Feb 8: FA/Mag/DB

in WvW

Posted by: Besetment.9187

Besetment.9187

Magummers, another question. I saw flame rams in supply camps that you took yesterday. What’s up with that? Is it something about this whole flame ram god you got going? :P

For reasons I can’t comprehend, people on this server like building siege weapons in hilariously inappropriate places. On reset some guy kept dropping trebs on gates. I dunno. Maybe to catch people out who just rush in blindly and dump their supply into whatever build site goes down without checking to see if its a ram first.

We recently discovered that the Flame Ram 2 skill (Flame Burst) is actually an undocumented fire field and you can stack might off it. Its on a 5 second cooldown so for supply camp defense it can be a quick “free” way to rack up 25 stacks.

in WvW

Posted by: EnRohbi.2187

EnRohbi.2187

People need a break, Kaineng put us on overtime, we are humans and have lives outside of GW2 and need rest. FA and DB get an easy week because of these factors.

Have you forgotten that DB was right there fighting Kaineng in the same match as you? :P

How do we get an easy week when we had just as much trouble with Kaineng as yourselves?

FA was going to win this week anyway, DB hasn’t changed a lot since our last fight with FA so it was pretty easy to predict this week’s outcome.

Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

For reasons I can’t comprehend, people on this server like building siege weapons in hilariously inappropriate places

How don’t you understand Great Lord Flame Ram at this point Rebel? I am both shocked and appalled.

in WvW

Posted by: Moddo.7105

Moddo.7105

People need a break, Kaineng put us on overtime, we are humans and have lives outside of GW2 and need rest. FA and DB get an easy week because of these factors.

Have you forgotten that DB was right there fighting Kaineng in the same match as you? :P

How do we get an easy week when we had just as much trouble with Kaineng as yourselves?

FA was going to win this week anyway, DB hasn’t changed a lot since our last fight with FA so it was pretty easy to predict this week’s outcome.

I think they call it The “Victim” Syndrome!

in WvW

Posted by: kfarb.6732

kfarb.6732

Doesn’t DB usually lead Maguuma in points? I’m confused what your point is.

Maguuma – considered by many to be the best

in WvW

EnRohbi.2187

Doesn’t DB usually lead Maguuma in points? I’m confused what your point is.

We usually lead, yeah, but not by much.
DB and Maguuma (When maguuma is trying to win as a whole server) are pretty even in terms of effectiveness.

Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: JaNordy.6149

JaNordy.6149

This is by far the most tame Magermma thread Ive ever seen. Seriously if anyone thinks there is whining/crying/trolling in this thread then you clearly have not read any other Maggie threads. I bet mods are loving this current one.

in WvW

Posted by: John Widdin.9618

John Widdin.9618

Magummers, another question. I saw flame rams in supply camps that you took yesterday. What’s up with that? Is it something about this whole flame ram god you got going? :P

Supply burning. If everyone who flipped the camp is full, they’ll just burn whatever supply they can through rams.

That or the Lord Flame Ram homage.
————————————————————————————————————————————————
Rebel, think you’ll be running again next week against Ebay and CD?

Zachary ~ Mesmer/ John Widdin ~ Warrior/ Zazmataz ~ Engineer
Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

(edited by John Widdin.9618)

in WvW

Posted by: Hektor Warfield.6052

Hektor Warfield.6052

Hats off to Fa last night during siege from sw supply to wk. Your tactics were very good. After trying to go through the sieged choke point you either went around the back side and or portal in behind the siege. Normally this is easily countered but the amount of pressure at the choke did not allow us to properly defend the back. A respectful nod to the person(s) who executed

General Hektor Wärfield
Wärband of Absolute Retribution

in WvW

Posted by: Sir William PD.9615

Sir William PD.9615

Hats off to Fa last night during siege from sw supply to wk. Your tactics were very good. After trying to go through the sieged choke point you either went around the back side and or portal in behind the siege. Normally this is easily countered but the amount of pressure at the choke did not allow us to properly defend the back. A respectful nod to the person(s) who executed

If you’re talking about when you guys had those trebs up in Vale, that was PD and KGB. We were in Maguuma messing around on our uplevels when someone came in and said that Bay in FAB was about to fall so we jumped over there on our mains and came out. You guys had the choke point nice and sieged so we tried to go around it and failed. Our second attempt we portal bombed the siege so the militia could get in and then we went up to the trebs. It was a great siege on your part, it took someone going to other borderlands for help to get it broken.

/salute

@AoN, thanks for melting us when we were on our uplevels. It was pure comedy in our mumble. We were flipping the sentry and BAM! AoN comes running down on us and one shot each of us. Just proof that people need to be on geared 80’s to really compete in WVW. It was pretty kitten funny.

