Few points about AC's encouraging blobs.

in WvW

Posted by: graverr.6473

graverr.6473

I will merge a few posts in one WALL OF TEXT because i feel the ammount of Ac lover posts made them be lost in the spam. Please take a time and read this like many other extremely good arguments.Thank you
————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Defending against a big zerg was completely doable before patch.Happened every day and it was perfectly easy for 10 players to defend a tower against 60 for 2- 3 hours.The only difference was that the defenders had to actually use or posess a brain instead of just droping an arrowcart and completely negate 90% of possible tactics.Now is treb or gtfo.
IF you have a large zerg trebs won’t be a problem.However if you only have a 10 – 15 man group you can aswell log off cuz u wont be seeing any action except flipping camps every 10 minutes.
Terrible change for anyone that does not run a 60 man blob and completely gamebreaking for small teams to groups consisting up to 4-5 parties.It completely destroyed any tactical aproach to this game mode except running a a megazerg that is able to drop 10 trebs for 10 suply each.

I’m going to do the stupid thing an try to be reasonable about this.

Keeps and towers SHOULD be hard to capture. The whole point of building a fort is to give the defenders a rather substantial advantage, no?

Defenders should ubstantial advantage YES.And that they already have for being covered by walls and having the tactical higher ground advantage + suply stack.SUBSTANTIAL ADVANTAGE not WTFPAWN GODMODE .We can deal with dodge ,we can deal with being oneshoted ,we can live with using better organization and awareness,but we can’t deal that 1 superior ac and 1 player = rams not usable.

Rams and melee siege dies too fast .Acs were buffed 100% but melee range siege has the same crappy HP and it’s a waste of suply to try and build one.Also a small group of people can’t build a treb and and even one treb is completely useless to siege .Small teams are KITTENED no purpoise left for them other than flip camps every 10 min ,another great change thx PvP department.

With suply being stalled like never before due to latest camp buff changes and making low value siege like rams unusable things are over the top harder to mantain a proper siege against a defended position.Not to mention unneficient against same or larger defending force.Outmanned should just log off now cuz no way in hell anyone can cap anything.Anet basicly buffed the strongest server and you guys agree with it.

The only purpoise for rams now are for spies trolling a server’s suply and siege cap.Period.

AC buff needs to go and reimplemented only for OUTMANNED to actually help it’s purpoise and balance the game in the opposite of what they did with this patch.

The ammount of ignorace in AC threads is not even funny .Hur durr all day about "it’s ok to hold 50 ppl with 2 acs and YAY zerg buster " But they can’t be more wrong about it.
What about the small group ? What can a 10 man team do now except of flipping camps considering a treb costs 100 suply and it will take a tremendous ammount of time to destroy anything with it giving even 1 single ele time to suicide gank the treb down by himself befere doing any damage to the tower/keep.
THIS PATCH IS NOT A ZERG BUSTER PATCH at all This patch KILLED SMALL SCALE AND SMALL TEAM COMPLETELY. And it buffed the server that is not outmanned.Outmanned servers are even more kittened then before now.

TLDR
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

-AC buffed 100% > Rams and melee siege cuz still prepatch HP ammount
-Small scale is attacked indirectly because you need 10 people to build a treb.Only 1 treb is also useless so no point in trying.Also killed small scale fun.
-Outmanned servers are even in a worse position now.Biggest server has complete dominance now with no effort
-AC buff should be redesigned to OUTMANNED buff only in order to BALANCE unlike the actual the opposite of what this patched did.

Mini Somales -Seven Instincts- [siN]

(edited by graverr.6473)

in WvW

Posted by: nagymbear.5280

nagymbear.5280

What can a 10 man team do now except of flipping camps…

They can build 3 ACs and clear the wall of siege, that’s what they can do. Everyone is concerned about attackers. Well here’s something to think about. A group outside of a keep can spread out. Defenders on the wall, not so much. Wait till zergs find out they can build ACs as well for attacking.

Khert Devileyes – Ranger / Mano Negra – Thief / Nagymbear – Warrior /
Elona Bonechill – Necro / Fionna Gymirdottier – Guard /// RoF

in WvW

Posted by: graverr.6473

graverr.6473

They can build 3 ACs and clear the wall of siege, that’s what they can do. Everyone is concerned about attackers. Well here’s something to think about. A group outside of a keep can spread out. Defenders on the wall, not so much. Wait till zergs find out they can build ACs as well for attacking.

I believe you missed the part where ANY SIEGE standing inside a defending AC range is unusable,unlikely to get built at all or survive more than 5 seconds to deal any damage.Supply is wasted .Any lesser group than megablob or heavily outmanning the defenders = no melee(ac range) siege power because of low suply capability.

Any siege inside defending AC range = useless in prepatch.Only way to counter it is for the tower/objective has no defender inside wich is highly unlikely . The point you presented cannot stand.

If you assume that anyone except really experience commanders in siege warfare with thousand of WvW hours is contesting this change then you are terribly mistaking.These problems are raised by players that know every siege aspect of WvW pre and post patch combined and they are more datailed and valid than simple and unfounded “build counter” arguments.

Mini Somales -Seven Instincts- [siN]

(edited by graverr.6473)

in WvW

Posted by: Martrim.1078

Martrim.1078

And then wat? u still can’t kill the AC behind the gates, so Rams are a no go.

Treb it down? o look a hole in the wall, let’s focus fire our 15 AC’s on that (Good luck getting in to even destroy i AC)

Besides that there are a number of places i’ve found where u can build an AC, hit in front of a gate and be absoluty safe from anything that might even come close to hitting it.

All in all WvW died April 30th

Takara Chan ~ (Thief)
Tamoko Chan ~ (Necro)
[PYRO] #MagSwag

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

One new job for small teams is to clear siege from towers and forts. With only one scout in a tower or fort its simple enough to build an AC out of his view and then use it to clear arrow carts on the inside.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: nagymbear.5280

nagymbear.5280

I believe you missed the part where ANY SIEGE standing inside a defending AC range is unusable,unlikely to get built at all or survive more than 5 seconds to deal any damage.

Oh man, that sucks I didn’t think about that, you are completly right. If only there was
something that would be able to attack from longer range than an AC….

Besides that there are a number of places i’ve found where u can build an AC, hit in front of a gate and be absoluty safe from anything that might even come close to hitting it.

Wow, if only there was another way inside a keep other than the gate(s).

Khert Devileyes – Ranger / Mano Negra – Thief / Nagymbear – Warrior /
Elona Bonechill – Necro / Fionna Gymirdottier – Guard /// RoF

in WvW

Posted by: Martrim.1078

Martrim.1078

I believe you missed the part where ANY SIEGE standing inside a defending AC range is unusable,unlikely to get built at all or survive more than 5 seconds to deal any damage.

Oh man, that sucks I didn’t think about that, you are completly right. If only there was
something that would be able to attack from longer range than an AC….

Wow, if only there was another way inside a keep other than the gate(s).

Wow, if only there was a way to increase AC range so they could also hit those area’s

Takara Chan ~ (Thief)
Tamoko Chan ~ (Necro)
[PYRO] #MagSwag

in WvW

Posted by: Littlefeather.8623

Littlefeather.8623

Catapults…
Walls…

And the fact that you’re making it worse for your server by splitting off into a small group and not with the commander…

Just some ideas to help.

Oh and PS, stealth avoids being seeing to go through the wall btw.

Crazy Leg

in WvW

Posted by: BrockMcCleery.9562

BrockMcCleery.9562

The ac buff changes things, not really sure yet how. Probably just slightly extended sieges as atatckers simply use catas or trebs more often, rather than ram or golem rush. That isn’t necessarily bad.

IMO, what is discouraging is that instead of allowing players to stand on walls and fight, alla be more interactive using their classes abilities, anet instead just threw us arrow carts. I thought defense needed to be stronger/easier but I was hoping for stronger gates and a better LOS from wall tops. I beleive in players fighting with siege support, not players supporting siege.