Feb 1st | JQ/SoR/SoS

Feb 1st | JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Shaojack.3871

Shaojack.3871

Weekend provides the best even coverage you can get right now.
Weekends always have the best fights.
Weekdays you get to see the coverage come in and take a crap on the scoreboard for those without.
Aside from a few people with hurt feelings on here, we knew this coverage game was coming =P Really shouldn’t be anyone crying about it, this isn’t a new theme to WvW.
These are the best fights I’ve had in months too.
This isn’t going to change either =D Play for when your on, kitten it when your off.

Basically what you want is for weekend only matches. What would happen the rest of the week just sit flipping siege for a big 3 day push? Sorry that the game is about coverage but you still have your primetime to make up ground. Even when SoS had vastly superior Oceanic (Unimpeded 500+ ticks) we didn’t give up we would come out during EU/NA prime and give it 100% effort and do what we could. Coverage doesn’t matter as much as people make it out to. Every server has SEA and Oceanic EU and NA. It’s not like it’s pure doors during those hours we just maximize our point gains when we have a deadzone.

That isn’t what I asked for or wanting.
Weekends do give the most even coverage.
Not news since it’s been that way since launch.
All I asked is for people to suck it up and do the best when your on, if you only like to play when your winning that’s your call, by all means xfer to JQ then. =D

Brojack (80 Thief) / Shaojack(80 Warrior) / Shaokuma(80 Guardian) / Shaojax(80 Ranger)

Sanctum of Rall

Feb 1st | JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Shaojack.3871

Thanks very much for the many bags [choo], not so much thank you for making me stay up far too late. Have a score update

Likewise =P
Not sure how many kills I got, but got on a couple hours ago cuz I couldnt sleep and made 96 badges. Was a fun keep siege, probably why yall hung around while SoS was capping the rest of your kitten =P

Brojack (80 Thief) / Shaojack(80 Warrior) / Shaokuma(80 Guardian) / Shaojax(80 Ranger)

Sanctum of Rall

Feb 1st | JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: SmokeyNYY.7841

SmokeyNYY.7841

Well it kind of sucks that one one will ever be able to dethrone JQ until people get bored and inevitable quit. Some of those guilds that transferred to JQ should have dispersed to SoR, SoS, and BG for much more even match ups. The way this is going we will just have servers fighting for second place like SoS is doing right now. Anyway the weekend match up was awesome and I am looking forward to more of those in the future.

Dont forget Kain. I have a suspicion they will actually be the ones to beat soon. Also, I wouldn’t consider JQ to be sitting on the throne right now. Especially when comparing their record with SOS’ record.

Kain wont make it in tier one. They have even more coverage gaps then SoR. Only reason they tick relatively high right now during NA times is because of WM taking everything overnight upgrading it and handing it over to them later on. That won’t ever happen in tier one.

Feb 1st | JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

Well it kind of sucks that one one will ever be able to dethrone JQ until people get bored and inevitable quit. Some of those guilds that transferred to JQ should have dispersed to SoR, SoS, and BG for much more even match ups. The way this is going we will just have servers fighting for second place like SoS is doing right now. Anyway the weekend match up was awesome and I am looking forward to more of those in the future.

early on the game, i tried to get a few of my highschool buddies, who were on SoS, to come play with me, wifey and a few others on SoR. we didn’t end up on the same eserver initially because we’d just found out one another was playing. but he wouldn’t budge – because then that would mean he’d be losing WvW (it was one of the first SoR vs SoS matchups).

what you brought up woulda been “healthier” for the overall sake of WvW, but people will always have their own agendas. and in this case, it’d be just to be on the “winning server”.

or perhaps, JQ just did one helluva job recruiting. ; )))

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Feb 1st | JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

Great fights during the weekend. SoR during the weekends does well because our NA players play during the day. During the week they go to work. So we don’t have much but a handful on during the NA mornings and afternoons. But I think that some SoR peoples under estimated JQ coverage and willingness to win and so left things defenseless. I hope we can learn from these mistakes next week and stop leaving towers and keeps with no defenders in them during this time of days.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

(edited by Warlord.9074)

Feb 1st | JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Shaojack.3871

Nice fight in SM, thanks for letting us in >=D

Sanctum of Rall

Feb 1st | JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Kanji Maki.1695

Kanji Maki.1695

SoR night crew why is there an enemy waypoint in my garrison? If we dont have the manpower to hold at least we can pop camps if not then at least kill yaks.

