Increase supply delivery vs other achivements

in WvW

Posted by: salluks.6017

salluks.6017

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/march-2013/

I think the increase supply capacity option will far outweigh the other achievements
seriously who will take more canon use over supply capacity?

As ususal i dont think Anet haven’t thought this thru, These don’t even look like actual achievements, more like something they came up on a tea break.

I really really hope this wont be a disappointment

they could have added something actually useful like:

1. less siege cost,
2. less upgrade cost
3. dolly running faster
4. let the dolly carry more supply
5. better Banner ads for guilds on claimed towers

(edited by salluks.6017)

in WvW

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

I think i’ll go for +damage to guards / – damage from guards and only after that i’ll take supply capacity …

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

in WvW

salluks.6017

I think i’ll go for +damage to guards / – damage from guards and only after that i’ll take supply capacity …

am fairly sure, the +/- damage from guards will be more like saving 5-10 seconds more than the normal time it would take, hardly worth considering, same goes for seige as well.

in WvW

Posted by: playandchill.3908

playandchill.3908

I ll go full canon to one shoot glass thieves roaming around Sm

[LANI] Multi glad pewpew

QUIT- RETIRED

in WvW

salluks.6017

They say better use for canon, not more damage.. am guessing it will be like u wont take AOE damage while using canon for 1 minute or so.

but u will require to have canon in the first place to even use it, compared to supply capacity, which is pretty OP in my opinion.

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

i’ll for sure go for lesser damage from siege first…. and then i’ll see what else is useful…

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

am fairly sure, the +/- damage from guards will be more like saving 5-10 seconds more than the normal time it would take, hardly worth considering, same goes for seige as well.

They say better use for canon, not more damage.. am guessing it will be like u wont take AOE damage while using canon for 1 minute or so.

but u will require to have canon in the first place to even use it, compared to supply capacity, which is pretty OP in my opinion.

You seem to be making definitive statements not based on empirical evidence.

[AoN] All or Nothing

in WvW

Posted by: KnattyDreads.1856

KnattyDreads.1856

Supply Capacity first followed by Siege Bunker

-Emhry Bay-
Call of Fate [CoF]

in WvW

Posted by: KratosAngel.7289

KratosAngel.7289

Improving damage dealt by siege weapons is very nice too, as well as reducing incoming damage from siege weapons. These 3 (with more supply) are awesome improvements.

in WvW

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

Supply Capacity is far more costly than any of the other categories if you look at the picture just one bit in Supply Capacity is 20 points while the others are all 5 or so. So they do understand the value of more supply and therefor made it hardest to progress in. So you’d have to figure out what’s more of an advantage only a couple more supplies over a long period of time or putting in some points in other areas to help against siege defense/damage or against guards etc.

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

in WvW

Posted by: JaironKalach.4938

JaironKalach.4938

Supply Capacity is far more costly than any of the other categories if you look at the picture just one bit in Supply Capacity is 20 points while the others are all 5 or so. So they do understand the value of more supply and therefor made it hardest to progress in. So you’d have to figure out what’s more of an advantage only a couple more supplies over a long period of time or putting in some points in other areas to help against siege defense/damage or against guards etc.

Trying to figure this one out, myself…. Do I go for something with immediate impact or wait and get the bigger bang for my buck? Do I spec for siege defense (increased siege damage), siege offense (increased siege damage) or personal offense (increased siege defense)

Cannons are the first thing to die in a siege, no bother to spec into those.
“Better balista…” Not sure the value…
And the 3 NPC ones would be fine if I ran solo and did yaks/camps. I don’t.

I play on Maguuma
Uru Kalach (80-War)/Kalthin Leafletter (80-Rgr)/Kalfun Gai (72-Guardian)
Leader – An Unexpected Kinship (AUK)

in WvW

Posted by: IDarko.4709

IDarko.4709

Supply is a must-have, the other ones can be picked based on playstyle. For my skirmisher thief i’ll go with less and more damage vs guards and supply first but on my tanky CC warrior that runs in organised groups, i want less damage from siege and the extra supply.

