Europe super clash Red Guard vs. Za Drots GVG

in WvW

Posted by: Cyril.1486

Cyril.1486

Hi there !

First off before i do anything i want to make it clear this is not a video about who is better i’m not really about all this guild slanging in forums. If i like a guild they will know about it if i don’t then they won’t. this is a video about promoting a part of the game. It seems now about a month down the line, since we started doing organized Guild vs. Guild matches with SiN/TUP that a lot of people have now started making there own matches. We recently saw a lot of US server guilds take some time off the campaign, to get involved init as well which was a good thing to see and watch guilds like VOTF, HB, EMP and TSYM. Also last week there was possibly one of the best matchups going between SiN and OPT. There is now even talk about guilds in tier 1 EU trying to approach it with KAZ putting out an open challenge to guilds like WL and MOS which is a great thing in my opinion, hopefully GH will get involved as well, if you do this make some video’s or stream it cause a people are keen on watching it. I’m not saying or do i want this to take over Wvwvw completely, far from it but it is something to change up the pace a bit with a lack of Wvwvw content not flowing into the game from the devs.

So now to the video this contains footage from 2 different servers and matchups. We have Nuke and RNV from Burach Bay and also ZDS and VCY from Seafarer’s Rest. ZDS Za Drots really made a big impression on Red Guard as being the 1 guild that pushed us all the way in Wvwvw. There was a lot of wipes on either team out there over last weekend from Saturday through to Monday and a lot of people in RG believe that ZDS is the best guild we have fought and so would i.

So here is the video from myself warrior POV

Also a video from Doid mesmer POV

Here is some footage from Zumos also

Here is some Wvwvw footage from Teo from Za Drots

Also a big thanks to all the guilds that took part in this
Nuke
RNV
VCY
ZDS

(edited by Cyril.1486)

in WvW

Posted by: CrassBippy.4619

CrassBippy.4619

ill post here what i did there

not to bash, but these videos would be much more interesting if you did small GvG fights to show skill. like 5v5, still kinda cool but its just a mess of twirling damage, not much to really watch

Bi Furious [Fist] YB

in WvW

Posted by: Gunnar.5927

Gunnar.5927

not to bash, but these videos would be much more interesting if you did small GvG fights to show skill. like 5v5, still kinda cool but its just a mess of twirling damage, not much to really watch

5 man fights are spvp this is guild fight, it might seem like this is just a train but this is coordinated and skillfull play. Skill and coordination determines outcome otherwise it would just be random who wipes whom.

in WvW

Posted by: Wothan.4673

Wothan.4673

1m29 on the first movie is the perfect example of how too many effect make fraps in gw2 not interesting…

It’s probably 2 of the best guild of gw2 in 20/25+ scale, but when you see some fight, it’s boring, not because of the gameplay ofc, but because you can’t clearly see and enjoy the fight with so many and useless effect… ( miss you’r WAR movie )

Sad we never see RG vs OrZ .. on Gw2

Nahtow – [SR] Soul Reapers
Jade Quarry

(edited by Wothan.4673)

in WvW

Posted by: CrassBippy.4619

CrassBippy.4619

5 man fights are spvp this is guild fight, it might seem like this is just a train but this is coordinated and skillfull play. Skill and coordination determines outcome otherwise it would just be random who wipes whom.

so then 10v10? its just a train of skill spam. i know they are all likely very skilled, but this video showcases nothing. Just people running into a blob and spamming things.

Bi Furious [Fist] YB

in WvW

Posted by: Yaro.3251

Yaro.3251

Believe me, there’s as much details, facepalm and omg moments, synergy and skill in 25 vs 25 fights as it is in duels and 5 vs 5.

It’s just that naked (or untrained) eye may not catch all of it, may not “connect the dots” and not be able to reconstruct on the fly what happens tactically at any given moment in fight. It all looks like blob of fiery animation for uninitiated but there’s beauty, skill, synergy and supreme lighting fast decision making in these fireworks.

It’s like watching quality ping-pong. Pon-pon-pon Point! Wha…what? What happened? Was there a ball even? Too much information too fast.

