Fun Riddle

Fun Riddle

in WvW

Posted by: Balidore.2790

Balidore.2790

Riddle me this…

10 top quality, organized players defend a keep. 30 bad, unorganized bad players attack. No extra players come, none leave. 10 skilled and organized players kill 15 of the 30 without deaths or downs, yet 30 still remain by no brain combat rezzing. What game am I playing?

Balidor [Envy]
Mesmer/Thief
NSP

Fun Riddle

in WvW

Posted by: Florgknight.1589

Florgknight.1589

A game where you expect to win a 10v30…

Fun Riddle

in WvW

Balidore.2790

Like most skill based games do? Yes, keep going.

Balidor [Envy]
Mesmer/Thief
NSP

Fun Riddle

in WvW

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

Portal Wars
15 characters zzz

Fun Riddle

in WvW

Balidore.2790

And my guild wins 5v20 on the regular. As long as they’re too arrogant to combat rez. And trust me, us 5 have no opportunity to combat rez, lmao. It’s an obvious zerg mechanic.

Balidor [Envy]
Mesmer/Thief
NSP

Fun Riddle

in WvW

Balidore.2790

Portal Wars
15 characters zzz

No portal, just skill. Try again. Would you like videos?

Balidor [Envy]
Mesmer/Thief
NSP

Fun Riddle

in WvW

Balidore.2790

The good vids with all of us are too big for me to bother loading, but you get the picture. Now here’s a video of what happens when no brain, no skill combat rezzing is introduced… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTJ7xNgniac

Balidor [Envy]
Mesmer/Thief
NSP

Fun Riddle

in WvW

Balidore.2790

No one’s answered my riddle yet. I guess i’ll simplify.

15 of 30 are killed, yet 30 still remain. What game am I playing?

Balidor [Envy]
Mesmer/Thief
NSP

Fun Riddle

in WvW

Posted by: Forest.4197

Forest.4197

counter-strike?

Fun Riddle

in WvW

Balidore.2790

counter-strike?

No. None come, none leave. Meaning no respawn. All killed, yet still there.

Balidor [Envy]
Mesmer/Thief
NSP

Fun Riddle

in WvW

Posted by: Same.4687

Same.4687

I understand your issue with downed state and combat rezzing but I don’t understand why you put those video’s up there? You talk about skill but anyone who has a pair of eyes will see that your opponents are 6 feet below Terribad on the WvW skill ladder..

After checking, lol I’m going to transfer to a T8 server with a 3 orb buff and start my fraps.

For those not interested in bad rock music I will recap his amazing youtube footage of “skill” (mind you it’s on a T8 server…)

Video 1:
You’re kidding right? You were allowed to stomp a guy while 6-7 of his/her serverbuddies just stood there autoattacking a door.

Video 2:
7/8 Devona’s Rest players that clearly have no clue what they are doing. There is absolutely nothing in that video to be proud of…

Video 3:
He is able to get into a group of 12 Kaineng players who obviously have no clue what they are doing outside of autoattacking something. He can down a person, stomp him (btw this all happens in this same group of 12 people) and blink out without so much as 10k hp disappearing.

Dude really, again I feel your pain on down state but don’t act high and mighty. I’m a mediocre player but I play on a T1 server and this just doesn’t happen there. You would have gotten your face peeled off.

Fun Riddle

in WvW

Balidore.2790

hint #1-
You could actually kill everyone single one of these 30 people, one by one, and they’ll still be alive at the end.

Balidor [Envy]
Mesmer/Thief
NSP

Fun Riddle

in WvW

Balidore.2790

I understand your issue with downed state and combat rezzing but I don’t understand why you put those video’s up there? You talk about skill but anyone who has a pair of eyes will see that your opponents are 6 feet below Terribad on the WvW skill ladder..

After checking, lol I’m going to transfer to a T8 server with a 3 orb buff and start my fraps.

For those not interested in bad rock music I will recap his amazing youtube footage of “skill” (mind you it’s on a T8 server…)

Video 1:
You’re kidding right? You were allowed to stomp a guy while 6-7 of his/her serverbuddies just stood there autoattacking a door.

