Is it rude to decline invites?

in WvW

Posted by: Rok.5260

Rok.5260

I’ve been invited by other players after being able to defeat them to their parties to chat with them before and it mostly wasn’t good. First time I accepted an invite after I killed a player he said “kitten you” then left the group. Other times most players act all condescending to me which I just find weird, funny and uncomfortable…

Earlier today I downed a thief, he kept spamming invite and I just declined multiple times, was I being rude?

So just wondering if I should or should not accept invites from enemy players after beating them, or is it rude not to accept invites from other players you’ve defeated in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Pavel.8531

Pavel.8531

It’s your choice, really. I’ve had some of the best times, asking for a rematch/official duels like this, talking about our builds, even once when I was guarding Mendon and a group of around 15 players came and started sieging and one guy invited me and said “We come in peace.” to which I replied “Good, now start running, because our whole zerg just wp-ed :P”… I guess it was just your luck.

in WvW

Posted by: Laii.2780

Laii.2780

If i’m roaming, and solo or not in a full party I almost always invite ppl after a 1v1 fight or 2v2, 2v3, 3v2, w/e~ an say GoodFight.(win or loose) I usually try twice if someone doesn’t accept, and I make it a point to always accept other peoples invites. I never consider it rude though to decline, or get declined. No biggie, there’s a large amount of people who can’t take loosing, or win and can’t take a complement^^.

[CERN] ~ WAR/Necro^ O ^)/!

in WvW

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

Accept only from enemys that are from decent guilds. Most of guilds won’t recruit flamers .

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

in WvW

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

I had some nice (unplanned) duels yesterday against members from different guilds both GH and RoS. Most of them invited me afterwards and we talked about the match, where we failed etc.

I ended up chatting with one of them basically all night everytime we met or just out of fun.

I have been flamed by an enemy only once up to this point and he clearly wasn’t a good player to start with (took him + full group ~5 min to kill my healway guardian and he called me a hacker afterwards…).

in WvW

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

If I play thief, I don’t usually take invites, as most of them are to complain about stealth, OP profession, lack of skill hiding behind a broken mechanic, getting them off-guard, etc…

If I’m on another toon, I’ll take the invite and its nice talk about builds and strats…

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

No.

Moving on.

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in WvW

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

One time I invited an invader to try to tell them that their treb wasn’t actually hitting our tower wall, but alas they would not accept and I didn’t get the chance to arrow cart farm them since they never opened up the tower before I had to log

in WvW

Posted by: Ungood.3054

Ungood.3054

Guild Tag is a big one. If you don’t know and respect the Tag don’t bother yourself.

I only take invites from people I know in WvW, otherwise, nope.

Every Lifelong Journey Ends With a Gravestone.
Born and Raised in Eredon Terrace

in WvW

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

no, it is polite

rude is to accept and have a verbal re-duel

but i usually accept because i like to engage in trash talk.

i am after all a forum warrior/troll

in WvW

Posted by: Ghedoriah.4290

Ghedoriah.4290

There are some people who do it literally just to trash talk, but unless you get easily-offended, there’s generally little to fear from seeing what they have to say.

Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

Maybe I’ve just been lucky, but everytime I have been invited to parties I’ve accepted and they are always nice people and either want to congratulate me or ask for a rematch.

I wouldnt say its rude to decline though.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

It’s up to you. Sometimes people just want to ask simple things like what’s your build . But if you are really so sensitive (rolls eyes) that you let random dudes in the internets insult you, well then just decline.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

(edited by Master of Timespace.2548)

in WvW

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

I usually accept or send invites after a good solo fight. I won’t accept if there was some teabagging and dancing involved, but that’s just common sense.

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

It isn’t rude. but whether you win or lose you may want to accept the invite because you may get a cool discussion or gratz or something. I once had an underwater fight with someone for 10 minutes. They respawned and we battled atop center island. I got lucky on the island win. I went to the bottom of the stairs at garrison water gate and they came running down and stopped when they saw me.

I invited the person to my party 5+ times while standing there and he declined each one. All I wanted to say was “good fights”.

in WvW

eithinan.9841

to counterpoint my chest thumping about how great i am above :P

I once got wasted by a thief 3 times in a row. I invited him to my group and he accepted. he said “umadbro?” his buddy said “who is this?” I said “Im the guy your buddy just wasted 3 times, you’re pro dude” then I left the party.

in WvW

Posted by: Engels.8537

Engels.8537

It’s all about how sensitive you are. If you can’t handle the trolls and trash talkers then don’t accept the invites.
I for myself love those, almost as much as I love getting to talk to other players, discussing builds and dueling. Forming a gank party with people from other servers is fun too :p

And I /join or /invite all the time really. Usually just trash talk 10 guildies chasing me around the map or people /laughing at me after zerging me down, or CoD kids teabagging my corpse after killing me with 5 more people or rangers exploiting the pet rez underwater, etc.

