UPDATED: [EMP] - Emperium & [RE]-Red Essence?

in WvW

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

Hopefully Kaineng will match up similarly in NA coverage so t3 doesn’t become another terrible slog. This transfer (and ones that will follow) really does make me sad to be losing a balanced match.

T2 is pretty well balanced right now – at the moment, any of the three servers there can and have won the week. Not entirely sure why you’d assumed Kaineng would be the one to drop. Could be any of the three. ;-)

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Jon Snow.6780

Jon Snow.6780

Were you guys on jq? Can never really tell since jq/sor/bg always run in a zerg ball

Changed it for you,reality baby!

in WvW

Posted by: Inso.2195

Inso.2195

Eh whats up with this negative comments about EMP leaving JQ? I think some peoples fail to realize that EMP do this because EMP want to find a new challenge and most importantly is to give a more balanced match in T1 (something that alot of folks in T1 is kittening and whining all day)
Lets be honest here, if you were in absolute dominance and winning almost every week how many of you are willing to leave your server for the sake of competitive match? not many i believe. And im sure this is not easy decision and must be really hard for EMP to leave JQ their home server since beginning (tbh im very shock hearing EMP leaving JQ)

Goodluck on your new journey EMP, may the “the grape justice” always be with you!

in WvW

Posted by: Melamorte.2870

Melamorte.2870

Respect to you guys EMP. In my opinion youre one of the best guilds defending an objective in the game. While I will miss fighting you, you have to do what’s best for the guild.

This.

It seems like there will always be detractors. It’s interesting where the negative comments come from (current competitors and future competitors lol).
EMP clearly got defense more than any of the big guilds I’ve seen play in T1. Props to them. Good luck wherever they go.

Your post reinforces my opinion that ATAC was/is a classy guild. Whenever I played on a Borderland where you all were rolling situational awareness of your guild was critical. You play to win. Salute.

[CoF]Meldios – JQQ

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

EMP, I wish ya’ll the best of luck on DB and happy WvW’ing!

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

in WvW

Posted by: Sunspots.9861

Sunspots.9861

Anything that shakes up the brackets is good for wvw. Seeya soon!

Auburn Skies – Retired- Ranger of [PiNK]
When wvw was still fun feat. [PiNK]

in WvW

Posted by: silkysoft.6749

silkysoft.6749

Were you guys on jq? Can never really tell since jq/sor/bg always run in a zerg ball

Changed it for you,reality baby!

Thanks, for the input mate. Clearly you have never played in our timezone.

See you in a few weeks maybe EMP gl hf

in WvW

Posted by: Sleepyy.1598

Sleepyy.1598

Eh whats up with this negative comments about EMP leaving JQ? I think some peoples fail to realize that EMP do this because EMP want to find a new challenge and most importantly is to give a more balanced match in T1 (something that alot of folks in T1 is kittening and whining all day)
Lets be honest here, if you were in absolute dominance and winning almost every week how many of you are willing to leave your server for the sake of competitive match? not many i believe. And im sure this is not easy decision and must be really hard for EMP to leave JQ their home server since beginning (tbh im very shock hearing EMP leaving JQ)

Goodluck on your new journey EMP, may the “the grape justice” always be with you!

Oh ya? Lets not forget it is because of their leader that 20+ guilds went to JQ before free transfers ended and then even up until recently, still tried recruiting more guilds to JQ despite beating second by +60k give or take every week. And you’re saying they want a “challenge”.

in WvW

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

EMPs move does nothing for the competition in T1. It just means SoR will be able to PvDoor even more during NA prime (which is why they are all happy about it) where they massively outnumber JQ and BG. Stop with this sanctimonious doing it for the competition kitten.

BeeGee
Beast mode

(edited by pot.6805)

in WvW

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

Oh ya? Lets not forget it is because of their leader that 20+ guilds went to JQ before free transfers ended and then even up until recently, still tried recruiting more guilds to JQ despite beating second by +60k give or take every week. And you’re saying they want a “challenge”.

qft

in WvW

Posted by: Fylix.5936

Fylix.5936

is it just EMP heading to DB? I’ve heard FIRE, MERC and bunch of other guilds all heading there too? perhaps i’m wrong but what’s the point of finding new challenge in the lower tier if that’s the case?

