Is this an exploit?

Is this an exploit?

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

So last night I go into my homeland to make sure we have 100% of the area before I plan to move to EB. But there are a group of guys in our homeland (less than 10), all from the same guild, who keep capping a supply point. Right next to the supply point is an invulnerable area (about 20 metres away), that they keep running to after attacking the supply point. They kept coming back and rallying on that point, so it was intentional.

In the end we had to camp the point for around 4 hours to stop them from capping it. Im not sure is this is intended? If it is an exploit, is it worth reporting and would Anet do anything about it?

Is this an exploit?

in WvW

Posted by: Esoteric.5490

Esoteric.5490

The short answer is no, it is not.

The long answer is, are you really going to come to the forums and complain about players standing in their invulnerable area because it’s right next to their spawn? You are literally spawn camping a server and you’re complaining that you can’t run into their spawn and murder them there too. That’s shameful.

Blackgate Forever,
Riven – [KnT] GM – http://KnightGaming.enjin.com
Commander – Grand General of Blackgate

Is this an exploit?

in WvW

sostronk.8167

The long answer is, are you really going to come to the forums and complain about players standing in their invulnerable area because it’s right next to their spawn? You are literally spawn camping a server and you’re complaining that you can’t run into their spawn and murder them there too. That’s shameful.

Where was I complaining? I want to know if its an exploit. Now that I know it is not, Im going to go do it myself.

EDIT: Oh wait you dont seem to know where it is, because its nowhere near their spawn.

Is this an exploit?

in WvW

Esoteric.5490

Edit: Oops. Which camp was it?

Blackgate Forever,

Is this an exploit?

in WvW

Posted by: Elochai.1280

Elochai.1280

Where was I complaining? I want to know if its an exploit. Now that I know it is not, Im going to go do it myself.

EDIT: Oh wait you dont seem to know where it is, because its nowhere near their spawn.

I was gonna say. He said nothing about being near the spawn. Is it an exploit? Yes in my opinion it is

Elochai Rendar 80 Warrior/Anskar Rendar 80 Necromancer/Rylea Rendar 80 Thief/Kento Rendar 80 Ranger
Commander

Is this an exploit?

in WvW

Posted by: Araziel.7201

Araziel.7201

Well, if it was the south camps like Bluewater, Greenvale, ect then yes it is in my opinion. Those cliffs are there for a reason. When you jump down from them you are meant to be in open WvW. Running back to the base of them where there is some small glitched area of invulnerability where it isn’t supposed to be is exploiting.

Is this an exploit?

in WvW

sostronk.8167

Yeah it was the cliffs near Greenvale.

Is this an exploit?

in WvW

Posted by: transtemporal.2158

transtemporal.2158

I know what you’re saying but playing devil’s advocate, the supply camp is a legitimate target and spawn-camping is a legitimate (if slightly unsporting) tactic. The fact that a supply is next to spawn shouldn’t factor into whether it’s fair to have an invulnerable spot that you can retreat to if you’re losing.

Like the alt-f4, Anet needs to fix this.

Is this an exploit?

in WvW

Esoteric.5490

It’s been there since launch. I honestly doubt that it will get fixed nor do I think that it should be. It’s the same way that there is an invulnerable spot coming down from citadel that is well known about.

If you have them pushed back to their spawn, and they sit in an invulnerable spot, there is really nothing to complain about. While they are stuck there, they are not being useful to their team. You’re doing your job holding the map.

Blackgate Forever,

Is this an exploit?

in WvW

sostronk.8167

While they are stuck there, they are not being useful to their team. You’re doing your job holding the map.

Where they were, they weren’t stuck in that location. They can back away. Personally I think it helps the team alot. I mean WvW is alot about attrition. If they have 5-10 players there constantly, than we need ~10 players defending that point, effectively losing the numbers game. Personally I think if it isn’t an exploit, than every server should have 5-10 players sit in that spot in all borderlands 24/7 because I think it provides a huge benefit to the team. If it isn’t defended, it opens up alot of things. And if the homeland tries to take it back, camp it again and steal it if they don’t defend.

Is this an exploit?

in WvW

Esoteric.5490

Did you by any chance take a screenshot? The only spot that I know of in GV has no way to back up the hill.

Blackgate Forever,

Is this an exploit?

in WvW

sostronk.8167

Did you by any chance take a screenshot? The only spot that I know of in GV has no way to back up the hill.

I took several. Ill load them up tonight (Im at work atm). But what I mean by “able to leave” I mean we were just defending the supply. We werent out camping their escape, we just wanted them to go away. Not sure if we could kill them on retreat.

Is this an exploit?

in WvW

Posted by: transtemporal.2158

transtemporal.2158

Both Vale and Lowlands have at least one spot. You can’t get back up the cliff and disengage completely but you can just sit there and wait til reinforcements arrive. For me, this is as weak as the old alt-f4 was.

