Epic Face-Palm Moments!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Death Card.2904

Death Card.2904

Ever just had those days were you play terribly, or you just do something utterly hopelessly stupid, or you see someone do something utterly stupid? I just want to see the epic face palm moments of the community right here

I’ll start with mine.
I was in a 1v1 as an Elementalist, and I used Ride the Lightning of the edge….and died. I’ve also been typing in chat and run off the edge with auto run.

in WvW

Posted by: Blankverse.4927

Blankverse.4927

A few days ago i was semi afk’ing in front of a tower surrounded by the Veterans. Every 1 min i looked on the screen to check if something happens.
After a while a warrior ran by, observed me and with my inner eye i could see the cloud above his head: “hmm, is he afk? Should i try to kill him?”. One minute later he decided to attack me. I made a roll, used Entangle and 10 sec later he was dead.
I continued afk’ing but that guy came back, made a party invitation and whispered me:
“Don’t kitten run kitten into the guards kittenkittenkittenkittenkittenkitten noob” ;-)

(edited by Blankverse.4927)

in WvW

Posted by: MRA.4758

MRA.4758

I just died while I was doing the ogre event. When I reached the event I noticed that we (“red”) had already 50% of progress, so I started killing harpies to help out. “Red” made fast progress and maybe two minutes later the event ended —- uhm, failed? It was not before I was roflstomped by the Aurora zerg that was passing through me when I realized that we had been “red” last week, and that we are “blue” in this week …

On a related note, yesterday, while we were upgrading and defending the captured red keep, I noticed an Aurora player trying for about a minute to enter Veloka through that blue door before him. He obviously wasn’t realizing that we captured Veloka some minutes ago, and, much to his misfortune, I was manning a balista behind him.

~MRA

IGN: Peavy (Asuran Engineer)
Tyrian Intelligence Agency [TIA]
Dies for Riverside on a regular basis, since the betas

in WvW

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

Any time I take one of the southern towers and a defender of that tower runs to the lords room, sees they are outnumbered and turns and tries to run back through the portal after the cap.

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

At least once or twice a night after a glorious 5v30+ battle where we destroy our opponents our fearless leader will find the one spot where it is not safe to jump down and wipe half the group to gravity. Its good to keep grounded I guess

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

Wanted to join our zerg at north hills, so was running past the wall from south hills. I noticed a party of 5 enemie players. They ran towards me and I ran past them. Did a dodge roll towards the wall and feared all 5 down. Was hilarious.

Another player saw us infront of garrison gate, he made run for it with all his abilities towards the portal. He didn’t noticed garrison was ours. He kept running while we killed him…

Another time, we wiped a zerg a north inner bay, we were collecting our bags when we noticed 1 enemie was still ramming the gate. Brave soul :p.

1 of my fails, I had double tap to dodge activated and was in a golem. They made a portal on a cliff and I wanted to take it, I double tapped to position myself and ran to my death :/.

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

(edited by MiLkZz.4789)

in WvW

Posted by: Phoenix.7069

Phoenix.7069

I chased an engineer for about 10 mins around the map today and did well until he dropped a turret kit on my head and a nearby drake fire-breathed me to a crisp.

Avis – Sylvari Ranger
Ävia – Asura Thief
Overseer of Hired Assassins – Sanctum Of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Pheppo.9286

Pheppo.9286

Best story from my side.

Once we attaked with about 7-8 people the hill fortress. We build one golem. We opened the south gate without been scouted.
The golem with our mesmer went to the northern inner gate. The rest of us went to the western inner gate.
As intended we were “zerged” by the appearing defenders. The defenders repaired the south door and they really did not detect our remaining golem and mesmer.
The defenders went away. As we run back to the hill fortress, we wanted to use a mesmer portal from the vista to re-enter the hill fortress and to rejoin with our team mates.

You surely can imagine what happened. Our mighty mesmer “double dodged” over the cliffs, as he tried to find a good position for the gate
Inside the hostile hill fortress we owned a brand new and quite sad golem … without any driver

This was the only time i “stomped” a dead corpse within the WvW ^^

Server: Riverside [DE]
Chars: The fluffy Flapsi (Ele), Fipsip (Mesmer), Flappo (Necro), Fenix (Engi)

(edited by Pheppo.9286)

in WvW

Posted by: Esprit Dumort.3109

Esprit Dumort.3109

Best story from my side.

