How many people in a map before it's queued?

in WvW

Posted by: Evilzara.6378

Evilzara.6378

This may have been asked before and I apologize.

Commander Evilzara of The Black Tides [TBT]

Stormbluff Isle

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

I believe its 166 each server, so BP would recieve a Que after 166 ppl from BP were in.

in WvW

Posted by: Fiction.6418

Fiction.6418

I think it is 133 per server on each borderland and 166 per server on eternal.

Evidence – 80Asura Thief | Skáldskap 80Human Guardian | Pirateking 80Human Mesmer
Pvp Inc. [PvP]
Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

as far as i knew, it was 500 players total across all 4 maps. 500 divided by 4 comes out to 125, so that’s my guess there.

in WvW

Posted by: Neandramathal.9536

Neandramathal.9536

I have heard 500 total per map = 166 per server per map.
I have heard 100 per server per map (as it was lowered in the beta at one point).

But I have seen RoS get a queue with evidence of 30 players, then again there is a lot of afkers.

[GoV] Gnomes of Vabbi || [Imp] Impact
Currently @ Piken Square
Small scale unimpressive videos of unimpressiveness: http://www.youtube.com/neandramathal

in WvW

Posted by: LieutenantGoogle.7326

LieutenantGoogle.7326

i think its around 150 per map so about 600 in total for 1 server.
It’s not over 250 per though, based on my experience.

A zerg of 60 is considered a Olympian size group and you’ll rarely see people defending if you have that many running around

lv80 with skills fully unlocked, warrior, elementalist and engineer
lv80 Necromancer, all professional skills unlocked, working on the final norn elite skills.

in WvW

Posted by: salluks.6017

salluks.6017

I doubt it is over 100. Regardless of what was in the manifesto.
More like 80-100.

in WvW

Posted by: datbabykilla.4307

datbabykilla.4307

Its definitely not total across 4 maps, because some borderlands will be queued while others are not.

And yeah, 80-100 sounds closer.

in WvW

Posted by: spartanx.1364

spartanx.1364

Idk tonight at reset my guild had 40 in, another had 30, and another had 20 + Militia. so I would say around 100 or so.

Tytos The Ascended – Tytos Hill – Dee Oh Tee
Paintrainchoo.com – Conductor – TC

in WvW

spartanx.1364

I would love an Anet response though.

in WvW

Posted by: Darkhart.9142

Darkhart.9142

Lol Spartan I’ve been waiting for an A-net response to this since release.

in WvW

Posted by: Katsumoto.9452

Katsumoto.9452

I’m not sure to be honest. I’ve been on when it feels like you have around 40 and the queues start, maybe 50 accounting for those in the jump puzzle. Yet you hear of the map caps at 3 times this number…

I do wonder if the queue is some form of limiting factor whereby one server cannot exceed numbers of another (whilst within certain parameters, eg if another server only has 1 then it ignores the algorithm) by a certain number * their forces.

Aurora Glade [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Hackuuna.4085

Hackuuna.4085

From my own experiences, I would guess the number is around 60 for borderlands. ANet should absolutely have told everyone what this number is by now.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

What if there was a finite total for each map … Say 150 …. And once it hits 150, no matter which numbers from which side, there’s a queue.

For example: team a has 75 on map, team b has 50, that means there’s only room for 25 players on map for team c.

It certainly feels like its this way sometimes on map.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Juxtapositronic.1405

Juxtapositronic.1405

I would be very surprised if it was more than 80-100 people per server per map.

Jack Lolwand [LUN]

in WvW

spartanx.1364

Jayne if its that way then servers would lock other teams out of the map.

As far as the 60 Number, that cant be. My guild alone has had 50+ in a map with another guild running around as well. I dont know why Anet is so sketchy about this. It should be easy to say each server can have x number on a map. Unless they use some silly balancing formula to determine ques.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Jayne if its that way then servers would lock other teams out of the map.

Not if they keep bodies on and there’s a constant flux of players go in and out. On reset everyone rushes to map, it wouldn’t surprise me if there was indeed a finite number because I can’t account for some numbers on our map and having a queue after I see the opposition go running by in a massive zerg.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: hungryhippos.4980

hungryhippos.4980

anet too busy to give a simple number guys.

