Dragonbrand / BP / Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: Quednau.7390

Quednau.7390

@littlefeather^^^I hope people read this. ( I havent played with every commander, I only listed the ones DH has had sucess with while i was playing.)

Darkhaven
[Qrew] Leader
Warrior

(edited by Quednau.7390)

in WvW

Posted by: Quednau.7390

Quednau.7390

@Ixl Pheonix Lxl^^Thanks:) I’ll do my best..and i wish i could help with siege but right now i want to focus my money on armor and weapons till im a high lvl.

Darkhaven
[Qrew] Leader
Warrior

(edited by Quednau.7390)

in WvW

Posted by: Littlefeather.8623

Littlefeather.8623

I’ve seen some random players use excellent siege placement….

Even if, in the rare case they may place siege in good places, it does not mean they will:

A. pay attention to surroundings to counter/react to any possible attacks
B. refresh the siege at proper times
C. call out for a replacement if they need to afk or eat, etc.
D. keep the commander(s) informed of enemy movement

Most people in general lack the self discipline to do simple things like I listed. I have over 12 years in the US Army, been to Iraq and Afghanistan, and some simple common things as paying attention to your surroundings, being proactive instead of reactive with defense, and having eyes on key terrain, looking for scouting parties, potential threats and effective communication goes a long way.

Crazy Leg

in WvW

Posted by: I Will Rez U.1743

I Will Rez U.1743

“Most people in general lack the self discipline to do simple things like I listed”

I’ll agree to that

Ixl Phoenix lxI

[XVX] Guild Leader – Blackgate – #BringBackTheBeast

in WvW

Posted by: Skapocalypse.5236

Skapocalypse.5236

C’mon DH! Whats wrong with all you commanders?! we’ll get a nice zerg going on (with golems everywhere) about to sweep the place, and then you spawn to a random waypoint? If you dont know how to lead then dont be a commander! and a little communication please! your making DH suffer. Its been like this a few nights in a row. this is getting bad.

And ^this^ isnt for every commander, we still have a few who are tactitian geniuses who help DH alot.. (skap, Kay the kappa, Oxicide, lxl Pheonix lxl)

And i want to shout out to Bp giving a challenge! battling you all has been fun.. you guys dont leave your keyboards! lol. Large numbers all day long.

Thanks bro although I am not a tactician genius lol. I just pay attention to the map a.lot and predict a lot of what I would do in the enemies position.

Anyway sorry I haven’t been on the last two nights stuff keeps popping up. I’ll be on tomorrow night for sure.

Skapocalypse/SkaP

in WvW

Posted by: Evilzara.6378

Evilzara.6378

It’s like WvW Guide 101 here.

But excellent points littlefeather. And hi Phoenix.

Commander Evilzara of The Black Tides [TBT]

Stormbluff Isle

in WvW

Posted by: Kore.9523

Kore.9523

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cgoTT3yWSXw

WvW Siege Weapon placement video, Placement is simple if you use your head… Put it where it wont get hit.

And you’re right Littlefeather FA and other servers will attest to Darkhaven’s ability to hold towers and keeps but its not “Just RE.” Here lets show some of what FA has posted in the past.

All the guilds listed have done a great job and also the small forces Darkhaven has to, and we cannot just say it was all because of “ONE” guild.

Over the past two days I have to say, Darkhaven is bringing some serious pain in the prime time hours. GoF, RE, SE, WE, ABC and others have done a great job defending and countering us. I especially like that some of the players zone hop to keep us guessing. THIS is the Darkhaven I expected to see from the start.

[WE] – Winning Everyday
[ABC] – Always Be Chopping
[RE] – Rethesis

Pretty much the only guilds who have shown ability in groups of 5 or more.
Skill wise I’d rank [WE] the highest. To the guy saying it took a “60 man Fort Aspenwood force and a golem” to kick 20 players out of FA borderlands, well I guess that’s sorted then and you’re just 3x better than our hardcore WvW players, huh? Give yourself a pat on the back.

Above are some quotes from the previous FA fight. This is only here to show its not always just about one guild. It should be about the collective.