I know lots of off hour guilds came get to know each other and each others play times, hold our minimum overnight. A strong defense can be made with only a few good players you can buy hours.

This video is after about 3 hours of defending hills while outmaned…at this point we were just tired and goofy and they were frustrated

Conquerors Within [WvW]-Commander-Valor Victis-Thief-Sanctum of Rall

Feb 1st | JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

SoS is getting demolished, lol.

:x

Far from it. Last week on Thursday BG had a 13,000 point lead over SOS. BG players were coming in here and celebrating their second place as they beat SOS for the week and were well on their way to knocking SOS out of Tier1. What happened? SOS topped the PPT by a long way for the last 18 hours of the server reset and beat BG by around 3,000 points. They have Oceanic coverage, but more so they have Oceanic/weekend coverage. They win big at the start of the WvW week and on Fridays they turn up early and play right through to sever reset. As a JQ player, Im only just starting to feel comfortable with our lead over SOS, but I still know they are capable of pulling those numbers back.

Ive taken a bit of a break from WvW this week and only played about 10 hours as I have been levelling some other classes. As an Oceanic player I will most likely be turning up Friday/Saturday to make sure we don’t lose in the final hours.

Nothing personal, but your assessment of what transpired last week is pretty far off the mark. If SoS wanted to move into 2nd place, they could have done it much sooner. Their agenda was different however, until they realized that it wasn’t going to happen. That’s when they pushed for 2nd.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

Feb 1st | JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Warlord.9074

SoR night crew why is there an enemy waypoint in my garrison? If we dont have the manpower to hold at least we can pop camps if not then at least kill yaks.

Hey man I was there when we lost it. I am pretty disgusted about it. I wont get into details but I think you shouldn’t ask questions that you don’t want to know the answer too. And you defiantly wouldn’t like the answer.

Feb 1st | JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Persephone.7436

Persephone.7436

Thanks very much for the many bags [choo], not so much thank you for making me stay up far too late. Have a score update

Good fights JQ. I was up too late too.

Feb 1st | JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Virtsuoso.9761

Virtsuoso.9761

Well it kind of sucks that one one will ever be able to dethrone JQ until people get bored and inevitable quit. Some of those guilds that transferred to JQ should have dispersed to SoR, SoS, and BG for much more even match ups. The way this is going we will just have servers fighting for second place like SOS is doing right now. Anyway the weekend match up was awesome and I am looking forward to more of those in the future.

Why are people calling JQ’s recuitment unfair? Every server had the chance and ample warning to recruit people and guilds before transfers became paid. In fact, I saw numerous server recruitment posts from almost every server days before the big patch. Each server was responsible for their own recruitment of transfers. There is no Hogwarts Sorting Hat in this game.

P.S. Go Gryffindor!

(edited by Virtsuoso.9761)

Feb 1st | JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

SoS is getting demolished, lol.

:x

Far from it. Last week on Thursday BG had a 13,000 point lead over SOS. BG players were coming in here and celebrating their second place as they beat SOS for the week and were well on their way to knocking SOS out of Tier1. What happened? SOS topped the PPT by a long way for the last 18 hours of the server reset and beat BG by around 3,000 points. They have Oceanic coverage, but more so they have Oceanic/weekend coverage. They win big at the start of the WvW week and on Fridays they turn up early and play right through to sever reset. As a JQ player, Im only just starting to feel comfortable with our lead over SOS, but I still know they are capable of pulling those numbers back.

