Ehmry Bay vs Gate of Madness vs Sorrow's Furnace

in WvW

Posted by: eqpablon.9072

eqpablon.9072

I’ve been doing ALOT of WvW the last few days, not once have I seen any hacks. While on SF I did see that they somehow had 2 orbs on their map. This happened after we lost our one orb, w/o the keep being taken, w/o the altar being destroyed. Suddenly after we lose our orb bonus we see our orb fly across the screen on the SF server…

I don’t know if someone on SF was hacking or if my entire guilds map was bugged, but it does seem odd that SF had 2 orbs on their home map. The only thing close to hacking I’ve seen has come from the last place team. Ebay and GoM seem to be legit tho.

in WvW

Posted by: Dunewarrior.5138

Dunewarrior.5138

I disagree with the “entire server” comments. (I’m from Ehmry)

I only saw a few of the actual hacks. If there’s only a few people, then it is unfair to call the entire server hackers.
HOWEVER:
What I saw yesterday was the orbs magically appearing in GOM hands, then the GOM players ENMASS defending where they had orbs. THAT makes the server culpable.
I’m not entire what happened later, but eventally the orbs reset and we got them again, but as soon as we realized the orbs were missing, and we tried to get them back, our efforts were hampered by a very large GOM zerg. THIS is what makes the server culpable. If it was just a few hackers and the rest of the server ignored them, then I think we’d all be more polite.

in WvW

eqpablon.9072

The entire time I was on yesterday we only had at most 1 orb. I was on from about 2pm CST until about 1am. In that time we lost the orb we had in the GoM home map. Our keep wasn’t taken, the orb altar was intact, and no one in the orb room was aggro’d. That orb found its way to the SF server. and they had 2 orbs, ON THE SAME MAP.

Today I logged in around noon CST and we had our orb back in GoM and we fought,and legitimately won the orb in SF’s map. The only thing I’ve seen that could be hacking happened on SF by SF players. It might have just been a map glitch where my whole guild saw an extra orb on the map, as it flew to EH; which already had an orb.

None of the potential hacking I have seen has come from GoM. I’ve seen ppl on the server do it in the past two match ups. GoM has always rallied to give those orbs back to their rightful owners too. However this week I can honestly say I haven’t seen any wrong doing from our server.

in WvW

Posted by: fatboy.5016

fatboy.5016

its not us. that 2nd orb kept appearing in previous matchs and wasnt under our ownership. Their used to be 3 orbs on that map, then they all vanished and the 2nd randomly appears. We reported it, as it gets bugged at titanpaw. I am very curious wats causing it to appear, i mean is it from the other maps? See wat happend with us is the orb (2nd one) would get bugged and be giving the enemy the bonus all week and no one could move it at all. Personally being a wvw player all day, night n every day, i havent seen people hack on my server, now ont he pve side i seen a ton of bots. However if their is foul play on our end, By all means find out who and we will dispose them and make sure their banned. We never had the orb vanishing acts till gom and ehmry showed up. So dont blame us about the stupid 2nd orb. Ask anet why it keeps appearing. and its never giving us a bonus so check your stats.

in WvW

eqpablon.9072

Thanks for the heads up fatboy. I was geniunely curious if it was foul play or a bug. Since its a bug I can honestly say I’ve seen 0 hacking for this matchup when I’ve been in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Late Monday night score update:
http://i.imgur.com/6RMWE.jpg

in WvW

Posted by: gosu.4128

gosu.4128

It’s hilarious how so much of this hacking accusation is based on speculation. Yes, we have had hacking incidents in the past, but what proof do you have that all of the orbs were hacked this time?

I can’t speak for the other orbs, but in regards to the orb that was taken from SF’s borderlands, which was located in the north supply camp, was taken in under 4 minutes, with 2 balistas, and a handful of people.

Why?

Because it was undefended, with only NPCs guarding the orb. I can’t fathom how an undefended orb, at the north altar, can be claimed as “hacking”, when it was barely defended.

Any server that leaves their orb at the defence by NPCs, with zero sieges, AND at the north altar, is questionable.

What I’m concerned though, is despite our shameful hacking incidents in the past, there is a growing trend of possibly falsely accusing any server of hacking, (unless completely obvious, like flying straight through walls and stuff).