Kore Rallos Zek – 80 Warrior
[WE] Win Everyday – Council
Server: Dragonbrand

(edited by Kore.9523)

in WvW

Posted by: Ethose.5694

Ethose.5694

Woke up this morning and for the first time in weeks DB did not hold a significant point lead. I mean DB was not earning more points per tick at that time. The BP overall lead actually went up overnight NA.

Congrats to BP.. Server is on the rise. This week has been a humbling experience but I’ll be out there fighting as much as I can.

Ethose (EA)
Born and Raised on Dragonbrand

(edited by Ethose.5694)

in WvW

Posted by: Kalkz.5297

Kalkz.5297

this means war …..

Attachments:

Borlis Pass Commander Kalkz [BS]
Original Former of Borlis Savers
Leader Of : http://youtube.com/kaotichq

in WvW

Posted by: Ethose.5694

Ethose.5694

I’d like to think my post caused that.

I take full credit..

Ethose (EA)
Born and Raised on Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: DKz Lux.4125

DKz Lux.4125

I’d like to think my post caused that.

I take full credit..

Damn you! LOL

Stop that already DB.

Daiosho – The Order of Digital Knightz [DKz]
Borlis Pass

in WvW

Posted by: Tynan.6279

Tynan.6279

I’ve seen some random players use excellent siege placement….

Even if, in the rare case they may place siege in good places, it does not mean they will:

A. pay attention to surroundings to counter/react to any possible attacks
B. refresh the siege at proper times
C. call out for a replacement if they need to afk or eat, etc.
D. keep the commander(s) informed of enemy movement

Most people in general lack the self discipline to do simple things like I listed. I have over 12 years in the US Army, been to Iraq and Afghanistan, and some simple common things as paying attention to your surroundings, being proactive instead of reactive with defense, and having eyes on key terrain, looking for scouting parties, potential threats and effective communication goes a long way.

<This

A-D Is what frustrates me the most about randoms in Wv3, rarely do I get a response when I try and offer advise or direction.

My small skirmish Squad [F.U] recently transferred to DH to get away from the top tier Q’s and we have already notice a big difference in the lack of quality of the randoms in Wv3, even the semi organized zergs seem to just be karma trains with no purpose. Although we are very small we will make an impact during the 7pm-2am PST and look forward to working with the guilds we have seen. Quick shout of to some quality guilds/commanders we have assisted.

RE – Littlefeather
GoF – lxl Phoenix lxl
WE

See you on the BF…

- Plowd -

Wreckd ~ Mesmer/Warrior/Necro
[SIC] Strident Iconoclast ~ FA

(edited by Tynan.6279)

in WvW

Posted by: EnRohbi.2187

EnRohbi.2187

this means war …..

THAT means war?
You must have missed this

Attachments:

Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello everyone,

Please remember the following part of the Code of Conduct

Do not engage in personal attacks against forum members or in character assassination. Posts that attack another member, that single out a player for ridicule, or that accuse someone of inappropriate in-game actions will be removed without notice. In-game violations should be reported directly to our Support Team.

Therefore, any further infraction may lead to the thread being locked. Please remember that the main purpose of this sub-forum is to discuss the current match-up in a polite and constructive way.

Thank you.

in WvW

Posted by: FrankieBonez.8361

FrankieBonez.8361

I thought this thread was rather tame in comparison to others lol.

Props to BP for holding the lead, but we’re clawing our way up! The finish line may be one for the books if the servers remain consistent. Excellent match-up so far.

I vote for a 5 server WvW for the month of January. How crazy would things get if NSP, BP, DB, DH and Mag all fought in the same tier?

Overlord Sorin | Sorin Rising | Ansorin
Elephant Ambush [EA] | Dragonbrand | GW2 YouTube!

in WvW

Posted by: pigtaro.2749

pigtaro.2749

To our DB war-mates in BL, we at EB was waiting inside overlook (e last keep that we capped) at 675 pts, waiting eagerly for the capture of e last keep n 2 camps. It finally came 2 mins later. Well done all.

(edited by pigtaro.2749)

in WvW

pigtaro.2749

Prop to commander Edgar holding us together in EB when our numbers are so few.

