Jan 25-Feb 1 | SBI, TC, SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Coldviper.6794

Coldviper.6794

WvW is nothing but a numbers game. So trash talking about transfers is silly.
SoR has always had strong players during primetime, yet over night during EU hours we suddenly lose everything.

Welcome to GW2 WVW. It’s a numbers games. Period, and until they design it better this is how it will stay. Until they make guild wars about guild wars its meerly going to be a who has more people wars.

[TW]Furion Zax – The Juggernaut Hammer Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Allilliawen.7104

Allilliawen.7104

This matchup is so boring. SBI pretty much has given up. It’s a shame what so many transfers to one server can do to other servers.

Given up? Given up?? Seriously? We held our 25+ PPT for 5 hours+ today in SBIBL. I consider that a huge accomplishment. We fought tooth and nail for every inch we took, and we held it long after the zergs changed and they tried the same old tactics with the new people.

So spare me. The SBI who are still fighting are fighting twice as hard as the other servers, and it shows. The fact that SBI held for so long against superior numbers, and multiple attempts from many large guilds from both servers is what keeps me fighting.

Don’t confuse giving up with lack of numbers. What we hold is what we CAN hold.

No offense, but having your server out of t2 will help us as much as getting rid of SoR. Don’t expect too much mercy till this boring matchup is done.

Why would we take offense? We are ready for a lower tier. We are waiting for one. According to mos.millenium, we may even drop to tier 4 next week. Super lucky for us. And trust me, we don’t expect mercy. We sent your zergs packing just as easily as the SoR zergs. So forgive me if I think it is laughable that you think we need your “mercy.” :P

Ditto. Those who didn’t transfer haven’t given up. If anything those who’ve played through December and January have ceased to feel the pain of loss.

Kudos goes to our commanders and leaders of havoc groups; learning to do more with much less is not giving up; our T1 vets who chose to stay know we’re up against it.

I read a post last week where an SoR player was recalling their darkest hour. Right now is that time for us. We are few…but we are still fighting. It’s fighting on despite the odds; and winning the fights that we can win; that makes it fun for us.

Storm Bluff Isle (ED)

in WvW

Posted by: Persephone.7436

Persephone.7436

I really wanted to give SoR a good fair fight when BG left the picture and it never came, which above all is a real pity. There was a good chance without the transfers that SoR could still have won tier 2, but I also think that TC has proven capable enough as well. But because of the transfers I can’t answer that question. This matchup was broke and is now essentially pointless. A win* is just not the same as a win in the Dwhitecyclopedia of Crittanica. :p

The January 11th SBI-SOR-TC match-up was untainted by transfers. It was close that week, SOR won because they didn’t sleep and the commanders pulled night shift duty. We have all seen a “fair fight,” it’s odd that people forget that match-up so quickly.

in WvW

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

Because I was one of the many baby sitting the mesmer that sat dead next to the water gate for 2 hours. So they finally got him ressed from the outside and cheated to get in.

If they hid one legitimately that would have been fine. But leaving a dead one near a gate that nobody can do anything about? That’s cheating.

This isn’t exclusive to Tarnished Coast.

Oops, we’re not arguing anymore? :o

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

(edited by Usagi.4835)

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

SBI melted before coming to T2, that’s why we’re in T2 in the first place. The last two weeks have just been a continuation of players transferring elsewhere.

in WvW

Posted by: joocheese.6314

joocheese.6314

Score update with map? (ty to those who post the scores for those of us at work)

Sammandar – Elementalist
Pain Train Choo [Choo] – 1st Class
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: MiasmicMist.1420

MiasmicMist.1420

Score update with map? (ty to those who post the scores for those of us at work)

Attachments:

Commander Miasmic Spiritsong
Leader of Caedas [CDS] : caedas.enjin.com
Sanctum Of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Bavragor.1043

Bavragor.1043

Scores:

Attachments:

Bavragor, Sanctum of Rall
Leader of [FEAR] www.feargw2.com
Recruitment status – Open

in WvW

Posted by: rhyein.6172

rhyein.6172

To TC, you gentlemen started out as honorable combatants, but as the weeks have gone on and you have received more transfers, your players seem to be made up more and more of angry children. Players taunting downed opponents when it was 5 to 1, camping the last leg of JP’s and then taunting after you manage to kill folks etc. Part of the beauty of WvW in GW2 is the comradery, let’s not lose that and turn into 13 year olds that try and tea bag people because it’s just so “lawlerskate funnies!1.”