(edited by gosu.4128)

in WvW

Posted by: Zindel.8673

Zindel.8673

Just wanted to say, great fight @SF/OL tonight, both sides. Was a blast!

~I’m in ur keep….stealin ur cake!

in WvW

Posted by: Manjo.1230

Manjo.1230

I can’t say anything about any of the orb stuff since I mostly play in the AMs but…

I can tell you that all three sides have their fair share of hacks going on. I see it the most in the early hours (maybe less chance of being reported?).

Oh well. Report and carry on.

Here’s one of the Gates of Madness ones if anyone would like to assist in a report past the in game function. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY5cx6LmOGU

Manjo – Ehmry Bay – Pink-Booted Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: TsukasaHiiragi.9730

TsukasaHiiragi.9730

lol you can’t be serious? GoM used major hacks Saturday and Sunday ~ everyone saw it. No point even reporting it because Anet right now are not doing anything to stop these problems, the more they ‘allow’ this exploits and hacks to go unpunished the more and more bold these script kiddies become. Whats next? The instant kill an entire zerg hack? (joke there, looking at what happened to WoW..)

protest this travesty of a patch -
Get it taken down -
Do whatever it takes if you care about this game -

in WvW

Manjo.1230

It sucks, but to my knowledge there is not a whole lot they can do for speed + flying hacks that won’t get fixed overnight. Generally speaking bans happen in waves to help hide what may have triggered the ban as well as cause as much damage to a hacks customer base as possible (YOUR PRODUCT GOT ME BANNED G REFUND NOW).

Look at WoW, they STILL have not fixed those kinds of hacks even though triggers to warden keep growing and growing.

in WvW

Posted by: Raist.4580

Raist.4580

Such a joke that some fourm warrior guild leader who is never out in WvW cries hacks that effected the entire day/night and week of fighting has to come to the fourms. Your making a fool of yourself if you think and entire server is hacking and that even if hacking is going on it can drastically effect a score in this WvW system.

When you make the statement everyone saw it means you did not see anything yourself. Que up and fight and learn to play.

Spend every morning EST on GoM in WvW and see hard fought battles. The rest of [KBD] is out every night busting kitten fighting with the rest of the server. To taint the work being done by GoM’s guilds 24/7 with the complaints of hacks is bogus.

Those on all 3 servers who are actually out there fighting in WvW day in and day out know the truth and that a few supposed hackers can not effect this scoring system.

Raist Delirium | [KBD] Killed by Death | Tarnished Coast
Commander of the Army of Northern Virginia
http://failmore.enjin.com

(edited by Raist.4580)

in WvW

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

You’re* an* Queue*

Hacks can drastically affect weekly scores, look at last week for an example.

in WvW

Manjo.1230

Say what you will, but when we have to defend against a well organized group as well dedicating groups to swatting down the constantly assaulting flying huntsman breaking all siege, well, its a bit discouraging.

No side is benefiting satisfaction wise. And if you deny the effects of some ranged fliers who can safely float outside the range of half the players effective dps range in wvw, you have other problems.

in WvW

Posted by: Divinorium.8952

Divinorium.8952

Well… if it’s something that always was happened? What you think about reporting him? Taking SS? Or at least saying his guild, if he was in one, there so we can keep closer eye over him/them.
Don’t just cry. Take iniativer your own. We can’t “focus” in what ppl in our side is doing in mid of fight, when we have enemies trying to kill us.

in WvW

Manjo.1230

Don’t just cry. Take iniativer your own. We can’t “focus” in what ppl in our side is doing in mid of fight, when we have enemies trying to kill us.

Video reports have been submitted. Problem is because of how bans are handled, most these requests are not addressed for several days, g.

I do think we’d be losing anyway though. I’m starting to believe Ebay is a bunch of weekend warriors.

(edited by Manjo.1230)

in WvW

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

We’re 2nd, and closer to first then we are to third. Is the mentality here “If you ain’t first, you’re last”?

in WvW

Posted by: Santent.3647

Santent.3647

Gate of Madness been representing well. Keep it up my lovely munchkins!

