Usagi.4835

This thread is getting heated, so here’s a party quaggan to cheer you all up <3

Kawaii!

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

Jan 25-Feb 1 | SBI, TC, SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

I hear you guys(Bannok/Lauren). I agree its sucks to have to put up with the current no fun uneven match up. Unfortunately the WvW rating system hasnt caught up with the recent multi-server transfers. In due time, the heavily populated servers will eventually be matched up with each other and there will be more or less even numbers/coverage in most if not every tier. Maguuma and Kaineng are eager to join the numbers game, so we’ll have 2 tiers with the 6 most populated servers(SoS, JQ, BG, SoR, Kaineng, Maguuma) together.

On a side note, I’m not sure why SoR as a server is getting flack for our recent surge in numbers as if we committed a sin. Yes, we did get a lot of transfers, but the flack we’re getting gives off the impression like we stole something. Yes the numbers have helped tremendously. But it only really helped us get from 2nd in tier 2 to way ahead in 1st in tier 2. Not from lets say 2nd in Tier 8 to way ahead in 1st in tier 2.

My $.02

The only flack SoR deserves is for the patronizing and lecturing its members are directing towards its opponents that its members think is appropriate in this lopsided match up.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in WvW

Posted by: dirtyoldgoat.5496

dirtyoldgoat.5496

The only flack SoR deserves is for the patronizing and lecturing its members are directing towards its opponents that its members think is appropriate in this lopsided match up.

And gaming the system to intentionally remain in T2 for an additional week (this week).

Fun fun fun?

Fallendruid, White Lighter, The Native Sun
PINK is the new Black
Tarnished Coast (via Tyranny)

in WvW

Posted by: Duskfall.1296

Duskfall.1296

Hey when we where getting stomped by BG for months what kept me going was
“Hey at least I’m not paying $15 bucks a month to play with Pandas”

War Born 80 (full support) guardian.
“Choo” SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Bannok.3152

Bannok.3152

From some SBI, probably because some SBI went there. While alot of people recognized why there was an exodus, most feel abandoned. Having those people plus other servers migrations hit where it hurts. I guess from TC standpoint its more frustrating to watch SBI guys hop over to the already larger server in a recently comparable server strength. If HoD would have all quit, then everyone hopped over to SBI or JQ, either side that didnt get the remnants would have resulted in the same kind of feeling. Luckily, that didnt happenand allowed us to beat JQ and BG for a couple of weeks.

Things I keep seeing is not fun, this is so skewed, crap like that. We, all three servers know what happened. Make fun where you can. You cant stop people from doing what they do. You have a couple of days left to transfer if rating and tier is that important. For us, and my guild, it is a player killer mentality from Dread Lord days to perma delete matches in the death chamber in NWN. Fight for the fight, and embrace the opportunity to have a target rich enviroment. We all win and lose fight, move up and down in tiers. Enjoy it, end of story.

Bannok – Dark Covenant (SBI)

in WvW

Posted by: Yerffejy.6538

Yerffejy.6538

Yes, we did get a lot of transfers, but the flack we’re getting gives off the impression like we stole something.

My $.02

Stole something? Like another servers WvW guilds and players? hahahaha

in WvW

Posted by: Kerithlan.1659

Kerithlan.1659

I’ve had enemies dance on my body, laugh at my body, and STEAL MY FIREWORKS THEN EXPLODE THEM ON TOP OF ME

That is low!

That’s it! We’re raiding Fort Aspenwood and claiming all of their territory!

Fosthe — Sylvari Elementalist
Men of Science [MoS] – Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Godsend.3815

Godsend.3815

@Asudementio

Agreed. But i believe the flack should be directed at those who fit your description, and not the server as a whole. An orchard with a few bad apples doesn’t make it a bad orchard.

@dirtyoldgoat

When you are on the opposing side of that yea i agree with you. Not fun at all. But it has been said that SoR wants the new players to understand and get a feel for how the WvW community operates, etc. etc. I understand that a lot of ppl from TC/SBI don’t agree with that decision, whether the reason is that it isn’t needed and pointless, or it comes off as disrespect to the other servers. That is your opinion and i respect that. Please understand though that SoR wants to do what’s best for SoR in order to strengthen its community. By no means do we mean any disrespect or anything of that nature. Perhaps the tone in the words used by some gave that impression, i don’t know. I can’t speek for them. Again, whether you believe all this is entirely up to you. If not, we’ll just have to peacefully agree to disagree.