Team Aggression [TA] – Golden Horde [GH]

(edited by Yaro.3251)

in WvW

Posted by: Kraken.7514

Kraken.7514

You can feel the tension in those Za Drots GvG fights.

Awsome vid.

Hope we can fight soon.

Kraken – Guardian / Pretty Meris – Engineer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LGQJUaYDQD8

in WvW

Posted by: Spiuk.8421

Spiuk.8421

ITT: Two clusterkittens of people spamming aoe damage.

How interesting… sigh, I miss Guild Wars.

Rubios – Tales of the Sunless [TXS]

in WvW

Posted by: Centrix.4065

Centrix.4065

so then 10v10? its just a train of skill spam. i know they are all likely very skilled, but this video showcases nothing. Just people running into a blob and spamming things.

It really isnt, even at bigger numbers. When you fraps these fights it seems more chaotic than it actually is. You’re also missing the voice-coms in those videos, so for the viewer it seems like random blob vs blob fights while the individual players know exactly what is going on.

I’ve noticed in the past that when I watched my recordings I would see things I completely missed while playing, and that helped me pay more attention to details in-game that eventually help me and my team. Watching back your own recordings really makes you a better player in my opinion. You notice the mistakes you made and you can learn from that.

We will GvG against VcY sometime this week and I really can’t wait

Lv.80 Elementalist, Guardian, Necromancer, Thief
[VII] Seventh Legion | http://twitch.tv/censtudios

(edited by Centrix.4065)

in WvW

Posted by: Fanfaron.6109

Fanfaron.6109

amazing video, Lyric, w8ing it all week.
we will finish render our own video with www clashes against RG soon, and i will post it somewhere.
at GvG u re clearly outplay us, gg wp again

[ZDs] Fanfaron, fieldcommander

in WvW

Cyril.1486

amazing video, Lyric, w8ing it all week.
we will finish render our own video with www clashes against RG soon, and i will post it somewhere.
at GvG u re clearly outplay us, gg wp again

Get me your video’s and ill post them on the OP on this thread mate be good to get some stuff over that weekend from a Za Drots point of view.

@Centrix be good to see NUG vs. VCY hope you make a video on it as well pal.

(edited by Cyril.1486)

in WvW

Posted by: saVdoom.2067

saVdoom.2067

Don’t understand why ZD try to turtle it up making all of them easy targets, besides it seems no one keep the pressure on RG, instead of everyone run to early for a regroup right after the first encounter, and get kittened up while doing it.

in WvW

Posted by: Sird.4536

Sird.4536

We will GvG against VcY sometime this week and I really can’t wait

Why am i only hearing this now :p

Looking forward to it, 2 ex FSP guilds going at it.

Also i dont know whats more awesome, the soundtrack or video.

RP enthusiast

in WvW

Posted by: Bunzy.8674

Bunzy.8674

This is just whoever positions the best, not very entertaining from a skill based point of view.

a 10v10 would be much better.

Bunzy – I’m a mother father gentleman
Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

in WvW

Yaro.3251

Don’t understand why ZD try to turtle it up making all of them easy targets, besides it seems no one keep the pressure on RG, instead of everyone run to early for a regroup right after the first encounter, and get kittened up while doing it.

Yeah, quick regroup is important for a pulse-like fights that you usually see in GvG. RG does it perfectly, there’s almost no delay. This allows them to be ahead of opponent who is doing basically same push-regroup-push pulses. Regroup time depends on raid classes/builds setup as much as on basic discipline.

(edited by Yaro.3251)

in WvW

saVdoom.2067

This is just whoever positions the best, not very entertaining from a skill based point of view.

Its much less about skill and much more about coordinating. Although i do agree a 10v10 would be much better to watch as well, much less then a culling clusterkitten.

in WvW

Posted by: Sird.4536

Sird.4536

We learned by fighting them its a lot more then that. People wont fully understand until you have done a WvW GvG against a top or good guild.