I wish I were talking about an isolated incident. It’s really widespread… If you see people doing it, give them a public tongue-lashing. Were going to have to shame these people until they’re afraid to do it.

This always makes me laugh. Should I come here every time I get spam emoted at when I get killed by 10+ people? Or when I go to a JP and find it camped by SoR?

I mean seriously. Get over yourself. This happens to everyone on every server.

in WvW

Usagi.4835

I actually do wish some of you would stop acting like this is exclusive to our server. So far, a few of you have actually come here to try and make a big deal out of it and shame TC and scold us. How many of us have done the same when we encounter a couple of SOR spamming emotes?

No need to be condescending!

in WvW

Posted by: moolie.5927

moolie.5927

Can’t wait to meet TW on the field again next week.

Just another careless bird.

in WvW

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

I actually do wish some of you would stop acting like this is exclusive to our server. So far, a few of you have actually come here to try and make a big deal out of it and shame TC and scold us. How many of us have done the same when we encounter a couple of SOR spamming emotes?

So now we are patronizing AND condescending?

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

in WvW

Usagi.4835

So now we are patronizing AND condescending?

Technically, I didn’t say that

in WvW

joocheese.6314

Okay folks… everyone just calm down. Every server has its fair share of trolls, cheaters and hackers. For the most part, most members from TC, SBI and SoR have behaved well, lets keep it that way.

Sammandar – Elementalist
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: casirons.2568

casirons.2568

This all reminds me of when Wendy fixed Peter Pan’s shadow.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I really wanted to give SoR a good fair fight when BG left the picture and it never came, which above all is a real pity. There was a good chance without the transfers that SoR could still have won tier 2, but I also think that TC has proven capable enough as well. But because of the transfers I can’t answer that question. This matchup was broke and is now essentially pointless. A win* is just not the same as a win in the Dwhitecyclopedia of Crittanica. :p

The January 11th SBI-SOR-TC match-up was untainted by transfers. It was close that week, SOR won because they didn’t sleep and the commanders pulled night shift duty. We have all seen a “fair fight,” it’s odd that people forget that match-up so quickly.

All three realm’s commanders were putting in some serious overtime, not just SoR. Anyways, I’ll say a few things here…

Firstly, I wish SBI hadn’t of melted so quickly after coming to t2. It could have been much more fun.

To TC, you gentlemen started out as honorable combatants, but as the weeks have gone on and you have received more transfers, your players seem to be made up more and more of angry children. Players taunting downed opponents when it was 5 to 1, camping the last leg of JP’s and then taunting after you manage to kill folks etc. Part of the beauty of WvW in GW2 is the comradery, let’s not lose that and turn into 13 year olds that try and tea bag people because it’s just so “lawlerskate funnies!1.”

I wish I were talking about an isolated incident. It’s really widespread… If you see people doing it, give them a public tongue-lashing. Were going to have to shame these people until they’re afraid to do it.

lol, kind of like this? (see pix below — I had fallen off the cliff and died and three SoR came down and did this on my corpse) ….

But yes. I agree. I think doing stuff like this is kind of tasteless.

Attachments:

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: casirons.2568

casirons.2568

Battlefield taunts are a compliment.

in WvW

Posted by: Duskfall.1296

Duskfall.1296

Being taunted from falling off a cliff doesn’t count. I get taunted like that from my own team when I do it. Try again please.

War Born 80 (full support) guardian.
“Choo” SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Skysophrenic.6378

Skysophrenic.6378

I’ve led a couple of zergs off the cliffs… laughs were had all around.