All the rest are for giving the grats and ask for their builds and stuff.

Don’t talk to me about toughness and vitality, damage avoidance is all in this game

in WvW

Posted by: katz.8376

katz.8376

the few times that i’ve been invited after a fight, it’s been a positive interaction. i tend to bow or salute after good fights, tho.

Druids of Dhuum [DoD]|Rally Bait [RALY]
~o hai there :D~ LONG LIVE ET

in WvW

Posted by: Vizier.3164

Vizier.3164

It is not rude to decline.

I do consider it rude/annoying that some folks spam you with invites for hours. I’ve had that a few times -_-

i7-3770K, XFX HD7970, ASUS SABERTOOTH, G.Skill ARES 16 GB 1600
Vizier: 80 mesm-guard-ele-war
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Parktou.4263

Parktou.4263

I’ve been invited by other players after being able to defeat them to their parties to chat with them before and it mostly wasn’t good. First time I accepted an invite after I killed a player he said “kitten you” then left the group. Other times most players act all condescending to me which I just find weird, funny and uncomfortable…

Earlier today I downed a thief, he kept spamming invite and I just declined multiple times, was I being rude?

So just wondering if I should or should not accept invites from enemy players after beating them, or is it rude not to accept invites from other players you’ve defeated in WvW?

If you can’t handle an insult don’t accept, plain and simple. If you dont mind the insults but occasionally wanna say gg or wp to someone you had a good fight with, then by all means accept. Nothing rude about either choice really.

Shocking Shorty-Asura Tempest | Magnificent Mike-Troll Warrior | Lockpick Louie- Human Daredevil
Fabio Feline- Charr DH | Viktor Virtuoso-Norn Reaper | Pocket Prestige-Asura Chrono
Killer Kasserole-Plant Druid | Frankie Feline-Cat Scrapper | Felix Feline-Charr Herald

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Had a fight with a necro last night. Caught it on vid. Even the bit at the end where he requested a group to say he thought I was good.

I’d had the same thought, but he beat me to it.

in WvW

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

I find that thieves are the only people that have this behavior. Nobody other than a thief tries to invite me to a group after they get rolled. I guess thieves don’t expect to lose 1v1s very often, so they are more likely to react in an extreme manner.

in WvW

Posted by: wish.3102

wish.3102

I usually accept because i like to engage in trash talk.

i am after all a forum warrior/troll

I agree with this guy, I always accept and make fun of people.
I also find it funny to invite people, then ask why they invited me.

Jade Quarry. RNG/THF/GRD/WAR
SovietSpaceDogs[SSD]

in WvW

Posted by: Centrix.4065

Centrix.4065

It’s mainly how I got so many contacts on all the different servers. i’ve only had 2 or 3 bad experiences with party invites to and from enemies. So yeah I always accept. If it’s some jerk I report and leave. It’s simple. You don’t have to stay in the pt and engage in their troll/flames.

I agree with this guy, I always accept and make fun of people.
I also find it funny to invite people, then ask why they invited me.

haha

Lv.80 Elementalist, Guardian, Necromancer, Thief
[VII] Seventh Legion | http://twitch.tv/censtudios

in WvW

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

Most they time its just dueling talking about builds etc…

The few times people have raged after I accepted the invite has been thieves and a mesmer the thieves were just childish cussing then leaving group real fast. The mesmer was rude calling it the win luck…. probably was /shrug

So if its a thief or mes you just beat sending the invite ignore it if that sort of thing bugs you, other classes tend to be chill and just want to duel to try again.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

in WvW

Posted by: Sunflowers.1729

Sunflowers.1729

As a Thief I always try and invite people to tell them I’m sorry for ganking them as they were just walking around (especially if they are underleveled), but that it’s still a part of the game and I felt obligated to kill them anyway.

Nobody ever responds though, they must all think I want to gloat at them :/ If you get killed by a Thief from Tarnished Coast just accept the invitation, promise I won’t be mean or anything.

in WvW

Posted by: Piogre.2164

Piogre.2164

I didn’t even know you could invite enemies until I got an invite from “Jade Quarry Invader” in a jumping puzzle- he sent the invite to offer non-aggression when he saw me enter (which I accepted- I don’t kill people in jp’s).

Consider the situation if you want to avoid trash talk, but really, unless you’re fighting for your life, there’s really nothing to lose unless you’re very sensitive to verbal attacks.