RP enthusiast

in WvW

Yaro.3251

It is also crucial, but there’s much more to it than just positioning and movement.

in WvW

Cyril.1486

Yeah, quick regroup is important for a pulse-like fights that you usually see in GvG. RG does it perfectly, there’s almost no delay. This allows them to be ahead of opponent who is doing basically same push-regroup-push pulses. Regroup time depends on raid classes/builds setup as much as on basic discipline.

As soon as we get to Desolation if we ever do somehow someday we will organize a GvG with you guys. Been hearing some good things about Golden Horde and we didn’t meet last time we were against Desolation maybe because of the timezone issue and choosing the wrong zone but your for sure a guild we want to bump into out there on the field.

in WvW

Yaro.3251

Enough to say that perspective of crossing swords with you is probably biggest driver for us to continually improve and train.

Looking forward to be part of it when the day comes.

in WvW

Posted by: kuora.5402

kuora.5402

To anyone who says “This is just AoE spam, clustercat lololol,” or along these lines, bring on your guild and try AoE spamming at your best.

You’ll get crushed, with these guys finishing with 0 defeated.

¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸
[Aia] Amoria- The guild of pleasant love

in WvW

Posted by: Kakeru.2873

Kakeru.2873

Got 1 mintue in wow was that boring to watch.

Sorry the videos aren’t in the least bit entertaining and are no showcase of skillful play. Gw2 videos like this just aren’t fun to watch, it’s the reason the game has like what 200 twitch viewers at any given time because watching people throw particle effects around is boring.

in WvW

Posted by: skupuz.6940

skupuz.6940

Believe me, there’s as much details, facepalm and omg moments, synergy and skill in 25 vs 25 fights as it is in duels and 5 vs 5.

It’s just that naked (or untrained) eye may not catch all of it, may not “connect the dots” and not be able to reconstruct on the fly what happens tactically at any given moment in fight. It all looks like blob of fiery animation for uninitiated but there’s beauty, skill, synergy and supreme lighting fast decision making in these fireworks.

It’s like watching quality ping-pong. Pon-pon-pon Point! Wha…what? What happened? Was there a ball even? Too much information too fast.

I’m totally have to disagree with you. 25v25 is nothing more than button smashing. Are there tactic and strategy involved? Some what but it comes down to who has more aoe CC, aoe damage, and aoe buff/boon.

25 v 25 fights will never be on the same level of a 5v5 or even 10 v 10 where you actually have to know which target to take out first, how to counter boons, how to fall back and re-engage, etc.

Is your video nice to watch? Yes, it is shiny.

in WvW

Yaro.3251

Will never be on the level of what?

As someone above said, you can focus on things that produce all the shiny booms on the screen and smash as much buttons as you can as a main tactic. But you’ll lose hopelessly to other teams that are of different opinion. That should be obviously clear.

You still need to track most vulnerable parts of your opponent’s raid and have these parts as priority targets. You still need to counter boons and cc, and for sure you need to know when and how to safely fall back and reengage. Being a 25, not 5 player group against same numbers just makes it that much harder.

Does fight get less personal with scale? Yes, sure. As scale goes up, you focus less and less on single targets, you generally don’t stomp (and do not need to know all subtleties around proper stomping), your skill bar in general looks less like a row of timers. That’s all true. But with scale comes complexity, your skill timing relative to that of other raidmates and synergy in both offense and defense.

Ultimately, GvG is a duel of two giants where you personally control only a part of the body. It doesn’t mean everybody just have to stay together while smashing all buttons. But if your giant acts and reacts as quickly as single player, only with 25x number of skills on skillbar, you have perfect raid. That’s an utopia of course, just analogy taken to the extreme to highlight a flaw in your attitude.

Looking at comments above I’m starting to think that you just don’t see real thing behind all graphical noise.

P.S. I’ve just realized something. While commenting I was referring specifically to the kinds of battles RG had with ZDs. If you got bored by first minutes, with all due respect to all the guilds in OP’s videos, real deal starts around 14:43 of the first video. First, some open field encounters and then pre-arranged GvG.

