Down but not out.

Down but not out.

in WvW

Posted by: BloodEagle.1206

BloodEagle.1206

I had this wild idea pop into my head. Why not have supps at starting WP? So far this has just turned into one team controlling all maps, and going to spawn lock the other two worlds, mine is one of them. Why not give supps to the locked out or all worlds, so they still have some kind of fighting chance to take something back? All out domination, is no fun at all. Just a random thought from an insomniac.

Down but not out.

in WvW

Posted by: Slamz.5376

Slamz.5376

Maybe have a supply depot that only functions when your team owns nothing on the map. If you own 1 thing anywhere, the depot does nothing. If you have nothing else on the map, it will pop 10 supply every 30 seconds to a maximum of 50 supply.

On the borderlands, your team has easy, back-door access to supply camps but Eternal Battlegrounds can be REALLY had to stage a comeback in because there’s no back door to the supply camps that doesn’t make you run past a tower.

Camelot Unchained – from the makers of DAOC
A game that’s 100% WvW
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

Down but not out.

in WvW

BloodEagle.1206

Maybe have a supply depot that only functions when your team owns nothing on the map. If you own 1 thing anywhere, the depot does nothing. If you have nothing else on the map, it will pop 10 supply every 30 seconds to a maximum of 50 supply.

On the borderlands, your team has easy, back-door access to supply camps but Eternal Battlegrounds can be REALLY had to stage a comeback in because there’s no back door to the supply camps that doesn’t make you run past a tower.

This X10

Down but not out.

in WvW

Posted by: guttermessiah.6350

guttermessiah.6350

I had this wild idea pop into my head. Why not have supps at starting WP? So far this has just turned into one team controlling all maps, and going to spawn lock the other two worlds, mine is one of them. Why not give supps to the locked out or all worlds, so they still have some kind of fighting chance to take something back? All out domination, is no fun at all. Just a random thought from an insomniac.

Supplies (is that word too long for you to spell) at the starting waypoint is not going to change anything. If you can’t be bothered to fight for a supply point then your server doesn’t deserve them to begin with. Making the game easier for people who can’t be bothered to make an effort is not the path to take.

Down but not out.

in WvW

Posted by: djoeb.2053

djoeb.2053

that actually sounds like a decent idea. definitely shouldnt be supplies there all the time, but when your team has maybe only your spawn tower for example, having supplies available until you advance past that seems like it would be a good idea.

Down but not out.

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Supplies (is that word too long for you to spell) at the starting waypoint is not going to change anything. If you can’t be bothered to fight for a supply point then your server doesn’t deserve them to begin with. Making the game easier for people who can’t be bothered to make an effort is not the path to take.

So what do you do to get supply if your enemy is camping the ways out of your base with arrow carts and seige weapons? If you could build a ballista you could take down their siege weapons.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

Down but not out.

in WvW

Posted by: aicalas.8276

aicalas.8276

One of the biggest problems that I’ve noticed in WvW is that of the snowball effect.

The winning team goes from strength to strength as they acquire the orbs, gain more supply, gain more gold and gain more badges as they gain more map control (from the jumping puzzles and supply camps to the keeps and castle) and more kills than the opposition (not to mention that they die less). All of these benefits have the effect of further establishing their dominance.

Meanwhile, the losing teams go from weakness to weakness. They die more, so they spend more gold on repairs. They can’t hold supply so they can’t build as much seige, or fortify as much, hat they do manage to build and fortify gets captured by opponents with more money, supply and buffs so the losers have to throw away more and more supply and gold.

What this means is that during the week or longer battles, the poor teams will simply be starved out of existence, from both a gold and supply viewpoint, whilst the winning teams gain more and more supply and gold.

Anet needs to reconsider how supply is gained and gold is spent, especially as they make the push towards the 2week battles.

No amount of supply donations will make up for an easy 500+ supply advantage and multiple gold advantage that a dominant alliance led team can incur during a single hour.

(edited by aicalas.8276)

Down but not out.

in WvW

BloodEagle.1206

One of the biggest problems that I’ve noticed in WvW is that of the snowball effect.

The winning team goes from strength to strength as they acquire the orbs, gain more supply, gain more gold and gain more badges as they gain more map control (from the jumping puzzles and supply camps to the keeps and castle) and more kills than the opposition (not to mention that they die less). All of these benefits have the effect of further establishing their dominance.

Meanwhile, the losing teams go from weakness to weakness. They die more, so they spend more gold on repairs. They can’t hold supply so they can’t build as much seige, or fortify as much, hat they do manage to build and fortify gets captured by opponents with more money, supply and buffs so the losers have to throw away more and more supply and gold.

What this means is that during the week or longer battles, the poor teams will simply be starved out of existence, from both a gold and supply viewpoint, whilst the winning teams gain more and more supply and gold.

Anet needs to reconsider how supply is gained and gold is spent, especially as they make the push towards the 2week battles.

No amount of supply donations will make up for an easy 500+ supply advantage and many gold advantage that a dominant alliance led team can incur during a single hour.

Exactly, and that’s my greatest fear for WvW, with the 2 weeks if they keep it how it is, at first all will fight, but when one team takes over all points the others will just give up a day or so in, as to not waste money and time.