Deep Fried Chicken
[Choo] PainTrainChoo
[Envy]

in WvW

Posted by: Kerithlan.1659

Kerithlan.1659

To the people that joined us for our picnic in EB: thank you. Many /waves and /cheers were handed out.

To everyone else: seriously what else are you going to do this week? PICNIC.

Fosthe — Sylvari Elementalist
Men of Science [MoS] – Tarnished Coast

in WvW

joocheese.6314

Chicken… you always lead us into all sorts of craziness lol

Sammandar – Elementalist
Sanctum of Rall

(edited by joocheese.6314)

in WvW

Posted by: Skysophrenic.6378

Skysophrenic.6378

To the people that joined us for our picnic in EB: thank you. Many /waves and /cheers were handed out.

To everyone else: seriously what else are you going to do this week? PICNIC.

One of your thieves and Ele’s killed me

I was the mesmer that decided to “hang off” the cliff by sleeping.

Chicken… you always lead us into all sorts of craziness lol

“Ok guys follow me, follow me, grab supply, build this golem, keep going, grab supply, build these two golems… -12 golems later- Okay guys, I think that’s enough to attack Stonemist.”

Attachments:

Deep Fried Chicken
[Choo] PainTrainChoo
[Envy]

(edited by Skysophrenic.6378)

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Battlefield taunts are a compliment.

I find them intriguing personally. I often wonder what a person is thinking since their perspective is often entirely different from my own.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: Henrik.7560

Henrik.7560

Can’t wait finally to beat FA next week after losing to them while I was on CD last week, and losing to them 3 times in a row while on Yaks Bend. If there were 4 way matchups it would be TC, CD, YB vs FA, because FA hates all 3 of those servers. Fort Aspenwood were best buddies with Crystal Desert till they ruined the event, so sad, now a river of lava is between them, and I don’t think they get on good with TC either.

Back on topic, good playing sanctum of rall, apart from your mindless zergs of 50 people, i went around ganking in vista island today SoR BL, you guys are good as, you took out my 2500 power, 1900 vitallity 1700 toughness Mesmer in single 1 vs 1 matches! I was shocked when I lost to a warrior and a ranger. I wish all the people on your server that aren’t in a guild, or talking, and just mindlessly following the zergs would leave, so you guys were back where you were, almost equal to us, and with quality
Goodluck to all those skilled players, have fun in T1 next week!

Arcane Bastion [AB]
Elementalist Mesmer Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

(edited by Henrik.7560)

in WvW

Posted by: Kerithlan.1659

Kerithlan.1659

We’re honestly more likely to get Kaineng if things keep up this way, unless Fort Aspenwood stops sleeping to fight off Dragonbrand.

Fosthe — Sylvari Elementalist
Men of Science [MoS] – Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: dirtyoldgoat.5496

dirtyoldgoat.5496

Fighting Sanctum Of Lawl is kinda like trying to drop kick an elephant at the moment. They are pretty big. Losing to server hoppers isn’t really losing. In another few months or weeks they will bail to some where else and pretend they did all the work there to.

^

I believe this statement has significant merit. I want more players and coverage on the TC, but the quality of the players is extremely important as well. SoR and SBI had a real opportunity to break the monotony of this tier after blackgate left and instead ruined it. Your the biggest kid in the block but even with your new numbers your just a big fish in a small pond. Blackgate accomplished your gains while fighting SoR -and- TC. In spite of that, they are struggling to keep up with JQ and SoS, which means it’s more likely then not that SoR will be smashed to pieces in tier 1 and continue swapping places with blackgate or some similar scenario.

Quoted for truth.

Fallendruid, White Lighter, The Native Sun
PINK is the new Black
Tarnished Coast (via Tyranny)

in WvW

Posted by: Fourth.5603

Fourth.5603

I’m glad to see SoR doing so well, looks like all it took was BG to leave, SBI to utterly collapse, and a whole mess of bandwagon transfers. Looking forward to ganking you in T1.

This guy hasn’t faced our NAs. Correction: He hasn’t faced SoR.