I’m not sure what i would take after that but we’ll see.

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]
Gandara – WvW Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Wow, 8 whole abilities, they really out did themselves in the creativity department, glad that took over 6 months to come up with.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: JaironKalach.4938

JaironKalach.4938

The other question is how long does it actually take to get those 20 points…? I know that a lot of folks are disappointed by content. To a smaller extent I am as well. On the other hand I keep thinking about the amount of balancing they would have had to do. First of selecting a set of skills that didn’t automatically end up OP. Then finding a reasonable power curve for each skill. Then play-testing. Then throwing or seriously reworking 75% of the skills. Then standardizing the point values (does 2 points in X give me as much overall advantage as 2 points in Y?). Then starting in on the experience curve…. That’s a lot of code to write and to rewrite.

I play on Maguuma
Uru Kalach (80-War)/Kalthin Leafletter (80-Rgr)/Kalfun Gai (72-Guardian)
Leader – An Unexpected Kinship (AUK)

in WvW

salluks.6017

They did say over and over again that this will not give a statistical advantage to the players which means and damage reduce will be negligible. however if i am proven wrong and the patch does turn out be “good”, then i will be more than happy to be wrong.

in WvW

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

What happens when everybody has maxed out supply holding. Will you then need to capture and drain TWO supply camps (as a large group)?

I can see the advantage during a siege but that is something the commanders will have to adjust for.

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

in WvW

Xirin.8593

this will not give a statistical advantage to the players

damage reduce will be negligible.

Almost zero is not zero; your statement is self-contradictory.

My point was that you are making assumptions of the mechanics/values of these new abilities and passing them off as fact (as evidenced in your argumentative responses to Daendur.2357 and playandchill.3908).

[AoN] All or Nothing

in WvW

Posted by: Ruprect.7260

Ruprect.7260

My guess is you will be able to add 1 supply per level, if you look at the picture it looks like there are 5 levels to it, so it is like having the guild buff. I don’t think it will be a big deal as we usually have a camp or 2 with this buff anyway.

Edit: Unless it stacks and allows you to carry 20, that would be huge.

Ruprect – [DIS] Dissentient
Mesmer/Elementalist/Guardian/Necromancer/Warrior
[TC] Tarnished Coast

(edited by Ruprect.7260)

in WvW

Posted by: aathomas.4638

aathomas.4638

As a player from a small roaming group who tries to distract and take on ~2x our number while our zerg is capping nearby, I will be going in order of:

-Siege Bunker – Hard to fight in EB without being in range of siege

-Mercenary’s Bane – When fighting larger numbers in supply camps, the Hyleks and Dredge cause more problems to us then the players

-Defense against Guards – Similar to mercenaries but I really wish they changed this to reduced CC from guards, its annoying that the guards cripple, blind, poison, stun, immobilize, and pull, better and more offten then most groups of players.

But overall my group is really happy with the potential to not have to worry about the PVE elements of WvW as much, very curious how much damage reduction from siege there will be.

Grumpy Jugo
[AZRG]
Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Wow, 8 whole abilities, they really out did themselves in the creativity department, glad that took over 6 months to come up with.

The framework is in place now though. That is what took time. They said said before they wanted to start small and see how it goes before adding in more abilities. Also there may be other upgrades in those other tabs, hard to say for certain.

Also at 20 points per rank I think it is going to take a long time to upgrade your supply carrying. You will almost certainly be better off upgrading the siege lines in the mean time.

I may not even bother with the supply line. It is valuable for small groups, but for groups larger then 15 the limiting factor is the rate supply camps get supply, not the amount you can carry. If I can significantly increase my damage with certain weapons, or get in extra hits before having to roll away, that will be more valuable in most situations.

in WvW

Posted by: Slomo.1029

Slomo.1029

My guess is you will be able to add 1 supply per level, if you look at the picture it looks like there are 5 levels to it, so it is like having the guild buff. I don’t think it will be a big deal as we usually have a camp or 2 with this buff anyway.

