Is using an external program for advantage

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Is using an external program to gain an advantage, against the rules? Such as Eyefinity, which allows you to shoot AC in places that otherwise cannot be seen, let alone targetted.

in WvW

Posted by: kyro.8162

kyro.8162

Is using an external program to gain an advantage, against the rules? Such as Eyefinity, which allows you to shoot AC in places that otherwise cannot be seen, let alone targetted.

Im pretty sure Eyefinity is supported by anet.

From another thread:

We’ve got fixes for 3D, Nvidia Surround and AMD Eyefinity coming down the pipe in the next few builds.

I believe the next build will contain fixes for 3D, including the inability to launch with 3D enabled. I’m not 100% sure, but we have some fixes for Nvidia Surround in the works too and might even slip a couple of those in that build, too.

We’ll be continuing to hammer away and get these issues all resolved. Thanks for hanging in there everyone!

-Bill

Sanctum of Rall
New Namek [Kami]
Guardian/Ele/Warrior/Engi/Mes/Necro/Ranger

in WvW

sostronk.8167

Im pretty sure Eyefinity is supported by anet.

Any word Anet? Can I use this program to view and fire AC in areas I otherwise cannot?

in WvW

Posted by: fade.8603

fade.8603

that advantage is gamebreaking, although 3rd party software is allowed but i don’t think it is allowed to such an extent changing a redcircle to a green one

things like allowing your mouse to respond faster etc is acceptable, but to view places you cannot otherwise view except by changing some setting is too much of a hack

BlackGate

in WvW

Posted by: ikiturso.4026

ikiturso.4026

Wow anet really went down shooting. In August u would alredy got banned. They had very good policy. Arrow cart glitch is one the biggest exploits of this game and if they allow to do it im going to quit. WvW becomes absolutely stupid. Build arrow cart wrack all and GG. Wheres ur stand ANet?

in WvW

sostronk.8167

that advantage is gamebreaking, although 3rd party software is allowed but i don’t think it is allowed to such an extent changing a redcircle to a green one

This is pretty much whats happening. Defenders cannot do anything because no place is safe to place siege. Whilst the attackers seem to all have this program so the attackers have a huge advantage. Pretty much best times in GW2 since pre-Orb removal, ya know.

in WvW

kyro.8162

Thing is, eyefinity is not an exploit, it just enables people with larger screens to see more. It isn’t that much more, just enough for those with large screens to not have a asura fatter than they are tall.

Sanctum of Rall
New Namek [Kami]

in WvW

sostronk.8167

Thing is, eyefinity is not an exploit, it just enables people with larger screens to see more. It isn’t that much more, just enough for those with large screens to not have a asura fatter than they are tall.

From what I am seeing from Sanctum of Rall players, it is either a huge amount more or they are using a different external program, they can literally fire over any wall and hit the other side of the wall. Are you an eyefinity user? As I don’t currently use the program I can only go by what I am seeing and it seems like a massive advantage, but without using it I cannot be sure that they are actually using this and not something else. And to point out here, yes this is only coming from SOR. I do not see Blackgate or Jade Quarry players using this.

in WvW

kyro.8162

From what I am seeing from Sanctum of Rall players, it is either a huge amount more or they are using a different external program, they can literally fire over any wall and hit the other side of the wall. Are you an eyefinity user? As I don’t currently use the program I can only go by what I am seeing and it seems like a massive advantage, but without using it I cannot be sure that they are actually using this and not something else. And to point out here, yes this is only coming from SOR. I do not see Blackgate or Jade Quarry players using this.

Nope, but I’ve seen every side using it. Or at least it seems like they are using it, but I can never be too certain. Oh and sometimes there are some really good spots to place acs to be able to hit places you wouldn’t think is possible. Sometimes you just got to try it to see if it was legit or not.

Sanctum of Rall
New Namek [Kami]

in WvW

ikiturso.4026

= U can do stuff that other players cant do which very STRONGLY AGAINST GAMES RULE = E X P L O I T.

This is like bringing tank to a football game and firing the ball to net and try explain nothin odd about this. GW2 fair players dont give in to exploiters! u know where it leads!

in WvW

kyro.8162

Sanctum of Rall
New Namek [Kami]

in WvW

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

Eyefinity is supported by Anet, hence why bug fixes for it have been posted in the past. Eyefinity lets you see more than a single monitor. That’s the point of it. Anet won’t do anything about it unless they want to screw over practically everyone with 3 monitors (regardless of if you WvW or not).