Ive taken a bit of a break from WvW this week and only played about 10 hours as I have been levelling some other classes. As an Oceanic player I will most likely be turning up Friday/Saturday to make sure we don’t lose in the final hours.

Nothing personal, but your assessment of what transpired last week is pretty far off the mark. If SoS wanted to move into 2nd place, they could have done it much sooner. Their agenda was different however, until they realized that it wasn’t going to happen. That’s when they pushed for 2nd.

Im trying to find the bit that contradicts what I said.

Feb 1st | JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Warlord.9074

Well it kind of sucks that one one will ever be able to dethrone JQ until people get bored and inevitable quit. Some of those guilds that transferred to JQ should have dispersed to SoR, SoS, and BG for much more even match ups. The way this is going we will just have servers fighting for second place like SOS is doing right now. Anyway the weekend match up was awesome and I am looking forward to more of those in the future.

Why are people calling JQ’s recuitment unfair? Every server had the chance and ample warning to recruit people and guilds before transfers became paid. In fact, I saw numerous server recruitment posts from almost every server days before the big patch. Each server was responsible for their own recruitment of transfers. There is no Hogwarts Sorting Hat in this game.

I agree, take the opportunity to play smarter and learn some better tactics to fight them. Yes it is unfair, to fight overwhelming odds against you, but there are a lot of things that could be done and better ways of going about things that are not being done or executed.

Feb 1st | JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: wondo.2870

wondo.2870

SBI wvw guilds dispersed to JQ, SoR, FA and Kain. And some remained on SBI

7 to JQ, 7 to SoR, 2(or 3 if you count WM) went to Kain, 2 went to FA.

I wouldn’t really be afraid of Kaineng. Warmachine is a terrible guild and anyone from SoS/JQ knows they are no real threat. They couldn’t hold SBI together (or push them over 3rd place) and they certainly aren’t going to take Kaineng past there either.

I wouldn’t talk about something you clearly know nothing about. Or talk about a guild you know nothing about. And for the record SBI got two second place finishes in the SoS/JQ/SBI matchups.

SAB is LOVE, SAB is LIFE #OccupySAB2014

Feb 1st | JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Warlord.9074

I wouldn’t really be afraid of Kaineng. Warmachine is a terrible guild and anyone from SoS/JQ knows they are no real threat. They couldn’t hold SBI together (or push them over 3rd place) and they certainly aren’t going to take Kaineng past there either.

I wouldn’t talk about something you clearly know nothing about. Or talk about a guild you know nothing about. And for the record SBI got two second place finishes in the SoS/JQ/SBI matchups.

ya i wouldn’t talk about entire guilds or servers, that you don’t know anything about. We all know that wvw is a group effort and therefore there should be no expectation that a single guild or an alliance can carry a server. It doesn’t make them bad because they can’t carry a server when others are not picking up the slack. Some peoples on SoR were saying similar things about TC before they fought them a second time its pretty arrogant to think so big without knowledge of what you’re talking about. And trust me theres a big difference between thinking you know what you’re talking about and actually knowing.

Feb 1st | JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Churchill.8714

Churchill.8714

I thought SF would never abandon SBI?

Like I said earlier – the guilds from SBI that went to SoR and didn’t follow you are much better representations of the people who carried SBI to any fortune they had.

SF and Warmachine are bag dispensers.

Feb 1st | JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

stop blaming everything on coverage just try to make your people get out of the jp when you do a major push like this…

SoS is made up of a few very solid guilds and the majority is puggers. In EB you will get a constant stream of Pver’s coming in and saying “Is there a mesmer in the JP?” – that one line annoys me to no end. So even though we would like them to participate in the battles they don’t. Luckily we don’t have queues for most the day so its not like they are using up a spot in EB. JQ will get them soon enough when PvE players hop over to their server to do the same. Since we (SoS) have been top dog for the last few months we have gained our fair share of these pests.

When Anet announced that they plan to entice more players into WvW please don’t let them come in and just head to a spot when they are rewarded. Please make them compete in the fight before giving them handouts like the EB JP.