:——: Santent – 80 Thief —--:
Gate of Madness – Chaos Legion (CL)

in WvW

Posted by: Flic.6938

Flic.6938

EB been doing alot better this week than last, but we do need more people that dont play peak times, thats when score gets away from us a bit. Have noticed more hacks this week, but that seems to be happening in all matches so not gonna point fingers, just hope it gets fixed.
Regardless have had some good battles with GOM and SF

in WvW

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

It’s hilarious how so much of this hacking accusation is based on speculation. Yes, we have had hacking incidents in the past, but what proof do you have that all of the orbs were hacked this time?

I can’t speak for the other orbs, but in regards to the orb that was taken from SF’s borderlands, which was located in the north supply camp, was taken in under 4 minutes, with 2 balistas, and a handful of people.

Why?

Because it was undefended, with only NPCs guarding the orb. I can’t fathom how an undefended orb, at the north altar, can be claimed as “hacking”, when it was barely defended.

Any server that leaves their orb at the defence by NPCs, with zero sieges, AND at the north altar, is questionable.

What I’m concerned though, is despite our shameful hacking incidents in the past, there is a growing trend of possibly falsely accusing any server of hacking, (unless completely obvious, like flying straight through walls and stuff).

First I want to say I know I am about to be infracted for this post I could care less. if the company cannot handle its customers talking some kitten to each other kitten them.
It is what WWW is ALL ABOUT. War. I know when I am at war I would demean my enemy in anyway I could to demoralize them. Of course in a game this does not mean cheating in anyway. I am just talking about the forms…

This is to any of you kittens that is acussing GOM of hacking this week. Prove it you internet kitten? kittening prove it. I see lots of words and I witnessed the actions of hacking yesterday by SF myself…see how easily I can just say that and provide no proof but my word? Don’t be that kittening ignorant seriously. The server contains hundreds of players none of which have the expertise to hack a paper bag with a pair of scissors. kitten (directed only at the actual kitten that love to sling accusations) do you realize that anyone that can perform necessary hacks to grab orbs or T-BAG you can just move from server to server watching us slap each other in text in game and in forums. THEY are the ones getting the laugh here. You are pulling a full lemming and you can never go full lemming… please flame me now.. now i say kitten now. I AM flaming you I am calling you out. Show me your kittening proof you kittening kitten wad kittens…

See how awful it is to have to even read that. That is the attitude I feel from everyone on this forum that just wants to accuse. Report people, kittening report your guild mate anyone on your server or any server you can see and prove is hacking. Call them out on the forums here by NAME and character they were on. I don’t care if ANET gives a kitten. If they won’t move faster to solve the issues that a disgustingly small percentage of the total player base is causing all of us then kitten them as well. Call them out if you need to. This may be their forum but without their clients (us) they would not have a forum or a game to attach to it.

I play on Gates of Madness and I am NOT A kittenING CHEATER.

(copy and paste that into a reply to this message if you are to)

Kitten kitten kittens, kitten kitten kitty poop on a kitty kitten kitteners all over your kitten.

Kitten you and all your kittens with a kitten kitten kittener

PS fun match-up so far. I think I’ve killed about 250 GOMs over the last few nights and they were tasty

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

(edited by Furiousbeard.7602)

in WvW

Posted by: jbrother.1340

jbrother.1340

Thanks its fun playing this match up. More so than the others in previous encounters. The sides all seem to want to play and not quit or cheat. It feel all like hear say until I see proof. kitten the naysayers.

in WvW

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Nah, you’re good. As long as you’re not singling out that one guy with the fragile feelings, your post shouldn’t be in violation. Just don’t blame all of EB/SF for the handful that are mouthing off with their heads clearly up their kitten The matchup has been really fun and respectful, for the most part, and I would love to fight against these servers again in the future. Here’s to hoping all three servers finish the week strong.

Except for Furiousbeard. Kitten that guy.

in WvW

Posted by: Cement.6472

Cement.6472

great game Anet

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: neoxide.7320

neoxide.7320

SF has fallen behind and unless the tides shift dramatically, we will not be able to catch up. We simply do not have the population to defend against EBay and GoM. Both Ebay’s and GoM’s peak populations are at different times and they both flatten the maps when their peak time comes. SF’s peak time is about equal to an average non-peak team of the other worlds. Other than the occasional lead we take during our peak, we can muster up 1 good sized group and only focus on 1 map at a time.

