Raven Paradox.1860

Alright T2. Have fun everyone.

IoJ vs SoR vs BG

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

I will, as soon as somebody renders.

Anybody, seriously…

5v6 in lords room, enemy didn’t render for 4 mins after battle was over.

EB, 15 mins tab fighting straight, not a soul, not friendly, nor enemy, rendered the entire time.

IoJ vs SoR vs BG

in WvW

Posted by: sinister.9216

sinister.9216

Yeah, the culling issues are annoying, but sometimes really funny. I’ll try to give a few examples. Kinda wish I had taken screenshots, but I never think to do it until its too late Anyway….

The other day I’m on my warrior in BGBL, as usual. One of the commanders I tend to run with had a group by Astral and I was on my way to meet up with them from Citadel Waypoint. I noticed the flag just north of Cliffside had been taken and I figured I’d try to take it back on my way to Astral. As I get closer, I only see one player and the Vet Guard and think, oh this’ll be easy. I charge the player and no joke, the second I hit him about 20 other people rendered. I had to laugh as they all jumped me and I died. Makes me wonder what they were thinking. “Oh look a dumb warrior thinks he can take us all, lololol.”

Earlier, in BGBL, a group of about 10 of us had taken Cliffside and were immediately attacked by a large group from JQ. We fought for a bit, pushing them back to garrison and then they’d push back to Cliff… As we were fighting between Cliff and Garrison, I noticed that as we moved back and forth, the whole group would disappear and reappear. As in, you’d be shooting at someone and you could see the entire group, but if you took a single step forward, the entire group would disappear. Maybe it was lag and not culling, but it was pretty funny to see it either way

Tywin Onassis – 80 Necro Mez Yar – 40ish Mesmer
Uri Nightshade – 50ish Thief
Sarugaki Hiyori – 80 Warrior – Blackgate [FEAR]

IoJ vs SoR vs BG

in WvW

Posted by: Smokee.1754

Smokee.1754

Fun 3 way fights tonight in SoR bl. Thanks to all for the fun in there !

[HB] Herfolge Boldklub – Competitive online gaming since 2001
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLY5l_0BX0TrarJeOLpDXAFTLtiCkygRtC
Nominated “Internet tough guy” 2013 by Tarkus

IoJ vs SoR vs BG

in WvW

Posted by: MiasmicMist.1420

MiasmicMist.1420

Score update? I was called in to work shortly after taking SM. Yay for reset delay! spit

Commander Miasmic Spiritsong
Leader of Caedas [CDS] : caedas.enjin.com
Sanctum Of Rall

IoJ vs SoR vs BG

in WvW

Posted by: Kysin.6349

Kysin.6349

Should be an awesome fight, I have heard a lot of good things about IoJ and SoR. GL out there.

Co-leader of Knights of Eminence[Sir] – PvX
Reap The Weak[Reap] – WvW 5-man havok
-Blackgate

IoJ vs SoR vs BG

in WvW

Posted by: Sunt.6835

Sunt.6835

it’s been fun.

Attachments:

BG

IoJ vs SoR vs BG

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

Score update? I was called in to work shortly after taking SM. Yay for reset delay! spit

Get home we need more people in EB.
3:30am EST hit and outmanned buff came on, but had a ton of fun with BG.

@BG
To those of you who destroyed the tower treb, that was really fun. Y’all caught on fast <3
Also, you guys are very quick to react when we set a ballista to kill SM 3rd floor trebs.

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

IoJ vs SoR vs BG

in WvW

Posted by: Skin.3027

Skin.3027

thank you IOJ for you Golem train. im not sure how many you guys used, but it was fun.

Attachments:

Unrivaled Rage -80 Warrior
Unrivaled Wrath -80 Guardian
[AAO] Blackgate Server

IoJ vs SoR vs BG

in WvW

Posted by: BMW.2951

BMW.2951

@BG
To those of you who destroyed the tower treb, that was really fun. Y’all caught on fast <3
Also, you guys are very quick to react when we set a ballista to kill SM 3rd floor trebs.

That was an awesome place for a treb man! Gj. Took us awile but we managed to get you guys

All about the teamwork broseph.

Beastgate is back!

Character- [KnT] Masta Yodaa
Asura Thief
Server- Beastgate

IoJ vs SoR vs BG

in WvW

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

Can’t wait to have time to actually get in there.