Is this an exploit?

in WvW

Posted by: McNigel.8123

McNigel.8123

I really don’t see the problem here, if you push them back to the invuln spot then they obviously don’t have the numbers to mount an effective offensive. So either fall back and kill them when they walk into the camp, or let them take it and return a few minutes later and take it back as if you have to complain about defending the camp the it’s obviously not very important to your overall strategic plans.

In addition to this, the only way they can hit you is if you stand there in front of the invuln spot, however if you fall back to the actuall camp, it forces them to come to you allowing you to stomp their kitten because at the point when you own 100% of a map and your only problem is small camp capping squads then you’ve really got nothing to worry about.

Arutha Lightseeker – 80 Guardian
Lexx Kahern – 80 Midget Warrior
Member of PiNK and Newby Commander

Is this an exploit?

in WvW

Posted by: Eastevil.1534

Eastevil.1534

So last night I go into my homeland to make sure we have 100% of the area before I plan to move to EB. But there are a group of guys in our homeland (less than 10), all from the same guild, who keep capping a supply point. Right next to the supply point is an invulnerable area (about 20 metres away), that they keep running to after attacking the supply point. They kept coming back and rallying on that point, so it was intentional.

In the end we had to camp the point for around 4 hours to stop them from capping it. Im not sure is this is intended? If it is an exploit, is it worth reporting and would Anet do anything about it?

Nothing new. Spawn campers whining they cant spawn camp. Yes i realize its not literally their spawn, but as you said, its 20m from their spawn point, and if it wasn’t intended the inv would’ve ended alot more closer to their spawn near the cliffs at the back of the supply camp.

I treat spawn campers and hackers both as scum.

Is this an exploit?

in WvW

Posted by: Cake.4920

Cake.4920

Nothing new. Spawn campers whining they cant spawn camp. Yes i realize its not literally their spawn, but as you said, its 20m from their spawn point, and if it wasn’t intended the inv would’ve ended alot more closer to their spawn near the cliffs at the back of the supply camp.

I treat spawn campers and hackers both as scum.

Defending camps is spawn camping? Really bro? Really?

Anyway I found it funny when I was winning a 1v3 and after I killed 2 people, the last person ran to the invuln spot. Made me giggle like a school girl

Is this an exploit?

in WvW

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

The world that you all should be looking at is invulnurable SPOT, not AREA. It is down the hill and it is very small with no way to actual invulnurable area becouse that is up the hill. Meaning that is not intended. Oh and now that you have posted it, more ppl will know about it and abuse it.

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

Is this an exploit?

in WvW

Posted by: Hyde.6189

Hyde.6189

I hope ANet will tweak the invulnerable area to fix this, so they have to at least be up on the hill to be invulnerable, but I wouldn’t call it much of an exploit because it gives them absolutely no advantage whatsoever. The area is far enough away from the camp; just fall back to the camp and don’t follow them that far back.

The invulnerable spot is quite far from the actual camp, far enough that you cannot call it ‘defending camps’ to be pushing them back that far.

Is this an exploit?

in WvW

Posted by: AshDown.4013

AshDown.4013

It should be fix by anet. Everyone : try not using it please
(i do, but the temptation is sooo big when you’re in danger)

Is this an exploit?

in WvW

Posted by: Nemo.6295

Nemo.6295

Get a bloody clue. First of all, this usually happens when a lesser team is chased away from certain supply camps. While I’m ok with a point where they can rally I’m not fine with a spot that allows you to retreat to if things go bad and you become invulnerable while still able to attack.
And second, the fact that the invulnerability buff expends so far from the camp, is, by rational logic, unintended.

Is this an exploit?

in WvW

Posted by: Cake.4920

Cake.4920

The invulnerable spot is quite far from the actual camp, far enough that you cannot call it ‘defending camps’ to be pushing them back that far.

Quite far being about 10 seconds of running? At least 10+ times during the last few days did someone run away from me to the invuln spot after agroing the camp guards. Certain classes abuse it as their “get out of jail free” card and theres not much you can do to stop them

Is this an exploit?

in WvW

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

While I think it should be fixed, every server has the ability to use the invulnerable spots.

It also makes for some serious entertainment.

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

Is this an exploit?

in WvW

Posted by: Wotah.2975

Wotah.2975

Get a bloody clue. First of all, this usually happens when a lesser team is chased away from certain supply camps. While I’m ok with a point where they can rally I’m not fine with a spot that allows you to retreat to if things go bad and you become invulnerable while still able to attack.
And second, the fact that the invulnerability buff expends so far from the camp, is, by rational logic, unintended.

You know that you can attack from on top of the hill too right?

And I am sure a lot of you people don’t use the siege from invulnerable spots looking at NE and NW tower either, right?

Wotah, Brutaler [SICK]/[SG]
Plague/Shadow Gypsies
Jade Quarry