We get some great fights in but I wish our world had more people so we could actually compete and have a sense of tension. Right now it feels like we fell out of the match.

(edited by neoxide.7320)

in WvW

TeamBattleAxe.3901

We get some great fights in but I wish our world had more people so we could actually compete and have a sense of tension. Right now it feels like we fell out of the match.

Keep fighting. There’s still time to bounce back. We (GoM) had a strong weekend, but it’s way too early to claim victory or count anyone out.

in WvW

Posted by: jbrother.1340

jbrother.1340

Nah, you’re good. As long as you’re not singling out that one guy with the fragile feelings, your post shouldn’t be in violation. Just don’t blame all of EB/SF for the handful that are mouthing off with their heads clearly up their kitten The matchup has been really fun and respectful, for the most part, and I would love to fight against these servers again in the future. Here’s to hoping all three servers finish the week strong.

Except for Furiousbeard. Kitten that guy.

No of course not. Just anyone who would take the attitude that one person should build “game” reputation for an entire server. Such has been the case on several forums including this one since the first time there was a hack done on orbs in GOM Vs Vs match. We took the brunt of a lot of lame kitten and it has been hard to make any come back in player population which we apparently have done. Thanks to anyone who did not leave the first time.

in WvW

Posted by: lucied.7526

lucied.7526

lol at the spy picture it is funny but still something all servers do im tristana by the way

Tristana Bloody Arms (ARMS)

in WvW

Posted by: Lauren.3061

Lauren.3061

Ah, definitely feels as though the match died out for us over the last couple of days. Can’t say I have much motivation to dive in there — I really do hope the hacking issues get sorted out. Have seen some nice fights all around EBay and GoM, thanks for the matchup this week both of you and good luck going forward.

~Arabella

in WvW

Raist.4580

in WvW

Furiousbeard.7602

You know Lauren, it’s not too late for SF to join with Ehmry Bay to take down GOM

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81

in WvW

Posted by: Scorpio Shirica.1286

Scorpio Shirica.1286

I noticed PRO and some coincidental GoM zergs on the Orb respawn rate as soon as the orbs were hacked, funny it happened on all three Borderlands within just a few minutes. While it may not be the majority of their server, it sure kitten off my server enough to blindly focus on them at the expense of our other fronts in many battles.

I feel bad for GoM, but as long as so many people coordinate to use hacks, I can’t see it being easy to rebuild their reputation until Anet really counters the hacking problem.

in WvW

Raist.4580

I noticed PRO and some coincidental GoM zergs on the Orb respawn rate as soon as the orbs were hacked, funny it happened on all three Borderlands within just a few minutes. While it may not be the majority of their server, it sure kitten off my server enough to blindly focus on them at the expense of our other fronts in many battles.

I feel bad for GoM, but as long as so many people coordinate to use hacks, I can’t see it being easy to rebuild their reputation until Anet really counters the hacking problem.

Got to love posts like the one above. Priceless and totally clueless.

in WvW

Posted by: Ralathar.7236

Ralathar.7236

GOM had some good battles with us and it’s sad to see a few cheapen the efforts of the entire server.

Though I will say they have begun to wait until people have gone to work in the morning to pull out a pocket zerg. It wasn’t like that at the start of the match-up. I can only imagine it’s server transfers and people without jobs because from 3:30PM to 7AM central EB does well. At 7AMish however GOM suddenly triples in it’s population while SF and EB are at work.

I hope they rework the scoring system a bit. I don’t mind being outplayed, but it sucks to lose while everyone as at work. Like a weird twist on night capping.

Rashanala – 80 Elementalist
Ehmry Bay – Legion of the Iron Hawk [Hawk]

in WvW

eqpablon.9072

We (GoM and the guild PRO) just took all 3 orbs, legitimately as well might I add. Cry hacks now. You are getting stomped legitimately.

in WvW

Posted by: Davinna.2067

Davinna.2067

Awesome battles tonight on SF BL for the Bay! Way to go SF for being so persistent. At one point we had SF on the north and Ebay in the south.

Great match up with you guys!