-Thoryn Stormbrew, Dolyak Slayer
Purple Dragons – Fort Aspenwood
www.purpledragons.net

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

I think magooomba are in the exact same position as FA. We’re going to bounce between t2/3 and mags between t3/4

And DB going to be stuck in the middle for a long time. We have enough asians to stomp tier 4 servers, not enough people in general to compete with tier 2.

in WvW

Posted by: mpspm.9036

mpspm.9036

Its been a fun week so far, kudos to MAG and DB.

kodak moment at DB Garrisson water gate, 3 of us broke inside with no oposition.
what up with that DB?!

Attachments:

Drgn wvw commander
Proud hardcore die hard FA member

in WvW

Posted by: fancy dagger feast.7520

fancy dagger feast.7520

I Actually talked to the player from Maguuma who was building all those flame rams in FABL He said he was going for the Beseiger title (Supply on seige) and he solos supply camps then proceeds to make 4 flame rams. He has the money to make 3 legendaries and still throw 6g everytime he needs another stack of rams. He will have a cool title i guess.

in WvW

Posted by: crystalpink.2487

crystalpink.2487

For once, I’ve witnessed that some Mags truly love flame rams xD

I gotta admit that some Mags are very creative in placing their rams.
The most interesting ram placement I saw yesterday was there were 4 of flame rams built and arranged into a + (plus) sign facing the supply boxes in one supply camp. Rofl

That was hilarious lol

Euphemia Hime (Elementalist), Pinky Pearl (Mesmer), Avicenia (Ranger), Vanille Morgana (Necromancer)
Chibi Asura San (Engineer), Hikaru Masai (Guardian), Selene Minerva (Revenant)
Guild: The Bunnies [Bun] ~ Server: Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Magiofdeath.2745

Magiofdeath.2745

Flame rams on a boat. Flame rams in a tree. Flame rams in a Zelda Triforce orientation (that would be amazing – Maguuma, do it). Challenge mode – flame rams in a Metroid screw attack symbol formation (that would be super difficult I bet). I think FAers put a treb on one of the boats at one of the bay keeps once. I saw the screenshot in a old thread.

Fort Aspenwood | Kurzick ftw!

(edited by Magiofdeath.2745)

in WvW

Rhyis.7058

Ram design happens when the Great Lord Flame Ram decides to take possession of a player of Maguugan blood and make a creation of His great will. It is a holy rite and a sign of your strong belief in Him.

One does not simply create Ram art.

in WvW

Posted by: Teamkiller.4315

Teamkiller.4315

Lol, Viper, FA had to fight Blackgate and TC. Granted, TC isn’t as bad as Kaineng but Blackgate is scarier than Kaineng for sure. Especially those shudder HB Hammerzergs (war/guard hammer zerg)

And DB was fighting Kaineng right alongside you guys.

in WvW

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

This match up is starting to be decided before we even start playing. Friday night is very even. Saturday tilts in FA favor. Monday’s positions mirror Friday’s positions.

I have really enjoyed this battle vs Mag and DB. Both servers have really good players and guilds.

It feels like FA is pretty solid in tier 3, but we are not quite tier 2 yet. Maybe in the future as we attract more players for our off peak hours.

All the best everybody!

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

in WvW

EnRohbi.2187

This match up is starting to be decided before we even start playing. Friday night is very even. Saturday tilts in FA favor. Monday’s positions mirror Friday’s positions.

I have really enjoyed this battle vs Mag and DB. Both servers have really good players and guilds.

It feels like FA is pretty solid in tier 3, but we are not quite tier 2 yet. Maybe in the future as we attract more players for our off peak hours.

All the best everybody!

I think in general there is too much of a gap between tiers anyway.
Hopefully with paid transfers servers will get stacked with new guilds less frequently and different tiers will begin to balance out (As new players purchase the game and join lower-pop servers)

The closer in coverage/skill/effectiveness/whateveryouwannacallit between tiers, the more volatile matches can be (As in, if all tiers were close in skill, you would actually get to fight different servers every week instead of sitting in the same matchups for a month+)

Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: RockonHarder.7235

RockonHarder.7235

This is by far the most tame Magermma thread Ive ever seen. Seriously if anyone thinks there is whining/crying/trolling in this thread then you clearly have not read any other Maggie threads. I bet mods are loving this current one.

Actually the mods are been keeping it clean. i know this because a number of my reply’s have been removed because of the OP was removed.

Deathmonger esq lvl 80 necro
DB forever!!

in WvW

EnRohbi.2187

Actually the mods are been keeping it clean. i know this because a number of my reply’s have been removed because of the OP was removed.

Maybe they’ve realized that they’re closing just about every tier’s matchup thread every week and new ones just get posted 5 minutes later with absolutely no change in tone :P

Makes more sense for them to just keep the current one tidied up

Dragonbrand

in WvW

RockonHarder.7235

I think magooomba are in the exact same position as FA. We’re going to bounce between t2/3 and mags between t3/4

And DB going to be stuck in the middle for a long time. We have enough asians to stomp tier 4 servers, not enough people in general to compete with tier 2.