Video 2:
7/8 Devona’s Rest players that clearly have no clue what they are doing. There is absolutely nothing in that video to be proud of…

Video 3:
He is able to get into a group of 12 Kaineng players who obviously have no clue what they are doing outside of autoattacking something. He can down a person, stomp him (btw this all happens in this same group of 12 people) and blink out without so much as 10k hp disappearing.

Dude really, again I feel your pain on down state but don’t act high and mighty. I’m a mediocre player but I play on a T1 server and this just doesn’t happen there. You would have gotten your face peeled off.

Ok, for 1. Watch the vid, they have orb buffs too.
For 2, I told you the best vids are too big cuz I’ve been recording in HD.
For 3, the whole point of this is that the zerg should lose to better players, so I have no idea what you mean by “they just stand there,” most zerglings do, lmao.
For 4, the vids were purely meant for proof. you can obviously see they’re set to private.

This is by no means trying to brag. It’s purely meant to fix the game. if I wanted to brag, I have much better vids from since I’ve gotten full exotics, not to mention a ton more players to the guild. but I don’t care, I just want the game fixed.

Balidor [Envy]
Mesmer/Thief
NSP

(edited by Balidore.2790)

Fun Riddle

in WvW

Posted by: Darxio.5672

Darxio.5672

Can’t be GW2, because I remember going 10v40 and winning after the second gate broke. About 5 days ago at that.

One guardian and 6 Arrowcarts make all the difference in the world.

They can’t all revive when they’re all dead!

Brigade of the Black Twilight [BBT]
Darxio – Thief Commander

Fun Riddle

in WvW

Balidore.2790

Can’t be GW2, because I remember going 10v40 and winning after the second gate broke. About 5 days ago at that.

1 guard used 6 carts eh? lmao. And you’re on Devona… You’re the ferg/dev/kain match. At no point in time has devona been outmanned in over a month. Also… after second gate, the champ lord that aoe blasts people for 10k-20k dmg. Doesn’t exactly count as a normal fight to begin with.

Balidor [Envy]
Mesmer/Thief
NSP

Fun Riddle

in WvW

Same.4687

And my guild wins 5v20 on the regular. As long as they’re too arrogant to combat rez. And trust me, us 5 have no opportunity to combat rez, lmao. It’s an obvious zerg mechanic.

Portal Wars
15 characters zzz

Everything posted by you in this thread is some kind of smack talk or skill boast. However you play on a T8 server where as a Mesmer wearing light armor you can stand in a group of atleast 10-12 people down a guy AND stomp him. From the start of the clip (video 3) it takes you 30 seconds of running around IN THE ENEMY GROUP to get the lowbie ranger dead. For 30 seconds the enemy group didn’t manage to kill a single mesmer running around in their ranks killing a fellow server mate.
It’s obvious to see you have more skill than the opponents in the videos but that’s like saying you know more than a toddler, it’s hardly a compliment.

If you want to see the issues with combat rezzing you should check out vids where 2 zerg turtles of 50/60/70 people each are firing AoE’s at eachother. There will be people getting pushed to down state constantly and ressed back in seconds. Down state is a nice PvE feature but shouldn’t be in place in PvP or WvW simple as that. It doesn’t mix well with the AoE cap of damage skills.

Fun Riddle

in WvW

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

Portal Wars
15 characters zzz

Not really but it appears you posted them anyway. I’m not going to watch them though. I thought this was a fun thread but it appears I mistook your cryptic rage post for a lighthearted riddle.

Fun Riddle

in WvW

Balidore.2790

Portal Wars
15 characters zzz

Everything posted by you in this thread is some kind of smack talk or skill boast. However you play on a T8 server where as a Mesmer wearing light armor you can stand in a group of atleast 10-12 people down a guy AND stomp him. From the start of the clip (video 3) it takes you 30 seconds of running around IN THE ENEMY GROUP to get the lowbie ranger dead. For 30 seconds the enemy group didn’t manage to kill a single mesmer running around in their ranks killing a fellow server mate.
It’s obvious to see you have more skill than the opponents in the videos but that’s like saying you know more than a toddler, it’s hardly a compliment.