Haven’t faced SoR? I spose if I were SoR I would want to forget that seven week period of being rolled by BG too.

in WvW

Posted by: Henrik.7560

Henrik.7560

SoR are a tier 1 server, outnumbers us by far, built of some skilled players and others not co-ordinated pugs

Arcane Bastion [AB]
Elementalist Mesmer Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Bunnehboo.6025

Bunnehboo.6025

All three realm’s commanders were putting in some serious overtime, not just SoR. Anyways, I’ll say a few things here…

Firstly, I wish SBI hadn’t of melted so quickly after coming to t2. It could have been much more fun.

lol, kind of like this? (see pix below — I had fallen off the cliff and died and three SoR came down and did this on my corpse) ….

But yes. I agree. I think doing stuff like this is kind of tasteless.

If you dont like it then dont lay there dead. I’ve had enemies dance, laugh, bow, and other things on my dead body form either being found hiding in a keep, or being caught alone running supply.

~Caedas~

in WvW

Posted by: Updayedd.4638

Updayedd.4638

Great job at Cliffside Sbi

Updayedd – Engineer Lvl 80
“I stomp my foes with a rallian flag
Rocking Black, Red and Gold I got that european swag”

in WvW

Posted by: appledainty.8127

appledainty.8127

I’ve had enemies dance on my body, laugh at my body, and steal my fireworks then explode them on top of me.

Of course, I was also a dolyak Perhaps this is a given when you charge a zerg as a miniature present laden dolyak with fireworks.

Also, it was Fort Aspenwood and Dragonbrand not anyone here, lol.

Join the yak parade! Confuse and frighten enemy zergs with your inherent greatness – or perhaps, smelliness. We know these yaks don’t bathe, amirite?

Ellehnia – Mad Pirate Ranger
Team Dolyak [KH]

(edited by appledainty.8127)

in WvW

Posted by: rhyein.6172

rhyein.6172

Tempers are flaring up a bit because of the state of the match-up, and honestly, I imagine it’s hard to find it fun on all sides, especially given how competitive the tier was when we first entered it. Regardless, I think it’s safe to say that those in TC still playing are picking up a lot of new tricks and relearning a lot of things that may have been forgotten in the weeks that we dominated T3.

in WvW

Posted by: Neuromancer.2148

Neuromancer.2148

I find it funny that people are still requesting for score updates for this match, as if theres any excitement or tension as to how itll turn out.

Apprentice Namer – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Cat Amiss.9463

Cat Amiss.9463

Better than reading about people flaming SoR for having coverage finally, or others flaming them back for smack talking us lol

Heck, FEAR posted a funny time in EB where we enjoyed fighting SBI and they come back saying we shouldnt be bragging and smack talk us

Id rather read score updates than that :P

80 Elementalist – Sykotik Death
Leader of FEAR – Sanctum of Rall
www.feargw2.com

in WvW

Posted by: Neuromancer.2148

Neuromancer.2148

Im sure you would, as you are on the winning side. Best of luck in T1!

Apprentice Namer – Blackgate

in WvW

Cat Amiss.9463

I was happy reading score updates for 4months straight of us taking second too

www.feargw2.com

in WvW

Posted by: Iohanna.4863

Iohanna.4863

So…what is everyone’s opinion on Pirate Peg Legs? #DEdefense

(edited by Iohanna.4863)

in WvW

Cat Amiss.9463

Ace was getting so annoyed with those last night lol, was too funny

www.feargw2.com

in WvW

Usagi.4835

I’ve had enemies dance on my body, laugh at my body, and STEAL MY FIREWORKS THEN EXPLODE THEM ON TOP OF ME

That is low!

in WvW

Posted by: Sylosis.7125

Sylosis.7125

So…what is everyone’s opinion on Pirate Peg Legs? #DEdefense

lmao …. knocking 20 plus off cliffs is OP

in WvW

Posted by: Azaruil.3406

Azaruil.3406

We were fighting some TC players once and one of them tried to place a consumable bomb on us. After we killed them, we stole his bomb and ran away giggling.

Aza
“I smell like pomegranate.”

in WvW

Posted by: Nodrey.3948

Nodrey.3948

Nice job SOR for steamrolling TC and SBI. It’s such a pitiful state now that WvW is officially not even fun anymore. Great Job TC for coming up with any sort of organization or planning, heck, even the semblance of working together. We get, you won. Can we move on to the next match now, where it MAYBE, just MAYBE, have the semblance of equality.

Inwitt. 80 warrior. Tarnished Coast.

in WvW

Posted by: Lanthrudar.1437

Lanthrudar.1437

TC is on the verge of giving up it seems. (shrugs) have fun in T1 SoR.

I gave up before the week even started. With SoR guaranteed to move up, SBI guaranteed to move down, and TC’s rating practically unchanged regardless of the final score, this week from a score/ranking stand point for TC is irrelevant. That’s why I’m personally using this week to check out PvE stuff (jumping puzzles and Monday’s updates), although I may pop into WvW from time to time.

References: http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA

Unfortunately a lot of people feel this way. Apparently if you face any real competition then WvW isn’t “fun” when you’re you’re not stomping everyone else and the maps all belong to you.

I guess it’s human nature to do what’s easiest, but it’s a bit sad when people do that (stop playing when faced with tough resistance), no matter the server they are on.

in WvW

Posted by: Duskfall.1296

Duskfall.1296

Can’t wait finally to beat FA next week after losing to them while I was on CD last week, and losing to them 3 times in a row while on Yaks Bend. If there were 4 way matchups it would be TC, CD, YB vs FA, because FA hates all 3 of those servers. Fort Aspenwood were best buddies with Crystal Desert till they ruined the event, so sad, now a river of lava is between them, and I don’t think they get on good with TC either.

Back on topic, good playing sanctum of rall, apart from your mindless zergs of 50 people, i went around ganking in vista island today SoR BL, you guys are good as, you took out my 2500 power, 1900 vitallity 1700 toughness Mesmer in single 1 vs 1 matches! I was shocked when I lost to a warrior and a ranger. I wish all the people on your server that aren’t in a guild, or talking, and just mindlessly following the zergs would leave, so you guys were back where you were, almost equal to us, and with quality
Goodluck to all those skilled players, have fun in T1 next week!

Pretty childish man. You do your awesome guild a dis service.

War Born 80 (full support) guardian.
“Choo” SoR

in WvW

Posted by: RoninDB.9540

RoninDB.9540

Okay, okay – you all are pretty!! Stop fighting! (on the forums)

I know, and I only speak for myself, I am pretty frustrated right now. Am I hoping SoR moves to Tier 1? You betcha. However, it is what it is. We just have to deal with it right now. Do all the servers dance/jump/laugh on corpses? Yep, I’ve done it myself to a few BG people. Do all the servers have the individuals who do things.. which, maybe they shouldn’t? Yep, it happens, no server, guild, or individual can control what another person does.

Where I understand TC’s frustration, I also see SoR as probably not having a ton of fun either. It’s not fun owning everything. I mean, it is… but it’s not. Great, I can get world completion, but isn’t the point of WvWvW to fight other people. SBI probably isn’t having a good time either. So let’s just call this a week of learning opportunities for everyone and rebuilding weeks for some servers.

Everything always comes out in the wash.

Zero Negative [ZN]
Public Relations/Inter-Guild Relations Officer
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: split.3659

split.3659

Nice job SOR for steamrolling TC and SBI. It’s such a pitiful state now that WvW is officially not even fun anymore. Great Job TC for coming up with any sort of organization or planning, heck, even the semblance of working together. We get, you won. Can we move on to the next match now, where it MAYBE, just MAYBE, have the semblance of equality.

It will be fun again once the matchups even out. It was like this before as other servers moved their way up and some moved down. Just be patient, and don’t give up against your new opponents. Each fight brings experience and knowledge that can be used for making everyone better and more coordinated fighters. Use your experience and knowledge to better yourself and others. I’m sorry WvW is not fun for you right. SoR wants to go to T1, and we are fighting for it without remorse. I do want to note that I have seen some big improvements in the coordination and tactics of the TC players. I have particularly seen improvements in [PINK]. I like to see teams adapt and improve over time, and I tip my hat to you for doing just that. All the SBI fighting to hold whatever they can have impressed me by showing true heart in the face of adversity.

