Instead of criticism, why not share ideas?

in Suggestions

Posted by: ixl.7190

ixl.7190

It seems that many are unhappy with the lack of change in this new system. Instead of making WTKITTEN???!! posts, why not talk about what we do want in a positive manner? As an example, i’ll start.

I will start by attaching a very high quality diagram, which i spent hours at my computer designing (see attachment below).

This is a very basic system, there is probably a name for it, i don’t know. Winners move up, second place stays where it is, losers move down (with slight exception for the very top and very bottom, where only winners or losers would be facing off). The first picture shows where servers 1-24 (NA) would start. The second picture shows the resulting matchup the following week, assuming all servers performed as expected for their spot. Brackets A and B would see servers move laterally based on performance the previous week (so if #7 had a higher score at week end than #6, they would switch places). This seems like a simple system to me, and would encourage much more fluctuation, especially for those servers between 6-19.

Do you think this would work? Would it be better than the existing systems? What do you think would be better?

At the very least, you would see a different server or two every week.

Attachments:

in Suggestions

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Eviator.9746

Eviator.9746

It’s so funny, because most threads are actually complaining about there being too much imbalance in their matchup. ANet cannot win, it seems. Either the matchups get stale, or they are too imbalanced. I guess you can’t please everyone, but is there a way to please nearly everyone?

Oh, and the problem with your system is that the 2nd place server in each matchup is likely to lose nearly every week unless they manage to lose badly a few times in a row, or they manage to outplay their superior opponents. At least in the current system, nearly every server has a chance of being top dog in their matchup.

See, even though your idea is logical and interesting, this is why it’s so hard to come up with an optimal matchup system: someone is always getting screwed.

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)
Doing what I can for DB during EU primetime

(edited by Eviator.9746)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

I have a suggestion:

Don’t have the most imbalanced matchup return for a 13th week. T5 NA rematch is so stupid.

in Suggestions

Posted by: matthen.5024

matthen.5024

I have a suggestion:

Don’t have the most imbalanced matchup return for a 13th week. T5 NA rematch is so stupid.

Hey Jinks… good news! It should be a lot more balanced because a lot of the players are taking the week/month/summer/eternity off.

in Suggestions

Posted by: SmoothHussler.6387

SmoothHussler.6387

ANet cannot win, it seems. Either the matchups get stale, or they are too imbalanced. I guess you can’t please everyone, but is there a way to please nearly everyone?

Its the bandwagon crew that fill up a few servers while the others are empty who ruin the matchups.

Maguuma: Thug Life: [DERP][ME][PYRO] and other assorted dead guilds.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

ANet cannot win, it seems. Either the matchups get stale, or they are too imbalanced. I guess you can’t please everyone, but is there a way to please nearly everyone?

Its the bandwagon crew that fill up a few servers while the others are empty who ruin the matchups.

This. Exactly this. Anet needs to recognize that this is the real problem. They need to start enouraging (using incentives) people to transfer in such a way that WvW populations will be roughly balanced.

Then we can just have round-robin matchups fixing the stagnant match-up issue.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Eviator.9746

Eviator.9746

The ultimate incentive is winning! That’s why stacking works. I’m curious what other games have done to fight a stacking issue in Realm vs. Realm.

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)
Doing what I can for DB during EU primetime

in Suggestions

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

People come to these forums and share great idea everyday. It’s time for some criticism.

in Suggestions

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

Yes, it’s called the suggestions forum.

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!