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Its a small portion of emp (1/4) going from what i heard

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

is it just EMP heading to DB? I’ve heard FIRE, MERC and bunch of other guilds all heading there too? perhaps i’m wrong but what’s the point of finding new challenge in the lower tier if that’s the case?

Don’t let others fool ya. This move has nothing to do with being challenged. If you read the drama from the beginning it’s more to do with a commander needing his ego stroked, and he felt like other commanders on JQ did not respect his lead, nothing more nothing less.

Having said that, JQ is still top dawg in NA timezone off shift coverage and will continue to be a worthy T1 opponent.

(edited by scootshoot.6583)

in WvW

Posted by: Njord Earthbound.8156

Njord Earthbound.8156

All the best EMP, you guys n gals were a blast to run with. Just won’t be the same not following Natrixx, Lee, Raw etc in the thick of things.

Best of luck on DB.

Earthbound series. Sanctuary Elder. Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

lol this thread should probably be updated

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

in WvW

Posted by: nOCter.4263

nOCter.4263

[EMP] members in DB has been reformed as Red Essence [RE] 70+ of us are here atm. Looking forward to working with the guilds here.

Leader of Troll Syndicate [FKU]

in WvW

Posted by: Jahn.7019

Jahn.7019

The ones who left are the true competitors it seems like. Leaving a #1 server to go down the ranks is encouraging to see. Not many have the balls to do it.

Good luck to you guys there. We’ll see you in T1 soon.

in WvW

Posted by: nglcpyro.4906

nglcpyro.4906

EDIT: Read main thread.. assuming all the major leaders will move over and pass the mantle to others?
—-
A small part of of me wishes this wasn’t the truth, but with how things are in T1, pretty understandable. Not going to be the same without those [EMP] pins though Still best thing ever was running with Christina Lee doing some duo recon only to get completely steamrolled by a 15+zerg we didn’t see one time (pre culling removal).

All the best on Dragonband and to all the naysayers thinking JQ will fall…. anything is possible in your dreams

/salute

[OCD]Ordo Contegium Destinatus
-Plush Griffon Recruit of the Jade Quarry Militia-

(edited by nglcpyro.4906)

in WvW

Posted by: Camaro Charr.2805

Camaro Charr.2805

So did MERC, KNT etc also go to DB with the other EMP members?

RE- Red Essence
Dragonband

in WvW

Posted by: ghtchill.7613

ghtchill.7613

[EMP] members in DB has been reformed as Red Essence [RE] 70+ of us are here atm. Looking forward to working with the guilds here.

That should be interesting if and when you fight KN’s [RE]. Didn’t you know about Retethis [RE] on Kaineng?? Too hard to see from JQ? Why not reconsider that tag. Be original. There can be only one!

TC

(edited by ghtchill.7613)

in WvW

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

I’d be lying if I said I was sad to see this. However, I can understand wanting to move to another server where the queues are much shorter/non-existant and where you can experience less lopsided fights between servers (and heck, maybe even lose once in a while!).

Saw this coming a mile away when they became a super server. Same thing happened with HoD and look where they are now.

SoS seems to have fared better due to its strong oceanic player base after the mass exodus.

in WvW

Posted by: FrankieBonez.8361

FrankieBonez.8361

I honestly hope Dragonbrand doesn’t become a “stacked server.” I’m proud that Dragonbrand has gotten to where it is while growing organically on our way back up the tiers. We’ve never (at least to my knowledge) bribed or coerced a guild to join our server. I would like to believe that guilds join Dragonbrand on their own volition, and by the quality of our server – not because it’s “the next big thing.”

