Easy Wall Siege Kills Gimping Tower Defense

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Yoshi.6738

Lord Yoshi.6738

It used to be the Elementalists and Mesmers who could easily destroy siege on the inside edge of the wall, but mesmers got nerfed with line of sight on Phantasms. Now with the patch allowing engineers to toss grenades without line of sight, you now have even more ways to destroy siege anywhere on the wall with grenades having the added advantage of being thrown through doors, something that not even elementalists can do. Is there even a safe place for siege from enemy skills?

in WvW

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

Gernaids should be able to be tossed up on top of the wall. I see no reason this shouldn’t happen. It may or may not be accurate, but I have no problems with things being tossed at something when the target has no line of sight, as long as there is a way over or under, fine. Same goes around though that should be limited to splash damage unless it is possible to curve something around a corner when thrown.

Through doors though should not happen.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

in WvW

Lord Yoshi.6738

Nope, the engineer is very clearly throwing grenades through that gap in the door. Also, I was thinking about hitting siege on the edge and it may have something to do with using a camera perspective that is past the usual limit, which would allow someone to easily target anything on the wall.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

look an unforeseen side effect of taking away LoS requirement on a skill that arcs

cute

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

Nope, the engineer is very clearly throwing grenades through that gap in the door. Also, I was thinking about hitting siege on the edge and it may have something to do with using a camera perspective that is past the usual limit, which would allow someone to easily target anything on the wall.

Gap through the door is fine.

It is a hole. If the developers do not want this, they need to redesign the door so it doesn’t have a hole. This is a perfect example of what a grenades should be used for. Over a obstruction but through a hole.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

(edited by CreativeAnarchy.6324)

in WvW

Posted by: Ilesyt.7084

Ilesyt.7084

Well mesmers are able to destroy siege on wall again thanks to the newest patch, the greatsword nr 1 skill shoots through walls now >_>

Leader of Deus Ex Machina [DEX]
Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Posted by: shortcake.8659

shortcake.8659

oh hey that was me, nice

some terrible idiot in [pre]

in WvW

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

It is still exceedingly difficult to actually get grenades on top of a wall due to the limitations of where you can actually see to stick your targeting reticule.

The greatsword beam attack is super duper bugged though. Autoattacking a gate will hit pretty much any siege within around 1200 range of the mesmer, and you can move around to get siege on both sides.

in WvW

Posted by: Esprit Dumort.3109

Esprit Dumort.3109

Oh, I thought the Mesmer’s Greatsword auto had been fixed to actually be able to hit the huge pot of oil without it saying “Obstructed”.

Jessamine [SNOW]
Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: LameTerror.4032

LameTerror.4032

Oh, I thought the Mesmer’s Greatsword auto had been fixed to actually be able to hit the huge pot of oil without it saying “Obstructed”.

Now it hits just everything, even stuff that isn’t in its path. When I gs1 a gate, I also hit the oil and the cannon, sometimes even siege on/behind the wall. This should be fixed.

I never took a screenshot of it, but I have this screenshot. I clearly shouldn’t be hitting the turrents.

Attachments:

Game Of Elements – Elementalist
WBC – Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

Lord Yoshi.6738

Oh wow, didn’t know about the Mesmer GS. Also, by using a bug that extends your view or the mod that removes the limit, you can easily hit wall siege with the Thief Cluster Bomb. The collision detection for the actual arrow though is too large to fit through the door crack, which combined with the prevention of direct AoEs through doors led me to believe that the crack wasn’t actually passable. So is there even a good spot for siege?

Attachments: