Hack or is something seriously wrong here?

in WvW

Posted by: Rskippy.3620

Rskippy.3620

We were in WvW jump puzzle having fun with some pvp and some Mesmer from Blackgate kept fooling around with us which was all good, and then he begun using his temporal curtain from an incredible range.. and pulling us, i attempted to get a screenshot of him doing this while the curtain was out but he would never do it while we were looking directly towards him.

the 3 of us have reported him for ’’botting’’ given there is no more accurate report manner and i thought i would put it up here with hopes of someone either shedding some light or a Dev seeing this.

Here is a screenshot of where we were standing as opposed to him, he was using his temporal curtain from the spot you see in the screenshot and placing it between the stairs / flat ground just in front of us.. it is well over 1200 range (even though the skill range is only 900) and i can’t help but feel there’s something seriously wrong here.

PS. i have blotted out some chat names and the name of a pug player for their own privacy.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

I’m on Blackgate. I have no idea who this guy is. If he truly was hacking then I hope he gets banned.

However, I have no idea if this guy was hacking, because you haven’t provided anything other than hearsay. Your screenshot literally shows nothing other than providing a supposed distance to consider (for the Curtain usage).

You said “i attempted to get a screenshot of him doing this while the curtain was out but he would never do it while we were looking directly towards him.”

Are you aware that you can turn your camera irrespective of your character’s directional heading? It just doesn’t make any sense to me why he would only “hack” when your character’s back was turned. This isn’t a first-person-only point-of-view game.

What bugs me about this post is:

1) You reported someone even though, by your own admission, you have no idea if he was hacking. Admittedly, if he wasn’t hacking then probably nothing will happen to his account. But it would be a shame if his account became suspended for doing nothing (ANet isn’t perfect).

2) You posted a screenshot of this person, who may now have to defend himself to his guild/friends, even though you don’t know if he was hacking. As proven by the court of public opinion, people are often guilty until proven innocent.

3) You could have easily made this post without showing the person’s guild/server and it wouldn’t have changed the content/point of your post. “I think this person was using Curtain from a distance of beyond 1200. Is this possible? Here is a screenshot showing the terrain in question. I’ve blanked out the server/guild name.”

[AoN] All or Nothing

(edited by Xirin.8593)

in WvW

Rskippy.3620

Yes I know a view can be spun around to look behind a character, I didn’t think I would have to explain the “exact” times he used this pull.. firstly it was when we were just jumping around and didn’t notice he was there until the pull because of the direction we were pulled to. And then he did it again as we were in combat with some other players (neither were mesmers at the time) at that time was when I decided is take a screenshot.. of where he was.. tried to coax him in to doing it again for a short while after and he never did.

So I put this up, I didn’t hide his guild / server name because it is only that, it isn’t a character or account name, and it is not just a question of “can he do this?” I know for a fact the distance is well beyond 1200 and the ability range is only 900. So I know there is something wrong going on here.. wether it be a hack or an exploit.. so I am providing what information I can with this screenshot, and asking if anybody knows of this exploit or issue. Or if he is perhaps doing it in some way I am unsure of.

(edited by Rskippy.3620)

in WvW

Xirin.8593

I don’t think you understood the point of my post, but I won’t harp on it any further.

Hopefully someone who mains a Mesmer can answer your question (although I doubt it, given the lack of details/proof).

[AoN] All or Nothing

in WvW

Rskippy.3620

I do main a mesmer.. incase you can’t tell by my screenshot? So I have a real good idea of what they are capable of.. and a temporal curtain from ontop of that building? I’m at a loss as to how that could even be close to possible.

in WvW

Posted by: saVdoom.2067

saVdoom.2067

[…] and placing it between the stairs / flat ground just in front of us.. it is well over 1200 range (even though the skill range is only 900)

Far-Reaching Manipulations
The range of your manipulation skills is increased.

Tier Adept in Dueling trait line. It does indeed make the range of blink up to 1200 range. So maybe that is why?

in WvW

Xirin.8593

I do main a mesmer.. incase you can’t tell by my screenshot? So I have a real good idea of what they are capable of.. and a temporal curtain from ontop of that building? I’m at a loss as to how that could even be close to possible.

I was referring to other Mesmers, since you obviously have not been able to solve this by yourself.

Suggestion: next time provide a fraps if you can or more than one screenshot, preferably showing the actual transgression in question.

You’re asking us to solve a riddle without giving us any clues.

[AoN] All or Nothing

in WvW

Rskippy.3620

And that’s what I’m saying.. the distance he was at is beyond 1200 range from there.. that distance I doubt even a warrior could hit with a 1500 range kill shot.. he was literally at the point where when I took a few steps back he dropped target and was in-targetable.

in WvW

Rskippy.3620

Xirin did I not say I tried to coax him to get a screenshot of him actually doing it? And I don’t run fraps.

The screenshot is there to show the distance for those who may have viable answers.. and timestamps / locations etc may help arena net investigate it if they choose to. I am not asking you to “solve a riddle with no clues” now if you have nothing constructive to say regarding the issue just stop posting on here.

in WvW

Xirin.8593

“Trying” to get evidence is not the same thing as obtaining evidence. I hope you understand that, as that was the entire point of my first post.

I’m pretty sure my posts have been nothing but constructive. I am not a fan of people being accused of hacking without proof. I have offered suggestions as to how you can obtain a clear answer to your question, should this occur again in the future.

Cheers.

[AoN] All or Nothing

in WvW

Posted by: Hardist.3104

Hardist.3104

PS. i have blotted out some chat names and the name of a pug player for their own privacy.

Could’ve also done that for the enemy.

I know for a fact the distance is well beyond 1200

And how do you know that? Where are the facts?

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

Such issues are meant to be reported to exploits@arena.net. Please send an e-mail including all information you may have about it, and our team will investigate it.

Thank you for your concerns.

(edited by Moderator)