Feb 1st | JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: wondo.2870

wondo.2870

Like I said earlier – the guilds from SBI that went to SoR and didn’t follow you are much better representations of the people who carried SBI to any fortune they had.

and there are many awesome things to be found in bags!

Attachments:

SAB is LOVE, SAB is LIFE #OccupySAB2014

Feb 1st | JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

You haven’t seen WM in weeks.
SF were in SBI’s weaker time period.

Asian, mostly singapore guilds put SBI on their backs after the departure of WM. SF couldn’t do a whole lot about being in the weaker time slot. Said singapore guilds are the ones who went to SoR, obviously they’re going to have a larger impact than SF had/has on JQ, (there are exceptions, for example Yakisoba went to JQ).

WM terrorized SoS/JQ for weeks before they left, they were the reason SBI was able to hold 2nd for the couple of weeks, and were a huge factor for why SBI won first for the 3 or so weeks. These points are so obvious, most people realise this but you just treat it like WM and SF were non-factors in SBI’s success, when the majority know the reality.

I am trolled. I don’t care.

Attachments:

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Feb 1st | JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Mance.5640

Mance.5640

So much win in this thread! =)

We had fun in SoR BL’s tonight! We got some nice loots from the outmanned buffed for a couple hours and used all our guild golems hehe. We are rebuilding for next match!

Good fights all. Oh and stop guarding lowlands supply so much SoR…it’s mine!!!!!!

Mance Khan – Shadow Gypsies – Jade Quarry
“a friend of death, a brother of luck, and a s.o.b.”
http://youtu.be/wpoQk2OnbJs [SG since ’99]

Feb 1st | JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

stop blaming everything on coverage just try to make your people get out of the jp when you do a major push like this…

SoS is made up of a few very solid guilds and the majority is puggers. In EB you will get a constant stream of Pver’s coming in and saying “Is there a mesmer in the JP?” – that one line annoys me to no end. So even though we would like them to participate in the battles they don’t. Luckily we don’t have queues for most the day so its not like they are using up a spot in EB. JQ will get them soon enough when PvE players hop over to their server to do the same. Since we (SoS) have been top dog for the last few months we have gained our fair share of these pests.

When Anet announced that they plan to entice more players into WvW please don’t let them come in and just head to a spot when they are rewarded. Please make them compete in the fight before giving them handouts like the EB JP.

I love the JP in WvW. No only does it give good lewt. But it also gives the best fights. WvW doesn’t utilise the Z axis too much and most of the fights for points is about who can PvD the fastest or who’s zerg can out cull the other. Boring zzz.

The JPs are the most interesting part of WvW. Along with all the shenanigans I pull in it.

Also:

Attachments:

Feb 1st | JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Churchill.8714

Churchill.8714

Why did they leave if they terrorized us?

Seems more likely they were tired of getting rolled. Their statement to SoS/JQ when they left could be summarized as “We’re tired of losing to you guys, we’re going to go beat up on someone and roll/PvDoor them because that’s what we’re used to”.

Feb 1st | JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

I am not interested in the forum wars. While this week is not done, there are a few things I can safely say;

IMHO SoR has fought a terrific fight this week, it looks to me as if they were playing exceptionally long hours this week, great effort and they have produced a very worthy T1 team effort! SoR can hold their heads high!

SoS has had a great run in T1 and the entire SoS community can be proud of their efforts! I am proud of my SoS teamates.

JQ has a very strong team who were in T1 longer than anyone else, great effort. I wish JQ luck in the coming series and hope to face them again sometime!

If the ratings are similar to the millenium numbers, I congratulate the new T1 teams and look forward to possibly facing them in the future.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

(edited by elkirin.8534)

Feb 1st | JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

P.S. Go Gryffindor!

It’s funny because SoS was also recruiting. As was SoR, BG, pretty much every single server had a recruitment thread.

Anet make Rev great again.