Keep up the good fights, and I will see you on the battlefield.

Cortugas Thane of [FEAR] Dominatore dei Morti
Necromancer Class Lead
www.feargw2.com

in WvW

Posted by: McNigel.8123

McNigel.8123

This thread is getting heated, so here’s a party quaggan to cheer you all up <3

Attachments:

Arutha Lightseeker – 80 Guardian
Lexx Kahern – 80 Midget Warrior
Member of PiNK and Newby Commander

in WvW

Posted by: Lauren.3061

Lauren.3061

TC is on the verge of giving up it seems. (shrugs) have fun in T1 SoR.

I gave up before the week even started. With SoR guaranteed to move up, SBI guaranteed to move down, and TC’s rating practically unchanged regardless of the final score, this week from a score/ranking stand point for TC is irrelevant. That’s why I’m personally using this week to check out PvE stuff (jumping puzzles and Monday’s updates), although I may pop into WvW from time to time.

References: http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA

Unfortunately a lot of people feel this way. Apparently if you face any real competition then WvW isn’t “fun” when you’re you’re not stomping everyone else and the maps all belong to you.

I guess it’s human nature to do what’s easiest, but it’s a bit sad when people do that (stop playing when faced with tough resistance), no matter the server they are on.

It’s not about stomping everyone else. That doesn’t make WvW fun for me, or for anyone I imagine. When SBI first dropped down to T2, that first weekend, -that- was fun. It was “real competition” and “tough resistance” but we knew we stood an equal chance due to coverage, numbers and organization of all 3 of us being relatively the same.

It’s just not like that now, as we all know. And it’s been said over and over, and I don’t want to argue. I’m just saying that none of us want an easy match where we steamroll, and if we don’t, we quit. But yes, it is discouraging being stomped hour after hour, for sieges that go on for half a day against a server that is much better covered and organized and knowing you stand no chance of getting anywhere. I don’t bear SoR any ill will. I know you spend your time getting beaten too. And despite having no chance, this TC’er will continue to be a proud TCBL Defender all week.

~Arabella

in WvW

Posted by: Bannok.3152

Bannok.3152

For the record, on reset that first friday, it was nothing but the militia. who packed 1 maybe 2 maps. All of our guilds had moved on or left. Im not even sure if SF even participated more then a couple of hours each night, and thats not slander, those guys played a whole lot and needed a break. We went from militia packing first reset, and a few hours of specific guild presences at 25% capactiy, to 30 ish people on reset in one map. SBI stopped showing up about 4 weeks ago, the writing was on the wall.

Not trying to totally downplay your victory that first week, but lets be honest. Im pretty sure things would have been a hell of a lot different, heck I doubt we would have fell to tier 2.

Really though, we get it it. Bad match up, 5 days to go, no biggy.

Bannok – Dark Covenant (SBI)

in WvW

Posted by: Godsend.3815

Godsend.3815

I hear you guys(Bannok/Lauren). I agree its sucks to have to put up with the current no fun uneven match up. Unfortunately the WvW rating system hasnt caught up with the recent multi-server transfers. In due time, the heavily populated servers will eventually be matched up with each other and there will be more or less even numbers/coverage in most if not every tier. Maguuma and Kaineng are eager to join the numbers game, so we’ll have 2 tiers with the 6 most populated servers(SoS, JQ, BG, SoR, Kaineng, Maguuma) together.

On a side note, I’m not sure why SoR as a server is getting flack for our recent surge in numbers as if we committed a sin. Yes, we did get a lot of transfers, but the flack we’re getting gives off the impression like we stole something. Yes the numbers have helped tremendously. But it only really helped us get from 2nd in tier 2 to way ahead in 1st in tier 2. Not from lets say 2nd in Tier 8 to way ahead in 1st in tier 2.

My $.02

Käï | Sanctum