Prop to commander Kelvin n SBullet for leading the charge to cap BP Valley. Amazing 5 trebs high up on the ruins.

Prop to commander Xiir leading us to total victory in EB.

A great end to e day after lowland was flipped in e morning. I am sure when I wake up in e morning later, the major colors across all 4 maps will be Blue, and e war continues… Good job everyone, including our ‘enemies’. Looking forward to killing more of u tomorrow. Cheers.

in WvW

Posted by: Kelvingts.2035

Kelvingts.2035

this means war …..

this has been “war” since the dawn of the game. If you haven’t been at war from the start you are probably playing Wow or tera and accidentally got on these forums

Some of the BP here is getting a little too arrogant. From the looks of the competition so far and the events that is going on with both bp and db, This is exactly where BP and Db should be in terms of the tiers. I completely understand the strong morale and pride from BP because of the non stop kitten kicking they might have dished out vs other servers but you guys will be playing with us for at least 2 weeks if not more. So just relax and have fun…it shouldn’t really stress or surprise anyone about the crazy flipping and capping that occurs. The points aren’t dead close but close enough to show that BP and DB at the least is of the same tier.

I’m serious, there’s really a “Few” bp who directly or indirectly looks down on the current fight with Db and Dh.

Kelvingts – Human Warrior
Adventurethyme [BMO] , Dragonbrand

(edited by Kelvingts.2035)

in WvW

Posted by: CRrabbit.1284

CRrabbit.1284

This is how our DB Asian folks did for this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgUwQxOYbls

If we can have little more ppl during NA time (maybe reach 1/2 as BP currently has), we could have a chance to get to next Tier.

this means war …..

THAT means war?
You must have missed this

(edited by CRrabbit.1284)

in WvW

Posted by: neomccoy.2657

neomccoy.2657

<This

A-D Is what frustrates me the most about randoms in Wv3, rarely do I get a response when I try and offer advise or direction.

My small skirmish Squad [F.U] recently transferred to DH to get away from the top tier Q’s and we have already notice a big difference in the lack of quality of the randoms in Wv3, even the semi organized zergs seem to just be karma trains with no purpose. Although we are very small we will make an impact during the 7pm-2am PST and look forward to working with the guilds we have seen. Quick shout of to some quality guilds/commanders we have assisted.

RE – Littlefeather
GoF – lxl Phoenix lxl
WE

See you on the BF…

- Plowd -

Welcome to DH!

Everything Purple [EP] – Tarnished Coast
Stone Walled – Guardian; Plaguefest – Necro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjs6MOa8ukw

in WvW

Posted by: Plok.6145

Plok.6145

Prop to commander Kelvin n SBullet for leading the charge to cap BP Valley. Amazing 5 trebs high up on the ruins.

A great end to e day after lowland was flipped in e morning. I am sure when I wake up in e morning later, the major colors across all 4 maps will be Blue, and e war continues… Good job everyone, including our ‘enemies’. Looking forward to killing more of u tomorrow. Cheers.

Awesome job fighting nobody!

Sincerely,

Commander Plok The Original Leader of Shadow of Agony [GOAT]

in WvW

Posted by: Sureshot.6725

Sureshot.6725

Wonder how all those BP/DH players that were on the field fighting hard would feel about this comment.

You must be pretty full of yourself to make a snide and petty comment like this. Glad to see you are on the other side.

Edit: Just noted you are a leader?? LOL…impressive leadership skills!

(edited by Sureshot.6725)

in WvW

Posted by: Grit.9061

Grit.9061

The best way to deal with comments like that is to ignore them. Don’t want to get this thread locked like so many others.

This match is far from over.. DB is relentless, but BP won’t give up first place so easily. Meanwhile DH is putting up an excellent fight and keeping us on our toes.

[LION] Lion’s Arch Irregulars – Dragonbrand
lionsarch.org

in WvW

Posted by: DKzPixel.3792

DKzPixel.3792

Many of you will be travelling over the next few days for the Holidays, PLEASE be carefull out there & drive safely! Aside from that let’s hope everyone has a great time with their families & friends and let’s all hope for a Great New Year, subject to the world NOT ending on the 21st hehe

DKz Pixel (Leader)
The Order of Digital Knightz [DKz]
Commander Dkz Pixelette – Borlis Pass US since Beta!

in WvW

Posted by: thenoobler.7540

thenoobler.7540

Loving this matchup … hope we are paired with BP for a few more week for some drag down slap happy 3way brawls.