@Bannok

I see. Understood.

Käï | Sanctum

in WvW

Posted by: Serum.4067

Serum.4067

Leave it to ANET to promote the SoR server events on their FB one week before paid transfers. Everybody and their mother went there.

[AoN] – All or Nothing
Takyon Triplesix – Akasera

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Dear SBI,

I just checked the ratings and see you’re potentially against CD and Yak’s Bend next reset. Be happy. Yak’s Bend folks are some of the nicest (and challenging) players you’ll ever meet. I think you’ll find it a refreshing change from previous weeks and will likely reinvigorate your players. There’s something to be said for playing against quality opponents and I think you’ll greatly enjoy the YB crew.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Kerithlan.1659

From some SBI, probably because some SBI went there. While alot of people recognized why there was an exodus, most feel abandoned. Having those people plus other servers migrations hit where it hurts. I guess from TC standpoint its more frustrating to watch SBI guys hop over to the already larger server in a recently comparable server strength. If HoD would have all quit, then everyone hopped over to SBI or JQ, either side that didnt get the remnants would have resulted in the same kind of feeling. Luckily, that didnt happenand allowed us to beat JQ and BG for a couple of weeks.

Things I keep seeing is not fun, this is so skewed, crap like that. We, all three servers know what happened. Make fun where you can. You cant stop people from doing what they do. You have a couple of days left to transfer if rating and tier is that important. For us, and my guild, it is a player killer mentality from Dread Lord days to perma delete matches in the death chamber in NWN. Fight for the fight, and embrace the opportunity to have a target rich enviroment. We all win and lose fight, move up and down in tiers. Enjoy it, end of story.

You and your guild are all invited to our next picnic.

in WvW

Posted by: Durakone.5237

Durakone.5237

I really wanted to give SoR a good fair fight when BG left the picture and it never came, which above all is a real pity. There was a good chance without the transfers that SoR could still have won tier 2, but I also think that TC has proven capable enough as well. But because of the transfers I can’t answer that question. This matchup was broke and is now essentially pointless. A win* is just not the same as a win in the Dwhitecyclopedia of Crittanica. :p

The January 11th SBI-SOR-TC match-up was untainted by transfers. It was close that week, SOR won because they didn’t sleep and the commanders pulled night shift duty. We have all seen a “fair fight,” it’s odd that people forget that match-up so quickly.

Forget? Hmm. You must not have been paying attention (or looking behind you) during that week so I will call history to my claims. SoR had already acquired some notable guilds before the start of the week (Hel and some others I believe?) and by the end of the week many more had transferred. It was not close at all and was certainly was not untainted as you say, and thus, it does merely constitute a Win*. I’m not saying that it was most likely that TC would have beaten SoR if there were no transfers, but I do think there was a decent enough chance that we could have won to make things very interesting and entertaining. Now it is neither.

Dwhite Dynamite of the TC

in WvW

Godsend.3815

Yes, we did get a lot of transfers, but the flack we’re getting gives off the impression like we stole something.

My $.02

Stole something? Like another servers WvW guilds and players? hahahaha

Yea it’s what i was getting at. But no, i don’t think its possible to steal players/guilds. If it was, we would have kidnapped WM before they settled over at Kaineng ;P

Käï | Sanctum

in WvW

Kerithlan.1659

I’m not saying that it was most likely that TC would have beaten SoR if there were no transfers, but I do think there was a decent enough chance that we could have won to make things very interesting and entertaining. Now it is neither.

I don’t think that we would have won, but I believe SBI and TC were neck and neck in power. The three of us could have worked some unbelievable magic if given the chance. SoR may have been bigger, but not by such a factor as to invalidate either opponent as now.

There’s no love for art in this game. Tier 2 could have been art.

in WvW

Posted by: Durakone.5237

Durakone.5237

I’m not saying that it was most likely that TC would have beaten SoR if there were no transfers, but I do think there was a decent enough chance that we could have won to make things very interesting and entertaining. Now it is neither.