Feb 1st | JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Here’s a question… on JQBL did Bay ever get flipped? We (JQ) had been holding it for an insane period of time against a full on double team (not criticism… good tactics) for hours and hours on end with some insane and incredibly fun fights coming out of it. One time we finally push SoR out of the lord’s room and practically outside outer when I look back and see an SoS (mostly Agg) zerg inside heading to inner and the still open wall. We got back just in time to hold onto it, but it was nuts. Another time we push out of SE gate to push SoR off, get them back to Vale when suddenly Agg hits us from behind (between Bay and Vale). That left a mark, but I think thanks to culling I managed to get through and back to the gate… to see SoS simply mop up a little and run off. What an absolute blast it’s been fighting these two servers. I hope the changes to scoring etc. don’t screw things up and bury us “servers who are not ready” in lower tiers. They will not enjoy wuvwuv if it does, I guarantee that.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Feb 1st | JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

I must admit that I was expecting all of our new guilds on SoR to put up a better fight during non NA hours. Looks like we didn’t get enough people during that time to make a go of it. To add to that, unfortunately we added people we didn’t need NA prime time that are making it harder to get commanders in game and guilds together on the field (that and what ever is currently kittened with the queue system that is affecting everyone else).

Feb 1st | JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

covenn.7165

I suspect at some point, people will get rolled of steam rolling and will look for challenges elsewhere. It has happened in the past and will happen again in the future. Hell, that is part of the reason I left JQ to begin with last year to go down to #17 SoR (at the time).

Feb 1st | JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

covenn.7165

Oh… and to the certain roaming guild group last night that I solo charged into twice last night and got myself killed. I wasn’t being stupid on purpose. The first time, only one of you rendered and the second time I only saw 2 of you. Not sure why players are getting culled when there was just me and the 6-7 of you there. Maybe the mobs/npcs in the area are doing it? Who the kitten knows.

I was also getting wierd ability lag last night even away from zergs. I checked my fps when I was alone at one point and was getting 120ish, yet my abilities were delayed a few seconds. Given that my network monitor wasnt showing any abnormal latency or packet loss, I have to assume the game server/network was hosing up.

Was I the only one that had these issues last night at times?

Feb 1st | JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Covenn, you should really learn how to use the ‘edit post’ button. Three back-to-back posts is pretty rediculous.

Attachments:

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Feb 1st | JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: me im not.9357

me im not.9357

As far as Im concerned—- its a shame one of these three servers will have to ever flip back to tier 2. I have huge respect for BG—- but SOR/SOS/JQ I think have all proven all they have to prove this match. Scores have been tight— and no one server is really outside of beatable this week. JQ has the advantage as the only server with solid 24/7 coverage—- and Im not knocking them for it—- but the fact that they can hold such a crucial advantage and for the scores to still be this close really says something for everyone. So from SOS to JQ and SOR—- good fights….. actually, Great Fights!. Thank you!.

My sole complaints—- culling AOE is being used by all 3 servers. I don’t know that Id call it a clever use of mechanics since we all know culling is busted, but I struggle calling it an exploit either since its being used so much by everyone these days. In any chase, it does feel a little cheap. I hope Anets AOE nerfs get here soon, and I really wish they would find a way to fix culling—- but I suppose those are complaints for another thread.

Again though, it was fun this week.

Feb 1st | JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Covenn, you should really learn how to use the ‘edit post’ button. Three back-to-back posts is pretty rediculous.

“God, SOS start hitting JQ and stop being kittens”

I don’t even know what that means and I laughed. So many times I’ve wished SoR and SoS would hit each other… I’m willing to bet it’s mutual across the three.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Feb 1st | JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Warlord.9074

As far as Im concerned—- its a shame one of these three servers will have to ever flip back to tier 2. I have huge respect for BG—- but SOR/SOS/JQ I think have all proven all they have to prove this match. Scores have been tight— and no one server is really outside of beatable this week. JQ has the advantage as the only server with solid 24/7 coverage—- and Im not knocking them for it—- but the fact that they can hold such a crucial advantage and for the scores to still be this close really says something for everyone. So from SOS to JQ and SOR—- good fights….. actually, Great Fights!. Thank you!.

