Easy solution for "night capping"

in WvW

Posted by: waeren.9743

waeren.9743

Morthur,

• Eve has one server, there is no issue of this server lags more or this server lags less.
  • Currently you can not transfer guilds.

Dedication has nothing to do with it. You’re comparing apples (gw2) and oranges (eve).

Nice clear post though.

in WvW

Posted by: Quantum.8950

Quantum.8950

Indeed. Instead of working out solutions to cover their weaknesses in a 24/7 battlegrounds, they choose to whine and ask the game developers to help cover their shortcomings.

in WvW

Posted by: Pixel.6397

Pixel.6397

According to peak/off hours, results and current population, reduce/merge the amount of servers, so we have 12 servers with people potentially 24/7.

in WvW

waeren.9743

Indeed. Instead of working out solutions to cover their weaknesses in a 24/7 battlegrounds, they choose to whine and ask the game developers to help cover their shortcomings.

Let’s turn this around, ok?

Instead of being part of the solution and transferring you stay where you are.

So yes, I’ll ask for an incentive for you to transfer or for wvw to balanced out if people don’t bother and are just happy with their easy win.

Asking != whining.

in WvW

Posted by: Ald.9418

Ald.9418

24/7 coverage is easy when there’s only 1 huge server.

Doesn’t compare to GW2.

in WvW

Posted by: raenen.5807

raenen.5807

I played Eve for years as well and completely agree with Morthur. The problem isnt night cappers the problem is the lack of communication in GW2. WvW was put in to be be big so just thinking you can go in without an alliance and some planning is is just naive. I’ll bet the servers that are doing well have round the clock coverage.

in WvW

Posted by: cryptomega.3745

cryptomega.3745

While you are absolutely right about EVE, comparing its eternal sandbox to the “scoreboard” battleground-esque matches in GW2 is not a particularly cogent discussion.

in WvW

Posted by: Quantum.8950

Quantum.8950

So yes, I’ll ask for an incentive for you to transfer or for wvw to balanced out if people don’t bother and are just happy with their easy win.

Asking != whining.

I suggest you seek out the ‘night’ guilds. I cant do anything on my own. If you are suggesting ‘me’ as the general population of the ‘night’, i refer you back to the solution→ seek out the ‘night’ guilds. Have you even tried?

in WvW

waeren.9743

Asking != whining.

I suggest you seek out the ‘night’ guilds. I cant do anything on my own. If you are suggesting ‘me’ as the general population of the ‘night’, i refer you back to the solution-> seek out the ‘night’ guilds. Have you even tried?

See the several threads with servers/alliance trying to recruit guilds/people from other continents and or “night” players/guilds. It is barely happening and that should be obvious by now. If you keep turning a blind eye then yes there is no problem.

People are not interested to transfer to a different server that would be more laggy, cause them to loose their guild or have to small of a population during their play time.

I’m not sure how much more obvious I can make this, all I can hope is that you read this and realize that yes there is an issue here and no solution will be pretty.

I’d love to participate more seriously in WvW again but going for the win is just so pointless at the moment. Nothing I or the people with me do matters, everything is decided during the off peak hours. Last week we won with a big advantage due to our higher pop in the off-peak, this week we are losing horribly due to a lack of off-peak. Neither side is fun. So yes I’ll randomly roam now in wvw and not bother with working towards the goal, it doesn’t matter anyway. I’m sure more people have/will have the same feeling soon.

in WvW

waeren.9743

Germans are going to get screwed over by this.

But then again, it’s not like they aren’t already,

Well that’s what happens when you pack up on [DE] servers

in WvW

Posted by: skjutengris.6923

skjutengris.6923

ARENANET KNOWS THE BEST.
Its so pointless with the WwW design.
to laggy so delay in skills as a ele is a joke.

hopefully planetside 2 make things right.
(not crossing my fingers tho)

and the Op post make no sense.

Nightcapping needs to go away its a broken system.

in WvW

Posted by: Kietay.2345

Kietay.2345

You are completely right c: Like many problems MMOs have, most can be solved by adopting the general way EVE does things. It lets players have the power to do what they want with very few rules. The clever and able succeed, the less able do not. Perfect justice. No smashing the hard working teams simply because they are better at something.

in WvW

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

You are completely right c: Like many problems MMOs have, most can be solved by adopting the general way EVE does things. It lets players have the power to do what they want with very few rules. The clever and able succeed, the less able do not. Perfect justice. No smashing the hard working teams simply because they are better at something.

EVE is a single server for the entire population. That changes things drastically.