Also, it is a bit ignorant that you think only SoR players do it. SoR isn’t a hacker haven. I’ve seen multiple speedhackers from a variety of servers, but I don’t assume everyone is speedhacking, then. It’s pretty ridiculous the amount of QQ about SoR ‘zoomhacks’ on the forum, with most due to the fact that people have no clue as to how siege can be legitimately used. It’s gotten to the point where everytime I hop on an AC in an unseen spot that I take a screenshot due to the amount of false QQs on the forums.

Also

SoR is very good at siege placement. There are public server wide siege placement workshops as well as public(assuming you are in TS) class workshops.

in WvW

sostronk.8167

I only see SOR players doing it. Never have I seen a JQ or BG players doing it in all the time I have played with/against them. Not sure why your assuming its about hacks. I just want to know what the deal is. The view range is clearly rediculous if this is a product of eyefinity. It is giving players using it a huge advantage. Id rather Anet screwed over those players rather than giving these select few a huge advantage over the majority of players. ’

Also please, with the “we good at siege placement”. I wasn’t born yesterday and started to WvW today. Ive been around a while you know.

in WvW

fade.8603

theres a thread somewhere when ppl tested with eyefinity. it showed a red circle w/o eyefinity and after using it, it becomes a green circle. If this is not an exploit… i am speechless… using a 3rd party to make something not possible, possible is fine?

supported, yes. but i don’t think its working as intended.

Supported in a sense, you can use 3 monitors to play gw2 if you want to but not changing game mechanics.

BlackGate

in WvW

kyro.8162

I only see SOR players doing it. Never have I seen a JQ or BG players doing it in all the time I have played with/against them. Not sure why your assuming its about hacks. I just want to know what the deal is. The view range is clearly rediculous if this is a product of eyefinity. It is giving players using it a huge advantage. Id rather Anet screwed over those players rather than giving these select few a huge advantage over the majority of players. ’

Also please, with the “we good at siege placement”. I wasn’t born yesterday and started to WvW today. Ive been around a while you know.

Just because you don’t see it doesn’t mean it isn’t happening. And certain spots can actually hit inside keeps/ towers, most notably to the left/right of a gate. Another thread goes into more detail on this.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Arrow-cart-shooting-10-meter-inside/first#post1497861

Sanctum of Rall
New Namek [Kami]

in WvW

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

We should all be able to fire AC’s via the minimap anyway as far as I’m concerned.

in WvW

fade.8603

unless your playing with that FOV throughout, i got no complaints. But if you set up an AC and tweaked your FOV for the purpose of hitting someplace you cant hit otherwise, then I think there is an extent of attempting to exploit.

BlackGate

in WvW

Posted by: wish.1027

wish.1027

Eyefinity doesnt let you see on top of walls or beyond them. Want to see for yourself what an eyefinity monitor setup can see? Switch your game to windowed mode, and make the window super long and small. Thats all you gotta do. Its not some huge game breaking bug thats only open to specific people, everyone can do that. The people shooting ACs on top of walls are using some kind of zoom hack program or in game exploit, as doing this does not let you see on top of them.

Allow me to show you, but please ignore the bad quality and xsplit logo and clicky noises, I forgot to turn off my mic.
http://youtu.be/N8Gyb25bKUg

Jade Quarry Warrior Strike Force [SF]
w/ an alt Thief and Guardian.
Math is your friend.

(edited by wish.1027)

in WvW

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

People keep saying its 3rd party software, but its really an AMD graphics card download that allows you to use several things using multiple screens instead of just one. Claiming that using this would be like saying downloading a better graphics driver is an exploit, or using a mouse with 1 extra button is an exploit, since other people don’t have it. Eyefinity isn’t an exploit. What would be would be software designed explicitly for GW2 which “exploits” something in the program to allow them to see more. Adding an extra screen and using it isn’t an exploit..no more than buying a better graphics card and processor is an exploit. It’s just an upgrade to the computer. Ive known some people in other games who do this to “immerse” themselves more in the game. I don’t use it myself, though I dual screen..I dual screen so I can look up guides or read the forums while playing on my other screen.

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

in WvW

kyro.8162

Eyefinity doesnt let you see on top of walls or beyond them. Want to see for yourself what an eyefinity monitor setup can see? Switch your game to windowed mode, and make the window super long and small. Thats all you gotta do. Its not some huge game breaking bug thats only open to specific people, everyone can do that. The people shooting ACs on top of walls are using some kind of zoom hack program or in game exploit.

Allow me to show you, but please ignore the bad quality and xsplit logo and clicky noises, I forgot to turn off my mic.

Actually if you watch your video, your screen gets wider, meaning you can SEE things others cannot, turn your screen to show the top of your character or something like that, and I believe that the larger screen will enable more vision inside keeps/towers

Sanctum of Rall
New Namek [Kami]

in WvW

Posted by: Thor.1756

Thor.1756

If people want to use external programs, or widen their screen in window mode, or exploit into towers, or plant spies in other servers/teamspeaks, go for it.

They clearly understand how serious and important winning a video game is, and they truly deserve every victory they get.

Jade Quarry

in WvW

fade.8603

but should the red circles remain as red circles otherwise or ACs can then fire into the area?

BlackGate

in WvW

kyro.8162

but should the red circles remain as red circles otherwise or ACs can then fire into the area?

acs dont require line of sight.

Sanctum of Rall
New Namek [Kami]

in WvW

sostronk.8167

There have been copious screenshots in these forums including comparisons between a regular view and eyefinity and its quite clear from them that eyefinity gives vastly larger field of view. And eyefinity is a program that is external to gw2 so it is an external program and it gives an advantage over regular users who are not using this. As I don’t know how much of an advantage it is and can only base of what I am seeing and a few videos and screenshots I cannot be sure how much as perhaps I am comparing some things I am seeing which may or may not be FOV hacks. So the question for Anet is, is this an exploit. I mean, people have been banned in the past for utilizing things that Anet implemented, because it was not intended to be used the way it was. The same goes with eyefinity. I have my doubts that Anet are intending to give players who use it a massive advantage over everyone else. So my question is, is it Anets intention to give eyefinity users a massive advantage over everyone else?

in WvW

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

Eyefinity is just a graphics driver that lets you use 3 monitors as one big screen (up to 6 actually).

It’s not hacking software, it’s just better, same as having a high res graphics card instead of 640×480 CGA. Eventually, everyone will have it.

If you can’t afford the best kit, I’m sorry but that’s the way the world works.

in WvW

kyro.8162

Note, regular window. The second, however was a modified screen, but as both shows, some well placed acs can hit places you wouldn’t think is possible. I am not trying to justify this, but not if a ac hits inside your keep, or in my case, outside, eyefinity/resized window may not be the culprit.

Attachments:

Sanctum of Rall
New Namek [Kami]

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

They call this tunnel vision.

Like, I could say how I only see JQ players constantly using the various blink hacks to get into keeps. Of course I know that the notion that it’s only JQ players who do this sort of thing is ridiculous, and that it has anything to do with “JQ” in general is senseless. Still, tunnel vision dictates by that which it sees. Rational is its defeater.

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

I’ll call your bluff.

Get a hold of me in game and I’ll give you the info to my 2nd account. Follow me in WvW for 15 minutes and I will show you no less then a dozen players from JQ/BG with fishy arrow carts.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

sostronk.8167

I’ll call your bluff.

Get a hold of me in game and I’ll give you the info to my 2nd account. Follow me in WvW for 15 minutes and I will show you no less then a dozen players from JQ/BG with fishy arrow carts.

Not that this is the point of the thread, but Id like to see this. In 15 minutes? I have an appointment in 15 minutes, will you be on after that. Ill add you, I have my doubts you can show me any. PM me your alternate in here and Ill add you and whisper you when I get back from my appointment.

in WvW

Posted by: wish.1027

wish.1027

Actually if you watch your video, your screen gets wider, meaning you can SEE things others cannot, turn your screen to show the top of your character or something like that, and I believe that the larger screen will enable more vision inside keeps/towers

It doesnt work like that, you would have to build several ACs in different spots all along a wall to take out the ACs on top, and you cannot see the ground behind the walls.
http://youtu.be/qdlxSvNAFTg

The problem is that ‘some’ people/guilds drop 1 AC, not even next to a wall, and can take out EVERYTHING inside a keep anywhere even remotely close to the AC. Even with eyefinity and windowed mode, this is not possible. As demonstrated in the new video I linked in this post.