That would be pretty stupid because you cant even repair a gate or wall with 1 supply (it tells you you havent enough supply) unless Anet fixes this issue. But judging by the past they wont fix it and work around it. And that will (imo) will lead to +2 supply per lvl.

~ Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Etherien.1436

Etherien.1436

They put in the post that you can eventually unlock everything, so it’s not a case of what should I get and what to avoid getting, it’s going to be how you want to progress. Like I prefer cannons to ballistae, so I’ll be getting cannons up faster then that.

It looks to me like you get one of these points per world rank. If you look at the photo they’ve shown, it looks like the first 3 options (Guard Killer, Defence Against Guards and Mercenary’s Bane) all cost the same to update. It looks like for those 3, it costs 1 point for the first rank, 2 for the second, 3 for the third and so on. It seems to show that they’ve spent 3 point in guard killer, 1 in defence against guards and 10 points in mercenary’s bane. 14 points in total for these 3. A total guess here, but the siege bunker build could start at 2 points, then 4, then 6 and so on, which would mean they’ve spent 6 points into it in total from the picture, so 20 points in total. They’re rank 27 and have 6 points spare, which to me looks like 1 point per rank, starting at rank 1 with 0 points.

This is just an educated guess, but that’s how I think that works We’ll see if I’m right when the update hits

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

That would be pretty stupid because you cant even repair a gate or wall with 1 supply (it tells you you havent enough supply) unless Anet fixes this issue. But judging by the past they wont fix it and work around it. And that will (imo) will lead to +2 supply per lvl.

You can build siege though with that additional supply. Plus if you have +5 supply from WvW bonus and +5 supply from a guild upgrade you can carry 20. I think its +1 per level.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Terra Dactyl.2047

Terra Dactyl.2047

Welcome to the internet. You must be new here.

in WvW

Xirin.8593

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm

[AoN] All or Nothing

in WvW

Posted by: jamesigall.5938

jamesigall.5938

So I was taking a look at the picture, and i thought it was strange that the abilities which improve you on specific siege (i.e. the cannon and ballista ones) are limited to just those two. Is it possible that as you rank up, more abilities become available for point spending? Like, at rank 1 you can only put a point into the first two sets of abilities, and as you rank up more are available? It just seems strange that they wouldn’t include a +effectiveness on catapults, arrow carts, trebs, rams, mortars, even oil, and just focus on cannons and ballistas. And if this is the case, maybe there are other passives you can unlock at higher ranks that we can’t see yet.

Just a thought.

80 DPS War / 80 DPS Ranger / 80 Support Guard
Blacktalon
Army of Devona [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

I think the idea with it being soulbound and alts is that you can invest points in offensive abilities when you are on an offensive orientated character and you can invest points in defensive abilities if you are a defensive character and slowly build up your characters that way, I don’t think the abilities are so vital that you weaken yourself in any significant way if you do not get them all on one character right away.

I get the impression that the various categories give a tiny advantage but not in a game breaking overpowered sense it would require a lot of work to get one character completely leveled up with wxp but I do not think it’s really ‘needed’ either. With so many people placing points in various things it will all largely balance itself out when within a group.

I think it also depends a lot on what you do in WvW, do you mostly zerg or skirmish etc. if you are with a coordinated guild you could even better define roles within your group.

Sure 5 extra supply is very useful and saves you having to run to a camp as often but it isn’t very often that you run out of supplies in big zergs if the commander knows what they’re doing and knows when to resupply/build seige and knows when to send some people to quickly grab some supplies while the rest holds the position etc.

If anything it’s smaller groups that would benefit from it most. If everyone in a small group had the extra 5 supplies it would be as if there was an extra person there carrying supply allowing them to build better/more siege without having to leave their defensive position and thus can accomplish more with less numbers.