Honestly i think DB is the only true tier 3 server. We’ll pretty much be stuck here until the end of time unless something major happens.

DB forever!!

in WvW

EnRohbi.2187

Honestly i think DB is the only true tier 3 server. We’ll pretty much be stuck here until the end of time unless something major happens.

Nah,
We’re pretty much on par with Mag’s effectiveness as long as they’re making a concentrated effort to win (And not have some significant portion of their server trying to get them back to tier 4). Though, I’m excited to see us vs. Yak’s again.

Mag’s definitely better than tier 4. The problem is that us and Mag’s are the only servers that seem to belong in tier 3 right now. And one of the two of us doesn’t seem to really want to be here. FA or TC needs to drop a few guilds and then we’ll be a really competitive tier

Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

I Actually talked to the player from Maguuma who was building all those flame rams in FABL He said he was going for the Beseiger title (Supply on seige) and he solos supply camps then proceeds to make 4 flame rams. He has the money to make 3 legendaries and still throw 6g everytime he needs another stack of rams. He will have a cool title i guess.

It’s a honor to have such dedicated people on our server.
/salute

I think FAers put a treb on one of the boats at one of the bay keeps once. I saw the screenshot in a old thread.

We did that ages ago. http://youtu.be/btZD16QxCVU

in WvW

Posted by: Besetment.9187

Besetment.9187

I’ve always wanted to spell LOL with flame rams in an attacking borderland visible from Garrison cliffs. But we would need to have an upgraded, fully supplied West Keep and everyone flash building simultaneously to have a chance of getting them built before it gets zerged down.

Edit: and then we would probably lose our West Keep.

in WvW

RockonHarder.7235

Nah,
We’re pretty much on par with Mag’s effectiveness as long as they’re making a concentrated effort to win (And not have some significant portion of their server trying to get them back to tier 4). Though, I’m excited to see us vs. Yak’s again.

Mag’s definitely better than tier 4. The problem is that us and Mag’s are the only servers that seem to belong in tier 3 right now. And one of the two of us doesn’t seem to really want to be here. FA or TC needs to drop a few guilds and then we’ll be a really competitive tier

Honestly it’s hard to say where Maguma belongs their climb up the ranks was in the tail end of a bunch of broken servers who really just didn’t have as much fight in it as they should have.

Next week we will have Yak’s bend who will bring a good NA fight but even right now CD is crushing them during the off hours time frame. So i think we’ll end up with a very similar score as this week.

DB forever!!

in WvW

Halo.8976

I’ve always wanted to spell LOL with flame rams in an attacking borderland visible from Garrison cliffs. But we would need to have an upgraded, fully supplied West Keep and everyone flash building simultaneously to have a chance of getting them built before it gets zerged down.

Edit: and then we would probably lose our West Keep.

It will be extremely difficult, since siege placement limits are bizarre and somebody always can screw you over just by placing one more ram. But yeah, it worth a try.

in WvW

Rhyis.7058

I’d wager CD beat us next week.

in WvW

Posted by: Teamkiller.4315

Teamkiller.4315

DOWN TO OUR LAST KEEP IN EB! KEEP UP THE GOOD FIGHT DB!!!!!!!

I speak for many of us when I say we here at FA don’t want a blowout

Also score update

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Pervin.5036

Pervin.5036

Had some fun fights against PYRO over the weekend in FABL and EB. Keep up the good work and hope to run into you again some more this week.

[HB] Commander Skarlack – Necro
http://blackgatewvw.com/

in WvW

Posted by: ganeshori.6309

ganeshori.6309

I loved the Battle of Vale and the breaking of the Bay wall last night on FABL. Got to partake in wall defense and the breaking of the trebs/person cleanup. Was a good battle from all who showed up.

As for the Zerg mentallity….I think everyone runs in a zerg now and then. But alot of us are in 1 or 2 man guilds,(myself included) Alot of us run solo on stuff or with just one man. Spent alot of time runnin Yaks from FABL lowlands to Redlake tower last yesterday. And defending lowlands supply the night before with another dude. I was the Asura warrior with the terrible pvp skills…for any of you Magoomies the were sneakin in. Ya I’m terrible at pvp, I know…but I enjoy this game for what it is. You can still be bad and still have a purpose right? Other than giving out badges hehe.

Anyways…been some nice fights…hope to see more the rest of this week.

Sgt Rock / Necrotic Charm —- Dcon
2nd Battalion / 5th Marines – Hotel Company – Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Atine.8623

Atine.8623

DOWN TO OUR LAST KEEP IN EB! KEEP UP THE GOOD FIGHT DB!!!!!!!