Ayra Bleu Wynd (80 Elementalist), Carly R Jepson (80 Thief), Six Inch Samurai (80 Guardian)
Sir Spanx Too Much (80 Warrior), Lanevo X (80 Necromancer), Miss Meryzia (40 Mesmer)

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

Too busy doing what? They have people who moderate forum posts with response times measured in minutes, but you rarely see an answer on any issue … even a simple one like this one. Whatever any of us may think of GW2 as a product, I think ANet clearly has one of the worst customer service attitudes of any large scale commercial venture in any market.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: MarMaster.6241

MarMaster.6241

It’s some sort of “competitive” secret formula. Don’t want the players to know.
Wait, why not let us know?

Dragonbrand (JQ) [FIRE]bats ~ Trusted member of the Universe
Mar Steadfast G, Silent Intrigue T, Mar Fidget Engi, Mar Fierce W, Silent Awe M
In GW2 since BWE1 ~ ~ ~ Guild leader of Legio Romana [LR], too

in WvW

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

I would be very surprised if it was more than 80-100 people per server per map.

same, definitely not what they were originally shooting for in the early days of 150+. Lag and culling issues ruled that out right quick in the betas. We did some testing early on and estimated around 60 in the borderland maps which explains all the killer queues we use to suffer through in the first two months. I am still wondering what the server population caps are set to lately. Seems silly to everyone sitting at full when we know the PvE side of things can hold a lot more and they can adjust them on the fly.

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

166 sure doesnt feel right.

At most ive ever seen 3 large zergs run around from 1 server at a time (consisting of 20-30 each). Add some randoms and i think 100 is a good guess.

We had a zerg a few weeks back of just 20 ppl, yet the borderland had a queue. Went scouting around to see if i could find another zerg from our server, asked around, looked around.
Found a bunch of people in the jumping puzzle, and no other zerg. I would find it hard to believe we had 100 ppl on that map at the time. Let alone 150-160.

in WvW

Posted by: Hekatombaion.4320

Hekatombaion.4320

They wouldn’t want to tell us about the actual mechanics because that would only lead to bad kinds of meta gaming.

What use would it be to you to know the maximum player count for a map? What use would it be to know if they had some sliding cap?

Italucuc[KH] – 80 Mesmer – Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Jaxon.5392

Jaxon.5392

I’d estimate around 80 per map.

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

They wouldn’t want to tell us about the actual mechanics because that would only lead to bad kinds of meta gaming.

What use would it be to you to know the maximum player count for a map? What use would it be to know if they had some sliding cap?

Why not?

Last thing they said about the matter, official statement, was that 160 players thing. If it turns out they secretly dialed this back to 100 or even 80, it would set the notion of grander battles then are actually happening.

If you dont care, so be it. But other people might care, they could have bought into the idea of large battles only to find the pop cap is less, perhaps even as little has half of what they anounced (and advertised).

Wouldnt be the first thing they came back on, wether quietly or not.

in WvW

Posted by: Rake.7169

Rake.7169

I’d suggest it’s 166 for all servers on EB & 133 combined on BL so those 500 players are the matchup total for all servers.
then again I’ve read alot about 60-80 player zergs, that wouldn’t be possible with a share of 55/44 per server.
haven’t been in bigger zergs than 35-40 so can’t speak from experience.
one thing is moretheless for sure, it’s way below 100 per map/server.
once I enter a queued BL there’s hardly ever more than one 30-40 zerg some roamers and maybe 1-2 groups with 4-6

(edited by Rake.7169)

in WvW

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

Too busy doing what? They have people who moderate forum posts with response times measured in minutes, but you rarely see an answer on any issue … even a simple one like this one. Whatever any of us may think of GW2 as a product, I think ANet clearly has one of the worst customer service attitudes of any large scale commercial venture in any market.

I think your sarcasm detector needs new batteries.

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

I think your sarcasm detector needs new batteries.

I knew full well that hippos was being sarcastic, but I was pretty sure that ANet didn’t. My post was really directed at them, not him.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

2000 people total (500 per map) = 165 per server/EB’s

I heard that in your own BL you get more players allowed in since normally both invading servers will be attacking you. (200,150,150 – something like that.)