If WVW ques are a bug, dont fix it.

in WvW

Posted by: me im not.9357

me im not.9357

Everywhere I look, I see people complaining about the ques for getting into WVW. Heck, I was one of them Friday night— it took me hours to get in while others were reporting que times of only 10-15 mins. While I certainly think that part still needs to be fixed (ques should be based on time in que, if people are getting into a map in less there is a problem), I’m also going to go against the grain and argue for keeping the population caps inside the WVW maps at their much lower current levels.

My argument is this:

1) A smaller player cap on each of the WVW maps allows almost all servers to fully man all 4 WVW maps at once.

2) It makes the clock count that much more. Now you know that your efforts will really matter in the over all score—- and that your wins during the day wont be lost because your server doesnt have as strong of a night population (for example).

3) It will give players a reason to transfer to lower population servers. Until now— winning in WVW meant server stacking. The higher player population your server had— the more likely you could man all 4 maps at once and thus win. Now that fewer people are on the board though— it will also mean longer ques with less of a reward system for stacking since your opponents—- even with a smaller population- will have an easier time also manning those off hours. Overpopulated servers will just have a harder time getting their premades into wvw— while underpopulated servers will have an easier time of doing so. This should encourage an eventual leveling off of server populations and balance.

As evidence of my argument I would hold this weeks scores as some early evidence. Scores are tighter than they’ve been in a long time. I know in Tier 1, every moment in WVW feels epic.

(edited by me im not.9357)

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Completely disagree with your post. The fun of WvW is in having a lot of people on the map. I hate running from one side of the map to the other without seeing anyone.

You mention having coverage on all 4 maps… Instead of reducing the player cap, they should add outmanned buffs. Right now it is xp/karma/etc. Instead, give the outnumbered players power/prec/vit/toughness buffs. The amount of the buff would be based on how outnumbered they are.

As for long queues, those will change over time. Right now, a lot of bandwagoners jumped to higher tier servers. At some point, people on those high tier servers will get tired of the queues and go to the lower populated ones

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

This is war, not some small scale field fighting… We need armies, not groups… We want 300 soldiers (SPAAARTAAA) on the map, not 50.

That’s all i have to say.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Jado Cast.1805

Jado Cast.1805

I would have no problem if they added smaller Maps to WvW later that field lower pops so people can do smaller scale fights but the Big Maps should be all out large scale war, that’s the point of WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Omne.4603

Omne.4603

I would have no problem if they added smaller Maps to WvW later that field lower pops so people can do smaller scale fights but the Big Maps should be all out large scale war, that’s the point of WvW.

This is actually a brilliant idea. Example if all 4 maps have queues, then potentially smaller 40 man maps could open up that only have towers etc.

I Cant Stop/ Ocularis
NSP | Os Guild Master
www.osguild.org | www.youtube.com/osthink

in WvW

Posted by: me im not.9357

me im not.9357

I love huge scale fights— but I dont love servers winning simply because they can outnumber another server 3 to 1.

So Id suggest they come up with a formula that allows as many people to play as possible— but low enough that most servers can field regularly.

So I guess they would have to figure out the average number of players each server has logged/qued into wvw at any given time during a 24 hr period during a week, then average that out by the number of servers to come up with a good fair number. If they just picked one at random and its too small— it needs to go up. If thats what they did—- then leave it be. Im really starting to believe that is what they have done too— as lower pop servers aren’t having issues… its mostly present on higher pop servers—- with those that over recruiting during free transfers experiencing the biggest hit.

If so— maybe the answer is letting some migration to occur, followed by server mergers.

Outmanned buffs would be nice, as someone suggest above—- but I have yet to see where the buffs really make that big of a difference in most pvp in an mmo. Even if you hit harder— being outmanned still means you cant cover the map the same as more feet on the ground could.

In any case— I respect all of you who dont agree with me. Everyone is different. I enjoy even matches and having to out play your opponent, and I completely understand that WVW is more Zerg mind driven— and that others prefer it that way.
—————————
“This is actually a brilliant idea. Example if all 4 maps have queues, then potentially smaller 40 man maps could open up that only have towers etc.”

Sort of related… Id like to see the wvw JP expanded and turned into 160 man 3 way brawl overflow zone for those waiting to get into wvw.

(edited by me im not.9357)

in WvW

Posted by: Ruprect.7260

Ruprect.7260

Sort of related… Id like to see the wvw JP expanded and turned into 160 man 3 way brawl overflow zone for those waiting to get into wvw.

This would be an awsome idea!!

Ruprect – [DIS] Dissentient
Mesmer/Elementalist/Guardian/Necromancer/Warrior
[TC] Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

I agree with the idea of having a few more WvW maps with some different sized population caps. I would say 3 levels, EB being the highest, whatever the max is they find it can handle without serious lag issues (150 per side is not something we’ve been close to yet imo), borderlands having a cap around what it has been before whatever the bug is people seem to experiencing lately (previous estimates put this cap around 80 team members per side) and a third set of new maps with smaller sized objectives (colonies or islands?!) that are capped around 40 players per side.

Give people a choice and they can get the kind of play they want from it and if lag is a problem for their machine in certain circumstances they have to option to avoid the larger scale battles while still giving those who enjoy them the place to do so. I’d also like to see the WvW population spread out a bit across the servers so while I find the queue bugs annoying, don’t exactly want them fixed without more information on what is going on and why.

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

This is a really dumb idea. A great way to kill any game is to make sure that the people who really want to play it are unable to do so.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: blurps.2340

blurps.2340

The queue bug doesn’t seem to affect all three servers in a match equally, so no matter how you stand on small or large scale fights it’ll have to be fixed.

in WvW

Posted by: Ruprect.7260

Ruprect.7260

The queue bug doesn’t seem to affect all three servers in a match equally, so no matter how you stand on small or large scale fights it’ll have to be fixed.

This^^^is defenitely the case.

Ruprect – [DIS] Dissentient
Mesmer/Elementalist/Guardian/Necromancer/Warrior
[TC] Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

I observed the the same thing in our BG/TC/FA match Friday night. The huge zerg guilds couldn’t get their members in, so there was much more small group skirmishing than there usually is on reset night.

It really renewed my faith in the game, though I shudder to think how it will be when queues are “fixed”.

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.

in WvW

Posted by: ComeAndSee.1356

ComeAndSee.1356

If a guild is able to get say 40 (out of 50 allowed on map with bug or change) of their members in on one particular map than they have a massive advantage over a half and half right now.

It’s getting impossible to fight other guilds when you don’t have equal numbers coordinated on VOIP.

Sha Nari – 80 Guardian (http://bit.ly/12RNvtK)
Lorella Windrunner – 80 Thief
Shayera Nightfall – 80 Mesmer

(edited by ComeAndSee.1356)

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

I observed the the same thing in our BG/TC/FA match Friday night. The huge zerg guilds couldn’t get their members in, so there was much more small group skirmishing than there usually is on reset night.

It really renewed my faith in the game, though I shudder to think how it will be when queues are “fixed”.

How has it not occurred to you that if you want mostly small group action that you might want to be on a low population server instead of the high population one you are on? Those players who prefer mass battles shouldn’t have to endure continual frustration with a busted queue system so that those of us who prefer small team tactics can have our fun.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

I que’d up 10 minutes before a friend, both trying to get into TC BL. 2 hours later he got in. At the 3 hour mark I gave up. First Friday night reset I’ve missed in nearly 3 months.

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

in WvW

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

I understand the need for queues. I DO NOT understand the zero feedback you get. Can you queue for more than one thing? How long will you be in the queue? How many people are in front of you? Answering even one of these would greatly improve the situation. I run in a guild of just 5 or 6 people, and even queuing all at the same time is no guarantee that we all get in within the same HOUR.

Frankly, when you’ve got two hours to play most nights, this completely ruins my play time. I’d like to do WvW, but if I could be in the queue for 90 minutes of that, then what’s the point? So I queue up, and try to find something to do in the meantime. Do I start a FoTM or dungeon run, knowing that I might have to bail at any point to do what I actually want to do?

I’m playing the game because I like WvW, and that’s it. If Anet can’t either give me a way to reasonably know when I can get in or provide some other mechanism to participate, then I’m done.

I’m not going to waste my time waiting for a queue to pop when some magic RNG in the sky decides I’ve pulled the lucky number to get in.

Give us the number of people in the queue before us in the map and the ability to queue a group for the soonest available map.

I’m very frustrated, and I haven’t used profanity. So go me.

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Completely disagree with your post. The fun of WvW is in having a lot of people on the map. I hate running from one side of the map to the other without seeing anyone.

You mention having coverage on all 4 maps… Instead of reducing the player cap, they should add outmanned buffs. Right now it is xp/karma/etc. Instead, give the outnumbered players power/prec/vit/toughness buffs. The amount of the buff would be based on how outnumbered they are.

Too true I play WvW for the large scale pvp but the challenge foremost against equal big amount of players even with all the culling issues.
I don’t understand the outmanned buff, it’s a big target each players back and on the towers, what is it supposed to be? To attract pve’ers to get to play even outmanned?

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Posted by: Roda.7468

Roda.7468

BLAH BLAH COMPLAINING ABOUT LOGGING ON TO SUPPORT THIS POST. FORUMS STOP EATING MY WORDS.

Seriously though, don’t touch my massive battles. Epic SM lord room 3ways are like candy to me. If you’re into small-scale battles, but semi-persistent effects, maybe they can do something with the orbs and put them in a smaller battleground-like map?

(edited by Roda.7468)