The cake is a lie!
Crimson Phoenix [CPT] – Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: TsukasaHiiragi.9730

TsukasaHiiragi.9730

Rofl ~ GoM the server of legit hackers more like. Scorpio has it right though, I really pitty all the totally legitimate players on that server, because it’s obvious GoM is really earning such a well deserved bad reputation.

As much as I hate to say it, anet really should take down W3 altogether until all of the most serious of hacks/exploits can be patched because everyone, and I mean everyone knows, it just takes one single person to ruin the entire experience and that one single person can ruin an entire servers reputation – I think the entire GoM server needs to mend more than just a few fences.

protest this travesty of a patch -
Get it taken down -
Do whatever it takes if you care about this game -

in WvW

Posted by: krieb.6039

krieb.6039

It’s a bit unfair and illogical to say an entire server is hacking just because one troll is doing it most likely to intentionally tarnish the reputation of the server.

Hopefully they’ll disable orbs until a fix can be found.

It’s unfortunate about the orbs, but anyway, having fun fights this match up. ggs

in WvW

Posted by: Deer.1890

Deer.1890

Meh, your night zerg is to much for both SF and EB. Hacks or no hacks, the night capping would of made the score turn out the same way.

Good fights last night though in GoM

Deeer RLH

Deeer 80 Warrior RLH Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: Ralathar.7236

Ralathar.7236

This kind of thing didn’t happen at the start of the matchup at all. But it’s slowly gotten worse since the point reset until it’s down to this. They definitely gained population significantly. On top of their handful of hackers it’s really hard for others to compete.

The first round was a fairly even battle….

Also I want to clarify, night capping didn’t happen much till recently. The population surge and early morning capping while people were at work is a recent development. Because we got night capped a couple times then we put a stop to that crap so they found a time we could not be on and got a crapload more people as well.

Attachments:

Rashanala – 80 Elementalist
Ehmry Bay – Legion of the Iron Hawk [Hawk]

in WvW

Posted by: Noice.8730

Noice.8730

Ehmry Bay is looking good this week. Go Ehmry Bay!

Noice – Lvl 80 Elementalist
Noice To Meet Ya – Lvl 80 Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Divinorium.8952

Divinorium.8952

Bleh… seriously if you guys spend less time coming here and calling us “hackers” and more time actually playing.
Maybe you guys couldn’t be winning. but at least having fun and doing better.
I’ve seen PPL from both server teleport up and down of the cliffs and outmoving me, i’m a thief speed stacker. I’ve reported. But i didn’t came here and called everyone of cheaters, because most of the ppl didn’t use this kind of thing.

We, GoM, came from 2 weeks of total defeat. And ppl said we had cheaters than.
Now you guys came and said we are winning because of 1~2 cheaters?
Stop making excuses and begin to click, click, click.

Just saying….

in WvW

Furiousbeard.7602

I have to say that GOM has had Stonemist on lockdown pretty much since we started this round. That right there is a LOT of points going to them and I would say that has probably had the largest impact on this round.

I have not personally witnessed any hacking this round, and if there is exploiting, its probably far less than last round. That being said, I don’t spend 24 hours of my day online so my perspective is limited on that topic. If you see it, report it. Pretty simple.

My philosophy on this is, if you see a server member exploiting anything that is unintended within the game, it should be reported immediately. As a population, there are going to be FAR more good players than exploiters, and we as a community have a responsibility to enforce our rule set. If the community of our game is extremely active in policing these players, we will see the positive benefits in short time.

I see a lot of people harping on Arena Net to “fix the exploits” and “get the flyhackers” and “punish all the bad people” but ANet can only do so much. Their company is a lot smaller in size than their player base, and therefore will need our reporting to help them catch these people and ban them.

It is also extremely unfair to a server to say “GOM is all hackers” because this is most likely completely false. The other part of this problem is that exploiters can transfer servers, so they may make GOM look bad one week, then move to another server to do it there. No single server will be able to keep a squeaky clean image with regards to this problem, so EVERYBODY needs to help deter this behavior.

I can not stress that point enough. Everybody needs to help enforce it. If you are in the middle of defending a keep, and you see someone walking through walls, or flying to places to destroy things, stop everything you are doing and report that player. If it takes you out of the battle and you die as a result of getting the player reported, consider it a win.