I don’t think that we would have won, but I believe SBI and TC were neck and neck in power. The three of us could have worked some unbelievable magic if given the chance. SoR may have been bigger, but not by such a factor as to invalidate either opponent as now.

There’s no love for art in this game. Tier 2 could have been art.

Well put

Dwhite Dynamite of the TC

in WvW

Posted by: dirtyoldgoat.5496

dirtyoldgoat.5496

@dirtyoldgoat

When you are on the opposing side of that yea i agree with you. Not fun at all. But it has been said that SoR wants the new players to understand and get a feel for how the WvW community operates, etc. etc. I understand that a lot of ppl from TC/SBI don’t agree with that decision, whether the reason is that it isn’t needed and pointless, or it comes off as disrespect to the other servers. That is your opinion and i respect that. Please understand though that SoR wants to do what’s best for SoR in order to strengthen its community. By no means do we mean any disrespect or anything of that nature. Perhaps the tone in the words used by some gave that impression, i don’t know. I can’t speek for them. Again, whether you believe all this is entirely up to you. If not, we’ll just have to peacefully agree to disagree.

First your tone and manner of response are appreciated and respected.

It’s true from my perspective the current situation simply is what it is. But to game the system to intentionally stay in a lopsided match in order to bolster your own defenses/organization/population …. is not one i would or could ever see TC intentionally opting to do. So while i can appreciate your honesty and your intentions to bolster your server if even at the expense of the wvw enjoyment (to a degree) of the populations of the other two servers in the match. I cannot say i “appreciate” it or that it is a decision I/we would have chosen if given the same opportunity.

Some servers would have no problem doing the same thing, some would.

So yes i entirely believe you and your intentions for staying in T2 another week. I still find it (without using insulting terms…) disagreeable at best.

Fallendruid, White Lighter, The Native Sun
PINK is the new Black
Tarnished Coast (via Tyranny)

(edited by dirtyoldgoat.5496)

in WvW

Posted by: sceptus.9415

sceptus.9415

I won’t lie, it stinks that we fought our way to this tier only to get smacked by a bunch of transfers. I don’t blame SoR at all for that. I have a ton of respect for some of their guilds and the amount of organization they have, even now, after the transfers. Personally, I don’t see the point in posting scores in a match that isn’t a true match and hasn’t been since the transfers. Apparently, some of you need to see the scores, and its part of your fun, so who I am to tell you how to have fun?

There is some animosity from other fronts, like how you handle yourselves on the boards and trying to taunt us by some of your posts. It really isn’t necessary. Your server has played well and deserved its position in tier 2 before any of those transfers. You don’t need to prove anything to us. Your reaction time and organization can only help us learn to be better players. Honestly, if your server goes to tier 1, I’ll be rooting for you to stay there and take it over, for more reasons than you might think.

There is one troubling thing I heard though. That the developers of this game have strong ties on the server. I mean, I guess they have to play somewhere right? Still, the information is out there that SoR learns things about the game before anyone else and has certain advantages. Can someone from SoR speak on this subject and dismiss it as some silly rumor? Rumor has it your server knew about the transfers being closed at least days before anyone else and reacted on that by reaching out to people.

Again, no disrespect here. You folks earned your place. FEAR and CHOO – love you guys. /salute.

Hern | Sceptus | Vulkus | Colbane
[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

Rumor has it your server knew about the transfers being closed at least days before anyone else and reacted on that by reaching out to people.

That would be really lame, I doubt that DEVs would fall so low that they would use inside-information.

It’s true that SoR was recruiting extra guilds before the end of free tranfers was announced and that they are now benefiting from it, but that can just as well be a coincident.

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

in WvW

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

Rumor has it your server knew about the transfers being closed at least days before anyone else and reacted on that by reaching out to people.

That would be really lame, I doubt that DEVs would fall so low that they would use inside-information.

It’s true that SoR was recruiting extra guilds before the end of free tranfers was announced and that they are now benefiting from it, but that can just as well be a coincident.

My uncles, brother-in-laws, sisters, nephews, cousins, best friend works for ANet and that is how we knew 6 years in advance that the server transfers were closing, so we were well prepared.