GL HF

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

IoJ vs SoR vs BG

in WvW

Posted by: xtorma.1283

xtorma.1283

@BG

That was an awesome place for a treb man! Gj. Took us awile but we managed to get you guys

All about the teamwork broseph.

Beastgate is back!

We won’t make things easy for you, but hopefully we will make things fun.

Also IOJ may be a little behind, but don’t make the mistake of thinking they are irrelevant. They tend to make a server regret such thoughts.

Baron Irongut – Warrior-

IoJ vs SoR vs BG

in WvW

Posted by: Thresher.3049

Thresher.3049

Early days yet.
Been fairly much constant and fun so far, the night crews on SOR are pretty tough.

Pinot Noir (Necromancer) Pinot Blanc (Warrior)
KnT Blackgate

IoJ vs SoR vs BG

in WvW

Posted by: MiasmicMist.1420

MiasmicMist.1420

You mean the NA players who stay up wayyyyy late and the few aussies we have /faint

Commander Miasmic Spiritsong
Leader of Caedas [CDS] : caedas.enjin.com
Sanctum Of Rall

IoJ vs SoR vs BG

in WvW

Posted by: Centrus.3146

Centrus.3146

Fantastic fights last night in IOJ BL. SoR you have some very solid guilds. Props to TW and a few others who not only countered our portal flanking tactics but turned them around and used them against us.

Copperfield/Winnter Hascome
LotD – Lords of the Dead – www.lotd.org
Blackgate

IoJ vs SoR vs BG

in WvW

Posted by: Alsonia.4753

Alsonia.4753

Blackgate – The server that has removed Defense from their vocabulary. I don’t even know why I bother trying to defend on this server

Gloria Taril | Guardian of [ICoa]
Repping Beastgate since day 1.

IoJ vs SoR vs BG

in WvW

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

You mean the NA players who stay up wayyyyy late and the few aussies we have /faint

Hah. You guys really are insane. I think I’ve seen you on as late as 6 AM Central.

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

IoJ vs SoR vs BG

in WvW

Posted by: Raven Paradox.1860

Raven Paradox.1860

Had a lot of fun battles. Shame we couldn’t take IoJ keep but I guess when you take all of blue’s territory I guess you should expect them to retaliate. Plus that thing was fully fortified, we only had 20ish people, and it was full of supply. We were not. Got really close but it’s always a shame seeing a gate spike from 5% to 30% in mere seconds.

IoJ vs SoR vs BG

in WvW

Posted by: SmokeyNYY.7841

SmokeyNYY.7841

Does blackgate ever just use normal rams hehehe?

I swear everytime you siege something the gate melts in like 3 minutes and I always see like three superior rams. Props to you guys. Been fun so far.

IoJ vs SoR vs BG

in WvW

Posted by: Snow Aeth.1937

Snow Aeth.1937

If you are on a map where HB is on.
We will not siege anything unless we have superior siege.

Normal siege = crafting material for superiors in the eyes of our leaders XD

“I can outrun a centaur”
Hacking your orbs since 2/11

IoJ vs SoR vs BG

in WvW

Posted by: Cat Amiss.9463

Cat Amiss.9463

Does blackgate ever just use normal rams hehehe?

I swear everytime you siege something the gate melts in like 3 minutes and I always see like three superior rams. Props to you guys. Been fun so far.

was thinking same thing lol, on IoJ BL on reset all i saw was superior rams and stuff

nice battles so far

80 Elementalist – Sykotik Death
Leader of FEAR – Sanctum of Rall
www.feargw2.com

IoJ vs SoR vs BG

in WvW

Smokee.1754

Video shot during the first 4 hours after the reset last night in SoR bl.

Thanks to Urge and EA for some great co-op

IoJ vs SoR vs BG

in WvW

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

Great video smokee! I was there with Urge in SoR BL for the first 4 hours of reset, was fun times!

BeeGee
Beast mode

IoJ vs SoR vs BG

in WvW

pot.6805

Wrong thread bro.

BeeGee
Beast mode

IoJ vs SoR vs BG

in WvW

Mishi.7058

Hah. You guys really are insane. I think I’ve seen you on as late as 6 AM Central.

Just woke after over 12hrs non stop in EB.

We do have some on late, though man BG does have a good amount of people on over night. Also some good spotters.