Xiir – lvl80 Guardian – Dragonbrand Server
Guild Leader – Warsworn [WAR] – www.warsworngaming.com

in WvW

Posted by: SpitfireXD.3865

SpitfireXD.3865

Holy shiet BP has a HUGE wvw population most of the day! And when you have queues for each bl, that’s crazy!

Dunois [Agg] Aggression
Elementalist/Mesmer of Eredon Terrace

in WvW

Posted by: Hadan.2841

Hadan.2841

Only time we have full queues on all BLs is on reset night( which is understandable). We can usually get a queue time for EB during our primetime. Thats about it tho. The other borderlands never have a queue time. I dont know why you would just assume we have queues all the time on all maps…..

Leader/Driver of Krew/MR

in WvW

Posted by: SpitfireXD.3865

SpitfireXD.3865

Only time we have full queues on all BLs is on reset night( which is understandable). We can usually get a queue time for EB during our primetime. Thats about it tho. The other borderlands never have a queue time. I dont know why you would just assume we have queues all the time on all maps…..

i read someone’s comment from BP; just forgot to quote them.

Dunois [Agg] Aggression
Elementalist/Mesmer of Eredon Terrace

in WvW

Posted by: TheFreshBrew.1958

TheFreshBrew.1958

Well, I’d like to thank Anet for the free server transfers, and the unbalanced match-up these past 3 weeks.

Which is causing another big DH guild to leave. Maybe once DH gets pummeled over night by oceanic zergs and enough people leave for a few more weeks, DH can become competitive again, even if it’s against other outmanned servers.

in WvW

Posted by: Kelvingts.2035

Kelvingts.2035

Well, I’d like to thank Anet for the free server transfers, and the unbalanced match-up these past 3 weeks.

Which is causing another big DH guild to leave. Maybe once DH gets pummeled over night by oceanic zergs and enough people leave for a few more weeks, DH can become competitive again, even if it’s against other outmanned servers.

with all the badblood in the past weeks, i doubt dh would ever move to db. But ofc i want to point out that a dh or db member did mention on a recent thread, that if dh + db = the perfect server. na prime + oceanic prime

just sayin :P

Kelvingts – Human Warrior
Adventurethyme [BMO] , Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: DKz Lux.4125

DKz Lux.4125

@ Spitfire – have you been out on the field? Gotta pay more attention to what’s happening and less to what other people say bubba. It’s as Hadann says, we have queues on reset day for a couple of hours and that’s it. We have a pretty decent PVE population, so maybe if we can make them play wvw more often we’ll be able to get more queues in the futuer. Who knows.

@ Sureshot – we try to hold out as best we can. But it does come to a point where we have 15 people total for all maps and DB has 70 on EB, 70 on Borlis and a few more in DB and DH. So it is kinda like fighting against nobody at that point.

DB never has as few players on the field as BP does. I’m sure Plok’s answer was not far off the mark when replying to someone who used the sentence “leading us to total victory” when DB is in second place.

@ Kelving – I can assure you 99% of BP players expected a tough fight and had no idea whether we would win or even place second this match-up. The ones being arrogant are probably those that don’t have a clue about the effort we have to put into being in the lead and are just coming on the forums to make us look bad.

Daiosho – The Order of Digital Knightz [DKz]
Borlis Pass

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Posted by: Actium.8765

Actium.8765

What guild is leaving?

Character: Acium 80 Guard
Server: Northern Shiverpeaks, Commander
Guild: Legends and Myth [Myth]

in WvW

Posted by: TheFreshBrew.1958

TheFreshBrew.1958

What guild is leaving?

‘Rumor’ has it that It’s Get Out Fast guild.

in WvW

Posted by: ShadowSoljer.6524

ShadowSoljer.6524

What guild is leaving?

‘Rumor’ has it that It’s Get Out Fast guild.