I speak for many of us when I say we here at FA don’t want a blowout

Also score update

Hats off to FA’s defense with, I think, so few of people. We rushed in 4 times and, obviously, got wiped 4 times =]

Sanctum Of Roger “Oldroar” Rall
Cras es Noster!
My posts are strictly my own, they do not represent my server nor my guild.

in WvW

Magiofdeath.2745

Ehh, if you think Maguuma threads are a mess, check out tier 1 threads. I’m not going to name people, but there’s a crapton of forum warriors in those threads. I miss the non forum warriors from my old server, but not sure if I’d want to go back, especially if the queues are as bad as people say.

in WvW

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

Had some fun fights against PYRO over the weekend in FABL and EB. Keep up the good work and hope to run into you again some more this week.

Oh, hey, I remember you guys. I think we went 7.2 and 0 against you… then you took our east keep, so I guess that makes us even.

We might’ve deserved it after all of the /dance’ing we did. Maybe.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

Well, I attempted to lure less than 3 FA away from their zerg, seems they only care to fight in large numbers (as you can see from EasE guild member running away from a 1v1 )vs 1 person. Havent seen any decent roaming players from FA, infact none that have even been a challenge. FA is mainly “Zerg here” “Now zerg there!” “Oh theres one person from an enemy server all 20+ of us must chase him till hes dead”

Mike, if u wanna duel the FA players, because u think FA is mainly a zerg, find PRO or AVTR at NA night time and duel any of us! :-) see u out there!

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

The same AVTR that tried to interrupt dueling last night?

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

selan.8354

It was funny yesterday, I was on my thief and ran into dredge and got trapped between a fleeing AoN member or two (I think) and a big FA zerg. After I died I got invited to team and trolled by a FA member who basically called me a dragonbaddie. Which was wildly hilarious because I r Maguuma. And then trolled mean by saying “scoreboard”.

Why do people even bother with that stuff? If I been on Maguuma from Day1 of purchasing the game, would people think I am solely focused on winning?

Yeah i know how that feels, got attacked by 4 thieves, a necro and a ranger, downed 2 of them but 3 times backstab downed me XD, they killed me and stood there laughing .Sometimes people are imature, but in your case thats very very childish. Do you remember the guild tag?

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

selan.8354

The same AVTR that tried to interrupt dueling last night?

there was like 2 of them at the fightclub yesterday, but none of us is afraid to duel and even if we lose we have fun!

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Huge.5891

Huge.5891

Those rams were placed there so you would question why they were placed there.

Too Huge
Just Defend [DFND] Commander
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Ninein.4782

Ninein.4782

Long ago someone was made fun of for placing a ram to attack a wall. Ha, jokes on them it’s actually cool now.

Ninein
-Maguuma

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Maguuma flame ram placement: one of the great mysteries of life.

in WvW

Halo.8976

From archives: Ram The Raptor.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: crystalpink.2487

crystalpink.2487

Those rams were placed there so you would question why they were placed there.

If it’s Mags who place flame rams in various locations (some even had some artsy touch arrangement), I won’t question it because Mags worship the Great Lord Flame Ram xD

Furthermore, the Great Lord Flame Ram inspires Mags to create an art using flame rams, according to Rhyis ^-^

Ram design happens when the Great Lord Flame Ram decides to take possession of a player of Maguugan blood and make a creation of His great will. It is a holy rite and a sign of your strong belief in Him.

One does not simply create Ram art.

So, yes it’s true that one does not simply create Flame Ram art.
/nods
All hail the Great Lord Flame Ram~

Euphemia Hime (Elementalist), Pinky Pearl (Mesmer), Avicenia (Ranger), Vanille Morgana (Necromancer)
Chibi Asura San (Engineer), Hikaru Masai (Guardian), Selene Minerva (Revenant)
Guild: The Bunnies [Bun] ~ Server: Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

i think the best place still, is a ram placed and built inside of a wall of a tower. you destroy a wall, and out pops a pleasant surprise.

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Is that a ram in your keep or are you just happy to see me?

in WvW

Posted by: Haldunius.7864

Haldunius.7864

Score update purty please?

FA Mesmo – [VK]
Last words – “I’m going to jump off this cliff
and pull all those guys down cuz they’ll die.”

in WvW

Posted by: ViperWire.4261

ViperWire.4261

Score update at the recently remodeled EVOH Garrison in DB BL

Attachments:

Invalid Password [EVOH] – Maguuma

in WvW

Magiofdeath.2745

Not bad, its just a fixer-upper. After some work, it will look good.

in WvW

Posted by: Ninein.4782

Ninein.4782

I like the ventilation for hot summer months.

Ninein
-Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Haldunius.7864

Haldunius.7864

Thank you kind sir

FA Mesmo – [VK]
Last words – “I’m going to jump off this cliff
and pull all those guys down cuz they’ll die.”