In regards to a post by Mike Ferguson

in WvW

Posted by: Steapa.3297

Steapa.3297

% of classes that on average play WvW

List top players re kills / to death ratio

I would love to show the percentage of particular classes that play in WvW at some point, but it isn’t part of our current plans.

Kill/Deaths ratio is something we would like to avoid having. We don’t want people changing the way they play because they would rather protect their KDR instead of helping their allies in the game. We want people playing and fighting, not worrying about deaths impacting their stats.

2 days ago

I can’t help but think that this is a developer trying to nicely state they don’t want to show stats because it may show just how badly classes are imbalanced both statistically and by %. This is also culimated by ANET not delivering on any promises of change.

The reason I posted this is in the hope that perhaps a developer may come across it and see that there is a community with a genuine interest in this game but are discouraged by poor development and implimentation of actual game mechanics. The ANET team has done well as far keeping the game lively with seasonal events, what they have done poorly on is actually addressing core gameplay issues. (Rendering issues, class balance / imbalance, WvW)

And so while I can appreciate the above post, it offers nothing constructive to me as an experienced player. Why post about ‘not wanting to change the way people play’ when you pigeon hole them into certain class archetypes, dagger dagger elementalist, dagger dagger thieves, the readers know the drill.

I guess what i’m saying is I, as a contributer to ANET and a player of this game, would rather see constructive posts about what your planning on doing based on your own experience in the game and the general consensus of the community rather than you telling me what your not willing to share. And if your not willing to do this, simply don’t post at all.

Despite the relatively negative feedback, I appreciate you taking the time to read my post.

in WvW

Posted by: Zid.4196

Zid.4196

Here’s the stats:

Most played class: Thief

K/D ratio: Mike is right, WvW is not about K/D

in WvW

Posted by: EnRohbi.2187

EnRohbi.2187

Indeed.
I do agree with him on the K/D ratio point.

No one likes to have a permanent, non-resettable record of how many times they’ve failed in battle.

Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: wolfie.7296

wolfie.7296

that’s why they don’t put duels in.

in WvW

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

That’s a big shot in the wild…

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

in WvW

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

Part of the problem in WvW is that PvE deaths count towards death total. At least currently.

in WvW

Posted by: wolfie.7296

wolfie.7296

not really. they are easy mechanics. pvp on or off between 2 players, like in wow. you can present an argumunt for them to not be in the game…

in WvW

Posted by: The Blue Ace.2850

The Blue Ace.2850

You don’t need statics to tell how imbalanced classes are atm, just look at the amount of players after greatsword legendarys atm. e.g. Mesmers, Guardians, warriors.

in WvW

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

not really. they are easy mechanics. pvp on or off between 2 players, like in wow. you can present an argumunt for them to not be in the game…

For the sake of the topic i will end my offtopic just saying that i don’t know why they didn’t put the Duels feature already. But you don’t know it either. Any kind of assumptions in this regard are simply shots in the wild.

Now in topic i agree that a K/D ratio would surely be bad for the WvW environment. Although any kind of rankings would be good for the WvW. Why do people would want to participate in the WvW? The “honor” of the server won’t do it anymore. People needs individual/guild forms of competition to stay tuned!

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

in WvW

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

Why do you want a K/D meter?

1v1 is not supposed to be balanced, and certainly does not need to be.

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

in WvW

Posted by: Ashanae.9362

Ashanae.9362

MMOs are supposed to be balanced around teamplay not 1v1 duels.

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Kill/death ratios isn’t what WvW is about. Who holds what location and how the servers are doing are the important things and so that’s what needs to be measured. I find other metrics and achievements usually distract people. If there was an achievement for jumping 1000 times by the waypoints, you know where half the people on the map would be.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Steapa.3297

Steapa.3297

Before some of you get to far off topic. I would like to remind you all that this is supposed to be a constructive post. Based on the obvious flaws presented in game, and the lack of acknowledgement of such flaws by ANET.