Boom goes the dynamite

in WvW

Posted by: Insidious.9460

Insidious.9460

I heard it was Run Everyone guild.

in WvW

Posted by: PredatoR.5247

PredatoR.5247

Does Darkhaven/Dragonbrand/Borlis Pass have a community website?
if yes what is it?

Jericho The Usurper[Agg] – Aggression

in WvW

Posted by: Kore.9523

Kore.9523

We have tried to get the community aspect going, but there has not been that much of a wvw following, Or any activity other than the few that use it. There is only essentially 3 guilds that im aware of that can bring 20+ at any given time to the Borderlands.. Darkhaven has been bleeding guilds now for a while and we are just holding on by a thread.

The Darkhaven website that was setup and public Mumble for voice chat is available.
http://www.DarkhavenUnited.com
Mumble: PM for details.

Kore Rallos Zek – 80 Warrior
[WE] Win Everyday – Council
Server: Dragonbrand

(edited by Kore.9523)

in WvW

Posted by: danofzi.4870

danofzi.4870

Does Dragonband got an united community?

Dragonbrand Guild NNK
Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: Flyfunner.2093

Flyfunner.2093

DH do you have nothing better to do? Jesus christ. Past 3 days I’ve had to skip getting my daily eb jp reward chests because there’s ALWAYS dh griefers just picking fights left and right.

Looks like everyone on DH is hostile.

Even in the other wvw maps there’s at least always 5 hostile dh players in the jp griefing. I think this is why they’re loosing, they spend their time griefing instead of helping their teams. And it’s not just low experienced players, it’s the hardcore players, people with full cultural and high end weapons.

in WvW

Posted by: Plok.6145

Plok.6145

Wonder how all those BP/DH players that were on the field fighting hard would feel about this comment.

You must be pretty full of yourself to make a snide and petty comment like this. Glad to see you are on the other side.

Edit: Just noted you are a leader?? LOL…impressive leadership skills!

Im sorry, but when you have taken the whole map, I seriously doubt there was much of anyone on but your group.

Sincerely,

Commander Plok The Original Leader of Shadow of Agony [GOAT]

in WvW

Posted by: Fraeg.9837

Fraeg.9837

if yes what is it?

would be great to have weekly sub forums based on the current matchups instead of random threads we the players create, that way you could have multiple threads going, and overall things might be cleaner..

/shrug

anyway,… hats off to the smale scale pvpers out there. whether it be 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 or what have you. /salute to the small scale stuff!!!

Wyverz – Asura – Mesmer
Xynobia – Asura – Necro
|Gnaw| |BB| |dO| |SOUL| – NSP

in WvW

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

DH do you have nothing better to do? Jesus christ. Past 3 days I’ve had to skip getting my daily eb jp reward chests because there’s ALWAYS dh griefers just picking fights left and right.

Looks like everyone on DH is hostile.

Even in the other wvw maps there’s at least always 5 hostile dh players in the jp griefing. I think this is why they’re loosing, they spend their time griefing instead of helping their teams. And it’s not just low experienced players, it’s the hardcore players, people with full cultural and high end weapons.

Let’s get this straight. You’re mad that you’re getting pvp’d in a pvp area from people that have nothing better to do because it’s impossible for them to win.

Yeah….if you’re not wanting to get pvp’d don’t go into a pvp area.

in WvW

pigtaro.2749

Moderator = random bot?

@ Spitfire – have you been out on the field? Gotta pay more attention to what’s happening and less to what other people say bubba. It’s as Hadann says, we have queues on reset day for a couple of hours and that’s it. We have a pretty decent PVE population, so maybe if we can make them play wvw more often we’ll be able to get more queues in the futuer. Who knows.

@ Sureshot – we try to hold out as best we can. But it does come to a point where we have 15 people total for all maps and DB has 70 on EB, 70 on Borlis and a few more in DB and DH. So it is kinda like fighting against nobody at that point.

DB never has as few players on the field as BP does. I’m sure Plok’s answer was not far off the mark when replying to someone who used the sentence “leading us to total victory” when DB is in second place.

@ Kelving – I can assure you 99% of BP players expected a tough fight and had no idea whether we would win or even place second this match-up. The ones being arrogant are probably those that don’t have a clue about the effort we have to put into being in the lead and are just coming on the forums to make us look bad.