(edited by Yaro.3251)

in WvW

Posted by: graverr.6473

graverr.6473

I fail to understand why you did not created this thread on WvW instead of sPvP Section of the forums….Oh wait.

This thread is for the WvW community and we like MASS PVP,not 1v1 or 5v5.

Thx for the videos Lyric.Awesome fights

….Mini…

Mini Somales -Seven Instincts- [siN]

in WvW

Posted by: Fanfaron.6109

Fanfaron.6109

it was just mine, like commander, fail
thats all
bad skill and lack of expirience

[ZDs] Fanfaron, fieldcommander

in WvW

skupuz.6940

As someone above said, you can focus on things that produce all the shiny booms on the screen and smash as much buttons as you can as a main tactic. But you’ll lose hopelessly to other teams that are of different opinion. That should be obviously clear.

You still need to track most vulnerable parts of your opponent’s raid and have these parts as priority targets. You still need to counter boons and cc, and for sure you need to know when and how to safely fall back and reengage. Being a 25, not 5 player group against same numbers just makes it that much harder.

Does fight get less personal with scale? Yes, sure. As scale goes up, you focus less and less on single targets, you generally don’t stomp (and do not need to know all subtleties around proper stomping), your skill bar in general looks less like a row of timers. That’s all true. But with scale comes complexity, your skill timing relative to that of other raidmates and synergy in both offense and defense.

Ultimately, GvG is a duel of two giants where you personally control only a part of the body. It doesn’t mean everybody just have to stay together while smashing all buttons. But if your giant acts and reacts as quickly as single player, only with 25x number of skills on skillbar, you have perfect raid. That’s an utopia of course, just analogy taken to the extreme to highlight a flaw in your attitude.

Looking at comments above I’m starting to think that you just don’t see real thing behind all graphical noise.

P.S. I’ve just realized something. While commenting I was referring specifically to the kinds of battles RG had with ZDs. If you got bored by first minutes, with all due respect to all the guilds in OP’s videos, real deal starts around 14:43 of the first video. First, some open field encounters and then pre-arranged GvG.

Your comment regarding stomping or lack there of basically reinforce my argument. When you basically remove a core game mechanic in 25v25, you lessen the complexity of the engagement…

in WvW

Posted by: graverr.6473

graverr.6473

Skupuz .

GvG 25 is anything like and have nothing in common with small numbers spvp mechanics.8v8 already exists for ppl with your kind of prefference .That kind of gameplay for us WvW players is unapealing.

Also by following your logic the battle of Gettysburg had lesser complexity of engagement than a 5v5 bar fight.

Mini Somales -Seven Instincts- [siN]

(edited by graverr.6473)

in WvW

Yaro.3251

Your comment regarding stomping or lack there of basically reinforce my argument. When you basically remove a core game mechanic in 25v25, you lessen the complexity of the engagement…

You don’t “remove mechanic”. You simply do not use tactic that is suboptimal in particular circumstances.

in WvW

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

Love it! As an aspiring hammer warrior I always love watching your videos!

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.

in WvW

kuora.5402

… If you think you can muster up random 25, even 40 people to fight any one of these two guilds, I will pay for your transfer, lol. Remember to upload your video of getting drilled on your backside.

But seriously, your perspective of mid-sized GvG battle which apparently requires no skill amuses me greatly.

in WvW

skupuz.6940

… If you think you can muster up random 25, even 40 people to fight any one of these two guilds, I will pay for your transfer, lol. Remember to upload your video of getting drilled on your backside.

But seriously, your perspective of mid-sized GvG battle which apparently requires no skill amuses me greatly.

Show me where I said I can muster up 25 random or that 25v25 requires no skills at all? All I was staying is small fights are more complex than 25v25.

