Despawning Blueprints

Despawning Blueprints

in WvW

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

The timer works like this: When you deploy a siege site, if you don’t put supply into it for 2 minutes, it will despawn. Every time you put supply in, it will get a new timer of 5 minutes. Once siege is fully built, it has the 30 minute timer. That timer resets every time someone uses the weapon.

A good mechanic but terrible and unclear patch notes. Thanks for the clarification.

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

Despawning Blueprints

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

Are you saying you’ll let camps flip, lightening destroy a treb, ninja groups take towers, etc., so you can complete an arrow cart in your keep?

I dunno, are you saying that you are personally stopping all those things from happening on your own within a span of 5 minutes?

if so, running siege to blueprints is a huge waste of your immense talents, leave that task to less talented players.

If you want to build an arrow cart, you focus on that.
if you feel something else should take priority at the moment, you focus on that instead.

I’m sorry that you can no longer have your cake and eat it. adapt.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Despawning Blueprints

in WvW

Posted by: slingblade.1437

slingblade.1437

Are you saying you’ll let camps flip, lightening destroy a treb, ninja groups take towers, etc., so you can complete an arrow cart in your keep?

I dunno, are you saying that you are personally stopping all those things from happening on your own within a span of 5 minutes?

if so, running siege to blueprints is a huge waste of your immense talents, leave that task to less talented players.

If you want to build an arrow cart, you focus on that.
if you feel something else should take priority at the moment, you focus on that instead.

I’m sorry that you can no longer have your cake and eat it. adapt.

Answer my question first, beyond “I dunno,” then I’ll answer yours: What of those things I listed are you willing to turn a blind eye to to complete an arrow cart so that it doesn’t despawn?

Despawning Blueprints

in WvW

Posted by: Ralathar.7236

Ralathar.7236

You people are freaking out too much.

With broken and unreliable siege timers they have no useful metrics for how siege timer duration affects WvW. Without consistent metrics they will not modify the existing timers. Siege will now provide these data metrics. The current timers are subject to change based on the information they will gather on things within the next 1-2 months. If they find it is too short they will likely extend it.

The 2 and 5 minute timers were likely instituted to help combat one form of siege griefer. The guy who followed you around and threw incorrect siege or threw siege on top of your siege specifically to screw up your ability to build the proper siege and waste supplies on active assaults. The 2 minute timer is perfectly fair. The 5 minute timer might require some testing to see if it is sufficient for lower population servers.

Rashanala – 80 Elementalist
Ehmry Bay – Legion of the Iron Hawk [Hawk]

Despawning Blueprints

in WvW

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

Devon,

Your post still does not address how bad this idea is. Granted, in tier 1 or 2, this isn’t such a bad thing as we have the populations to tag all the siege most of the time, but on tier 3 or less servers where there are only a handful of people on over night, ALL the siege in towers will despawn. I can see the morning guilds fleeing WvW in droves as the first thing they will have to do when they log in is replace ALL siege in EVERY tower/keep. This will get expensive quick. Bad idea all around.

It’s interesting to note that this is how it works before. Sieges (except for rams which have ridiculous staying time) apart from trebs and golems all have a general life of 30min. Golems and trebs have 10min. That’s why people usually call out the server time whenever they tick siege, to help other people know when to go there to tick or not. Now, they just made something invisible, visible.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Despawning Blueprints

in WvW

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

As Devon mentioned there has always been a timer on dropped siege. If you do not place supply into it every 5 minutes until built, it despawns. That timer has existed as long as I have been in WvW with the only problem is sometimes it would work and other times it would not. If I am correct the only portion that is changed is the now two minute window on freshly dropped siege. It looks like they lowered that part of the timer from 5 to 2 minutes.

The rest is as it was.

Theftwind (HoD)

Despawning Blueprints

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

The previous despawn timer was 10 minutes.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Despawning Blueprints

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

^ ive lost multiple trebs to that short 10 minute despawn timer.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

Despawning Blueprints

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

No I mean the previous 10 minute despawn was on building .. from the time you added supply, you had 10 minutes to add more.

I just lost a cata today with the new 5 minute rule. I had to fight off two enemy at a supply camp, and JUST as I was getting back to the cata to add supply to it, it vanished. More are reporting similar experiences.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Despawning Blueprints

in WvW

Posted by: slingblade.1437

slingblade.1437

As Devon mentioned there has always been a timer on dropped siege. If you do not place supply into it every 5 minutes until built, it despawns. That timer has existed as long as I have been in WvW with the only problem is sometimes it would work and other times it would not.

He didn’t really address the timer on siege which has been started but not completed. I’ve solo built probably between 300 and 400 pieces of siege and have very rarely been burned by a timer once I put supplies into the build site. I know many pieces have gone way longer than 5 minutes between times when supplies were added. I can’t recall a single time when an in-progress build timed out in less than 10 minutes. I’m not saying it never happenes, but if it does, it’s so infrequent as to be inconsequential.