Apologize to all in my previous post for sounding like chest-thumping. What I mean by total victory is getting the maximum 695 points. Maybe it’s the wrong choice of words. I was not trying to be arrogant, but I feel it was a significant moment for DB and myself, having spent 14 hours on that particular day fighting in EB, from having only Jerr left to total EB capping.

Everyone in this tier knows we have great oceanic presence. Those who deny it are a straight face liar. As I read in some post previously, no one can get that much domination except when other servers either gave up defending or gone to sleep. It is only luck that both DH n BP decided to leave at the same time n on all maps.

If anymore ppl wants to troll more on my post, go ahead. We are all entitled to our opinions.

in WvW

Posted by: Warlord Lu Bu.7905

Warlord Lu Bu.7905

This matchup keeps going back and forth dramatically. Although it will never happen, I’d be curious to see what the score would be if Dragonbrand’s peak times matched up with Borlis Pass peak times.

Great job to all servers in this fight. So far I haven’t heard of any “exploit” stuff, good to see a clean fight.

War Legend Lu Bu – Commander
[WäR] Warband of Absolute Retribution
Borlis Pass

in WvW

Posted by: Besetment.9187

Besetment.9187

Laffo. Hes technically in his own spawn area and you are spawn camping him. Solution to that little “glitch”:

Stay minimum 1500 range away from that spot. That guy now has to move or port back to spawn but he isn’t killing you without losing Determined buff and he sure as hell isn’t taking the supply camp.

This is a complete non issue. That guy meleeing him is being very foolish. Theres no reason for anyone to ever be that close to the legendary defender. In fact, if that sheer cliff drop wasn’t there, he would have line of sight to the legendary defender and be dead anyway.

in WvW

Posted by: Inprognito.9487

Inprognito.9487

LOL why would you waste time trying to kill someone in their spawn area with the invulnerable buff? Simple solution…. do something productive.

Monstrosadus
Talons [BT]
http://www.Monstrosadus.com – Monstrosadus now on spotify!

in WvW

Posted by: Littlefeather.8623

Littlefeather.8623

Laffo. Hes technically in his own spawn area and you are spawn camping him. Solution to that little “glitch”:

Stay minimum 1500 range away from that spot. That guy now has to move or port back to spawn but he isn’t killing you without losing Determined buff and he sure as hell isn’t taking the supply camp.

This is a complete non issue. That guy meleeing him is being very foolish. Theres no reason for anyone to ever be that close to the legendary defender. In fact, if that sheer cliff drop wasn’t there, he would have line of sight to the legendary defender and be dead anyway.

^

And on a very important side not, RE has not decided whether to move or not, but at the very least we are on DH for the time being. I do know one thing though, if something does not change within DH WvW, the future will look very bleak, compared to out peak in T4.

Crazy Leg

in WvW

Posted by: Furey.6734

Furey.6734

And on a very important side not, RE has not decided whether to move or not, but at the very least we are on DH for the time being. I do know one thing though, if something does not change within DH WvW, the future will look very bleak, compared to out peak in T4.

I hate to say this but it looks like DH will be stuck with Borlis and Dragon for the next couple of weeks. I dont see any of the lower tiers jumping up anytime soon. The only other thing is maybe one of the servers above drops down one. Unfortunately, it probably will not make any difference since most of the servers that have been falling like a rock (ET/HOD) are already below us.

Commander Cristyn
Masters of Combat [Duel]
Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: Grit.9061

Grit.9061

if yes what is it?

DB hasn’t had a unified community website since over 1000 people transferred off the server in the same week (including the creators of said website) a couple months ago.

We do have an unlimited seat mumble server and commanders communicate with different forms of voice chat regularly.

[LION] Lion’s Arch Irregulars – Dragonbrand
lionsarch.org

in WvW

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

Things have gotten so bad that even RE is considering moving?

I do hope you don’t blame the match with FA. We were a tier apart in terms of strength and the lack of a strong third server ensured FA would run away with all the points. It was fun fighting RE though. You guys put up a good fight regardless of the situation.

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]