Ganked. No more interest in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Seriously, we just spent over 20 hours building, walking yaks, taking back supply points, fending off the charges, taking turns sleeping, and we had our fort pretty much done with all possible upgrades including a waypoint and the best possible guards.

One of the other servers, names are not important, overran us in less than 5 minutes.

If WvW success comes down to server population then I see no reason to continue playing that part of the game.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in WvW

Posted by: Syn.3459

Syn.3459

you can’t expect a castle to defend itself

in WvW

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

you can’t expect a castle to defend itself

We were there. I personally am not doing it again.

I think I’ll take up knitting, or maybe piano lessons. That might be more fun.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in WvW

Posted by: Shintai.5618

Shintai.5618

Lets know how it goes.

in WvW

Posted by: Preacher.9018

Preacher.9018

Abaddons Mouth?

http://www.pevepe.net/ – Seafarers Rest Server community website

in WvW

Posted by: Setch.2398

Setch.2398

I remember my first upgraded castle that got lost too. It can be quite disheartening. Hang in there. And try to think of everything you upgrade as more of an obstacle for the enemies than an actual full out defense of it.

SOR – [Boss]

in WvW

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Lets know how it goes.

I’m up to Mary had a Little Lamb. It’s cool.

That took me a couple of minutes and nobody destroyed my work.

in WvW

Posted by: dementedB.8594

dementedB.8594

Happens all the time. I once spent nearly 2g and more than a couple of hours on a tower only to lose it while about a dozen of our guys were grubbing 20 seconds distance from it.

in WvW

Posted by: addexfoe.9364

addexfoe.9364

Sounds like you got caught off guard with a concentrated effort. Upgrades augment your chances, but it’s not going multiply the number of defenders by three…

in WvW

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

…try to think of everything you upgrade as more of an obstacle for the enemies than an actual full out defense of it.

These “upgrades” weren’t even a bump in the road, and I pretty much expect full out defense. There is no reason to spend hard to get gold on “upgrades” if they are not a full out defense.

We worked hard on this, and we were there when we got hit. It’s not a wonder that people are complaining about “night capping”.

Server population wins, everyone else can go do something else.

in WvW

Posted by: Sensational.4328

Sensational.4328

Ballista.

http://venturesguild.com – Competitive Gaming.

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Only certain upgrades are worth it at this point, oil, cannons. Repairing the wall only worth it if the walls are damaged. Tougher walls and doors only delay attackers and cannot repell them.

Cannons are very strong, and arrow carts are broken against zergs (olol retaliation). When retaliation gets fixed you can put down enough arrow carts in advance as a force multiplier (make each individual on your team worth 3-4). Then setup a treb to make sure the enemy cant build siege against you.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

Only certain upgrades are worth it at this point, oil, cannons. Repairing the wall only worth it if the walls are damaged. Tougher walls and doors only delay attackers and cannot repell them.

Cannons are very strong, and arrow carts are broken against zergs (olol retaliation). When retaliation gets fixed you can put down enough arrow carts in advance as a force multiplier (make each individual on your team worth 3-4). Then setup a treb to make sure the enemy cant build siege against you.

Also get an ele with a staff to throw down lava fonts on the gate and meteor showers. You can hit rams through the gate and seeing as they cant be repaired… Lets just say i’ve lengthened the time it takes 20man zergs to break unguarded towers by about 5x by myself.

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

right now the gate defense trick is to setup 2-3 cats behind your own door, hitting your own door.

No rams allowed.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Turukano.3106

Turukano.3106

Upgrades are not the way to defend your keep.

Build siege-weapons all around it. Catas behind the gate like Draygo explained. Point some Ballistae at choke-points. Put Arrow-Carts on the walls out of line of sight (you dont need that). Heck even build a Trebuchet to counter Trebuchets build to attack your tower. Make sure you have enough people to man the equipment and you win. Only a prolonged siege from an organized group will be able to defeat you if they use a lot of siege weapons to counter yours.

If you give up after losing once, WvW is not for you.

[center]Karn Aanug [KA][/center]

in WvW

Posted by: Veltoss.9135

Veltoss.9135

Unless there is no queue all servers have the same amount of people in each wvw map. Its that they were more organized and you did not have enough people defending, which is your own fault. Don’t build something you dont have the numbers to defend. Of course numbers matter, its open war, you don’t get fair numbers. If you are outnumbered, outplay them. I watched my server work together to outplay and fend off a 2v1 attack forsveral hours on red briar just by working together better and being better players, and this was with about half the numbers.

Blackgate