If you want to see the issues with combat rezzing you should check out vids where 2 zerg turtles of 50/60/70 people each are firing AoE’s at eachother. There will be people getting pushed to down state constantly and ressed back in seconds. Down state is a nice PvE feature but shouldn’t be in place in PvP or WvW simple as that. It doesn’t mix well with the AoE cap of damage skills.

I spent some time on DarkHaven, and saw no different result. Bad is bad. Not to mention, what you’re saying has absolutely nothing, at any given point in time, to say it’s not a zerg based mechanic. Know why? Cuz it undeniably is.

Zerg based mechanic, is a zerg based mechanic. Use all the excuses you want. It is what it is. It ruins skill, and adds zerging. On every level.

Balidor [Envy]
Mesmer/Thief
NSP

Fun Riddle

in WvW

Balidore.2790

Also, the vids are a 100% perfect example. Know why? They’re all bad players in all vids. Yet the last vid, is all bad players combat rezzing, and invincible because of it.

Balidor [Envy]
Mesmer/Thief
NSP

Fun Riddle

in WvW

Same.4687

I’m just going to stop discussing this and leave you with this. AOE caps at 5 (some skills are exempt of this rule) but its not impossible to beat a group of 20 with just a group of 5. If you have the advantage on skill and KNOW they will be ressing you could always focus on that area and try to get 2 to down state while they got 1 up. Rinse repeat.

The REAL issue with combat ressing is with the current turtle fad that’s going on. Where sick amount of people stack on top of each other and go “lol 90% of AoE has a cap”. Those who DO get hit and get to down state are brought back up in a matter of seconds.

This is why down state should be cut out of the game. Ressing a person back to life should not be taken out cause it’s a vital component.

Fun Riddle

in WvW

Balidore.2790

I’m just going to stop discussing this and leave you with this. AOE caps at 5 (some skills are exempt of this rule) but its not impossible to beat a group of 20 with just a group of 5. If you have the advantage on skill and KNOW they will be ressing you could always focus on that area and try to get 2 to down state while they got 1 up. Rinse repeat.

The REAL issue with combat ressing is with the current turtle fad that’s going on. Where sick amount of people stack on top of each other and go “lol 90% of AoE has a cap”. Those who DO get hit and get to down state are brought back up in a matter of seconds.

This is why down state should be cut out of the game. Ressing a person back to life should not be taken out cause it’s a vital component.

Yes, you are absolutely right, but that is the skill cap. Which is the exact problem. It’s a so called PvP game with a skill cap, that favors zergs..

Balidor [Envy]
Mesmer/Thief
NSP

Fun Riddle

in WvW

Balidore.2790

No one has answered the riddle yet.

hint #2

You can kill 10 people in 20 seconds, but if they have 40 people, they can rez them, in combat, in 5 seconds. What game am I playing?

Balidor [Envy]
Mesmer/Thief
NSP

Fun Riddle

in WvW

Posted by: toffin.5032

toffin.5032

I honestly think the OP, needs a cookie… anyone else agree? Everyone send him a chocolate chip cookie ingame… so he can boast more about something irrelevant.

Asuran CM~Bulldog~ Guild: Slackers Incorporated [INC] Back from a 3 year hiatus!
Server: Jade Quarry | Recruitment: Open

Fun Riddle

in WvW

Posted by: Smokee.1754

Smokee.1754

Sounds like the op still has alot to learn about the game.

Hint #1 – bottleneck your enemy

Hint #2 – Use siege

Hint #3 – If you fail ( like you did ), go try something else instead of wasting your time on the forums crying

Hint #4 – If you are still in doubt, look at some of the HB videos, and I am sure you will figure it out. Link is in the signature.

GL HF, I am sure you will figure it out some day.

