I think that one week matchmaking is going to ruin WvW unless you remove orbs.

in WvW

Posted by: hashinshin.9271

hashinshin.9271

It was shown in the 1-day matchmaking that once one side gets 3 orbs they just take complete control. Now that we have 7-day matchmaking there are 6 days of just waiting for the game to end.

Please just remove orbs until you can put them in in a better way. I want to WvW, but it’s just sort of pointless. My server does not have a big night capping audience, there is no way for us to ninja orbs back. As such, there is simply little reason to WvW beyond taking a tower and 2 supply camps before they notice you exist again and crush you.

It’s simply not right for the winning side to also get ridiculously massive advantages. If they want to take 90% of the territory and 1v2 then they should be GOOD enough to do it, not just given flat massive advantages so they can do it.

Also do try to remove them before everyone just gets tired of our server and leaves. We already lost all our aussies.

(edited by hashinshin.9271)

in WvW

Posted by: Shlamorel.8714

Shlamorel.8714

Out of curiosity, when the two servers are being dominated by 1 server with all the orbs, do those two underdogs team up? That should offset the benefit of the orbs… And that’s the whole reason we have 1v1v1 instead of 1v1 maps… To counterbalance that kinda stuff.

Edit: I removed some content that wasn’t really relevant

in WvW

Posted by: Lasica.5068

Lasica.5068

In the ET/IoJ/SoS matchup, the entire ET server logged on straight after the reset and hit the orb camps and keeps and have held those ever since. It happened within 5mins of the reset while most people on the other servers were sitting around.

Why make sense, when it’s so much more fun to make nonsense?

in WvW

Shlamorel.8714

In the ET/IoJ/SoS matchup, the entire ET server logged on straight after the reset and hit the orb camps and keeps and have held those ever since. It happened within 5mins of the reset while most people on the other servers were sitting around.

Are you implying that this fast capturing makes it unfair? Or are you saying it makes that server smarter? Just wondering what you’re trying to imply.

in WvW

Posted by: hashinshin.9271

hashinshin.9271

Out of curiosity, when the two servers are being dominated by 1 server with all the orbs, do those two underdogs team up? That should offset the benefit of the orbs… And that’s the whole reason we have 1v1v1 instead of 1v1 maps… To counterbalance that kinda stuff.

Edit: I removed some content that wasn’t really relevant

So they’re there in case the other servers perfectly team up and 1v2…? Yeah that sounds like a good mechanic, one side gets to reap the spoils of getting to 1v2.

in WvW

Shlamorel.8714

No that’s not why they are there, but it allows for it.

What spoils come from 1v2ing, btw? I’d think two teams teaming up on one could help offset some of the problems the people being beaten are having. I may not be aware of something though.

If you check the forums you can see losing servers trying to set up alliances against more dominant servers. It’s just another aspect of strategizing. Just like many other components of pvp.

You don’t have to use that strategy obviously, just trying to offer a solution to overcoming the dominant server. Let me know if you think of any other ways to overcome their advantage

in WvW

Posted by: Lasica.5068

Lasica.5068

Are you implying that this fast capturing makes it unfair? Or are you saying it makes that server smarter? Just wondering what you’re trying to imply.

That the orbs are too easy to capture at the start of the game. If all 3 can end up in the hands on one server within 5mins of a reset that is an issue because that gives that server instant dominance.

Why make sense, when it’s so much more fun to make nonsense?