It would be nice to have the development team come out with a state of the game address where they stated there design intent. They could open a forum stating what there design intent for what each class is and then mold it from there. Thieves for example. Their spike damage still has not been addressed (this can be said for greatsword classes as well) and furthermore I think we in the community are not really addressing the real issue. We can sit here and have an argument about single abilities and their damage or we can choose to try and take a broader look at each class as a whole.

Since I am on the topic of thieves, I will choose to stay on point. As it stands they are the only class that can run into groups of enemies and down / slay multiple adversaries and simply get away. They can abuse in game rendering issues, which really aren’t the problem, the problem is the stealth mechanic itself. Have we not learned from so many other games how allowing constant stealth is not problematic? Combine this with the natural speed enhancing abilities, you have a class that can move faster than most other class builds, use it’s utility to evade any type of counter and have incredible dps. It doesn’t take the community long to see the clear advantages of this and thus the huge % of thieves. Not to pick on thieves alone, other classes certainly have structural issues as well. Just an example of how we should be looking at a broader scope of things.

The other problem we really have here is that we have two seperate, very dynamic systems of pvp. Both of them are currently out of whack. It is important to mention however because the dynamics of a world v world environment are different than those of a large scale fighting environment. This is something to be acknowledged but not used as an excuse of imbalance. When you look at a class you really need to ask yourself what is its role. I think that is where they haven’t neccessarily figured out where they wish to be. Currently they have found themselves in the same mess as so many other MMORPG’s – your caster / stealth classes are running around in mobs outshining everything else. (to put it simply and bluntly)

I see only a couple different options available, and this is my opinion which I have many years of pvp experience in multiple environments. You can take utility away from the support classes or beef up your frontline classes to be survivable enough to match the utility provided in the others.

Whatever your opinion, as I have stated mine in very general – generic terms at the bottom, the point stands that this game needs to be looked at from a broader perspective rather than making minor gripes.

Again, thank you for reading.

in WvW

Posted by: Stiv.1820

Stiv.1820

No K/D ratio and no showing names is all the same stuff. They don’t want people to feel bad about people knowing their name when they get killed and they don’t want them to feel bad looking at a low K/D ratio so they just don’t allow it at all.

I don’t understand why they can’t just make it all optional. Option to show name in WvW and option for stat tracking in WvW. Why is a stat that would cause a player to change their game-play be deemed bad if it’s something the player is enjoying?

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

MMOs are supposed to be balanced around team play not 1v1 duels.

It staggers me that so many players are incapable of understanding this. It’s even more astounding to me that players complain they can’t get good 5v5 battles in WvW when sPvP and arenas are available and were specifically designed for such play styles.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Gab Superstar.4059

Since I am on the topic of thieves, I will choose to stay on point. As it stands they are the only class that can run into groups of enemies and down / slay multiple adversaries and simply get away. They can abuse in game rendering issues, which really aren’t the problem, the problem is the stealth mechanic itself. Have we not learned from so many other games how allowing constant stealth is not problematic? Combine this with the natural speed enhancing abilities, you have a class that can move faster than most other class builds, use it’s utility to evade any type of counter and have incredible dps. It doesn’t take the community long to see the clear advantages of this and thus the huge % of thieves. Not to pick on thieves alone, other classes certainly have structural issues as well. Just an example of how we should be looking at a broader scope of things.

1.) No, thieves can NOT go into a group and kill a lot of people and still get away with it, unless that group consists of underleveled newbs with no skill what-so-ever. And so what if you can down someone? If you are that glassy chances are you can’t stomp the target unless you use shadowstep to stomp him. Even if you managed to do so, you will have wasted all your cool downs, and for what? The person will be revived seconds later by his team.

2.) Stealth is NOT broken. Yes, it’s a unique trait that can be considered really annoying. But I would leave it at that. What could a thief possibly accomplish without stealth? In GW1 assassins worked somewhat well in PvP because you could actually kill people with your DPS rotation. In GW2 they will only assume a downed state, giving allies ample time to resurrect or kill the thief.

3.) Mesmers are even worse offenders of the culling system, and I see no one complain about them. Yes, thieves and culling is a problem, but that does not justify crying for a nerf, when I see no one at all crying for mesmers to be nerfed.

4.) Many classes have speed-enhancing abilities. I would argue however, that the thief skill is by far the one with the best on-use effect. Seriously, if you ever want to stomp a ranger / necro / warrior / engineer on a thief without dying, you are gonna have to pop the blind to prevent an interrupt. While this is nice to have, you must also understand that it takes away your speed boost. You are essentially sacrificing your chance to get away smoothly to make sure you get a stomp off. Trade offs like these are important aspects of any PvP game play.

5.) I am sorry to say this, but thieves are really the king of 1v1. I am not sorry because that’s so, but because everyone who QQ’s about them on forums seem to think that any class in the game should be able to beat them. It is clear however, if you understand the game, that this is not how it’s supposed to be. Read this;

“… They utilize surprise and shadow to get close to their enemies, and they’re deadly in one-on-one combat. …”

You might recognize it. It’s from the description of thieves in the character creation screen. Thus, if you wanted a strong 1v1 profession, you should really have created a thief, not something else. GW2 lacks a lot of things, but the uniqueness of professions is something they actually managed to do pretty well. In WvWvW, every class has their own way of accomplishing things, and different things to accomplish. This allows for a much more vivid PvP game play, and prevents many FotM builds from happening.

TLDR; Stop complaining about thieves.

Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

in WvW

Posted by: ExZee.8109

ExZee.8109

blah blah blah blah

1. NO, thieves CAN go into a group of people, kill a lot of people, and get away with it. A significant portion of WvWers ARE “underleveled newbs with no skill what-so-ever” and for every other profession to do the same, it requires a lot of heavy investment in defensive stats that make them impossible to do any significant DPS for the time that they’re given because they don’t have stealth abilities. This is why the second most OP profession is the mesmer, which just happens to have the second most stealth capabilities. And the logic that you need shadowstep to stomp shows how much of a newb you are too.

2. Stealth is broken. You can deny it all you want, but if you haven’t noticed it’s gotten to the point anet made its own thread about thief gameplay. While you can’t think beyond “oh no I don’t have my stealth what ever shall I do? I must stop people from trying to change things!”, others are trying to discuss ways to either balance or change the thief so that it’s actually fun for the majority of users playing against thieves and not just the thieves themselves. And DPS rotation isn’t what kills players, it’s the strategic use of said DPS rotation, which atm thieves don’t even have to worry about because of culling.

3. You obviously haven’t been around long. And no, thieves are the worst because while only a few mesmers abuse it, ALL thieves abuse it, regardless of whether it was intentional or not.

4. Why is speed of any importance in getting away for a profession that has all the abilities it needs to simply go invisible? And all you’re doing is getting one example of a general gameplay and using it as the be all end all argument. I can equally argue most thieves don’t pop blind, they just go in stealth or use quickness.

5. I’m sorry, but there’s a problem when thieves are the “king of 1v1”. Every profession should be able to beat a thief, because the core issue of any 1v1 should be the player’s skill, not the profession’s unique abilities. The problem of QQing is when a player thinks HE should be able to beat every thief, NOT when a legitimate problem is presented with emotion. And ROFLMAO at character description. Here’s one for you:

“Rangers are proficient with the bow. They rely on a keen eye, a steady hand, and the power of nature to slay their targets. Their loyal pets, which rangers tame and train, distract enemies while the rangers strike safely from a distance.”

Oh yeah, I see that ranger over there but I’m too distracted trying to pet this pet to death.

TL;DR Quoted guy has absolutely no valid points, read next comment.

in WvW

ExZee.8109

It staggers me that so many players are incapable of understanding this. It’s even more astounding to me that players complain they can’t get good 5v5 battles in WvW when sPvP and arenas are available and were specifically designed for such play styles.

And it staggers me that you can’t come across the idea WvW was never designed for any specific playstyle, and as such people complaining about not getting good 5v5 battles is just as justified as people complaining about not getting good 40v40 zerg battles.

And the preconception that classes aren’t supposed to be balanced in 1v1 as well as team play is even more staggering.

in WvW

ExZee.8109

The other problem we really have here is that we have two seperate, very dynamic systems of pvp. Both of them are currently out of whack.

This is why I think any significant fixes for class balances will be largely delayed. They’re simply not going to release fixes because WvW has a problem. Or because sPvP has a problem. They have to play politics between the modes and try to somehow make both your parents and your sibling happy before actually doing anything about it. I still don’t get if they want to make two unrelated, independent forms of PvP or if they’re two different toppings for the same cake. The glory system and the badge system sure seems to point to the former, but again, I get the feeling they’re not willing to make the same distinctions for the professions.

in WvW

Gab Superstar.4059

1. NO, thieves CAN go into a group of people, kill a lot of people, and get away with it. A significant portion of WvWers ARE “underleveled newbs with no skill what-so-ever” and for every other profession to do the same, it requires a lot of heavy investment in defensive stats that make them impossible to do any significant DPS for the time that they’re given because they don’t have stealth abilities. This is why the second most OP profession is the mesmer, which just happens to have the second most stealth capabilities. And the logic that you need shadowstep to stomp shows how much of a newb you are too.

I implore you, go into a zerg of 80’s and kill a bunch of people before escaping safely. Why don’t you record it and show the world too. That’s right, you can’t, because you are all just bullkitten. Oh, and include a minor essay telling me what kind of damage you did to the enemy team when whoever you killed is just instantly revived.

2. Stealth is broken. You can deny it all you want, but if you haven’t noticed it’s gotten to the point anet made its own thread about thief gameplay. While you can’t think beyond “oh no I don’t have my stealth what ever shall I do? I must stop people from trying to change things!”, others are trying to discuss ways to either balance or change the thief so that it’s actually fun for the majority of users playing against thieves and not just the thieves themselves. And DPS rotation isn’t what kills players, it’s the strategic use of said DPS rotation, which atm thieves don’t even have to worry about because of culling.

Ehm okay. I don’t see you telling me WHY exactly stealth as a mechanic is broken, and until you do, you don’t have any argument at all.

3. You obviously haven’t been around long. And no, thieves are the worst because while only a few mesmers abuse it, ALL thieves abuse it, regardless of whether it was intentional or not.

So a majority of mesmers are not using clones? What? And thanks for the personal insult. You have every right to insult me, but I also have the right to not give a kitten about your insults, so there you go.

4. Why is speed of any importance in getting away for a profession that has all the abilities it needs to simply go invisible? And all you’re doing is getting one example of a general gameplay and using it as the be all end all argument. I can equally argue most thieves don’t pop blind, they just go in stealth or use quickness.

Are you talking about the 60CD SR, the 30CD heal or the 6 initiative CnD? Either way you are wrong, and you probably never played a thief.

5. I’m sorry, but there’s a problem when thieves are the “king of 1v1”. Every profession should be able to beat a thief, because the core issue of any 1v1 should be the player’s skill, not the profession’s unique abilities. The problem of QQing is when a player thinks HE should be able to beat every thief, NOT when a legitimate problem is presented with emotion. And ROFLMAO at character description. Here’s one for you:

Okay, I will petition Arena Net to give thieves portals, because I think it’s unfair only mesmers can use those. I also want the extreme mobility of D/D eles and while they are at it they can give me the health pool of a warrior and the boon upkeep from the guardian too. I mean, everyone is supposed to be equal right?

“Rangers are proficient with the bow. They rely on a keen eye, a steady hand, and the power of nature to slay their targets. Their loyal pets, which rangers tame and train, distract enemies while the rangers strike safely from a distance.”

Oh yeah, I see that ranger over there but I’m too distracted trying to pet this pet to death.

TL;DR Quoted guy has absolutely no valid points, read next comment.

Maybe you are distracted from the pet immobilizing or crippling you, or maybe from his high DPS that forces you to focus on the pet instead?

Or maybe you are just a kitten who purposefully twists a text to fit your own illusions.

Lol.

Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

And it staggers me that you can’t come across the idea WvW was never designed for any specific playstyle, and as such people complaining about not getting good 5v5 battles is just as justified as people complaining about not getting good 40v40 zerg battles.

Try thinking before you type. Of course WvW was never designed for any specific play style, so why wouldn’t it occur to you that WvW might not offer the best opportunity for any specific play style … such as good 5v5 battles? Especially since arenas were designed specifically for that purpose.

And the preconception that classes aren’t supposed to be balanced in 1v1 as well as team play is even more staggering.

Now that truly is a clueless comment. There isn’t a single MMO in this world with multiple and highly disparate classes that has ever been balanced for both 1v1 and mass battles. It simply is not possible to reconcile all the possible scenarios and combinations of players without either drastically reducing the complexity of abilities for each class or making all classes much closer to being the same. If you don’t believe that you simply haven’t been paying attention.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

(edited by Cactus.2710)

in WvW

EnRohbi.2187

3.) Mesmers are even worse offenders of the culling system, and I see no one complain about them. Yes, thieves and culling is a problem, but that does not justify crying for a nerf, when I see no one at all crying for mesmers to be nerfed.

Are we on the same forums?
Mesmers get as much QQ to get nerfed as thieves do, except Anet actually nerfs the mesmers while leaving thieves mostly alone.

Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: Boomstin.3460

Boomstin.3460

Ehm okay. I don’t see you telling me WHY exactly stealth as a mechanic is broken, and until you do, you don’t have any argument at all.

I’m sure everything has been said already on the forums a million times. Those don’t really need to be repeated on this thread , you know very well what are the issues hes talking about.

All is vain.

in WvW

EnRohbi.2187

Are we on the same forums?
Mesmers get as much QQ to get nerfed as thieves do, except Anet actually nerfs the mesmers while leaving thieves mostly alone.

Welcome to the game. I’m guessing you are new here so just wanted to suggest you look back at the change logs. Then you won’t say things that do not make sense. All classes have seen nerfs and buffs in an effort to balance the classes.

Had game since launch and followed every single game update since.
You make nice assumptions though.

Thieves have not had anything truly drastic nerfed.
Mesmers don’t even play the same as they did at launch from so many nerfs

Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Not that I complain about lack of 5v5 battles, but there is a significant difference between what people are looking for in a WvW setting vs a sPvP setting, in regards to 5v5 battles.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: holska.4127

holska.4127

I can’t help but think that this is a developer trying to nicely state they don’t want to show stats because it may show just how badly classes are imbalanced both statistically and by %. This is also culimated by ANET not delivering on any promises of change.

Conspiracy theory much. So already prior to launch they decided not to implement that feature at all because they knew they were going to release an unbalanced game and wanted to make sure it would stay that way?
When you think about pvp it’s usually one of the features you consider if you want to implement it or not. They chose not to and provided the reason for it.
You may not like it but that doesn’t mean they’ve got bad intentions in regards to class balance or players finding them out (they can anyways, nothing prevents you from keeping stats yourself as a group of players).

The ANET team has done well as far keeping the game lively with seasonal events, what they have done poorly on is actually addressing core gameplay issues. (Rendering issues, class balance / imbalance, WvW)

They stated that’s what they’re focusing on for the jan / feb / march patches and also provided reasoning why they first focused on the events, though not in the post you quoted no, but it might be wortwhile using a search every now and again.
So at this stage your point is moot because you’re too late to the ball and it’s what they’re actually working on now. You might keep yourself stuck in the past if you’re so inclined but it might be better to focus on the (near) future instead.

And so while I can appreciate the above post, it offers nothing constructive to me as an experienced player. Why post about ‘not wanting to change the way people play’ when you pigeon hole them into certain class archetypes, dagger dagger elementalist, dagger dagger thieves, the readers know the drill.

I’m not pigeon holed, on ele I play exclusively staff, on engi I’m using a bunker spec that isn’t tankcat and still does decent enough damage to be effective. And those are my 2 main characters since the 1st BWE.

And if your not willing to do this, simply don’t post at all.