[HB] Herfolge Boldklub – Competitive online gaming since 2001
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLY5l_0BX0TrarJeOLpDXAFTLtiCkygRtC
Nominated “Internet tough guy” 2013 by Tarkus

Fun Riddle

in WvW

Posted by: Raven Paradox.1860

Raven Paradox.1860

This is a trick question, because if you can’t kill downed players, you are not a top quality skilled group of 10, and the 30 aren’t disorganized if they’re getting those players up that quickly.

You’re playing Guild Wars 2. The only thing I think should really change is the amount of health someone regens while downed and being rezed. If that person is being attacked it should lower the health regen.

Fun Riddle

in WvW

Posted by: Ranc.7192

Ranc.7192

I think this is a L2p issue……

Rexir-80 Guardian
Guild- [EMP]
Server-Jade Quarry

Fun Riddle

in WvW

Posted by: Kinglette.4906

Kinglette.4906

Lol if 15 vs 30 and you have killed 15 of them without a death, kill the rest and Rez your friends that might die?

80 Guardian, 80 Warrior, 80 Thief
[AVTR] FA

Fun Riddle

in WvW

Balidore.2790

Sounds like the op still has alot to learn about the game.

Hint #1 – bottleneck your enemy

Hint #2 – Use siege

Hint #3 – If you fail ( like you did ), go try something else instead of wasting your time on the forums crying

Hint #4 – If you are still in doubt, look at some of the HB videos, and I am sure you will figure it out. Link is in the signature.

GL HF, I am sure you will figure it out some day.

Your videos are nothing but you either zerging, or having npcs on your side, lmao. Also, I didn’t see any of your enemies efficiently combat rezzing. You obviously didn’t watch the last vid I posted, and have no clue of what you’re talking about.

Balidor [Envy]
Mesmer/Thief
NSP

Fun Riddle

in WvW

Balidore.2790

Lol if 15 vs 30 and you have killed 15 of them without a death, kill the rest and Rez your friends that might die?

I’m not even sure you understood anything… lol. And it was a 10v30 situtation I dropped.

Also people, I’m not using an actual example of any “one time thing,” like allot are clearly assuming.

And yes, with a small group, you can focus the same people, over and over and over again, killing them 4 times till they finally die, but it’s silly that you have to.

Balidor [Envy]
Mesmer/Thief
NSP

Fun Riddle

in WvW

Balidore.2790

Literally… all of you are missing the point.

“It’s a zerg favoring mechanic in a pvp game.” What else needs to be said?

Balidor [Envy]
Mesmer/Thief
NSP

Fun Riddle

in WvW

Balidore.2790

And the first couple pvp videos, are purely there because someone at the top of the thread said “it’s impossible anyway,” so i was just showing it’s not.

Balidor [Envy]
Mesmer/Thief
NSP

Fun Riddle

in WvW

Posted by: MartyPartys.9187

MartyPartys.9187

10 quality and organized players should learn how to use the res possiblity themselves in their advantage.

Fun Riddle

in WvW

Posted by: Darxio.5672

Darxio.5672

1 guard used 6 carts eh? lmao. And you’re on Devona… You’re the ferg/dev/kain match. At no point in time has devona been outmanned in over a month. Also… after second gate, the champ lord that aoe blasts people for 10k-20k dmg. Doesn’t exactly count as a normal fight to begin with.

Uh, actually I’m on Kaineng, and it was 40 Fergs we 10 carted down at Etheron Hills. Before crossing the bridge into the lord’s room even.

It was the most epic moment ever for our little band because we didn’t expect that guardian to do that. We just expected to die.

Brigade of the Black Twilight [BBT]
Darxio – Thief Commander

Fun Riddle

in WvW

Balidore.2790

Uh, actually I’m on Kaineng, and it was 40 Fergs we 10 carted down at Etheron Hills. Before crossing the bridge into the lord’s room even.

It was the most epic moment ever for our little band because we didn’t expect that guardian to do that. We just expected to die.

Saw your name and thought you were that pro guy, lol. Still, that’s siege being available man, quite different than what I’m talkin about.

Balidor [Envy]
Mesmer/Thief
NSP

Fun Riddle

in WvW

Balidore.2790

10 quality and organized players should learn how to use the res possiblity themselves in their advantage.