[VIG], SoR
Main: Asuran Engineer — Alt 80’s Ra-T-M-G-El-N-W-En-En-Re-Ra
Doctorate in Applied Jumping

in WvW

eithinan.9841

I didn’t even know you could invite enemies until I got an invite from “Jade Quarry Invader” in a jumping puzzle- he sent the invite to offer non-aggression when he saw me enter (which I accepted- I don’t kill people in jp’s).

Consider the situation if you want to avoid trash talk, but really, unless you’re fighting for your life, there’s really nothing to lose unless you’re very sensitive to verbal attacks.

Lol i tried to do this with someone i saw coming up behind me in the bl jp. i was at the top key waiting to port a few friends and i saw the oppponent jumping towards me. I invited him and he accepted. I then learned that offering a jump puzzle truce is hard when the person doesn’t speak a language i know :/

i think i got reported while being nice and offering safe passage too :*(

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

I find it impolite to invite someone to a party after you have fought them. So everything from there is likely to go downhill, so best not to accept the invite.

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Its not but its always nice to say no thank you etc..
Now it is rude to join a group in wvw and log out in that group there still no way to kick some one from the group if the person is in a different zone or is logged out when in wvw.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: akunadin.5017

akunadin.5017

For me, i find it very hard theese days to find decent fights roaming around.

So yes i accept invites hoping they wanna dual, but its like Rayya says. I ignore some also
from certain guilds ( after asking me to dual and gank me with 5 if I show up meeting-place:p)

in WvW

Posted by: Truebanana.5936

Truebanana.5936

The best way to make people want to accept, is to invite them once they are down, if they decline, that mean they don’t want to duel anymore and you can finish them

You don’t risk anything by accepting (exept a free report if you have to), but declining is not a big deal either.

Truebanana [Opt] Solo roaming D/F Elementalist on Augury Rock
Dolcebanana [Opt] Solo roaming D/F Elementalist twink lvl 60 on Augury Rock
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3xj7suly_U

in WvW

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

By the way, how do people message people from enemy server? And how do they invite you into their group? o.O

If they have you targeted and open the party window thingy at the top, they can just press invite, they can also see your name that way, and of course your name is visible while they wait for you to accept or decline

in WvW

Posted by: Engels.8537

Engels.8537

By the way, how do people message people from enemy server? And how do they invite you into their group? o.O

If they have you targeted and open the party window thingy at the top, they can just press invite, they can also see your name that way, and of course your name is visible while they wait for you to accept or decline

They can’t see your name when they invite you, all they see is “Invader/Defender” and your server. But it becomes visible after a few minutes of having that pending invite. So the advice is, if you don’t wanna talk to them, decline the invitation and move on.

Don’t talk to me about toughness and vitality, damage avoidance is all in this game

in WvW

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

They can’t see your name when they invite you, all they see is “Invader/Defender” and your server. But it becomes visible after a few minutes of having that pending invite. So the advice is, if you don’t wanna talk to them, decline the invitation and move on.

Depends on whether you use simplified or normal UI, with normal you can hover over the portrait and see the name – I don’t use simplified, but I know there you only see the invader/defender, though I do wonder if you can’t see the acct name by hovering too.

in WvW

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

I sent an invite to an enemy after accidentally (somehow) putting an arrow cart build site on the wall of their tower. He was running around it (probably confused) and I just wanted to explain how it got there.

Accept only from enemys that are from decent guilds. Most of guilds won’t recruit flamers .

Guild Tag is a big one. If you don’t know and respect the Tag don’t bother yourself.

I only take invites from people I know in WvW, otherwise, nope.

In WvW, most of us will only recognize the largest WvW guilds on enemy servers. If anything, players in those guilds are more likely to be trolls than players in smaller guilds. Huge guilds don’t become huge by being exclusive.

If you just killed someone and they send you an invite, it’s best to decline because they probably just want to call you a hacker or something. If a player who killed you or you haven’t fought yet sends you an invite, it’s more likely a friendly gesture (especially if you’re in a jump puzzle). Make sure not to accept anyone to your party if you have party members who don’t want their locations exposed or are discussing strategy in party chat.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in WvW

Posted by: Caephire.5238

Caephire.5238

Personally for me I add enemies to party to say positive things about the team, to duel, or ask for their character build. So when they decline it makes me sad.

Much like the other posters have said before though, the choice is really up to you.

Commander Foxblaze
Guild Leader: Zepheris Chronology [CHR]
Kaineng from Beginning to End

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid Storm.8097

Liquid Storm.8097

I always decline.

Staff elementalist @ [SOUL]
Far Shiverpeaks EU
http://fspsoul.enjin.com/

in WvW

Posted by: Runehand.9368

Runehand.9368

I decline people all the time, unless they’re actually running with me. If I’m commanding, I don’t mind having some pugs fill in if I have space. Usually, I’m in a full guild group though.

