Golem in a Box. Intended for WvW use?

in WvW

Posted by: Quenta.2978

Quenta.2978

You can buy them in Metrica Province for 8 copper a piece. They increase in power off your stats. Was getting hit by them for 5-8k, you can just spam them on a target.

It probably should be nerfed or removed.

in WvW

Posted by: graverr.6473

graverr.6473

8k ? run naked much ?

my max hit was 2k on gc thiefs

Mini Somales -Seven Instincts- [siN]

in WvW

Posted by: xxxzavulonxxx.8413

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

Yeah. They bees the OP.

[SU]

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

I got hit for 5k on my necro with full cnd/prec/tough gear. If you were only hitting for 2k you don’t have any power in your build.

in WvW

Posted by: Heru.5427

Heru.5427

It’s what happens when Anet equates WvW to PvE rather than PvP. Hopefully this gets fixed asap, don’t get your hopes up though. Maybe they even thinks it’s a good idea, who knows.

in WvW

Posted by: Foss.4830

Foss.4830

Tested.

They are mitigated by armor so theres really no problem. Was hitting a warrior with them for about 1kish.

The only problem that I do see however is the lack of any cooldown on them. Should not be useable in wvw.

Bluecog – Valór [RUN] – Kaineng

in WvW

Foss.4830

I got hit for 5k on my necro with full cnd/prec/tough gear. If you were only hitting for 2k you don’t have any power in your build.

Thats probably true. Tested it on my lowbie. Ill try it in full zerker gear on my thief.

Tested. Still not hitting anywhere near 5k.

(edited by Foss.4830)

in WvW

Posted by: ndrangles.5183

ndrangles.5183

Huh, I only knew about the 56 copper golems. You can also buy rocks, planks, and gunk in Brisban for 56 copper each. Rocks are spammable 900 range 1 sec knockdown, planks are melee range launch with 4 sec cd, and gunk is an ethereal combo field that pulses random conditions. If you really wanted to put the money into it, I guess you could grief-kill someone with rocks and planks.

I’ve only seen the Golems used before, though. None of these things should be usable in WvW, that’s fer shure.

Majyyks [Os] – NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

Thats probably true. Tested it on my lowbie. Ill try it in full zerker gear on my thief.

I just got one to crit for 3k on my p/t/v warrior. I don’t have glass cannon gear to test, but I’m sure I could get it higher. The real power of these things is not their damage, but their ability to be used from the top of a wall. If you have a stack of these and someone is trying to ram a wall you can just spam them on the rams.

in WvW

Posted by: IRSyKo.5843

IRSyKo.5843

I just got one to crit for 3k on my p/t/v warrior. I don’t have glass cannon gear to test, but I’m sure I could get it higher. The real power of these things is not their damage, but their ability to be used from the top of a wall. If you have a stack of these and someone is trying to ram a wall you can just spam them on the rams.

Yep, Siege was going from full health to dead in seconds.

This needs a nerf ASAP

Through discipline, we prevail.
[BT]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: potimus.2613

potimus.2613

Been using these for months and someone is just now complaining about them. I’m guessing you guys are from SBI, first time you have seen them huh….

in WvW

Posted by: Thrashbarg.9820

Thrashbarg.9820

Sounds like something got overlooked back in the patch which disabled all the other bundles you can buy in pve from wvw (like the experimental rifle that gave stealth, etc.). Report it using the bug report feature in game.

Hats off to all the ones who stood before me, and taught a fool to ride.

in WvW

Posted by: Quenta.2978

Quenta.2978

Ya, they should nerf this.

in WvW

Posted by: Psychatog.8246

Psychatog.8246

ive was getting 8.4-9k crits with them while my alpha golem was wielding golems in a box

in WvW

Foss.4830

ive was getting 8.4-9k crits with them while my alpha golem was wielding golems in a box

lool thats just funny.

in WvW

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

meh the damage is ok considering you have to keep your inventory each time you wanna launch one however if you can indeed use them with siege golems then that needs fixing cuz the damage output will be massive on a glass cannon siege golem.

in WvW

Posted by: potimus.2613

potimus.2613

There are counters to these, I have died many times using them until it was perfected, and they are only situational, and like I say can be countered. The other pve stuff that was taken out had no counter and was severely op, these are not. How come all the servers we have used these against haven’t said anything yet. They figured it out, and I’m sure you guys will too. Although I do agree you shouldn’t be able to use them from a golem.

About the damage…with my ranger i get crits at 5.5-6.5k….but on my other toon I’m lucky to get 2k

in WvW

Posted by: Theagenes.7403

Theagenes.7403

You mean it shouldnt be used to do something like this?

Council Member of [siN] – Seven Intincts
www.seveninstincts.com
Piken Square.[ES]

in WvW

Posted by: StormWolf.7645

StormWolf.7645

If you guys ruin my ability to use GiBs while in Griffon form…I will never forgive you. I will track you all down in game and put flags in your heads repeatedly! Also: GiBs are FAR from OP…If you think they are OP, l2p.

in WvW

Posted by: Sahfur.5612

Sahfur.5612

Thank you for doing this, I’ve been using this a while and was wanting a video of people doing it as a proof of concept.

Please don’t remove! Its far too funny to remove!

It might be perfectly balanced though, the damage could be because I am glass cannon. They nerfed other consumables but not this.. Its fine for now. Also it sort of has a clear tell due to the huge golems floating toward you.

I am sure all the reports of golem in a box working in wvw (and thus not being against the rules) are lost in between the reports of all the events to fix skale venom I’ve sent to them. I keep reporting that the event chain is broken in Jade Quarry but they don’t bother to fix it. This gives other servers a -real- edge against us. Golem in a box is nothing compared to 50 people with skale venom vs 50 people (us) who don’t have it.

Plants, As far as I know are still, still bending toward
the light! And if we dance, until the heart explodes,
It’ll make this place ignite!

(edited by Sahfur.5612)

in WvW

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

In my humble opinion ArenaNet needs to reinstate the use of most bundle items. They actually made WvW fun and gave people an excuse to get out of LA and explore the lands of Tyria in order to collect all these fun toys (and they’re a great goldsink too *wink/nudge).

I’d understand that some restrictions should be set (like the Telportation Gun), but most bundle items did not seem that unbalanced. For example the Cannonball which could knock someone down but had an internal cd of 5 seconds I believe.

My main character has a 20-slot bag full of these items, but unfortunately their use is limited due to being denied in WvW.

At any rate, it seems that the further we go; the aspect of actually ‘having fun’ in a videogame is removed. And that is a real shame…

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

in WvW

Posted by: Sahfur.5612

Sahfur.5612

I agree. They force us to go to wvw aka PVP (its player versus player, do you even remember or have any difficulty against the npcs? No, they are scenery.) for pve world completion, they should be “encouraged” likewise to go out into pve for bundles. It might help fill the zones. I am sick of the double standard from wvw and dungeons.

Dungeons aren’t required for pve world completion yet (comparatively to pve: ugly) clone maps that have no meaning in wvw are. Anyway, I agree, some of the bundles weren’t that bad. The mines and bombs weren’t exactly horrible. The stealth items should stay long gone, but other than that most of the stuff was fun, not imbalanced. They already instituted a hierarchy where people with the most gold succeed due to other mechanics in wvw at their core. Everything else is just fun and games by comparison.

Plants, As far as I know are still, still bending toward
the light! And if we dance, until the heart explodes,
It’ll make this place ignite!

in WvW

Posted by: Laiboch.4380

Laiboch.4380

I have hit for 7-8K damage with them…

Zoe Pain [GASM]
DB Night Crew

in WvW

Posted by: Darxio.5672

Darxio.5672

Just remember: If you see a little golem swimming on the ground towards you… reflect it.

It counts as a projectile. It can be reflected and thus work to your advantage. You can wipe out the user’s own team if you reflect them properly.

I’ve killed my own teammates by accident with them getting reflected in large zerg fights. They must be used wisely.

Brigade of the Black Twilight [BBT]
Darxio – Thief Commander

in WvW

Posted by: graverr.6473

graverr.6473

WvW needs more bundles like these to use not less.They are one of the few things that make the game more enjoyable since nobody cares about pve .They cost gold and u need spend a lot to make some propper damage,not to mention how inadequate they are to use in a quick battel,u are immobile,u need to equip from the inventory and is a gold sinkThey are slow as hell and u must be afk t o get hit by one.Kinda beats the purpois of pvp if uwanna just sit there and watch this comming to you and do nothing but spam skills and wanting it removed.

If it were for the QQers we would all be fighting with wooden planks and only nr1 skill for all classes.By all means implement more of these things they are what makes the game fun when you are bored,Roleplay and some ocasional giggle to the enemy.

Just stop crying about anything for crying out loud,this is so ridiculous.

Mini Somales -Seven Instincts- [siN]

in WvW

Posted by: holska.4127

holska.4127

It’s what happens when Anet equates WvW to PvE rather than PvP. Hopefully this gets fixed asap, don’t get your hopes up though. Maybe they even thinks it’s a good idea, who knows.

I don’t think it’s a bad idea either. WvW is like A.net’s implementation of open world pvp. In the classic open world pvp mmo’s you can often also use all your PvE tools when fighting others. Those items are available to everyone, they might be OP compared to skills / other consumable items that work in WvW but they’re not unbalanced because everybody can get them.

in WvW

Posted by: LieutenantGoogle.7326

LieutenantGoogle.7326

I have got to try this now.

lv80 with skills fully unlocked, warrior, elementalist and engineer
lv80 Necromancer, all professional skills unlocked, working on the final norn elite skills.

in WvW

Posted by: Tyjaka.6137

Tyjaka.6137

Gololololem in a Box you meaN?