Still overall I think none of the progression things being added appear to be super vital to success nor are they useless I feel they struck the right balance with it and if anything adds a little more depth to WvW for the hardcore players. At least, I guess we’ll find out the details after patch.

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

(edited by Fay.2735)

in WvW

Posted by: Terra Dactyl.2047

Terra Dactyl.2047

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sentence_%28linguistics%29

in WvW

Posted by: misterdevious.6482

misterdevious.6482

Selfish WXP vs Selfless WXP

Let’s say King Cannon maximizes his Cannon usage. People learn just how powerful he is when he’s manning the cannon so they let him use it during the big fight. He already wracked up massive piles of loot bags, but with his extra training, he’s getting super rich and getting tons of WXP.

Let’s say Captain Hammer spends a lot of time running supply, repairing walls, setting up siege, and maintaining it. He could really use extra supply capacity… but it is the most expensive to learn, and he earns the least WXP because he is missing out on tons of fights and captures while doing the vital work that needs to be done. It will take him forever to get it.

King Cannon earned so much WXP that he develops supply capacity faster than Captain Hammer, but King Cannon can never be bothered to repair walls.

Will there be any WXP for repairing walls or doing other important non-combat work that needs to be done? Will tons of people specialize in cannon use and then fight over who gets to use the one functioning cannon? Will siege specialization be the fast path to further WXP gain?

in WvW

Posted by: Turkman.1089

Turkman.1089

Trying to figure this one out, myself…. Do I go for something with immediate impact or wait and get the bigger bang for my buck? Do I spec for siege defense (increased siege damage), siege offense (increased siege damage) or personal offense (increased siege defense)

My biggest concern in this whole equation is the whacky decision to make this progress character bound and not account bound, as it should be. Unless you progress really easily (which I don’t think, as this would make the whole thing somewhat useless again) you’ll probably wait a really long time for these 20 points to accumulate for the supply capacity, if you’re playing multiple characters , which most WvWers I know do. It’s really disheartening that they are “forcing” me into one character now, if I want to progress through these upgrades as quickly as possible.

It also depends on what you’re doing. For reset (or when you’re starting a special event and everybody is decking themselves out in advance) 15 supply (or twenty, rather, if the buff adds to the claim-camp-buff) on every zerg member is definitely a cool thing to have.
But for normal WvWing, when you’re constantly using up your supply and need to get fresh ones, you also have to take into account that a large zerg won’t profit that much from the plus of supplies on each individual, as there are only limited amounts of supply on each camp. The question is: does it matter for your playstyle if the 100 supply, a freshly turned camp is providing, are spread over 10 players or 6.something?
If, on the other hand, you control a fully upgraded keep that has a healthy supply line and is constantly near full with supplies, then the 15 on each member will definitely help the zerg.
Therefore, I guess the decision, which upgrade to take, is more difficult to determine than just go for supply delivery. Although it does indeed seem to be the best; at least as long as we don’t know how much of an improvement the other things will be; If the siege equipment upgrades lead to the possibility of oneshotting players with ballistae, then this would also be a nice choice. If it’s only something like 500 dmg increase, then it’s negligible

Abaddon’s Mouth
Renth/Eirik
[DP] Diamond Pirates

in WvW

Posted by: gnarkiller.1862

gnarkiller.1862

I don’t even bother with the cannons anymore. within two seconds of getting on one I am pulled off it and off the wall and killed.

in WvW

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

I don’t even bother with the cannons anymore. within two seconds of getting on one I am pulled off it and off the wall and killed.

If you get pulled off the wall entirely when on a cannon, you’re doing something horribly wrong.

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Selfish WXP vs Selfless WXP
Will there be any WXP for repairing walls or doing other important non-combat work that needs to be done? Will tons of people specialize in cannon use and then fight over who gets to use the one functioning cannon? Will siege specialization be the fast path to further WXP gain?

Answer to your question is 42.