I took a team of 6-7 people, we went to EB Aldon’s built 4 cata’s and only got the wall halfway down this morning prior to being nailed by like 20 BG. (If only that scout hadn’t caught us when we were building the 4th cata.)

:D

Ton’s of fun!!!! and the weekend just started.

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

IoJ vs SoR vs BG

in WvW

Posted by: clanorton.7165

clanorton.7165

great times tonite in black gate borderlands bg you guys gave great fight lots of fun GSCH salutes you guys what a blast

clanorton guardian
claner ranger
gaiscioch guild {GSCH} sanctum of rall

IoJ vs SoR vs BG

in WvW

Posted by: BMW.2951

BMW.2951

Epic video Smokee! Thats how Beastgate rolls!

Character- [KnT] Masta Yodaa
Asura Thief
Server- Beastgate

IoJ vs SoR vs BG

in WvW

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

BG should dominate this week. Earlier I logged and SOR had 6+ commanders on IOJ when the map on their side was already 90pct ours. With that many either split up or focus on the top server. I zoned to BG BL soon after and we had small pack of <10 doing their thing.

BG pretty much has free reign as it looks like SOR is focused on 2nd place, haha.

IoJ vs SoR vs BG

in WvW

Posted by: yertle.5837

yertle.5837

BG pretty much has free reign as it looks like SOR is focused on 2nd place, haha.

deja vu

its ok though, all is fair in WvW and whoever is 3rd/has outmanned usually ends up getting 2v1ed unfortunately. SoR on EB last night is a good example (didn’t even have anz/speld and a kitten blue dot was pushing durios/umber.)

Acenn (Thief)
also L80 Ele/Necro/Mesmer
IoJ

(edited by yertle.5837)

IoJ vs SoR vs BG

in WvW

Mishi.7058

Sounds like tonight. SoR has only Langor in EB. And IoJ comes down to Langor with 20-30+ after pushing into recently flipped towers on SoR side.

Too bad BG is upgraded their towers, they dont really care if IoJ pushes SoR side at all since those aren’t upgraded.

IoJ is also losing their borderlands to BG, while IoJ is playing in SoR borderlands.

So please propaganda elsewhere. No server is playing for 2nd place. All 3 are playing for 1st

Commander Silvannas

(edited by Mishi.7058)

IoJ vs SoR vs BG

in WvW

Posted by: Mian.1945

Mian.1945

IoJ is also losing their borderlands to BG, while IoJ is playing in SoR borderlands.

So please propaganda elsewhere.

Borderland fighting has gone weird over the past 3-4 weeks, everyone is playing “flip that asset” instead of digging in. Everyone jumps to the borderland they think their enemy has deserted, goes on a massive sweep with the heaviest siege they can use, flips 80% of the map then leaves. Cue enemy team arriving to flip everything back.

EB is the only map where people appear to dig in and hold. So my measure of whether or not double teaming is happening is the amount of pressure between Durios/Ogrewatch, Anzalias/Wildcreek and Quentin/Klovan. If ALL 6 of these are being pressured/swapped regularly then there’s no double teaming. If one set is not, then that pretty much means those two teams are ignoring one another.

Go watch the map and see what I mean.

IoJ vs SoR vs BG

in WvW

Mishi.7058

So please propaganda elsewhere.

Borderland fighting has gone weird over the past 3-4 weeks, everyone is playing “flip that asset” instead of digging in. Everyone jumps to the borderland they think their enemy has deserted, goes on a massive sweep with the heaviest siege they can use, flips 80% of the map then leaves. Cue enemy team arriving to flip everything back.

EB is the only map where people appear to dig in and hold. So my measure of whether or not double teaming is happening is the amount of pressure between Durios/Ogrewatch, Anzalias/Wildcreek and Quentin/Klovan. If ALL 6 of these are being pressured/swapped regularly then there’s no double teaming. If one set is not, then that pretty much means those two teams are ignoring one another.

Go watch the map and see what I mean.

I do watch the maps, I also spend 99% of my time in WvW.

Log into EB right now. We just got Valley keep back in the hands of SoR and out from BG. Also just killed the trebuchet and all IoJ who were dug into Danelon trebbing Langor, after they attempted to golem it but got spotted. (Due to SoR based out of Langor, because BG had taken all but it, followed by IoJ taking Bravost, DG, and Umber from BG.)

Like I said, no one is being 2v1’d at all.

Also so you know, you should count DG/Brav/Anz/WC/QL all out from the server with SM on your calculations.

Also count out Umber/Pangloss if ogers are sided with a server. (Same with Danelon/Golanta, or Rogues/Pang.)

Commander Silvannas

IoJ vs SoR vs BG

in WvW

Cat Amiss.9463

Oh yay the 2vs1 cries have started

There has been a significant less presence in WvW since this PvE content came out on SoR, I’m sure the other servers have the same problem, but theres really no reason to say what’s what ignorantly like “BG has free reign over SoR” or start crying about “2v1” again for the 3rd time in a row

www.feargw2.com

IoJ vs SoR vs BG

in WvW

Posted by: xtorma.1283

xtorma.1283

There has been a significant less presence in WvW since this PvE content came out on SoR, I’m sure the other servers have the same problem, but theres really no reason to say what’s what ignorantly like “BG has free reign over SoR” or start crying about “2v1” again for the 3rd time in a row

There must always be a reason for losing. That reason is never the losers fault in thier eyes. Because of this fact they never get better, because they have rationalized the true reasons away, and created one that they can live with.

Baron Irongut – Warrior-

IoJ vs SoR vs BG

in WvW

Cat Amiss.9463

There must always be a reason for losing. That reason is never the losers fault in thier eyes. Because of this fact they never get better, because they have rationalized the true reasons away, and created one that they can live with.

True that man

www.feargw2.com

IoJ vs SoR vs BG

in WvW

Posted by: Mian.1945

Mian.1945

Actually I don’t think this round is 2v1, the fighting around the map is too random. Its every man for himself this week. Previous weeks, not so much.

IoJ vs SoR vs BG

in WvW

Smokee.1754

New HB video is up, showing some of the fights we had in BG bl last night.

A big shout out to LUN and GSCH from SoR. You guys are great to fight !

IoJ vs SoR vs BG

in WvW

Posted by: Azaruil.3406

Azaruil.3406

There must always be a reason for winning. That reason is always the winners doing in thier eyes. Because of this fact they never get better, because they have rationalized the true reasons away, and created one that they can live with.

seewhatididthere?

If your side has the outnumbered buff on a battleground, you wont be winning that fight. If your opponent has the outnumbered buff on a battleground then they will not be winning either. That is a “true reason”.

Aza
“I smell like pomegranate.”

IoJ vs SoR vs BG

in WvW

Cat Amiss.9463

There must always be a reason for winning. That reason is always the winners doing in thier eyes. Because of this fact they never get better, because they have rationalized the true reasons away, and created one that they can live with.

seewhatididthere?

If your side has the outnumbered buff on a battleground, you wont be winning that fight. If your opponent has the outnumbered buff on a battleground then they will not be winning either. That is a “true reason”.

You do realize that person from our same server was referring to people whining about being 2v1ed by us and BG lol right?

www.feargw2.com

IoJ vs SoR vs BG

in WvW

Posted by: laffingseals.5934

laffingseals.5934

twitch.tv/manaspell
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeULWbbiVWCuIzt-6EMq1Iw
twitter.com/manaspell0

IoJ vs SoR vs BG

in WvW

Posted by: Azaruil.3406

Azaruil.3406

seewhatididthere?

You do realize that person from our same server was referring to people whining about being 2v1ed by us and BG lol right?

Yes, but that does not negate the content of his post.

Aza
“I smell like pomegranate.”

IoJ vs SoR vs BG

in WvW

Posted by: Raven Paradox.1860

Raven Paradox.1860

Shout-out to SoR and IoJ for actually playing the game like good sports. SBI and JQ only double teamed us the entire time the last few weeks. They denied it but it really shows. We’re not having to run back and forth every time and log in and see only our stuff taken every morning. It’s been a lot of fun to have WvW back rather than it being a Track and Field. Although I feel bad for SoR. We started pushing on them in EBG and we saw red was taking the other side. Due to our low population atm, we couldn’t have two zergs to attack both servers, so we kept our focus on keeping Langors and Quinten.

Shout-out to the fellow Beastgate players that stuck with the strategy. Normally people are interested in only attacking, and I didn’t even think we’d have a chance to keep Quin for long, but we even took Langors. Great work guys.

Once again though, it’s a shame we can’t get a strong consistent borderland crew. IoJ is currently dominating the PPT due to them owning nearly 2 BLs and all Bravost/Umber and their areas.