That has now changed. Devon says it’s to 2, 5 and 30, and that it works. I’m hopeful they’ll see the error of their ways on this and quickly adjust all timers up. 10, 20 and 60 seems much more reasonable to me. In the mean time, I don’t expect to build much pre-battle siege anymore. I can’t afford to at the rate it’ll be disappearing, and this camel’s back was already near broken anyway with the way things already were, i.e., litte to no help building and maintaining siege.

Despawning Blueprints

in WvW

Posted by: Oolune.4357

Oolune.4357

Sometimes people have a relatively decent point.

Then their post suddenly includes “WVW GUNNA DYE IF IT NOT CHAINGED”

Tarnished Coast
Oolune :: Engineer — Arrow Of Oolune :: Human Ranger -- Shadow Of Oolune :: Human Thief
Box The Turtle :: Human Warrior — Bolobuns Of Steel :: Human Guardian

Despawning Blueprints

in WvW

Posted by: Jake.1842

Jake.1842

It would be so nice to be able to kick someone out of a golem you put down. There’s little more frustrating than some… kitten… taking golems you’ve built and jumping them off cliffs for the lulz.

I’m pretty sure you can.

Can’t you?

Nope, unfortunately. Golem-napping is one of the very few trolling pastimes still in game.

Maybe it’s server to server, but every golem I have ever put down, I’ve been able to take back from whoever was in it. I’ve done it a kitten load of times. So maybe your server is just broken.

Faelinor | Sanctum of Rall

Despawning Blueprints

in WvW

Posted by: RamblinWreck.9740

RamblinWreck.9740

The two minute timer is lame. I’ve not checked the time, but I’ve dropped siege, put 10 sup in it, ran to a camp and back, siege is gone. Either it’s not working right, or that’s just lame.

Despawning Blueprints

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

The timer works like this: When you deploy a siege site, if you don’t put supply into it for 2 minutes, it will despawn. Every time you put supply in, it will get a new timer of 5 minutes. Once siege is fully built, it has the 30 minute timer. That timer resets every time someone uses the weapon.

The two minute limit is way too low. Have you ever played the game on a very badly outmanned borderlands? If you have just you and 1 other, how you are supposed to build any siege?

Please increase the siege despawn timer to at least 10 minutes, so you can make a supply run.

I urge the developers to play on such servers and borderlands which are heavily outmanned, then you know how badly balanced your game is. Well-designed game is fun for everyone, not just for those who can faceroll by superior numbers and sitting in their T3 keeps and towers, which are full of superior arrow carts.

We are desperately needing a total turn of the current “patches”, which are basically giving more and more power to the stronger side. We need real outmanned buff for the weaker side.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

(edited by Deniara Devious.3948)

Despawning Blueprints

in WvW

Posted by: BornToOwn.8139

BornToOwn.8139

The timer used to exist, it did not however function correctly and thus was unreliable at best. It is now explicit, easy to see, and always works.

Ha, so the thing about the siege timer being less before patch wouldn’t apply, atleast for some cases… <— meant to be good hearted.
I still think it should increase when inside/near a keep at least 45 minutes

Rytlock Thackeray (Guardian) – Z-cool-look’n-charr
Guild: Drop Otter [dO]
Server: Borlis Pass

(edited by BornToOwn.8139)

Despawning Blueprints

in WvW

Posted by: BornToOwn.8139

BornToOwn.8139

Sometimes people have a relatively decent point.

Then their post suddenly includes “WVW GUNNA DYE IF IT NOT CHAINGED”

Nice, funny quote. lol

Rytlock Thackeray (Guardian) – Z-cool-look’n-charr
Guild: Drop Otter [dO]
Server: Borlis Pass

(edited by BornToOwn.8139)

Despawning Blueprints

in WvW

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

The two minute limit is way too low. Have you ever played the game on a very badly outmanned borderlands? If you have just you and 1 other, how you are supposed to build any siege?

Please increase the siege despawn timer to at least 10 minutes, so you can make a supply run.

I urge the developers to play on such servers and borderlands which are heavily outmanned, then you know how badly balanced your game is. Well-designed game is fun for everyone, not just for those who can faceroll by superior numbers and sitting in their T3 keeps and towers, which are full of superior arrow carts.

We are desperately needing a total turn of the current “patches”, which are basically giving more and more power to the stronger side. We need real outmanned buff for the weaker side.

Just don’t drop the blueprint until you, or someone around you, has the supply to start building it. It shouldn’t take you more than 2 minutes to go from using the blueprint to adding the first supply.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

Despawning Blueprints

in WvW

Posted by: Schwip.5738

Schwip.5738

Well timers is one topic, but one thing that hits the sense of the title pretty much is that trebuchets blueprints have recently startet to disappear 3 Seconds! after i put them down. Had my whole Zerg trying to build it up and it still despawned in a matter of seconds (had it build up to 80% once when it despawned)
Now before we start worrying about the 5 minute rule and stuff this should be fixed first…