Our NA slot is our weakest coverage point and the addition of [EMP] and the other supposed transfers are greatly welcomed. We were poised to move to T2 without transfers but are too small to stay competitive having faced all the current T2 servers during their visits to T3. These transfers should hopefully ensure our competitiveness in T2 so we are not just a doormat.

P.S If the defensive capabilities of [EMP] are true, then I feel bad for anyone trying to take EK when [EA] and [EMP] are both there defending.

Overlord Sorin | Sorin Rising | Ansorin
Elephant Ambush [EA] | Dragonbrand | GW2 YouTube!

in WvW

Posted by: TacoJoe.6083

TacoJoe.6083

From what I’ve heard Dragonbrand is doing to be the next big thing. GL to you guys as you expand and climb your way to T1.

in WvW

Inso.2195

Fact is they leave! they have the guts to leave their “i win button” server, whether their motives for moving is for the sake of balanced competition or not is not matter as this move will hopefully bring a better matchup in T1. Sure im agree that stacking their server when free transfers is about to end is dumb but blaming the whole thing on one person/guild is absurd cause im sure the whole recruitment stuff were supported by the majority of JQ community.
Why dont you just give a better solution to make T1 match more interesting and balanced cause im sure its much more useful to everyone than keep whining and mad about EMP

in WvW

Posted by: Tigerowns.6438

Tigerowns.6438

Welcome to DB! Hope we can have some fun!

Eternal Tiger– Warrior
Fly by You – Ele
Bloodpact [BP] , Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

Lets be honest here, if you were in absolute dominance and winning almost every week how many of you are willing to leave your server for the sake of competitive match?

So they change to the dominating server in a different tier…? If they want a challenge tell them to roll on Yak’s Bend. I don’t really care either way but the excuses just seem to have lots of holes in them.

Good luck to whoever you are and whatever you hope to find. I just hope everyone is happy and doing what they enjoy.

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in WvW

Sleepyy.1598

Fact is they leave! they have the guts to leave their “i win button” server, whether their motives for moving is for the sake of balanced competition or not is not matter as this move will hopefully bring a better matchup in T1. Sure im agree that stacking their server when free transfers is about to end is dumb but blaming the whole thing on one person/guild is absurd cause im sure the whole recruitment stuff were supported by the majority of JQ community.
Why dont you just give a better solution to make T1 match more interesting and balanced cause im sure its much more useful to everyone than keep whining and mad about EMP

Well sir I’m not whining, I’m not on JQ so I could not give a kitten less whether they left or stayed. EMP leaving won’t even have that much of an impact. From what I’ve heard a good chunk if not maybe more than half? is staying on JQ. I was not trying to provide a “solution” to make tier 1 even, simply responding to what seemed like a comment slurping off EMP/Rawnoodles for the sake of just slurping them without you even really knowing what you were talking about.

(edited by Sleepyy.1598)

in WvW

Posted by: wish.3102

wish.3102

The EMP who left didnt leave “for the competition,” they left “because of the competition.” T1 NA is very, very, very competitive when NA hours roll around, and thats when the people who left played. At this time of day BG recently seems to only fill 3 maps, JQ could almost fill 4, and SOR easily fills 4. Raw and Lee and whoever else leaves will have a vastly easier time playing on DB than they would of had on JQ. So please, stop with the talk of them doing it to help even out T1. If we wanted to even out T1, JQ and BG would have to get more NA people, not less.

To the none-sellouts in EMP, I hope you continue to like JQ and play here, I know I speak for almost everyone when I say we’re happy to have you.

Jade Quarry. RNG/THF/GRD/WAR
SovietSpaceDogs[SSD]

(edited by wish.3102)

in WvW

Inso.2195

Well sir I’m not whining, I’m not on JQ so I could not give a kitten less whether they left or stayed. EMP leaving won’t even have that much of an impact. From what I’ve heard a good chunk if not maybe more than half? is staying on JQ. I was not trying to provide a “solution” to make tier 1 even, simply responding to what seemed like a comment slurping off EMP/Rawnoodles for the sake of just slurping them without you even really knowing what you were talking about.