You surely can imagine what happened. Our mighty mesmer “double dodged” over the cliffs, as he tried to find a good position for the gate
Inside the hostile hill fortress we owned a brand new and quite sad golem … without any driver

This was the only time i “stomped” a dead corpse within the WvW ^^

Ouch. I feel for your loss. I’ve had my share of double-tap roll deaths, until I disabled it and used the keybind instead, never been happier.

I’ve seen plenty of enemies trying to run out of a just-capped portal, that wasn’t theirs. I’ve also seen players trying to run into a tower they thought was theirs.

Jessamine [SNOW]
Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: wish.3102

wish.3102

I remember this one time I got into a 1v3 against some players, and I killed 2, and was working on the last one when 2 more showed up to help. I killed 2 more and right when I downed the last guy, and was ready to stomp, and was feeling super amazing with myself… I got run over by their zerg because I wasn’t paying attention and died. I felt like such a tool at that point, lol.

Jade Quarry. RNG/THF/GRD/WAR
SovietSpaceDogs[SSD]

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

Every once in a while (maybe every couple of weeks) I’ll find myself totally helpless in a fight. None of my abilities work and all I can do is run around until I die. I start to complain about it in guild chat only to see that huge string of unsent numbers and letters next to my name there in the chat box.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

We had a 9-year-old kid take not one, but two golems out into a field to “play” while his mother was frantically yelling at him on map to stop. Embarassment aside for the poor mom, I thought it was kind of funny. The kid was having a blast. (The mom later repaid the cost of the golem to the guild that built it).

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: ARM.3912

ARM.3912

I have never made a mistake.

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

I wasn’t there… but this is probably the biggest fail ever.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in WvW

Posted by: Phoenix.7069

Phoenix.7069

The number of times I face-palmed during that video is immeasurable…

Avis – Sylvari Ranger
Ävia – Asura Thief
Overseer of Hired Assassins – Sanctum Of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Teamkiller.4315

Teamkiller.4315

I remember this one time I got into a 1v3 against some players, and I killed 2, and was working on the last one when 2 more showed up to help. I killed 2 more and right when I downed the last guy, and was ready to stomp, and was feeling super amazing with myself… I got run over by their zerg because I wasn’t paying attention and died. I felt like such a tool at that point, lol.

I feel like you are bragging, and this isn’t an epic face palm moment…

One of mine, I charged alone into 30 guys stacking might.

Yeah so you know how to stack might on a fire field you have to blast it? Mmhm I got hit by all those blast finishers…

in WvW

Posted by: Raven Paradox.1860

Raven Paradox.1860

I use to be on Blackgate.

Another one is that I absolutely hate playing on the Borderlands that my server “owns”. I constantly forget there is a garrison waypoint and I keep trying to run to Garrison but die by the cliffs…

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

The number of times I face-palmed during that video is immeasurable…

… wow

Attachments:

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

i wanted to take out the node near garrison,saw an enemy ranger and started to attack him….my attack didint hit him but a krait and i ended up agroing like 12 of them and got killed by them while he swam away.

oh and never follow anyone that has 50 percent less fall dmg…

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: JudgeD.5673

JudgeD.5673

I dislike fighting near cliffs cause I’ve died more than once dodging the wrong direction. The upside to this is that I’ve managed to take enemy players with me, which I find funny when it happens.

The Robertsons – Julie, Lyana, Adrian, and Lewis
CrSy/LaWz
Tarnished Coast Server (formerly of Kaineng)

in WvW

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

Me: “Hai guys. I’m a Mesmer hiding in an enemy keep. Who wants a portal?”
Everyone else: “Me me me me me”
“Okay, I will jump down this cliff so that I can port right next to champion”
“Umm, that cliff is a little high, you should choose a different place to jump down”
“Nah it’s fine, I’m traited for reduced fall damage. I’ve done this before.”
jumps down, dies – no chaos storm – portal timer resets
“Okay, so it appears I forgot to trait for reduced fall damage…….res?”

Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

Last night I notice white swords on south supply camp so I ran down to check it out. There were two enemies there slowy pulling off guards and scouts to take them out. I ran up to them, jumped around in their faces, not hitting them and so they thought it was a bright idea to hit me. I let them plink me a few times, barely any damage at all, so then I ran into the vet who still had about 1 minute on the buff. I turn around, they’re both dieing to the vet, I’m two loot bags richer and laughing on mumble.

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

in WvW

Posted by: Squibbles.8724

Squibbles.8724

Is that commander still active?? Cuz…wow. That there is why commander should be bought by badges, not gold.

Squibbles – 80 Engineer. Littles – 80 Guardian. Ripples – 80 Necromancer.
[VL] & [RET] of FA

in WvW

Posted by: Adaskio.9634

Adaskio.9634

Ever just had those days were you play terribly, or you just do something utterly hopelessly stupid, or you see someone do something utterly stupid? I just want to see the epic face palm moments of the community right here

I’ll start with mine.
I was in a 1v1 as an Elementalist, and I used Ride the Lightning of the edge….and died. I’ve also been typing in chat and run off the edge with auto run.

i do that all the time

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

I placed a Ram at the gate of a Tower which already had a wall down…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Tarkus.4109

Tarkus.4109

Leading a mostly PuG zerg off a cliff when I had a lag spike and the guys followed me over, it turns out not everyone uses fall damage reduction

Retired OCX Pugmander and Guild driver [Tarkus, Vaelle]

in WvW

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

our guild was in bay preparing to be attacked by the enemy zerg. so we all stood on the northern walls waiting for our enemies, when i noticed a dolyak on the way to their garrison. i ran to it, killed it and when i turned around to go back to bay, a zerg of ~50 ran over me.
for reasons unknown sometimes i just stop thinking when it comes to dolyaks…

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

our guild was in bay preparing to be attacked by the enemy zerg. so we all stood on the northern walls waiting for our enemies, when i noticed a dolyak on the way to their garrison. i ran to it, killed it and when i turned around to go back to bay, a zerg of ~50 ran over me.

I don’t know why but that last line put me into a laughing fit.

Ummm probably letting myself get beaten by a singular Mesmer playing as a bunker Elementalist. Yep. Not one of my finer moments. Oh and before I turned off auto target, RTL back into a zerg, after I turned it off, accidentally deselecting the enemy then RTL off a cliff. With great power comes great room for stupidity.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

in WvW

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

I would like to meet the dd ele who hasn’t RTLed back into what they’re running away from at least once.

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

in WvW

Posted by: eupholax.7025

eupholax.7025

A couple of weeks ago i was following my guilds commander with a zerg of about 45 people. So after taking a tower we moved on to check on a keep, but he (the commander)decided to take a short-cut and jumped of a cliff and died and so did the 30ish people that followed him.

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

I would like to meet the dd ele who hasn’t RTLed back into what they’re running away from at least once.

SOmetimes i fake run away RTL so that i can smack the enemy in the kitten-sack again

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: illutian.7630

illutian.7630

So…I have these ‘Leap’ abilities…and sometimes while in retreat I’ll hit them to try and get further ahead of the enemy mass on my….um…bum. Only to forget that one of the enemy players is still targeted…behind me.

Have you ever backed into a hornets nest? XD

Main: illutian Kade
Server: Borlis Pass
Guild: Midgard Protectorate

in WvW

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I have been playing since pre-release and hit lvl 80 within 2 weeks. I think of myself as a decent player that most of the time knows what he is doing. Well, sometimes, I dont:

While working on map completion in Nov/Dec I finished all PvE Maps first, during that time, I wasnt very keen on WvW. After I was done with it, I focussed on the WvW maps. Of course, a couple of POI´s and Vistas took a long time to get but when i finally finished the lasst WvW map, i was still stuck at 99% world completion. So I waypointed into every map to check, if I missed something. I didnt realize that if you hover over the map name for each region on the world map, it states, what still is missing in terms of POI´s, Vista´s, hearts and skill points. So I wasted nearly 2G on waypoint-fees porting through all zones. But as all zones that i visited were complete, I thought that it must be a bug. It took me an additional week to realize that I havent been to the City of Rata Sum at all, which had all the stuff that i was missing.