I wish everybody a good round for the few remaining days, and my hats off to GOM for keeping Stonemist essentially untouched for the better part of a week. SF, I wish I had more to say to you guys, but honestly I haven’t seen much of you. I have had the distinct pleasure of chasing down a small group of TT guildies who were harassing supply camps but otherwise, I have stayed out of SF borderlands. I figured that GOM deserved more of my attention due to their larger player base.

Sorry for the wall of text, but sometimes you just get on a roll.

(edited by Furiousbeard.7602)

in WvW

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

Time to use a little logic and put this stupid “GoM are all hackers and only win by cheating” issue to rest.

The Argument against GoM
Premise 1: GoM is a bunch of dirty hackers
Premise 2: Hacking allows you a significant advantage in WvW
Conclusion: GoM wins lots of WvW matches

This conclusion does not match reality. GoM was completely destroyed the last two weeks. COMPLETELY DESTROYED! Last week was especially bad, we spent most of the time with less than 10% of the holdings. Therefore, one or both of these premises are wrong. Either GoM is not hacking, or GoM is hacking and it doesn’t significantly effect WvW.

Lets try again.

What we actually know
Premise 1: GoM loses a lot of WvW matches
Premise 2: GoM may have been hacking
Conclusion: Either GoM has not been hacking after all, or the hacking has been ineffective.

No one likes to lose, but the hacking QQ needs to stop. Don’t be that guy who cries “hacker” every time he loses.

Let me be clear, I’m not defending hacking or claiming that it is not important to end it. I am saying that GoM, as a server, does not deserve your hatred (at least not for this reason).

TL:DR
If GoM is hacking, it is ineffective because GoM still loses a lot. Stop hating on an entire server for the actions of a few. GoM does not significantly benefit from the hackers, but it has lost much due to the backlash.

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

in WvW

Davinna.2067

This kind of thing didn’t happen at the start of the matchup at all. But it’s slowly gotten worse since the point reset until it’s down to this. They definitely gained population significantly. On top of their handful of hackers it’s really hard for others to compete.

The first round was a fairly even battle….

Also I want to clarify, night capping didn’t happen much till recently. The population surge and early morning capping while people were at work is a recent development. Because we got night capped a couple times then we put a stop to that crap so they found a time we could not be on and got a crapload more people as well.

What I have seen happening on GoM with regards to this issue is we are starting to get a few people who organize the same maps. If I go to EB, I see the same people calling out intel and rallying the masses. If I go to SF borderlands, I know I can find player X who is keeping the map focused on defense or calling out what to attack. Then we have a group of about 5 commanders that are coordinating. They agree who’s going to which map, what their objectives are and contact each other if some back up is needed on a map. These coordinated commanders seem to have their peak later in the night. Who knew our server could coordinate? :P

As far as I’m aware, there is no large influx of players to our server. I am guessing that we have some casual players jumping on the bandwagon when they see we are winning. The last match up was abysmal. Everywhere we turned was a wall of invaders coming to steamroll us. I can’t blame them for wanting to come in for a more inspiring experience.

The cake is a lie!

in WvW

Posted by: EnochDagor.6185

EnochDagor.6185

Seriously? I don’t think hacking or not would matter at this point. The fact is that GoM dropped 4 positions… that’s 2 divisions. EB dropped 2 positions as well (at least 1 division). I mean seriously, I have not logged on once this week and not seen us ridiculously outnumbered on every front.

Add to that GoM and EB are definitely picking on SF. Don’t deny it because it is not an accusation. TBH, if I was commanding forces in a situation like yours, I would also be doing the same thing. SF is demoralized, we are weakened. We have a severe lack of numbers (hurray! no queues). Frankly, we’re easy points. Strategically it is the smart move. A move I wish SF commanders would take advantage of more often.

Often, I see our commanders change fronts for the simple fact that they want to change fronts. Not thinking about the fact that the new front splits our forces in half or worse, pulls enemy forces off of a front against us. Why do all the extra work? We never really play the hand where our enemies are bruising each other allowing us to gain some footing in non-contested areas. No, we generally like to go get involved… an idea I never understood.