The guy posted his video for people to watch and since it is in the forum for people to comment. As for me, I posted my opinion. Nothing more nothing yes. But in the case of you, please learn to not put words in someone mouth…

(edited by skupuz.6940)

in WvW

Posted by: Polismassa.6740

Polismassa.6740

EMP has done a few GvG’s as well (as mentioned in the OP) and for those of you who have never actually been part of an organized battle of this size, the intensity and complexity of it might escape you. It might seem incredibly boring and simple , but battles at this level require situational awareness, precision timing and quick reactions easily on par with an sPvP match. I only wish that the engine was built to handle displaying these types of battles.

Mad respect to RG, as well as every single other guild in those videos. EMP has been really working to improve our tactics, and RG is definetely a huge inspiration.

Here’s hoping that Anet implements some sort of cross server GvG so you don’t have to transfer to find good opponents. It’s threads and videos like this that really display the value of the GvG as a competitive format.

[IX]

in WvW

Posted by: Jackie.1829

Jackie.1829

EMP has done a few GvG’s as well (as mentioned in the OP) and for those of you who have never actually been part of an organized battle of this size, the intensity and complexity of it might escape you. It might seem incredibly boring and simple , but battles at this level require situational awareness, precision timing and quick reactions easily on par with an sPvP match. I only wish that the engine was built to handle displaying these types of battles.

Nah, it wont require the same precision and reactions as spvp, you only need to watch say Jumpers stream to see what real precision is (he is one of fastest thieves in the game at using teleports in incredibly precise locations under pressure). However comparing the 2 is moot, spvp is one thing and wvw/gvg is another. GvG certainly is fun and challenging and appeals to a different playerbase and for that I do hope Arenanet takes what is being said on board and gives us what we want.

For those bashing it, whats the point, if you want twitch gameplay and “big plays” I may refer you to the streams of powerr, jumpers, teldo, magzz etc, the point is if thats what you want, there are more than enough top spvp streams out there.

For those who enjoy it such as myself, I appreciate the upload and commend the skill, it may not be spvp, but it certainly is something else to organize and perform with 25+ players, speaking as a commander of VoTF myself.

In any case awesome fights, and good footage as always.

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net
GW1 Rank 1 – 2 Gold Capes – [sC] [sup]

in WvW

Posted by: Intigo.1653

Intigo.1653

The fights versus Za Drots were so intense. Video was awesome.

80 Asura Elementalist – [Red Guard]
http://www.youtube.com/user/IntigoGW2

in WvW

Posted by: Reduktion.5791

Reduktion.5791

I m rly not impressed anymore of watching a new video of … whatever. If i would make videos of my turns around the map, i had enough stuff to make laugh the whole community here about some of these SUPER-MEGA-ULTRA-HIGH Guilds, Players, Skills, Classes … whatever. And if i see one single RG Member, i know – its a dead certain 1:0 for me! Thats the truth. But i dont will see that all the everlasting untalented guys are rerolling my class or post some topics to disparage my class because of my videos, i will go without this doubtful fame.

Indeed the mythos of RG works only, and rly only with massiv zerg support. And guilds like RG is, have of course high amount of membership. Sry but i have seen a great number of guilds with better individual players. Just sIN is one of these …

ps. my home is sfr
pps. i was just wondering where are the videos of RG wipes against [VcY] yesterday night … and i m not a member of this guild – Your videos are only a big glow. Well enjoy the good press …

(edited by Reduktion.5791)

in WvW

kuora.5402

Show me where I said I can muster up 25 random or that 25v25 requires no skills at all? All I was staying is small fights are more complex than 25v25.

The guy posted his video for people to watch and since it is in the forum for people to comment. As for me, I posted my opinion. Nothing more nothing yes. But in the case of you, please learn to not put words in someone mouth…

You said this

“I’m totally have to disagree with you. 25v25 is nothing more than button smashing.”

If you can’t remember what you said 30 minutes ago that’s pretty sad…

Now I’m half expecting you to say “OMG button mashing is skill tho. stop putting words into my mouth omg.” based on the idiocy you’ve displayed on this thread. In that case I’ll just leave this fiasco…

in WvW

Posted by: Zumos.2056

Zumos.2056

There is a lot of argument going whether this large scale combat is skillful or if it is just button smashing. I can understand that people think it is just button smashing and there is no coordination. First of all the screen is one huge chaos of all ground targeted abilities. I have the opinion that there is indeed too much ground kitten on the screen, but just to make sure, this has nothing to do with skill or anything. It actually only makes it harder to get track of what is happening.

Now if you look at these videos and you have none of limited experience with large scale combat you might think that it is indeed just button smashing and these two armies just run blindly into each other. But that is far from true. Many abilities are coordinated to get an advantage over an opponent. Though maybe even more important and also the reason why Red Guard won from Za Drots (IMO) is the movement. It’s certainly not just head on head. In these guild fights it is about catching people off guard and that way lower their numbers until you can wipe them with going head on head (without taking huge risk). In fighting larger zergs it’s about staying together, keep moving, keep killing and keep healing until you have wiped them all.

It is unfair to say that large scale combat is skilless, certainly if you have only limited (or none even) experience yourself. Obviously it is a completely different kind of skill than small scale combat, which btw I’m sure that both Red Guard and Za Drots can do as well. The problem is that small scale combat is related to sPvP too much, and sPvP is really not popular at all at not only RG, but many guilds I know from WAR as well.

The conclusion is that both large scale and small scale have a lot of skill related to it, just different kinds of. In addition it might be hard to find the skill when you have limited experience with large scale combat, while in small scale it is a lot easier to find it.

I did my best to make everything clear and stop this useless argument of skill ^^

Zumos
Red Guard

in WvW

Posted by: Dyno.9467

Dyno.9467

I cant understand how it can be just button smashing when its the same guilds winning the fights. If no skill was involved and it was just button bashing this would mean RG, ZD, GH etc would not win more GvG matches than other guilds.

“And now, to destroy you”

Asura – Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: Teo Lastword.7983

Teo Lastword.7983

Props to the Red Guard [RG] – the best/the strongest guild we ever fought (no doubt).
Here just some crazy WvW action – ZDs vs RG. Hope you will like it!
http://youtu.be/92cpxZGAteg
—-
Teo Draculesti [ZDs]

in WvW

saVdoom.2067

It is unfair to say that large scale combat is skilless, certainly if you have only limited (or none even) experience yourself. Obviously it is a completely different kind of skill than small scale combat, which btw I’m sure that both Red Guard and Za Drots can do as well. The problem is that small scale combat is related to sPvP too much, and sPvP is really not popular at all at not only RG, but many guilds I know from WAR as well.

Its pretty much exact same as in WAR. Some groups/guilds/players would rather focus in small 6 man groups doing scenarios or roaming against the zerg. And some other guilds/players focused on having full warbands of 24 people bombing the kitten out of each other.

I guess the general consensus is that i’d always take into my “WvW” any “sPvP” player because he’s used to much faster reaction and knows his class and all others very well (since it is required in high end spvp), and then its an issue of discipline and support build. But I wouldn’t take any “WvW” scale player into my sPvP team. Not saying both have their skillfull plays and so on, but large scale is much more about coordination, discipline, support focused builds and… pc hardware to handle all the aoe spam ;p rather then individual player skill.

in WvW

Posted by: Acelerion.6820

Acelerion.6820

Skupuz .

GvG 25 is anything like and have nothing in common with small numbers spvp mechanics.8v8 already exists for ppl with your kind of prefference .That kind of gameplay for us WvW players is unapealing.

Also by following your logic the battle of Gettysburg had lesser complexity of engagement than a 5v5 bar fight.

ITT we compare video games to real life war

OINK – Devona’s Rest
Mesmer-Thief
http://www.youtube.com/user/Axcelerion?feature=watch – Small group videos

in WvW

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

So that is what the big deal is about? I should have known I would be disappointed. Not surprising I guess, all things considered.

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

On Maguuma we try to get our voice comm players to work like this, but it’s going to take some training sessions, that not all players want to attend. It’s something we can work out on our forums. T3-4 NA bracket is always a zerg vs 20 or less of us. That’s why it’s not always fun to watch videos like the ones the OP posted.