OK.. im not from JQ or EMP so i cant possibly know the real reason why they leave JQ to DB. my first conclusion is that this move is good for overall health of T1 a.ka destacking super stacked server thats why i give them credit for make such bold move for whatever their motives are (of course it will have minimal impact atm since its only 1/2 guild).
Now if you think they were leaving not because for the sake of healthy competition in T1 and know something about it please do share with the rest of us(guild drama?some new super stacked server project?)

in WvW

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

I heard the commanders were tired of being focused down at the start of every engagement so they went somewhere else.

in WvW

Posted by: Swift.8506

Swift.8506

Here’s a run down of what actually happened. My roomie is a member of EMP and the drama is just too awesome to pass up :P

Raw and Lee decided to transfer to DB in an effort to find “better competition”. The only issue is that they decide this during a time in which most of the NA players are offline. A couple individuals including Lee empty out the gbank and immediately transfer over without consulting the majority of the guild from what I’ve seen.

15-20% of the guild follows them while the rest of the guild (including most of the commanders/leadership) disagrees with the decision as they were not consulted. This causes a divide in the guild. From what I see, the majority of EMP are dedicated to JQ (the server itself) and not the Commander himself (Raw). Many of those who followed Raw claimed that EMP is JQ while the ones loyal to the server/its community argued otherwise. Being a JQ gamer, I would like to commend them on this. As great as EMP is – they do not make JQ.

Fast forward about a day later, Raw decides to quit the game as he sees himself unfit to make decisions/run a guild and due to other personal reasons. Lee sees this and decides to make his own guild over on DB and takes those 20-30 players with him. A bunch of the players who moved to DB in order to follow Raw see that he has quit, become upset (I would be too in that situation), and decide to transfer back to JQ.

EMP’s founder (Oxygg) and most of its commanders/officers/forces seem to be continuing to expand on JQ. From what I’ve seen in the borderlands, many of the other guilds like AoS/FIRE/etc. are supporting them which is very nice to see. Some say the animosity is now gone along with Raw.

All I have to say is 1. Raw definitely does not represent EMP as a guild. and 2. DRAMA!

in WvW

nOCter.4263

Right now i’m on dragonbrand with 79 ex emp commanders, officers, & members (more are coming once they see the truth to this slanderous lies about us) who shared the vision on what raw and i set out to do. Right now you are just adding words to raw’s decision to leave the game & that is totally rude. About the Gbank issue, most the gold that was donated to the gbank was donated by a couple of our members who came with us, and i was told half of that gold was returned to Oxygg, so this is another lie spread out by somebody who is unhappy and just want to stay in the no 1 server just to win. I’ve been keeping quiet all this while but this has gone too far by spreading lies all over the public forums. We have settled this on our meeting earlier in the day so stop with the lies all over the place.

in WvW

Inso.2195

Wow… Raw quit the game after bring his loyal followers to DB o_O that… is just kittening dumb.
Thanks Swift for sharing this, it should clear some confusion for some folks like me.

edit: wait i didnt see nOCter post when i post, i think im confuse again -_-

(edited by Inso.2195)

in WvW

nOCter.4263

Raw didnt quit the game due to the reason stated by Swift, it was a personal issue all of us of ex emp on dragonbrand knows about & even oxygg and his officers, if you would trust a roomie of an emp member rather than leadership then i’ve got nothing else to say to you.

in WvW

Posted by: Eviator.9746

Eviator.9746

Intruiging! DB is happy to have a boost to our NA presence. Hopefully whatever drama existed stays on JQ, and doesn’t bleed over. DB is rather laid-back and content with its current guilds, and we like to focus our animosity at our opponents.

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)
Doing what I can for DB during EU primetime

in WvW

Sleepyy.1598

I think I believe Swift.

in WvW

Posted by: IRSyKo.5843

IRSyKo.5843

Hopefully Kaineng will match up similarly in NA coverage so t3 doesn’t become another terrible slog. This transfer (and ones that will follow) really does make me sad to be losing a balanced match.

T2 is pretty well balanced right now – at the moment, any of the three servers there can and have won the week. Not entirely sure why you’d assumed Kaineng would be the one to drop. Could be any of the three. ;-)

Pf, not anymore it’s not

Through discipline, we prevail.
[BT]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Kreen.3925

Kreen.3925

All rather sad, a shame to see someone leave the game over this. Some folks need to take a chill pill.

I fight for JQ.
Kreen – Warrior L80, Mono Lith – Guardian L80
Higgsbosun – Thief L80, Silvron – Ranger L80.

in WvW

Posted by: Rhaegus.8924

Rhaegus.8924

Right now i’m on dragonbrand with 79 ex emp commanders, officers, & members (more are coming once they see the truth to this slanderous lies about us) who shared the vision on what raw and i set out to do. Right now you are just adding words to raw’s decision to leave the game & that is totally rude. About the Gbank issue, most the gold that was donated to the gbank was donated by a couple of our members who came with us, and i was told half of that gold was returned to Oxygg, so this is another lie spread out by somebody who is unhappy and just want to stay in the no 1 server just to win. I’ve been keeping quiet all this while but this has gone too far by spreading lies all over the public forums. We have settled this on our meeting earlier in the day so stop with the lies all over the place.

Pls, I encourage you to keep believing your truth and i really wish you and the 79 ppl who followed (or were fooled to follow) you and Rawnoodles all the best on Dragonbrand.
The way you did it can be called discutable at best, but what has happened has happened.
Fact is: EMP and all their leaders and officers are still on JQ, you left with a few others. Thats not the same as EMP moving to DB. The fact that you couldn’t bring your guilds name over to Dragonbrand shows that the greater majority of the guild didnt support the move and remained on JQ. Some 300 odd members continue to fight on JQ’s side and are getting support from all the other guilds to rebuild the guilds siege stash and guild bank. Members currently with you on Dragonbrand who are stuck there for the comming week will also be able to return to JQ and be welcomed with open arms.

About lies and untruths and whatnot. Let me post a little story here on how you and Noodles roll and try to tell me where the honor in that lies.
Thursday evening we had our WvW meeting to assign guilds to the borderlands. Noodles himself demanded to be placed on a border, JQ border, because he was fielding 80 ppl at least. Then the day after, 2 minutes before reset happens we get a message that EMP is not going to participate in reset and no help should be expected. Result: JQ border outmanned for the first 30 mins and all the other borders crumble due to reorganisation of the guilds to fill up the holes. Fortunatly after a while little organised groups of EMP (around 10-15 per group) started trickling in on the maps to help in the fights. Those little groups of ppl, sir, those are the people who make EMP..

Good luck ppl, i really really wish you good luck, don’t get me wrong here. But don’t kitten around with the real truth about what happened and is happening.

(edited by Rhaegus.8924)

in WvW

Posted by: hex.3218

hex.3218

Intruiging! DB is happy to have a boost to our NA presence. Hopefully whatever drama existed stays on JQ, and doesn’t bleed over. DB is rather laid-back and content with its current guilds, and we like to focus our animosity at our opponents.

Good luck with that!

Calm Little Buddy
JQQ

in WvW

Posted by: Rocjaw.4705

Rocjaw.4705

In regards to Swift (who isnt)

Right on..more miss placed drama started here. Funny that . Im ex Emp and i still follow the people who have made a difference with their skills, integrity ,honesty.

I put 30 gold investment in emp this week and then fielded the cost of the move to DB. If there is any funds missing i took my 30 g with me. And then gave it to other leader loyal members to help them transfer. And we are helping anyone who wants to come with the cost of moving . And everyone, obviously everyone has a choice so
let that be what speaks for the integrity and honesty of the ex Emp leaders who have chosen to move to better the game experiences of the people who follow them.

