server alliance” no matter what the circumstance. The reason you feel like you’re being 2v1’d is because that’s a usual strategy used by not only my guild, but multiple guilds within the game.

The other two teams are focusing on each other > use distraction to take a keep/tower.

BAM! You just got “2v1’d”.

The dude isn’t on CD. He’s not assuming anyone is 2v1ing him.

Generally it’s been fairly clear that NA prime time the blue and red prioritize green to push us off maps. They don’t avoid fights with each other if the zergs happen to run into each other but the do set up siege on the same targets and try not to charge each other in front of towers and such. Basically exactly what you would expect from folks with only the organization of following a commander tag.

In CD we’ve seen a WHOLE LOT of “beat up the guy in 3rd” attitude from 2nd place servers in previous weeks so I could see why people are surprised to actually see king of the hill where there’s any threat of getting knocked off the top. On our way down the other teams have had significantly better NA prime time and oceanic coverage- we end up badly outnumbered until one team has that 200k score and three orbs, and then there’s just no getting a zerg onto the map- doorfights and insta-recap of any small group objectives were all you could expect so we’d soon have basically nobody on except the prime time WvDoor crew.

I’m not sure how many people transfer vs how many just PvE for the week but it gets bad if the other team has that much better coverage.

Italucuc[KH] – 80 Mesmer – Tarnished Coast