in WvW

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

The issue here being…?

Culling v AoE

in WvW

LameFox.6349

No I mean why do you care that people are using AoE?

Culling v AoE

in WvW

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

ANet said they are aware of this, at least on the PvE side of things, and have said they are planning a fix. Their opinion is currently AoE does too much damage in comparison single target attacks, so they are going to nerf individual hits in AoE somehow.

Not sure if or how this will affect WvW, but it probably will somehow.

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.

Culling v AoE

in WvW

Posted by: SilverWF.4789

SilverWF.4789

ANet said they are aware of this, at least on the PvE side of things, and have said they are planning a fix. Their opinion is currently AoE does too much damage in comparison single target attacks, so they are going to nerf individual hits in AoE somehow.

So, they will do once more mistake in the game design. Cant say more here.

#SAVEDONBASS from Ukraine!
Seafarer’s Rest (EU): Liicher (Engi), Lii Cher (Warrior), Swf (Elem),
Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

Culling v AoE

in WvW

Posted by: Unknown.2796

Unknown.2796

They’ll have to look at each class individually, nerfing all AoE’s cause they are AoE’s would probably the most stupid thing to do.

Location, location, location.

Culling v AoE

in WvW

Posted by: Jiiub.7135

Jiiub.7135

some classes depends on AoE, i play a Engineer mostly these days, its not that good already, but if you want me to fire my rifle then buff that dmg by atleast 50%.. i do less dmg with the rifle then a lvl 1 warrior does..

dont nerf, buff single target attacks.(like they need buffing.. warriors does more dmg faster then any aoe can do, rangers does more single target dmg then any aoe)

In WvW we use Aoe because there is a TON of people moving, dodging and culling all over, we cant run after a person when they can disappear all of a sudden.. fix culling first and then we might be able to do more then shoot into the dark hoping to hit something..

ITS NOT A DMG ISSUE, its i cant see anything, so better try hitting everything!

also the 2 best classes for WvW is Warrior and Guardian. BOTH NOT USING aoe as main attacks..

Rorgash
Necromancer
[IRON] Gaming

Culling v AoE

in WvW

Posted by: Kyus.3812

Kyus.3812

AoE needs to be balanced around the numbers you are fighting, if its 3 or more your aoe should be the best option, if you are fighting 1-2 then single target. since their is a maximum cap out at 5 anyway this gives A-Net some useful numbers.

Kyús – 80 – Guardian// All Classes Level 80
Hand of Blood [HoB]
EU – Aurora Glade

Culling v AoE

in WvW

SilverWF.4789

Any class have AOE. Even "single" target 1st button skills usually hits nearby targets - this is AOE too.

Ppls using AOE coz most of WWW players running within zergs - coz this is easiest way to win.
Even if they make every skill single targeted - it will not solve zerging.
and since GW2 do not have obvious classes and any player can ressurect any another player - single target focus will be just useless and stupid.
We need AOE coz game mechanic - you must get down most of the enemies at the same time or your zerg will be downed in the another way.

removing AOE will be just another step to ruin that game.

Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

Culling v AoE

in WvW

Posted by: Vilkata.4725

Vilkata.4725

I only spam AoE when I think there’s a thief nearby that I can’t see yet.

Leader of The Quiddity [Quid]
Everything is a Nemesis plot.

Culling v AoE

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

19/20 of my skills are AOE’s.

You do the math at what I use the most please.

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

Culling v AoE

in WvW

LameFox.6349

AoE needs to be balanced around the numbers you are fighting, if its 3 or more your aoe should be the best option, if you are fighting 1-2 then single target. since their is a maximum cap out at 5 anyway this gives A-Net some useful numbers.

Fighting under three enemies in WvW is harder to make happen than the opposite… so I don’t think this would change the OP’s complaint much.

Also, that would leave my warrior with virtually no skills that aren’t rifle-based worth using on a single target… unless it’s just targetable AoE they want to nerf (sorry necromancer, I nearly bothered to level you).

Culling v AoE

in WvW

Posted by: Kyus.3812

Kyus.3812

Fighting under three enemies in WvW is harder to make happen than the opposite… so I don’t think this would change the OP’s complaint much.

Also, that would leave my warrior with virtually no skills that aren’t rifle-based worth using on a single target… unless it’s just targetable AoE they want to nerf (sorry necromancer, I nearly bothered to level you).

yes thats what i was agreeing with, not the OP.

the game has a 5 person limit if you look at aoe as long as the numbers are balanced as i suggested then the weapon set is fine. What arena net will be looking at is individual weapon sets that are favored because their aoe attack does more single target damage than another single target weapon. so the nerf won’t be blanket it will be specific to make sure that some classes don’t have aoe sets that are multi use across all situations becaus the single target damage difference is too small.

Kyús – 80 – Guardian// All Classes Level 80
Hand of Blood [HoB]
EU – Aurora Glade

Culling v AoE

in WvW

Posted by: Braxxus.2904

Braxxus.2904

also the 2 best classes for WvW is Warrior and Guardian. BOTH NOT USING aoe as main attacks..

lol…

Did every ele/thief/mesmer/necro quit playing the game at the same time?

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

Culling v AoE

in WvW

SilverWF.4789

Sorry man, you are wrong – they both using a tons of AOE…

Culling v AoE

in WvW

Posted by: Churros.7196

Churros.7196

Aoe is not really a problem in wvw. In fact, most AOE skills(offensive skills) needs a buff, notably removing the 5 man limit.

Culling is a whole different level of problem.

Culling v AoE

in WvW

Posted by: skinnyb.5920

skinnyb.5920

lol…

Did every ele/thief/mesmer/necro quit playing the game at the same time?

I know I’m not to quit but I’ll be kitten if Anet isn’t forcing the population of this game to roll a warrior or guardian to be functional.

Culling v AoE

in WvW

Posted by: TogoChubb.3984

TogoChubb.3984

This is simple guys.

AoE = Evade out of the red circle
Culling = Death

Without a fix on culling you can’t reasonably evaluate what skills, weapons, or attacks need adjustments. The current problem with culling is that it promotes two things, stealth culling abuse and zerg culling abuse. Answer: fix culling and remove AoE cap. This will promote other classes besides thief packs and zergs.

Commander Togochubb aka Chubby
Perfect Dark [PD] – Yaks Bend

Culling v AoE

in WvW

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

So, they will do once more mistake in the game design. Cant say more here.

Yeah making AOE even less effective will break the back of the game. As it stands, this game is far too zerg centric in WvW. Given that most of the community is playing the game for WvW …yeah

Culling v AoE

in WvW

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

The people complaining about AoE really need to play other classes and learn about them. Some classes have no choice but to use AoE attacks because they were designed around them. Any kind of general nerf to AOE damage would require complete class redesign and all the balancing that has to go on around it.

Culling v AoE

in WvW

Posted by: Churchill.8714

Churchill.8714

>WvWvW ‘pros’ who see red circles created by multiple people
>>run into red circles
>>>die
>>>>???
>>>>>AoE is a bigger issue than culling

Culling v AoE

in WvW

Posted by: Vohnnyan.4058

Vohnnyan.4058

Its hilarious that op puts single target and thief in same post, thief is defenetly amazing at dealing single target dmg but in WvW thief is the most no brain AOE class in the game.