As soon as you have someone go down, the zerg AoE’s like crazy, if you attempt to rez, then you just die too. Doesn’t work.
Only a zerg, or 2 groups of reletively equal numbers can use this mechanic. Hence being a zerg based mechanic.

Balidor [Envy]
Mesmer/Thief
NSP

Fun Riddle

in WvW

Posted by: MartyPartys.9187

MartyPartys.9187

When im out with 1 or 2 parties we always res our teammates, but we wait for the right time to do it, either when they just got downed, or when it is safe to res. When there is aoe you can just use your timewarp and res with 4 at the same time, aoe won’t do anything then. And if the enemies start ressing just charge and knock back, don’t let them, that’s the way to win.

Fun Riddle

in WvW

Posted by: romsea.8539

romsea.8539

So you took a video with 4 player having one of the most annoying downstate in the game against one to prove your point, i’ll give it a go then.

Talking about skill cap, daze and bump interrupt rez, you have an aoe daze and a bump, not saying that it’s easy in the heat of the fight, but look closely at this same video and see for yourself if you couldn’t have done better…

(edited by romsea.8539)

Fun Riddle

in WvW

Posted by: Hrist.8972

Hrist.8972

We all know about the downed state and it’s woes. We have known for a longtime and it will not change anytime soon.

Hrist Unriht – [Hovi] Unseelie Court – Seafarer’s Rest EU

Fun Riddle

in WvW

Posted by: romsea.8539

romsea.8539

downstate is perfectly fine. l2p issue here

Fun Riddle

in WvW

Posted by: Scyntrus.2458

Scyntrus.2458

Solution: rez, either rezzing yourself or another person, should be interrupted when you take damage, and you shouldn’t be able to start rezzing for another 3 seconds.

After arguing with an engineer for a while, you begin to realize that he actually enjoys it.

Fun Riddle

in WvW

Posted by: Sokina.8041

Sokina.8041

Wtf? Someone stop the presses, apparently having a bigger army is an advantage! Jesus Christ, This is utterly groundbreaking!

Also, I enjoy your riddle, but how about an inspirational quote or two?

“This isn’t fair”
~Person on losing team

“This is totally fair”
~Person on winning team

I find it funny that OP seems surprised that his “Super omega 1337 deadly strike squad of awesomeness” got overwhelmed by superior numbers. Obviously zerg mechanics. But when his 10 man group kills a 2 man group, obviously not zerg mechanics.

Solution: When one side has a bigger army, we should just give super mega buffs to the smaller army because having a bigger army is unfair. :[[[[[[[

Thanks for the riddle. Sure got a laugh out of it.

PS: I have no problems with downed state being in WvW personally, but I wish they’d take it out just so there’d be a lot less whining. Oh, but then people would complain about “Defeated Ressing.” Right. I forgot how people work.

Fun Riddle

in WvW

Posted by: Ichishi.9613

Ichishi.9613

10 top quality players are sitting behind one top quality cata, 4 top quality ballistas and 5 top quality arrow carts? I think even 50 people will not be a problem

Fun Riddle

in WvW

Posted by: Sabull.5670

Sabull.5670

10 really organised people will bomb the kitten out of 30 scrubnubs tbh :P. And if you killed 15 of them, surely you can quick heal and regroup and push out againg to finish all of them.
Anyway that wasn’t the point of the post i guess.

I think downed is fine and fits quite well for the gw2 mechanics. It adds a interesting game layer with denying stomps and deying revives. However I would like to see a nerf of mayby ~30% in the reviving speed. As atm a single player can in many cases outrevive a single player DPSing the downed unless he gets some good burst / running full glass.
So the guy in 1v2 cannot keep the other downed. It should require focus ressing or good CC to get a ress off.

Downed system adds new interesting layer of gameplay and with 30% less revive speed nerf it would be much more friendly in outmanned situations.

If we went more into tweaking it, I would also say all 2s should be effectively cone infront of you interupts. Not aoe (stealth is aoe interupt). And noone should be doing 1k+ in downed, like I as elementalist can do near 4k damage with my third ability when fully channeled.

[TA]