In turn, it’s good to see how it all unfolds vs equal numbers and organization between 2 guilds. Little tidbits of information that is important for people to see what their specific roles should be. Watch the movement. Don’t stay behind to finish people. Zig-zag. Chain the CC’s where the enemy is expected to move. AoE stealth while heading in, then strafe while stealthed and burst from the side. And so forth.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Posted by: IDarko.4709

IDarko.4709

Yup, it becomes very boring to watch after a while. I still enjoy participating in GvG fights but when observing, it’s almost impossible to see tactical decisions. Sure, the positioning is interesting but besides that, most players seem to target the nearest enemy and slash around while trying to stay alive. Of course you still want to get that perfect hammerstun in and interrupt enemy rezzes etc. But it’s just a chaotic spamfest most of the time and that’s also how it looks fro mthe side.

I do very much enjoy watching spvp streams tho. I can’t wait for observer mode and championships.

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]
Gandara – WvW Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

I share the opinion of many others…too much fancy lights around and everyone is just spamming around, its very boring to watch.

I took an arrow to the knee

in WvW

Posted by: Wothan.4673

Wothan.4673

The problem is that small scale combat is related to sPvP too much, and sPvP is really not popular at all at not only RG, but many guilds I know from WAR as well.

Small scale is relate to sPvP in Gw2 yes, but not in War.

When you look what make small group like OrZ(post wb), Elementzz, Mos ( faenor group ), No Manner, Defiance, Furya.. in War, it’s totally related to RvR.

GW2 with limited ae/heal to 5ppl, small cc and ofc mainly because of this * wtf ground system…, it’s very difficult to face good group of 25/+ ppl when you are ~10.

We always play in this scale, ~12 vs RG/LNM/MOS and many other good group in War, it’s always was “good” fight ( for us, maybe boring for you xD ), even if we wipe very often time, but now, with the same scale difference for you and us, it’s completely different and we are very limited* :/

*vs group of 25+ ofc.

Nahtow – [SR] Soul Reapers
Jade Quarry

(edited by Wothan.4673)

in WvW

Posted by: buki.3108

buki.3108

How are you keeping protection on your melee for most of the fight?

in WvW

Posted by: Pannonica.5378

Pannonica.5378

I m rly not impressed anymore of watching a new video of … whatever. If i would make videos of my turns around the map, i had enough stuff to make laugh the whole community here about some of these SUPER-MEGA-ULTRA-HIGH Guilds, Players, Skills, Classes … whatever. And if i see one single RG Member, i know – its a dead certain 1:0 for me! Thats the truth. But i dont will see that all the everlasting untalented guys are rerolling my class or post some topics to disparage my class because of my videos, i will go without this doubtful fame.

Indeed the mythos of RG works only, and rly only with massiv zerg support. And guilds like RG is, have of course high amount of membership. Sry but i have seen a great number of guilds with better individual players. Just sIN is one of these …

ps. my home is sfr
pps. i was just wondering where are the videos of RG wipes against [VcY] yesterday night … and i m not a member of this guild – Your videos are only a big glow. Well enjoy the good press …

I congratulate you on never dying.
We never stated single RG members would never die and stomp everyone 1v1.
So all that your comment proves is that you think you have two big Kittens (and probably one tiny Kitten, which comes naturally with two big Kittens), nothing more. Moving on…

Pannonica
Red Guard

in WvW

Posted by: earendil.1290

earendil.1290

I think the issue here is mostly by comparing your player made version of GW2 GvG to the GvG of GW1.

Your version is basically – army vs army straight fight. It’s about coordinating skills to down your enemies. Back in GW1 GvG there were many other objectives, alternate strategies and so on.

Also – the number of light effects makes it harder for the viewer. Back in GW1 GvG when you were watching a TV fight, you could select one of the players and follow him – then easily understand what everyone was doing. Cant do that on a player made video.

Not your fault – it’s still the closest thing you have to GvG. But it is, in fact, only a massive version of the 1vs1 or 4 vs 4 arenas (with no side objectives). Takes skill to do it for sure – but not as entertaining for the viewer.