IoJ vs SoR vs BG

in WvW

Posted by: Lensar.4920

Lensar.4920

I’m not trying to bad mouth any other worlds, but I do want to say that my group and I have been very impressed with the player skill level of SR and IJ.

In our previous matches, we seemed to always die to the enemy zerg, and rarely to smaller groups. In fact, we pretty much handled most of what came our way fairly easily, even when pretty outnumbered.

Not so this week. The small group tactics that used to work so well before, aren’t always doing the trick now. After each fight now, everyone in voice chat is saying things like, “Wow, those guys were tough,” and “They were good.”

My theory is that a world that can’t always rely on large zergy numbers to win, tends to become better skilled, because they have too. Either way, very fun and challenging fights this week, so hats off to SR and IJ.

Lensar – [End] Rasnel – 80 Warrior
Ascalons Requiem – Blackgate
Public Blackgate WvW Forum: http://bit.ly/X3Bifl

IoJ vs SoR vs BG

in WvW

Posted by: Jeheil.2516

Jeheil.2516

Hats off to the IoJ spirit again, the reset started pretty harshly for us with BG taking their entire zerg to our EB Overlook at the start of the match. In a horror of horrors IoJ opened up with the outmanned buff for over an hour on EB….woe is me I thought.

For the rest of the weekend we (IoJ) had to concentrate on 2 borderlands, then when BG went a stomping through EB, we consolidated all efforts on our own BL. In the last 16 hours our comeback, initatied by large oceanics and then followed through overnight got us some good PPT.

Will be interesting to see how it plays form here. We (IoJ) are already a mile behind. PvE is the 4th team in this weeks matchups and with another game launching midweek very much PvP focused…well…all bets are off.

As for 2v1, early on we IoJ felt very heavily wedged as it felt SoR seemed content on hitting us full bore. Indeed as we launched an attack on SoR at Ogres, we were wiped by a 40man BG zerg, with the gates on 20% they ran past and went on to Pang….this had a lot of grumpy monkeys in the BL.

Once we consolidated however and pushed back, we focused on what appeared to be the weaker ‘manned’ team. So I am sure SoR felt very much 2 to 1nd.

One side always will.

Jeheil, IoJ, [uA] – Defender of Gazza’s watergate

IoJ vs SoR vs BG

in WvW

Posted by: Alsonia.4753

Alsonia.4753

It’s no 2v1; Blackgate just really hates IoJ. I don’t know why, I want to see us beat SoR around more since I came from Sea of Sorrows.

Gloria Taril | Guardian of [ICoa]
Repping Beastgate since day 1.

IoJ vs SoR vs BG

in WvW

pot.6805

Some people on BG do not like IoJ because of an intense forum propaganda campaign against BG that was led by a couple IoJ posters for 4 weeks straight. That is the only reason I can think of.

BeeGee
Beast mode

IoJ vs SoR vs BG

in WvW

Posted by: Shaojack.3871

Shaojack.3871

This fractal crap is murdering attendance.

Brojack (80 Thief) / Shaojack(80 Warrior) / Shaokuma(80 Guardian) / Shaojax(80 Ranger)

Sanctum of Rall

IoJ vs SoR vs BG

in WvW

Jeheil.2516

It’s world v world, I hate everyone who isn’t us.

IoJ vs SoR vs BG

in WvW

Posted by: Snow Aeth.1937

Snow Aeth.1937

BG hates IoJ???
I don’t think there’s any server specific hate on BG.
At least not from the players that are always there to fight whether we win or loose. (the real W3 force of BG)
Real W3 players on BG are in for good fights and don’t care which server it comes from or focus on any server specifically.

There’s definitely more story behind some servers that might spark up rivalry, but once new week starts it’s a new war with a new story.

BG is the server with the most real fighters that are just there to get awesome fights, the points come in 2nd place.
If you’d have to compare the real W3 force of BG with anything, it would be Barbarians.
Unlike the point fighters that sit in T1 SBI/JQ, BG doesn’t back off from strong targets, but wants to fight them and bring them down.

When I see a map turn completely 1 color and it’s ours, it makes me sad, as it will mean that I won’t be getting good fights untill the enemy regroups.

“I can outrun a centaur”
Hacking your orbs since 2/11

IoJ vs SoR vs BG

in WvW

Jeheil.2516

Any chance of a score update (for those poor peeps trapped at work )