My sole complaints—- culling AOE is being used by all 3 servers. I don’t know that Id call it a clever use of mechanics since we all know culling is busted, but I struggle calling it an exploit either since its being used so much by everyone these days. In any chase, it does feel a little cheap. I hope Anets AOE nerfs get here soon, and I really wish they would find a way to fix culling—- but I suppose those are complaints for another thread.

JQ is OP. A better matchup would be BG, SoR, SoS. JQ is just a little too piled on. I’m sorry for saying this in advance great job to JQ for the recruitment and this is only addressed to some JQ that have transfered there during off peak hours…Not the whole server… but I hope you enjoy PvDooring cuz thats all your going to be doing. If you find PvDoor fun more power to you. consider moving to another server when you get bored of fighting no one. But your welcome to do whatever you want just don’t expect fun battles when there is no one to fight. But maybe you like fighting no one so just do what you do. grats.

(edited by Warlord.9074)

Feb 1st | JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Binafus.8153

Binafus.8153

When SoS was winning that was skill, when JQ wins it is only because of Coverage.

Feb 1st | JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

covenn.7165

I know how to use the edit post button. Don’t be childish.

The posts were made at different times if you look at the time stamp and I was doing other things in between. That is pretty normal behavior and there is nothing ridiculous about it. Speaking of learning things, have you figured out how that spellchecker yet?

(edited by covenn.7165)

Feb 1st | JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Tobias Steele.2071

Tobias Steele.2071

When SoS was winning that was skill, when JQ wins it is only because of Coverage.

Indeed. Glad we got that cleared up.

Entropy, Class lead Necromancer.
Tarnished Coast.

Feb 1st | JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

covenn.7165

hope Anets AOE nerfs get here soon, and I really wish they would find a way to fix culling—- but I suppose those are complaints for another thread.

Fix culling yes. Nerfing AoE will require entire classes to be redesigned from the ground up. Not only that, it is not needed. The reason why zerg balling around works to begin with (and the resulting culling advantage) is because AoE is highly ineffectual due to the 5 target limit. If AoE actually could put a dent in them, that tactic would disappear as it would force people to spread out and actually do something that requires thought.

Note: I am not complaining about zerg balling really, I think they are easy to beat open field providing you aren’t heavily out numbered. The only place they are really problematic is in tight quarters.

Feb 1st | JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: EasymodeX.4062

EasymodeX.4062

My sole complaints—- culling AOE is being used by all 3 servers. I don’t know that Id call it a clever use of mechanics since we all know culling is busted, but I struggle calling it an exploit either since its being used so much by everyone these days. In any chase, it does feel a little cheap.

http://www.sirlin.net/articles/playing-to-win-part-1.html

Shrug.

Edit:

Insert random sidenote: “zergballing” is generally countered by uncapped AOE effects, whether the classic arrow cart spam (which doesn’t work in the open field), or via specialized WvW builds like Glamour Mesmers or other uncapped AOE effects.

If you can’t read English, please do not reply to my post.

(edited by EasymodeX.4062)

Feb 1st | JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: buki.3108

buki.3108

I think the SoR oceanics fizzled LOL.

Feb 1st | JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Sifu.6527

Sifu.6527

JQ is OP. A better matchup would be BG, SoR, SoS. JQ is just a little too piled on. I’m sorry for saying this in advance great job to JQ for the recruitment and this is only addressed to some JQ that have transfered there during off peak hours…Not the whole server… but I hope you enjoy PvDooring cuz thats all your going to be doing. If you find PvDoor fun more power to you. consider moving to another server when you get bored of fighting no one. But your welcome to do whatever you want just don’t expect fun battles when there is no one to fight. But maybe you like fighting no one so just do what you do. grats.

Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t SoR PvDooring all the way up to T1 when BG was no longer in T2?

Feb 1st | JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Uriel Saintclair.6345

Uriel Saintclair.6345

JQ and SOS pincer’s SoR’s last stand good tag team btw

Attachments:

Thieve’s spam heartseeker on my sanctuary.
Guild: None Mercenary
SoR since day 1

Feb 1st | JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: MagiKarp.8201

MagiKarp.8201

Indeed. Glad we got that cleared up.

+1

AND 13 OTHER CHARS

Magikarps Norn Ele – becuz leopard
Blackgate WvW Commander
Vanguard of Exiled Mercenaries [MERC] voem.enjin.com

Feb 1st | JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Barab.9016

Barab.9016

Sorry your upset but the WvW scores are out of any one individual’s control. I wouldnt get all bitter and mad because it’s a 24/7 7 day server match not guild vs guild or individual vs individuals. Ive been looking at SoS and SoR’s population each day and night randomly and both servers are always full. Why SoS and SoR doesnt have full maps 24/7 is something only that server’s leaders can answer because the population is logged in 24/7.

Anyway the week isnt over yet but I wanted to say thanks to all the fighters from all servers for this week’s match. All three servers are worthy of t1 and are champions in their own right.

Kurthos “When Jade Quarry awakens, they will ask themselves, when were we ever asleep?”

Feb 1st | JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: me im not.9357

me im not.9357

hope Anets AOE nerfs get here soon, and I really wish they would find a way to fix culling—- but I suppose those are complaints for another thread.

Fix culling yes. Nerfing AoE will require entire classes to be redesigned from the ground up. Not only that, it is not needed. The reason why zerg balling around works to begin with (and the resulting culling advantage) is because AoE is highly ineffectual due to the 5 target limit. If AoE actually could put a dent in them, that tactic would disappear as it would force people to spread out and actually do something that requires thought.

Note: I am not complaining about zerg balling really, I think they are easy to beat open field providing you aren’t heavily out numbered. The only place they are really problematic is in tight quarters.

AOE is already getting nerffed… its not a matter of IF anymore, its a question of when will they implement whatever it is they’ve come up with.

“There are a few different knobs we can turn in regards to AoE some of the bigger ones being:
Radius of the AoE
Frequency of the AoE Damage
Damage of the AoE
Max Targets of the AoE

Currently, some players causing the AoE are able to do more damage to one person while also controlling a portion of the field, compared to a player with single target damage.
In our balance discussions we always look at what these changes could do to PvE as well as PvP. Any changes we make will undergo a lot of testing, both internal and by our trusted alpha team. It is important to understand that we are not doing a blanket nerf to all AE’s or a dramatic adjustment of the damage AoE’s can do. There may be some cases where players can build for AoE damage, but are just not viable or other cases where AoE is clearly the dominate way to build, and as such the other builds get left on the side lines. Its these classes/builds that we are concerned about."

In other words—- not ALL AOE is getting nerffed……….. but I think we can all guess which builds are going to see some changes…. Infact— there are 3 that are pretty broken in culling zergs in particular that are likely see the hit, and I think we can all guess which 3.

(edited by me im not.9357)

Feb 1st | JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Nakoor.1980

Nakoor.1980

Sorry your upset but the WvW scores are out of any one individual’s control. I wouldnt get all bitter and mad because it’s a 24/7 7 day server match not guild vs guild or individual vs individuals. Ive been looking at SoS and SoR’s population each day and night randomly and both servers are always full. Why SoS and SoR doesnt have full maps 24/7 is something only that server’s leaders can answer because the population is logged in 24/7.

Anyway the week isnt over yet but I wanted to say thanks to all the fighters from all servers for this week’s match. All three servers are worthy of t1 and are champions in their own right.

I don’t believe you understand half the stuff you just talked about.

Feb 1st | JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Warlord.9074

XD I think they are doing PVE thats why. I’m not going to get mad or bitter, I will just quit. Not going to fight overwhelming numbers, and I think a lot of other people will just hang up the towel as well. We don’t care about winning or losing, we just like to have fun 10 vs 90 isn’t any fun in that.