Really why do you think ANet will change their whole game mechanics based on how much kill you get? They planned this game as killfest. There are no reward for support.

in WvW

Posted by: Farout.8207

Farout.8207

None of these so called bonuses will really matter much in the long run. Eventually everyone who plays WvW will have these maxed out anyway. My bonus to siege will just be offset my opponents resistance to siege. Additional supply will become the norm and will just require a group to take multple supply camps in order to get supply for everyone.

I personally don’t think it will make much difference at all. Maybe right at first but eventually it will all balance out and be pretty much meaningless. It is just Anet throwing an inconsequential bone to the WvW community. PVE gets fancy purple gear, WvW get extra damage against NPC’s that can already be easily soloed on an upleveled toon. Whoop-de-do… progression at its finest!

~ Cleetus

in WvW

Posted by: Preacher.9018

Preacher.9018

From a point of WvW strategist – “+supply” is a must, all point in it. For yourself, your guild, your server. Nothing else really matters.

However players tend not to act/think as common need/strategy matters would them do – but rather on personal preferences and playstyle: which may be not the “best” choice, but more suitable one.

For one – supply upgrade seem to have quite big point cost, meaning many people rather than spending all their points to get questionable benefits (since i assume 1 point is maybe like 1 supply. 11 or 12 supply does not feel like great advancement. At full 5 points , say 15 supplies its great though (5 bonus from influence its superb!)) – on other hand, at same point price you could fully upgrade multiple other perks.

And not everyone (sadly) has team strategy and contribution in mind, so a lot of players indeed will pick all other skills – just based on their preferences, and ideas – especially as some of those offer VISIBLE advancements – like new skills for siege weapons.

That said, it seems you CAN get ALL the upgrades, just like with lernable skills – meaning, its not a question of choice – its question of priority of what to pick first.

So i am not really concerned about Supplies dominating perk choice – its obvious “best” choice, but its not obvious “preferable” choice for the players, that will not get its benefits outside of team play and long time until they upgrade it fully.

What i`d like to see more is actual divercity and alternative – current presented perks are basically linear upgrades – while it would be better if people could specialize in one at cost of another, and such choices actually make some kind of difference.

http://www.pevepe.net/ – Seafarers Rest Server community website

in WvW

Xirin.8593

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sentence_%28linguistics%29

I would say you are trolling me except you appear to be new to the Internet.

[AoN] All or Nothing

in WvW

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

Depends how strong the other ones are.

Like increased ballista damage. Well how much? What if you maxxed it out and you did double damage on ballistas? It’d be worth taking then. You’d go out of your way to tote around ballista blueprints and use them often.

in WvW

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

I can already imagine the faces XD rather then 10 people with supplies there will only be 6 people gaining supplies. identify the carriers, kill, cripple the zerg in terms of readily sieging a fort. :P

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

in WvW

Posted by: Ralathar.7236

Ralathar.7236

What i`d like to see more is actual divercity and alternative – current presented perks are basically linear upgrades – while it would be better if people could specialize in one at cost of another, and such choices actually make some kind of difference.

This. I like being able to specialize. Being able to get it all makes it not special.

Rashanala – 80 Elementalist
Ehmry Bay – Legion of the Iron Hawk [Hawk]

in WvW

Posted by: Nikked.7365

Nikked.7365

This. I like being able to specialize. Being able to get it all makes it not special.

I’ll third that. And that’s how most of the game is structured right now. You can’t take all of your traits, you have to choose. On my Mesmer I rarely respec entirely but rather trade out different traits. On my Engineer, it’s completely different builds for WvW and PvE. Also, weapons/utilities can’t be swapped out in combat. Sure, easy enough to drop combat make the switch and get back in. I do that all the time as well.

The point is, we can’t have it all. And we shouldn’t be able to. I hope there is a limit on WvW ranks, but I’d also like the ability to respec. (Especially with a new mechanic, the idea of not being able to “go back” because of a lame pick is a bit scary.)

Jacked Jackal :: Norn Mesmer :: Giant and Fabulous
Dragonbrand