They did answer some of the questions though and others they stated they couldn’t comment on it. Again you might not like it but it’s still an answer which is better than silence imo.
Also you’re basing that whole judgement on 1 post in a thread with several more dev posts? Reeks of a single-issue campaign.

in WvW

Posted by: Berengar.6951

Berengar.6951

Dancing Dagger does 1/2 the damage it used to do

Heartseeker used to be stronger against high health opponents (good change in my opinion)

Engineer, Thief, Mesmer, Elementalist, Guardian,Warrior, Necro
[KoM] Krewe of Misfits
[IB]Inglorious Basterdz

in WvW

Gab Superstar.4059

I’m sure everything has been said already on the forums a million times. Those don’t really need to be repeated on this thread , you know very well what are the issues hes talking about.

Unless you are talking about the “OMG this thief can one hit me and still perma stealth while dealing tons of bleeding” QQ, then no, I don’t.

Enlighten me.

Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

in WvW

EnRohbi.2187

Dancing Dagger does 1/2 the damage it used to do

Heartseeker used to be stronger against high health opponents (good change in my opinion)

I’d like to clear up that I never intended to imply that thieves have been completely untouched. As has been said, every class has received some level of balance. Mesmers have received a lot of it though.

The point of my original response was “Mesmers get complained about on the forums all the time”, as that was the piece of a post I was responding to. It was neither me complaining about Mesmer nerfs nor me complaining about thieves needing more nerfs. Just a response to “no one complains about mesmers”.

Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: Adaneshade.2409

Adaneshade.2409

So wrong…..sPvP is about holding points, not deathmatches. The people complaining about a lack of 5v5 would not complain so much of a deathmatch mode were implemented in sPvP.

Of course, even with that, people from the DAoC might still prefer a roaming 5v5 style similar to what they had in the past to being lumped up in a cage. No way to use extending tactics there. I know I am one of that group.

~Shadowkat

in WvW

ExZee.8109

I implore you, go into a zerg of 80’s and kill a bunch of people before escaping safely. Why don’t you record it and show the world too. That’s right, you can’t, because you are all just bullkitten. Oh, and include a minor essay telling me what kind of damage you did to the enemy team when whoever you killed is just instantly revived.

ROFL. Another typical personal reaction. You are exactly the type of person to be out on the front whining about a profession when you realize it’s OP because I can do it and you can’t. But why bother making videos when Youtube is literally flooded with thief videos? Why don’t you go and look at a Wild Bill video or even Flimp’s latest one with a thief as his partner, then why don’t YOU write a “minor essay” whining about everything’s imbalanced because they can do things you can’t.

Clearly a L2R issue. 1. “it’s gotten to the point anet made its own thread about thief gameplay”. 2. “others are trying to discuss ways to either balance or change the thief so that it’s actually fun for the majority of users playing against thieves and not just the thieves themselves”. And the ultimate argument: http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/counter-play

So a majority of mesmers are not using clones? What? And thanks for the personal insult. You have every right to insult me, but I also have the right to not give a kitten about your insults, so there you go.

And I don’t give a kitten what you feel about anything, so there you go. And the majority of mesmer complaints is not clones, that’s your lack of skill whining about not knowing how to use ctrl + T. If you don’t even know what the problems are, I suggest you don’t go blabbering your mouth about it until you do your homework.

Are you talking about the 60CD SR, the 30CD heal or the 6 initiative CnD? Either way you are wrong, and you probably never played a thief.

Oh yeah, that SR with 15 second stealth, 30 CD heal with 3 second stealth, and 3 second CnD stealth. Without traits. I’m a mesmer who thinks 3 second decoy, 3 second Prestige, and 5 second mass invis is borderline OP. But let’s just continue arguing numbers and theorycrafting in a discussion where it has absolutely no ground to stand on.

Okay, I will petition Arena Net to give thieves portals, because I think it’s unfair only mesmers can use those. I also want the extreme mobility of D/D eles and while they are at it they can give me the health pool of a warrior and the boon upkeep from the guardian too. I mean, everyone is supposed to be equal right?