(edited by Warlord.9074)

Feb 1st | JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

AOE is already getting nerffed… its not a matter of IF anymore, its a question of when will they implement whatever it is they’ve come up with.

“There are a few different knobs we can turn in regards to AoE some of the bigger ones being:
Radius of the AoE
Frequency of the AoE Damage
Damage of the AoE
Max Targets of the AoE

Currently, some players causing the AoE are able to do more damage to one person while also controlling a portion of the field, compared to a player with single target damage.
In our balance discussions we always look at what these changes could do to PvE as well as PvP. Any changes we make will undergo a lot of testing, both internal and by our trusted alpha team. It is important to understand that we are not doing a blanket nerf to all AE’s or a dramatic adjustment of the damage AoE’s can do. There may be some cases where players can build for AoE damage, but are just not viable or other cases where AoE is clearly the dominate way to build, and as such the other builds get left on the side lines. Its these classes/builds that we are concerned about."

In other words—- not ALL AOE is getting nerffed……….. but I think we can all guess which builds are going to see some changes…. Infact— there are 3 that are pretty broken in culling zergs in particular that are likely see the hit, and I think we can all guess which 3.

This confuses me. Everyone is talking about AoE nerf like its supposed to be a good thing for the zerging. I see AoE as a tool to help deal with zerging and a nerf would promote zerging tactics.

Feb 1st | JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: BrockMcCleery.9562

BrockMcCleery.9562

Great fights all around. People need to stop worrying about ‘the score’. It’s about PvP and wrt to that, there have been some great large and small fights all week. Wish we could have a rematch next week but I somehow doubt their new system will comply.

The only thing that could make this week better is if they magically fixed culling and lag.

Feb 1st | JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Jedbacca.6297

Jedbacca.6297

We never stated that we would not leave. We held on as long as we could, but having no other teams actively out there as much as my squad was, was getting quite taxing. There were no breaks for us, every day was day in day out WvW. We kind of did that to ourselves. We have posted up our full analysis of what we did for our decision as a team. We were also approached by a few of the team leads in JQ as well to join up before transfers were up, which happened to end up be the determining factor for us to relocate our team.

I understand you are trying to troll my team, which is fine, but the level of disrespect in your tone is unnecessary. None of us go out of our way to have personal attacks against teams throughout the community unless they would be damaging to communities overall.

As for being bag dispensers, I heard I personally have a higher percentage of dropping Legendaries. I’m the big Charr warrior with a big hammer in front of the SF tags.

Minister Jed/Jedsus Saves GM of Strike Force[SF]
www.strikeforceguild.com – JQ SINCE 1836!
Guild of United Soviet Quarry www.jadequarry.com

Feb 1st | JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Xaaz.8472

Xaaz.8472

I’m not going to get mad or bitter, I will just quit.

We don’t care about winning or losing

I just picked out the parts of your nonsense whine post that contradicted themselves. You, most certainly, care about winning. You would rather quit than just play to have fun.

It’s amazing that none of these posts appeared in the first 15 pages while JQ was not in first place. The moment they took the lead, all the whiners and trolls came out in force to complain about the coverage and recruitment, etc.

Do everyone a favor, just leave now. Your server would be better off without people like you who would quit at the drop of a hat because you aren’t winning.

Back to actual WvW related topics – I would love to see the new SoR fight BG. I believe SoR has the upper hand now. It’s too bad that the 4 top servers probably won’t play each other for a few weeks unless they finally decide to reveal this mythical new math they came up with.

Feb 1st | JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Magnus Pym.2356

Magnus Pym.2356

Alot of newbie talk in this thread. Thank you SoS and JQ for the immense quantity of Badges you shower me with. It’s excellent when you guys double team (made obvious by JQ passing RIGHT IN FRONT of a SoS zerg without them doing anything), because then we get more badges.

The points for this week are fine! What astounds me is that SoR even got to first place, and kept it for a little while. It’s telling of the two other servers that were in Tier 1 for a decent amount of time now.