Slandering with second hand info is really immature . And I say your room mate is lying or he doesn’t know anything in truth. (waiting for the trolls now)

in WvW

Posted by: Eviator.9746

Eviator.9746

I know very little about what really happened, but it sure seems like there’s a lot of drama on JQ. I’d leave to a more welcoming server too.

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)
Doing what I can for DB during EU primetime

in WvW

Posted by: Goblin Beet Farmer.3045

Goblin Beet Farmer.3045

This is actually great news for JQ. Bad news for DB though.

in WvW

Posted by: manbearpig.8095

manbearpig.8095

k honestly gonna correct this all the leaders of EMP are on DB excluding oxy

kintai yuhara 80 necro [RE]

in WvW

Posted by: Swift.8506

Swift.8506

As a person who is viewing these events from outside of the guild – this statement is mostly false. I heard everything people were talking about on TS during that meeting as well as saw the posts on the EMP website. We play GW2 together a lot so you should not be surprised that I’ve overheard most of everything you guys were discussing.

You and Tiger cleared out the guild bank in order to start the upgrades/the foundation of the guild on DB. Also, looking at his roster right now – you do not have 80 EMP players with you. Please stop trying to make it sound like the grass is greener on your side.

Anyway, JQ is happy to have EMP stay here and I suppose that is what is most important to them. Good luck

P.S. If you would like me to jump on my roomie’s PC and take a screenshot of Raw’s thread stating EXACTLY what he said about why he’s leaving I can do that – however, that would be without honor. Please stop arguing nonsense.

(edited by Swift.8506)

in WvW

Posted by: Teamkiller.4315

Teamkiller.4315

Tier 2 will be looking forward to DB

in WvW

Posted by: Calvin.5380

Calvin.5380

Just let go, people. It’s a game.

@Teamkiller – we look forward to being in T2 as well. I hope we’ll be able to give you more challenge than we have, in the past.

Dragonbrand

(edited by Calvin.5380)

in WvW

Posted by: Ketharius.9018

Ketharius.9018

Just let go, people. It’s a game.

I don’t think you should be supporting something that may (or may not) poison your server.

Tarnished Coast
[FUNK] Squad

in WvW

Posted by: lani.7431

lani.7431

Wow. You guys just need to move on. JQ Broadcasting your drama way to much. Move on with it. Whatever happens just let it go, it is just a game. I am not supporting anything. I am not in this guild so I do not know the truth of the matter. Forums are usually trolling speculation anyways. The existing members are welcome to stay or go from DB with no judgment.

Lani [Krew] – BP
Former [EA] DB Commander

(edited by lani.7431)

in WvW

Posted by: Biffels.7451

Biffels.7451

To clear up things because I hate drama and the assumption made with it.
Of the 4 leaders of EMP: Lee went to DB, Raw quit, Tiger is no longer a leader, Oxy has EMP on JQ.
Roughly 2-3 Officers of EMP moved to DB (I’m looking at the roster of EMP as I write this) and most of EMPs most relevant officers (Frost, Syka, Nite, Sleven, Fyn, Exxo and I’m sure others that just aren’t on during my time) are still in EMP and either on JQ still or coming back if they transfered.
There are a few good officers who left to DB and are currently in RE as well.

Most of EMPs core NA group is now on DB. Our entire gank squad, those who have 5-10 manned SM with no one looking, are now on DB.
As far as I know, which means what Sleven told me, the gbank was intended to be split and in fact Raw himself pulled all of it and all of his own assets and then pooled them into items that are to be sold and split evenly between RE and EMP. Lee has no control over this, neither does Oxy; Neither of them have the items.

Note to Lee: The members of EMP were at the meeting. Our decisions were made due to information that came from the meeting. You can’t possibly think that the forums rumors are influencing us with “slanderous lies.” We did not stay here for the #1 slot either. Most of us stayed because EMP stayed. I’ve now talked to 10+ well known people of EMP who all agreed they would have likely moved to DB if EMP had moved instead of you making a new guild with some of its members.

Sad that my first post on the GW2 forums had to be about this =/

- Biffels

(edited by Biffels.7451)