Enemy players, no. Stabbing enough places for new poo holes into someone isn’t likely going to bring on any conversation from an enemy player I care to have. I would not care for the praise or disrespect either way.

Zherbus – Yak’s Bend
Bookahs on [AciD]

in WvW

Posted by: dzeRnumbrd.6129

dzeRnumbrd.6129

My policy is to accept all invites, report them if they are abusive and be polite and respectful when they are nice to you. I try to return any compliments that are offered as a gesture of good will. I’ve not had a case where someone that was contacting me to give negative feedback – didn’t also include a multitude of swear words. So everyone who was rude to me will have had a nice holiday (ban) away from GW2 to remind them it is just a game.

in WvW

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

I didn’t even know it was possible until recently. Two of us (redundant here: there are only two of us) jumped down the well outside our keep in EB, looking for a thief inappropriately touching our gate. As it turns out, we found him/her/it…… on the way down. By the time we landed in the water we’d seen + selected it, and with two fairly glassy high-damage characters proceeded to smash the tar out of it in seconds.

As we were swimming away I saw someone’s join request flickering spastically on the side of my screen, but they stopped before I could say to let them in… pity, I wanted to see whakitten was about. I wouldn’t consider it rude not to accept an invite or anything, since… well, it’s none of their business if you’d rather not talk. But I figure it’ll either be a hilarious rage-filled rant, some sort of congratulations and/or request to try again, or some poor sod who was hiding in the end of a watery tunnel and had no idea there was a well, wondering what just happened.

in WvW

Posted by: Myst.5783

Myst.5783

Most of my partying with enemies in WvW has turned out pretty good, maybe I’m just lucky. If I just had a good fight I normally like to talk with the other person.

I think I had one time that started out a little sour with a theif, but it didn’t last long. I think I ended up chatting in that party of four enemies for the next hour or so.

Currently playing: Mesmer/Ele/Theif
JQ

in WvW

Posted by: chefdiablo.6791

chefdiablo.6791

I never accept the invites because I don’t really care about dueling or have the need to converse for the most part. I don’t think this is rude per se because most of the time they don’t have nice things to say.

Once I declined an invite and then promptly accepted an invite from a server member to discover that the guy I declined was in the party. I was expecting the usual trash talk to ensue but instead received a donation in the mail along with a compliment.

It goes to show that the community is made up of both decent and horrible people but I still will not accept the invites because far too often I am doing other things. Unfortunately dueling and chatting are just not on my priority list.

in WvW

Posted by: Mastermavrick.2439

Mastermavrick.2439

I find i try to invite/accept a lot invites hell after good random 1v1’s and hell its how random fight clubs get setup in the spur of the moment.

The Revenant Apostle [Rvnt]→ DragonBand
Kaiji Ruko – 80 Ranger, Revanat Shadowdeath – 80 Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

Sadly, my luck has been just the opposite of most others it seems… The majority of those that have invited me from enemy servers have either been chest-thumping little brats or raging, foul-mouthed sore losers.
Rather sad, really…
To be completely fair, I have had a small few contact me and show a bit of respect (regardless of who one or lost.) I was so shocked the first time it happened I didn’t know what to say…

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

in WvW

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

My policy is to accept all invites, report them if they are abusive and be polite and respectful when they are nice to you. I try to return any compliments that are offered as a gesture of good will. I’ve not had a case where someone that was contacting me to give negative feedback – didn’t also include a multitude of swear words. So everyone who was rude to me will have had a nice holiday (ban) away from GW2 to remind them it is just a game.

Lol good luck getting them banned for swearing xDD
There are people who are known to run constant hacks in WvW and no bans :P
Unless it’s gold selling, anet doesn’t give a kitten

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

in WvW

Posted by: Wolfey.3407

Wolfey.3407

I generally accept all party invite unless I’m not in a good mood.
Generally speaking, most of the people I talk to this way end up being great people who I usually end up adding as friends. Great way to net work in this game too; usually I’ll get whispers from them saying Balthazar is open on their server or one of the dragons just spawned or a community event is going on and to guest on over.

Very rarely I would run into a complete kitten, but their is an ignore function for that reason alone ^-^ worse case you can just remember who they are, kill them again and just do the /dance emote on top of them and watch them rage quit the game.

Former PvP Forum Specialist
2015-2016
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Is it rude to report people to the police for stalking? Is it rude for a girl to turn down a drunk guy?

If people act annoying, you have a right to ignore them. Not accepting rudeness is not the same as being rude, just like denying someone’s hate speech does not make you a bigot.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto