EB JP problems

EB JP problems

in WvW

Posted by: thekap.8645

thekap.8645

Ok so this needs to be a non combat zone. and needs to be something you get to from spawn not from keep.

The whole puzzle is horribly flawed in the sense that a group of 5 to 6 people can prevent anyone from completing the puzzle. make it so the only way to effect other players is through the built in traps and make it so the traps control obstacles in front of the traps so people cant get ahead and prevent people from moving forward.

I know people are not going to like this idea because they like to camp the puzzle but i have come to the conclusion that the only reason any one ever camps the puzzle is because they are so bad at WvW this is the only way they can get kills.

This is one of the better JP’s in the game and it is sad that people cant experience it because of players that have nothing better to do with their time then sit and wait for people to do the Jp

Calidorne – L80 Ranger – Commander

EB JP problems

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Everytime a thread like this is created, a JP camper is sucessful…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

EB JP problems

in WvW

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

The arena could use better opportunities for players to get through when camped. Right now it is too easy to camp. However, a good part of this is that mesmers can port in reinforcements.

EB JP problems

in WvW

Posted by: thekap.8645

thekap.8645

the real problem i guess is the fact that it can be camped so easily. Its to late now but the easiest solution would be to make it so that their is no place where you ahve safe high ground that can attack low ground maybe put some walls up around the arena so you cant look down into it or something

Calidorne – L80 Ranger – Commander

EB JP problems

in WvW

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

Welcome to a PvP map and its King of the Hill minigame. Also, please save the kittens…

Attachments:

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

EB JP problems

in WvW

Posted by: GxVicious.1358

GxVicious.1358

Im assuming you’re running the puzzle to get the gift of battle for your legendary. That said, I will contintually make sure that people like you have to actually fight for their badges. Its not called “gift of loot chest”. Ive run the puzzle hundreds of times solo. Sometimes I can fight my way through, sometimes I cant. Welcome to PvP.

Sarar Key Key— mesmer
Blackgate [mds]

EB JP problems

in WvW

Posted by: crystalpink.2487

crystalpink.2487

Every time a thread like this is created, a JP camper is successful…

Yes.
Like what I’ve said in multiple topics about EB JP campers in the past:

“Good job JP campers.
Keep up your good work!”

Euphemia Hime (Elementalist), Pinky Pearl (Mesmer), Avicenia (Ranger), Vanille Morgana (Necromancer)
Chibi Asura San (Engineer), Hikaru Masai (Guardian), Selene Minerva (Revenant)
Guild: The Bunnies [Bun] ~ Server: Jade Quarry

EB JP problems

in WvW

Posted by: kuora.5402

kuora.5402

Thanks for the laugh OP

¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸
[Aia] Amoria- The guild of pleasant love
¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸

EB JP problems

in WvW

Posted by: Corran.4957

Corran.4957

only reason to run JP is for free seige. Takes 15s of WvW to get the badges you get from the chest. I have got about 2k badges whilst leveling my ele in WvW. They just rain down on you now

EB JP problems

in WvW

Posted by: Silver.3284

Silver.3284

We need to take out NPCs and bosses (and those painful flowers as well) from the TA dungeon -end tree boss is one of the best sceneries in the game – its a shame that players can’t experience it because NPCs are blocking the way ;-)

Oh and we need an asura gate from LA to it, we should not have to walk.

EB JP problems

in WvW

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

If it reds it’s dead…JP thread #252 or so now guys?

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

EB JP problems

in WvW

Posted by: Rissou.7213

Rissou.7213

Puzzle is a great place to pick my 1vs1 fights, I spend all my day in the puzzle killing people, solo.

I know that a lone thief isnt the problem in the jumping puzzle, big group of campers are, so I do it with a good conscience.

But I do have a big grin on my face when I succeed holding people back in their puzzle progression.

Thief.

EB JP problems

in WvW

Posted by: Elathan Silver.1820

Elathan Silver.1820

It’s part of wvw and finishing it lands you wvw related loot. It’s supposed to have the element of watching out for enemy players. Moving it to spawn and making it a non combat zone would defeat the entire purpose of the puzzle.

Server: SF [Rare] [Apes]
Human Elementalist | Asuran Mesmer

EB JP problems

in WvW

Posted by: elderan.2638

elderan.2638

The whole puzzle is horribly flawed in the sense that a group of 5 to 6 people can prevent anyone from completing the puzzle.

You are aware that you have teammates right?

I know people are not going to like this idea because they like to camp the puzzle but i have come to the conclusion that the only reason any one ever camps the puzzle is because they are so bad at WvW this is the only way they can get kills.

There are many reasons to camp the jump puzzle (preventing your enemies from getting free siege, running a portal system, etc). And clearly you don’t play WvW, because you would know that small groups of players fighting in the JP is the worst way to get easy kills in WvW. If you want tons of kills with no effort you just roll with a large zerg that steamrolls everyone. Also, if they are so bad and they killed you, what does that make you?

This is one of the better JP’s in the game and it is sad that people cant experience it because of players that have nothing better to do with their time then sit and wait for people to do the Jp

And you have nothing better to do than act like you deserve the chest at the top. You don’t. Move along.

EB JP problems

in WvW

Posted by: Ashanae.9362

Ashanae.9362

I will camp EB JP everyday if this way i can prevent my enemy to get more sieges.

EB JP problems

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

You can become invisible to all enemy players for five minutes. How are you still horrible at the jp?

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

EB JP problems

in WvW

Posted by: Sevenn.3085

Sevenn.3085

JP should be removed from wvw population count and accessible from lions arch.

JP should be open pvp zone that allows you to queue for wvw from inside.

[ECL] [CE] [Oz]

EB JP problems

in WvW

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

EB JP problems

in WvW

Posted by: Voilodion.3791

Voilodion.3791

I will camp EB JP everyday if this way i can prevent my enemy to get more sieges.

While I have no problems with people attacking other people anywhere in a WvW zone, please don’t try to convince us that you do it for some noble strategic reason, and not because it’s a chance to gank people who weren’t planning to fight back. You’re not fooling anyone.

EB JP problems

in WvW

Posted by: Midnightjade.3520

Midnightjade.3520

EB JP is controlled strategically as a source of free siege for the WvW server population. It’s high-traffic and highly contested and legitimately so.

If you’re having issues with it, you can just do the BL JP on a few alts – much less contested and takes around 10 minutes per alt. Each will get 4-6 badges, while the longer EB JP gives around 15-17, so the net results are similar in terms of time and reward. Or you can do the BL JP 3 times and then see if any mesmers are porting in the EB JP.

Standard WvW can get you more badges/hr, depends on your profession and level of experience, and who’s commanding. Personally I really enjoy it but totally suck at it. My major function in WvW seems to be setting up and firing big siege weapons at zergs (gets badges!) and acting as a target dummy for BG and SoR mesmers (no badges for me, lots for them!).

Onyx: Norn Guardian 80. Queen in Tatters: Asura Mesmer 80.
[The Flameseeker Prophecies] 4/11/13
Itinerant, no guild.

(edited by Midnightjade.3520)

EB JP problems

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

While I have no problems with people attacking other people anywhere in a WvW zone, please don’t try to convince us that you do it for some noble strategic reason, and not because it’s a chance to gank people who weren’t planning to fight back. You’re not fooling anyone.

You’re right, of course, but from my perspective ganking people who were trying to gift themselves a PvP award without planning to fight for it (while simultaneously wasting a slot on the map) does have a certain sense of justice to it. I’ve never camped the JP but I can’t bring myself to demean those who do. As long as ANet considers doing WvW to be a required element of achieving (i.e., earning) a legendary there should be some burden to actually have to fight for it.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]