Tjkingsly: 80 Guardian | Aco | Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Theagenes.7403

Theagenes.7403

Hahahah, thanks guys.

As iit can be seen in the video, it was REAAAAALLY fun, you should all try it out.

Council Member of [siN] – Seven Intincts
www.seveninstincts.com
Piken Square.[ES]

in WvW

Posted by: Pannonica.5378

Pannonica.5378

WvW needs more bundles like these to use not less.They are one of the few things that make the game more enjoyable since nobody cares about pve .They cost gold and u need spend a lot to make some propper damage,not to mention how inadequate they are to use in a quick battel,u are immobile,u need to equip from the inventory and is a gold sinkThey are slow as hell and u must be afk t o get hit by one.Kinda beats the purpois of pvp if uwanna just sit there and watch this comming to you and do nothing but spam skills and wanting it removed.

If it were for the QQers we would all be fighting with wooden planks and only nr1 skill for all classes.By all means implement more of these things they are what makes the game fun when you are bored,Roleplay and some ocasional giggle to the enemy.

Just stop crying about anything for crying out loud,this is so ridiculous.

Quoted for truth!
And to be honest, it tells a lot about the current state of WvW that things like these bundles are so enjoyable…. also this is coming from an engineer, mind you.

Pannonica
Red Guard

in WvW

Posted by: Rawnoodles.1398

Rawnoodles.1398

Kinda OP :P

Rawnoodles | Mini Noodles
[ESOL] -Elite Solidarity| Driver|
" Latest Video "

(edited by Rawnoodles.1398)

in WvW

Posted by: MainVoyage.5924

MainVoyage.5924

These should definitely be removed or at least nerf the damage on them tremendously.

in WvW

Posted by: EvilSardine.9635

EvilSardine.9635

This needs to be removed from WvW.

I’m getting everyone I know to report it as an exploit/bug.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

I did just buy 300 of those. Now my tank warrior defend keeps laika boss.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Haldunius.7864

Haldunius.7864

I don’t care if they are kept in WvW as long as their damage against siege is reduced.

FA Mesmo – [VK]
Last words – “I’m going to jump off this cliff
and pull all those guys down cuz they’ll die.”

in WvW

Posted by: Raztlin.7964

Raztlin.7964

EvilSardine this item is avalible to everyone in the game therefore you have the same adavantage if it gives you one. Just because you “didn’t” discover it first and use it to be effective. All I get from most posts complaining about this is lots of crying like little children.

in WvW

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

That’s an excellent idea, lol, I’m gonne try that right away too, lol.

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

in WvW

Posted by: DarkElvenChic.2618

DarkElvenChic.2618

So serious, everyone can use them so…just buy your own? It’s like saying oh so and so brought food buffs and I didn’t so that’s cheating!

Commander ~ Aurora Noctai ~ Thief
Officer of Rethesis [RE] ~ Kaineng
NEO Alliance ~ NeverEndingOdds.com

in WvW

EvilSardine.9635

EvilSardine this item is avalible to everyone in the game therefore you have the same adavantage if it gives you one. Just because you “didn’t” discover it first and use it to be effective. All I get from most posts complaining about this is lots of crying like little children.

Seriously?

in WvW

Posted by: Expunge.4926

Expunge.4926

So serious, everyone can use them so…just buy your own? It’s like saying oh so and so brought food buffs and I didn’t so that’s cheating!

you can use them while standing out of los on top of walls to defend… the golems just slide down walls.

they don’t slide up walls though

(edited by Expunge.4926)

in WvW

Posted by: Braxxus.2904

Braxxus.2904

Wow!
Going to buy a crapload of these tonight. My warrior might be worth playing above my thief or ele for the first time in weeks.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: DarkElvenChic.2618

DarkElvenChic.2618

the issue is that you can use them while standing out of los on top of walls to defend… the golems just slide down walls.

they don’t slide up walls though

I know the issue. Honestly I think, it’s probably an oversight but Q.Q on the WvW forums solves nothing. So, yeah try putting them in the bugs sections and don’t expect people to stop using things that have been permitted from the start. Anet will have to fix it like the myriad other WvW bugs.

Edit: Also a thief can arc cluster bombs over a wall while standing out of LoS too! Commence more Q.Q!

Commander ~ Aurora Noctai ~ Thief
Officer of Rethesis [RE] ~ Kaineng
NEO Alliance ~ NeverEndingOdds.com

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

I think the GiBs are fun to use, but there have been rather few situations where I find they make a difference against anybody who is paying attention. They do have some cool features, though, and to the best of my knowledge the following is accurate.

-1. They are spammable with no cd … you can drop them as fast as you can double-click them and hit your #1 key.

-2. They can be locked on to a target and will pursue it. Enemies, NPCs, mobs, walls, gates, and siege are all viable targets. If you don’t target anything they will simply travel in a straight line in the direction you are facing when you launch them.

-3. They have a range of 1600, but as best I can tell that is total travel distance, not radius. If your target is running around they will eventually detonate on their own at 1600 or whenever they hit an obstacle, whichever comes first. Players are not obstacles, but players can become collateral damage.

-4. They are a bomb and will cause AoE damage within a radius of 120 of their detonation. If you can find a safe place from which to launch them they can be fun against a zerg.

-5. They will not go through either friendly or enemy gates.

-6. They can be launched from stealth without breaking it, but will reveal you as soon as they do damage.

-7. You can launch them while moving.

-8. As far as I know they can be blocked/reflected but not killed.

-9. They can drop off ledges but will not climb over obstacles. Even the small lip on the top of a wall will block them, meaning they can’t be dropped from walls onto attackers below … although they can drop from adjacent hills.

-10. Their damage is highly variable depending upon the specs of who/what they hit, and possibly the specs of who is launching them although I haven’t tested that last part.

-11. A train of them headed toward a zerg looks cool … and pretty much draws an arrow right back to the person launching them. If you are the only one in your group using them, expect to die.

I once used GiBs to solo defend a camp against about 8 enemy that were too preoccupied with the NPCs to notice that I was using them. I just rotated targets and spammed GiBs, and the GiBs did enough AoE damage that the NPCs were able finish most of them … the last two standing ran off. At least for me, though, that kind fo thing has been the exception. I do believe that GiBs could make at least some difference in the right situation, but in my opinion those situations are not common and I’d hate to see them get excluded from WvW.

Now if they could go through gates, THAT would be something else.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

This needs to be removed from WvW.

I’m getting everyone I know to report it as an exploit/bug.

Whether they should be removed from WvW is debatable, but it is simply inane of you to call them a bug or an exploit. They work exactly as specified by ANet and are available to everyone at almost zero cost. How on earth is that an exploit? Please answer … I’d really like to know.

They aren’t even overpowered … I’ve tried them out in a lot of different situations and in most cases I won’t even bother with them. They aren’t much different than a really slow ranged ability that can easily be countered. Their most significant advantages are that they can be spammed and have long range, but the slow travel time pretty much offsets that range.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: Zyk.3597

Zyk.3597

If I remember correctly from the one time I had these spammed against me, the golems track you mercilessly. Bit extreme for something that can be spammed for that much damage…. If they took that out and the apparent “slide down the walls” thing, might be okay. It’s sad to see a spammable consumable that’s stronger than most weapon skills, though.

in WvW

StormWolf.7645

If I remember correctly from the one time I had these spammed against me, the golems track you mercilessly. Bit extreme for something that can be spammed for that much damage…. If they took that out and the apparent “slide down the walls” thing, might be okay. It’s sad to see a spammable consumable that’s stronger than most weapon skills, though.

…No it isn’t. -.-
A) It’s slower than regular attacks.
B) It costs money for every attack.
C) It’s at BEST equal damage to your 1 Attack…If it’s doing more, you’re doing it wrong. XD

in WvW

Posted by: Gaertan.4512

Gaertan.4512

I already submitted this screen but whatev

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Odaman.8359

Odaman.8359

So funny to watch people defend it. I do 8-11k crits on GC mesmer with these things… they’re 1600 fn range, you can drop 1 a second with no cd…. oh no they cost 8c? 10g for 12500 attacks.

Are they useful in open field? Yes, but at least you can reflect them back to the user there. In defense they are probably the most broken aspect of wvw other than culling.

Odaman 80 Mesmer
Maguuma

in WvW

EvilSardine.9635

A) It’s slower than regular attacks.
B) It costs money for every attack.
C) It’s at BEST equal damage to your 1 Attack…If it’s doing more, you’re doing it wrong. XD

A) Not really. It’s spammable with no CD.

B)Saying this costs money to defend it is silly. It means that only bigger guilds and people with lots of money are the ones that abuse this. Which is why big guild leaders set up whole crews dedicated to stealthing while spamming these. Endless money to do it with.

C)People are being hit for 12k with this. Please let me know which class deals 12k in damage with their number 1 attack so that I can starting playing that class.

in WvW

StormWolf.7645

C)People are being hit for 12k with this. Please let me know which class deals 12k in damage with their number 1 attack so that I can starting playing that class.

Only people doing that much damage are people in Golems. -.- Considering how easy it is to melt golems, I think it’s nice they -actually- have an attack that hurts. Still easily turned on you though because if they reflect your mini-golems it’ll kill -your- group instead.