Go ahead. Keep making a fool out of yourself. Keeps me entertained.

Maybe you are distracted from the pet immobilizing or crippling you, or maybe from his high DPS that forces you to focus on the pet instead?

Or maybe you are just a kitten who purposefully twists a text to fit your own illusions.

Lol.

Learn to dodge. Err, I mean play.

Honestly, I feel silly now for trying to push logic into a teenager.

(edited by ExZee.8109)

in WvW

ExZee.8109

Try thinking before you type. Of course WvW was never designed for any specific play style, so why wouldn’t it occur to you that WvW might not offer the best opportunity for any specific play style … such as good 5v5 battles? Especially since arenas were designed specifically for that purpose.

Uhh… Yeah, why don’t YOU think before you type. That was basically my point, and you just supported it.

Now that truly is a clueless comment. There isn’t a single MMO in this world with multiple and highly disparate classes that has ever been balanced for both 1v1 and mass battles. It simply is not possible to reconcile all the possible scenarios and combinations of players without either drastically reducing the complexity of abilities for each class or making all classes much closer to being the same. If you don’t believe that you simply haven’t been paying attention.

True, assuming your definition of “balanced” is some unobtainable ideal where everything is in perfect equilibrium. False, because the balance I “believe” in is much more practical. And I don’t have to prove anything because either this game will eventually balance itself for both 1v1 and WvW (and sPvP and PvE and w/e), or it will lose its audience and people will find a better game to play.

in WvW

Gab Superstar.4059

ROFL. Another typical personal reaction. You are exactly the type of person to be out on the front whining about a profession when you realize it’s OP because I can do it and you can’t. But why bother making videos when Youtube is literally flooded with thief videos? Why don’t you go and look at a Wild Bill video or even Flimp’s latest one with a thief as his partner, then why don’t YOU write a “minor essay” whining about everything’s imbalanced because they can do things you can’t.

Looked at one of his videos. Couldn’t find anything that relates to this discussion. Mostly 1v2’s in remote locations and even the JP? What, exactly, is he bringing to his team, apart from a longer queue?

Clearly a L2R issue. 1. “it’s gotten to the point anet made its own thread about thief gameplay”.

Yes, Arena Net has made many threads regarding many things. So what? And even then, most of that talk is talk about thieves killing people who run around alone in WvWvW, aka completely irrelevant.

2. “others are trying to discuss ways to either balance or change the thief so that it’s actually fun for the majority of users playing against thieves and not just the thieves themselves”. And the ultimate argument: http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/counter-play

Whoever made that video sounds just like you. Like a whiny little kid that is.
I also haven’t seen a sniper in GW2. If you do please tell me cause that would be interesting.

And I don’t give a kitten what you feel about anything, so there you go. And the majority of mesmer complaints is not clones, that’s your lack of skill whining about not knowing how to use ctrl + T. If you don’t even know what the problems are, I suggest you don’t go blabbering your mouth about it until you do your homework.

The culling that affects clones, not clones themselves. And I’m done with my homework for tonight.

Oh yeah, that SR with 15 second stealth, 30 CD heal with 3 second stealth, and 3 second CnD stealth. Without traits. I’m a mesmer who thinks 3 second decoy, 3 second Prestige, and 5 second mass invis is borderline OP. But let’s just continue arguing numbers and theorycrafting in a discussion where it has absolutely no ground to stand on.

15 second stealth? Yeah, god forbid someone actually knocks the thief out of SR, or uses AoE in that cute little circle. It’s especially funny considering you are a mesmer yourself, lolz.

Go ahead. Keep making a fool out of yourself. Keeps me entertained.

Good thing you are entertained by something. I am sure getting owned by thieves all day can’t be entertaining in the slightest.

Learn to dodge. Err, I mean play.

I’m trying to wrap my head around this sentence but I just can’t.

Honestly, I feel silly now for trying to push logic into a teenager.

Yes, you should feel silly. But for completely different reasons lol.

Devonas Rest 4 lyfe