Jade Quarry Warrior Strike Force [SF]
w/ an alt Thief and Guardian.
Math is your friend.

in WvW

Posted by: Yaro.3251

Yaro.3251

Eyefinity doesnt let you see on top of walls or beyond them. Want to see for yourself what an eyefinity monitor setup can see? Switch your game to windowed mode, and make the window super long and small. Thats all you gotta do. Its not some huge game breaking bug thats only open to specific people, everyone can do that. The people shooting ACs on top of walls are using some kind of zoom hack program or in game exploit.

What this video (and screenshots later in the thread) show is that you don’t need anything special, some drivers or external software. Just switch to window mode and resize game window, that’s it. Though as pointed above, it alone may not give you bird’s eye view inside whole interior of enemy towers/keeps, it may be sufficient in many cases.

Btw it actually benefits defending party more since there are elevated siege placement points from where you normally couldn’t see kitten. With resized window however you could almost see outer surface of your own gate. And then your ability to hit whatever there is is only limited by AC skill distance.

I don’t know though if it is wide-screen (16:9) specific since I don’t have 4:3 one handy to test.

Team Aggression [TA] – Golden Horde [GH]

(edited by Yaro.3251)

in WvW

ikiturso.4026

Eyefinity is just a graphics driver that lets you use 3 monitors as one big screen (up to 6 actually).

It’s not hacking software, it’s just better, same as having a high res graphics card instead of 640×480 CGA. Eventually, everyone will have it.

If you can’t afford the best kit, I’m sorry but that’s the way the world works.

-.-

in WvW

sostronk.8167

I’ll call your bluff.

Not that this is the point of the thread, but Id like to see this. In 15 minutes? I have an appointment in 15 minutes, will you be on after that. Ill add you, I have my doubts you can show me any. PM me your alternate in here and Ill add you and whisper you when I get back from my appointment.

Petee you gringo, where are you? No PM, not online. Did I call your bluff?

in WvW

Posted by: Hematuria.4051

Hematuria.4051

since an arrow cart fires arrows into the air, why do you have to see the ground that the arrow is going to hit? Make them aim like trebs

in WvW

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

Yeah it is ridiculous. I hope they ban these users. Pretty sad they still do it, even when they outnumber you.

BeeGee
Beast mode

in WvW

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

since an arrow cart fires arrows into the air, why do you have to see the ground that the arrow is going to hit? Make them aim like trebs

That works with trebuchets (catapults, mortars) but bear in mind they’re typically shooting longer ranges and stationary targets (if not a building, then a blob of people at a door, or other siege gear). For an AC to function that way it’d need to be really speedy, which I think would be horrible with the current controls.

I’d guess the easiest way would probably be to keep the targeting thingy on the same level as the player, and let it move through objects. Sort of like a combination of what it is now, and the warrior GS whirl’s targeting.

Still, by far my favourite choice for simplicity and ease of use would be applying the current system to the minimap. It’s an indirect fire weapon… I get why it goes through the ceiling and such (not needing to make all those projectiles an actual thing the game is keeping track of as they fly) but I don’t think we should have to do such weird things to fire it over a wall. Just bring up target reticle-thing, mouse over minimap to desired area, fire.

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Such GW2 window arrangements MUST be disabled in WvW. This is gamebreaking.

Attachments:

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

The possible view angels reachable in window-mode are unbelievable compared to a “normal” 2560×1440 full-screen.

PS: Both Screen shoots do NOT use any external program, it is only full-screen mode vs window-mode.

PPS: I did not and will not use that in WvW, it’s lion arch to show the problem!

Attachments:

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

Guilds are now doing it everytime they attack a keep or a tower. Will Anet fix it before its too late?

BeeGee
Beast mode

in WvW

Yaro.3251

Like barrage does. Or many other skills. Let’s force all rangers to learn basics of ballistics! That’d be fun. For the rest…

in WvW

Posted by: silverfire.2547

silverfire.2547

Once upon a time, there was this game called Counter-Strike that had a maximum field of view of 90 degrees. Attempting to stretch your viewport beyond that in either direction would start eating away at the opposite axis. Trying to stretch out the window like so many screenshots have shown would have hit a cap, and then trying to stretch it even further would have reduced your vertical FoV to maintain the maximum allowable view.

In fact, in order to get a wider field of view, you had to enable cheats on the server.

And this was a game made over a decade ago. There are no justifiable reasons why it shouldn’t be implemented in a modern game that has any possibility having to deal with PvP balance.

Mira Alluvion (Me) | Hanna Bulwark (W) | Sophie Dusthaven (Th)
[CoSA]/[WWGD] // Sorrow’s Furnace (since August 2012) US West Evening Shift

in WvW

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

Eyefinity don’t allow such exploit. But it exist a 3rd party program that allow zoom out hack with a very very far view from very high from your toon and this please report it = ban. Eyefinity is their excuse but it’s a lie. As promoting exploit is forbidden by toss I can tell you that I reported Anet already about the existence and gave the name and link of this software and they are aware of it being used. I believe they can even detect with people logs if they used it. People actknowledge using such will grant them ban : so report whenever you believe someone do use such 3rd party program and don’t believe in their fake excuse about eyefinity lol.

(edited by Titan.3472)

in WvW

Posted by: nirvana.8245

nirvana.8245

This topic reminds of of the idiom “to build ones house on sand”. Its lovely to have all these new features being implemented in WvW…

in WvW

Yaro.3251

There are no justifiable reasons why it shouldn’t be implemented in a modern game that has any possibility having to deal with PvP balance.

Yeah, even considering multi-monitor support thing argument – it shouldn’t increase your FOV relative to vertical axis. It may at most give you 360^o view horizontally but that should be it.

BTW WvW is part of PvE realm and inherits PvE balance. Another piece of design not everyone would agree with.

Such GW2 window arrangements MUST be disabled in WvW. This is gamebreaking.

Either that, or you’ve just discovered the game feature which people were using for ages while laughing at cheat accusations in a safety of understanding that it is indeed a simple feature (however imbalanced it might be) and not bug/exploit.

I’m not saying that it is or isn’t, mind you. I’m not big on siege myself and do not have much of appropriate wexp lines enabled. I just happen to know that such feature exists (for a loooong time, I might add) because I have two monitors and play GW2 in window mode on one of them.

Anyway, final verdict is a privilege of developer. Some minor, neutral, perfectly fine and even intended in their effect features may eventually end up on cutting room floor or even fall into bug basked just because they become widely known and [ab]used to the fullest.

(edited by Yaro.3251)

in WvW

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

BTW WvW is part of PvE realm and inherits PvE balance. Another piece of design not everyone would agree with.

They abandoned that concept with the latest separation of PvE and WvW.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

in WvW

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

Well they can add a feature that maning a cart is allowing you to zoom out for everyone then problem fix.

in WvW

fade.8603

don’t you find it ridiculous that ac outside the tower can hit everything inside the tower? and that the ac inside the tower may not be able to hit the ac outside?

BlackGate

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Eyefinity and the like isn’t the problem, ANet did this one themselves. Failing to lock the Field of View on the client is a PvP sin. People who can see more have a big advantage and it pays off big time with ACs. Many FPS games lock it for this reason.

I think it is fine to unlock it in PvE so players can enjoy their rigs but they should level the hardware playing field as much as possible in PvP aspects of the game.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

Is using an external program to gain an advantage, against the rules? Such as Eyefinity

Or voice chat.

ArenaNet need to ban the use of such programs to make it fair for people who don’t own microphones!

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in WvW

Posted by: Slamz.5376

Slamz.5376

I don’t think eyefinity is the problem. I’ve tried the “stretched window” thing and while it lets you see more, you still can’t zoom out enough to see everything you’d like.

There is a well-known actual cheat causing the problem.

Anet will probably have to change the way arrow carts work — if they fired actual projectiles then they could work like engineer grenades where you don’t necessarily need line of sight to your target but you also can’t fire directly through walls.

Camelot Unchained – from the makers of DAOC
A game that’s 100% WvW
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained