Free Transfers to Seafarer's Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Sarevok.2638

Sarevok.2638

Why did this kick off or even become a thing in the first place?

1. WvW server and it’s given a free ticket to just about anyone wanting carried to t1, now the place is choc-a-bloc and STILL classed as Medium population.

WRONG.

What is going on here.

in WvW

Posted by: SneakyErvin.3056

SneakyErvin.3056

Sorry, but we (SFR) cant help we are a strong medium pop server in WvW. It doesnt mean we cant use more able bodies both in PvE and WvW. So I dont see a problem with the free transfer possibility to SFR.

Maybe it’s the other T1 EU servers that need to figure out what they are doing wrong when getting their hiney handed to them by a medium pop server.

Let Valkyries guide me to my destiny.

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Population count is based on who declared a world their home world.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Server-Populations/first#post703192

If ANet sold 3-4mio Gw2 and anyone logged in at least once to select a world.
this gives 60000-80000 average population over the 51 server.
I guess the servers which are below this average are classified as medium, the ones above as high or very high.

But this means that every inactive player rotting in the cellar of your server still counts for your population.

How does ANet fit new sold copies onto the existing server? Very simple increase the population maximum <=> decrease the classification of the server.

So I guess the main difference between a very high populated server and a medium populated server is the amount of dead in the cellar, and the active populations aren’t very different. And if there are 1000 more or less WvW players on a world has an influence 0.01 on overal server population, but as this is all that fit into WvW a not small difference on WvW performance.

The only thing you can conclude from SFR being medium pop is: Most flee from SFR before dead, no one want to be buried there

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: DanH.5879

DanH.5879

i smell bribe or personal favors for doing that
just my 2 cents.

in WvW

Posted by: salluks.6017

salluks.6017

Sorry, but we (SFR) cant help we are a strong medium pop server in WvW. It doesnt mean we cant use more able bodies both in PvE and WvW. So I dont see a problem with the free transfer possibility to SFR.

Maybe it’s the other T1 EU servers that need to figure out what they are doing wrong when getting their hiney handed to them by a medium pop server.

maybe , u should realise that wvw population does not equal to the server population instead of constantly crying about this over and over again.

in WvW

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

1. WvW server and it’s given a free ticket to just about anyone wanting carried to t1.

Free ticket to t1? I thought free transfers to medium populated servers where only available until April 1st?
Did that change?

I agree with the OP in general, though. They should have excluded top tier servers from that.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in WvW

Posted by: Chiolas.1326

Chiolas.1326

Now some important guilds left us because of the huge queues, we still have many players but they are PvE carebears and not WvW focused nor T1 material

GG Anet you screwed another server

Quit WvW and Gw2 in August 2013

in WvW

Posted by: Tuluum.9638

Tuluum.9638

1. WvW server and it’s given a free ticket to just about anyone wanting carried to t1.

Free ticket to t1? I thought free transfers to medium populated servers where only available until April 1st?
Did that change?

I agree with the OP in general, though. They should have excluded top tier servers from that.

I just checked, and it said it would cost me 500 gems.. so not sure what the OP is referring to. Might have changed though.

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

in WvW

Posted by: ethier.3417

ethier.3417

He’s referring to last week, When only a select few medium servers where chosen for free transfers.

There was even a list, I can’t find it now but i’m sure you can still see it somewhere.

It’s actually pretty annoying to see such a stupid and horrible move by Arena Net, Seafarers Rest has been a lot of guilds home for a while, and we’ve tried to build a wvw community around it while keeping guilds Independence from the “Blob”, The only server i’ve seen do that is Piken Square.

It’s horrible to see such work been spat on by Arena Net, What shouldn’t of been put on the list in the first place. A Medium server with #1 in EU and a solid and stable community of like minded guilds been set back weeks because they did this.

I’d really like to know Anet thinking behind allowing free Transfers to our server. Please Devon, Enlighten me why you did this.

As for SFR it’s a rebuilding process for us now, It’s set us back weeks.

Ethier 80 Necro Callous Philosophy [LaG]