And here is another cracker:
After at least 1000+ hours in game I just realized this weekend that you can use Utility- and Elite Skills under water. So for half a year, I have been fighting under water with only my weapon- and healing skill slotted.
When I told my guildies in Teamspeak, there was laughter for minutes. The good thing about it is, I wasnt doing too bad in under water combat but now, I am OP.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in WvW

Posted by: gabal.4520

gabal.4520

My former guild leader activated guild catapult which you can’t put back in inventory just when big enemy group charged us so she couldn’t use any of her spells and died instantly. Enemies got a free blueprint along with loot bags that time…

I used rtl after I jumped towards the Water camp south of hills. Only to hit the wall instead of water and die instantly… Also, once I attacked quaggan node together with an invader trying to destroy it. After a few minutes I realized I’m attacking my own node – that other guy must have been very confused…

The funniest such moment happened in another MMORPG I played but I’ll translate the situation in GW2 terms.
A certain consumable which was available only at one vendor in game was required for a special spell which allowed you to capture the end-dungeon boss and fight it again later in a special arena. Me and guildies were getting ready to fight and one of them said he will run to get said consumable. Only to say in guild chat:
Him: There are none on sale.
Me: What do you mean there are none on sale?
Him (slightly aggravated): just what I said, there are none on sale!
Me: Please don’t tell me you are buying them on Trading Post?
Him: Well where else are you supposed to buy them?
Me: From a NPC that is 2 feet away from Black Lion Representative
Him: … I’m going to kill myself
Everybody else in guild: ROFLMAO

He was buying that consumable from trading post at double the prices vendor was selling them – somebody was making a mint on him. No wonder he was always broke

Infidelija, boatswain of Bloody Pirates [YARR], lvl 80 elementalist
hobby: busting Trebuchettes
Gandara server

in WvW

Posted by: Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Heh! I was engrossed in trying to finish off a Thief (I’m a Ranger – so was a matter of pride), and didn’t notice the enemy zerg steam-rolling towards us. When I did notice, couldn’t do anything other than stand perfectly still, whispering to myself, over and over: “Maybe they won’t notice! Maybe they won’t notice!”

For a very short while, they didn’t…

Blood
(I have to know! In WvW, do Legendary NPCs drop Legendary loot?)

in WvW

Posted by: AmIAnnoyingNow.2903

AmIAnnoyingNow.2903

1) Commander was checking map with autorun on with a zerg of 50 following. Ran straight into a legendary defender and the whole zerg followed him in to it and wiped.

2) Commander place 4 rams, got the gate to 40% before we realized the wall was already down (Somebody on TC forgot to kill our catas from the last siege.)

3) Was sieging a keep, when a defending zerg was running up behind us through the outer gate. Commander had us stack, pop boons, then proceeds to try to run through the enemy gate portal for an ambush. Didn’t work very well.

4) Somewhat new mesmer called on to portalbomb into hills lord room, panics and drops exit in the middle of the chokepoint on ALL of the AoE spam. Entire zerg wipes.

5) Cliffs – 34, me – 0. Nuff said. My little asura is always falling through cracks and off cliffs when I’m trying to sweep.

6) Those lovely moments when pugs try to siege their own towers.

(edited by AmIAnnoyingNow.2903)

in WvW

Posted by: JudgeD.5673

JudgeD.5673

Yeah, seems all the exciting stuff seems to happen on Kaineng. Though dodge rolling off the cliffs at Garrison seems to be universal…..

The Robertsons – Julie, Lyana, Adrian, and Lewis
CrSy/LaWz
Tarnished Coast Server (formerly of Kaineng)

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

First time i used a ram, kept pressing 2 till the door broke.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Posted by: Kagoshima Josh.5412

Kagoshima Josh.5412

I was watching my wife play Tomb Raider on her PC the other day (her desk is behind mine) and got a little too absorbed, because when I turned around my character was dead at the bottom of a cliff.

Arnold is Numero Uno

(edited by Kagoshima Josh.5412)

in WvW

Posted by: kerona.3465

kerona.3465

Every time you are called on for a portal bomb and die from AoE 1 pressing spam before you can place the exit while invisible. Story of my life.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Oblyth, Mes ~ Nadeshiko Naito, War ~ Hwertu, Gua
Evenree, Necro (M) ~ Ran Still Died, Thief