Good news is… after some number crunching, looks like SF will be in the 2nd to last division next week… might be good for our morale. Meanwhile, GoM will move up a division to play SoR and Yak. EB will stay in the current division against DH and NSP.

Anyway, there’s your real reason for your dominance. Nothing more than being in the wrong division. Again, a flaw with ANet’s scoring and ranking system.

For those interested, my calculation results for next week’s matchups…
Jade Quarry 2156.515
Henge of Denravi 2091.877
Stormbluff Isle 2009.172

Eredon Terrace 2002.37
Isle of Janthir 1783.674
Crystal Desert 1754.586

Blackgate 1747.866
Tarnished Coast 1652.275
Fort Aspenwood 1645.676

Dragonbrand 1638.927
Sea of Sorrows 1616.791
Maguuma 1506.829

Gate of Madness 1455.385
Yak’s Bend 1455.175
Sanctum of Rall 1446.684

Northen Shiverpeaks 1445.964
Darkhaven 1429.021
Ehmry Bay 1379.437

Sorrow’s Furnace 1306.347
Anvil Rock 1103.25
Borlis Pass 1074.526

Ferguson’s Crossing 1016.434
Kaineng 655.49
Devona’s Rest 621.267

Source of data: http://mos.millenium.org/matchups

EDIT: formatting and such

80 Elementalist – Sanctum of Rall
Various other classes for figuring out how to kill em (thief, warrior, mesmer, etc…)
War is much more fun when you’re winning! – General Martok

(edited by EnochDagor.6185)

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

I do not think hacking is that common on GoM, nor do I think it is fair to say they are winning because of hacks, but to say it isn’t effective or doesn’t have an impact would also be in error. We were fighting at anz and trying to take the nearby supply camp. The hacking necro and some guy from EXEC kept us from capping the objective for a long time, which has a huge impact upon the flow of resources and the number of people we need to devote to taking one supply camp, thus weakening us at the tower and ruining an otherwise good fight.

Everyone is effected by this stuff, just wish folks like that EXEC guy would act accordingly. You cant do anything about the guy next to you hacking other then report, but you do not have to help the guy, or res him.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Davinna.2067

@Enerjak thanks for going to all of that trouble. I want the hacks removed as well. I hate that the few that are ruining a great community that is trying win honestly.

On a side note, I see GoM lost SM to Ebay at some point early in the morning. It must have been hacks :P <completely joking to add some humor to the post>

The cake is a lie!

in WvW

Posted by: Notensack.9268

Notensack.9268

@Tropic Thunder (SF)

I know what you guys are going for, but living to fight another day is the mentality of a loser. You really need to reign in the 20-40% of your group that’s abandoning those who can’t run. Your thief has been especially guilty of turn-tailing before the fight is lost. A 5 v 7 is infinitely easier to win than a 4v6.

This is how we do it
Run Like Hell recruitment

in WvW

Posted by: Sirenic.4275

Sirenic.4275

PRO (Protocol) leader here from Gates of Madness.

Hello. - I just came on to read this thread noticed that my guild is being accused of some really stupid stuff.
First of all – we do not hack not do we coordinate hacking in any way.

Second of all – we are just at the wrong place at the wrong times.
Everytime we go for an orb with our omegas, some dimwad decides to hack at that precise moment and leaves everyone in our guild asking what they saw and who was it.

All I know is it was someone named Blue something from GoM.
Other then that we know nothing.

So once again don’t make false accusations without proof, if you have proof and someone in my guild is hacking ill kick them and apologize. I cannot control my members actions.

Take care, and good job this week everyone!

Phizyn out.

-Phizyn [80 Sylvari Guardian]
Leader of Protocol [PRO]

in WvW

Posted by: Zindel.8673

Zindel.8673

I’m pretty sure if there is hacking going on in the game, its NOT limited to one or a few servers, and to claim GOM’s success in WvW this week is due to hacking is for conspiracy theorist and whiners. We’re not inviting them to our server, we’re not participating in their actions, and we’re too busy in EB, playing as a team, executing planned attacks, to pay attention to the group of hackers on your servers….doing the same thing.

Thanks for the cake.

~I’m in ur keep….stealin ur cake!