/sarcasm

in WvW

Posted by: Dark Revan.7634

Dark Revan.7634

It’s ridiculous that this “rumour” is even going on.
SoR has been trying to recruit for a long time and to accuse us of this is pathetic. Look at it as a whole before making comments like this, do you really think a-net would try to give an individual server an unfair advantage over the others? and what would they gain from it exactly?

in WvW

Posted by: RoninDB.9540

RoninDB.9540

I personally, have not heard that rumor. And I’ve been in the TC Vent for the past week with over 100 different people, and not one person has even come up with that statement.

Let’s just end that discussion here, since it will only lead to worse feelings between the two servers. And now of course, that ‘rumour’ is out there, I hope it doesn’t go too far.

Zero Negative [ZN]
Public Relations/Inter-Guild Relations Officer
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Foghladha.2506

Foghladha.2506

I think this week is going to be painful all around. SoR is going to be out for blood so that they can game the score to get into the #2 slot in T1. This week is going to be tough on SBI and TC. I personally wish that SoR wouldn’t have sandbagged last week. Unfortunately even though I fought to the end of the roll over trying to get SoR to jump to T1, it just wasn’t enough. If we would have pushed SBI out of T2 that week they would be fighting some folk not so overstaffed, and SoR would actually have someone to fight at all hours of the day. And TC would have become the meat in a Blackgate / Maguuma sandwich.

Now the deck has changed and the cards being delt, while better for SOR aren’t looking so great for TC. This next week you’ll likely be facing Blackgate and Kaineng. You all know the Blackgate zerg, Kaineng however you may not have met their new face. Be prepared for zerg sized spawn camping. TC I’m sorry to say but the hard road is not this week. Next week you will have a double dose of this. My advice, use this week to prepare. PINK you guys are going to have to be the light in the darkness on TC and pull your server through. You make a stand next week and your morale will be soaring. I know you guys can pull it off. But to do so your gonna have to fight a deck stacked against you.

Now SoR is not going to have easy street in T1. We will be facing 2 foes far stronger than ourselves. On top of that there’s going to be a blood war being a few of our key guilds came from Jade Quarry. Taking on your original home is not going to be easy. If you haven’t changed your tactics they will know your moves, know your tactics, and know your leadership. It will be a psychological war. While we’ve been climbing the charts, they have endured every server thrown at them. This fight will not be easy.

How well we do and how long we will stay in T1 is uncertain. The good news however is that we are making it there. After months of working together and moving toward a goal we are finally pulling it off. All I ask that if the heat is applied to us, please keep your hostilities and blame directed outward. T1 Servers have the highest catastrophic destruction probability. Blackgate to date is the ONLY server to survive a drop from T1 to T2 without completely destroying itself. For us to maintain our goal we will need to lean on each other when times get tough and not start blaming one another. Use defeat as lesson and grow from it united.

The next few weeks are going to be exciting to say the least. For SoR, for TC, and finally SBI will have a fair fight where they can start rebuilding. TC & SBI it has been fun but our time together has obviously past it’s expiration. PINK I hope to get some more fights in vs you guys this week. Gonna miss having you around next week. /salute

Benjamin “Foghladha.2506” Foley
Founder, Gaiscioch Community [GSCH] | Gaiscioch Magazine | Twitch | YouTube | Twitter
Proud Resident of Mercenary Server Sanctum of Rall | 6 Year Extra-Life Charity Event Participant

in WvW

Posted by: Obsidian.1328

Obsidian.1328

Today, about 1pm central US time, an arrow cart hack was used while TC was assaulting Ogrewatch Tower in EB. I didn’t see what guild(as I was inside) nor did I even see the ac.

Basically I was getting hit dead center with an ac while well behind the tower gate. Apparently it’s some zoom hack or something similar, I don’t know. Anyway, thought whatever TC commander that was there would like to know.

![IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/9stbog.jpg[/IMG]!

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Today, about 1pm central US time, an arrow cart hack was used while TC was assaulting Ogrewatch Tower in EB. I didn’t see what guild(as I was inside) nor did I even see the ac.

Basically I was getting hit dead center with an ac while well behind the tower gate. Apparently it’s some zoom hack or something similar, I don’t know. Anyway, thought whatever TC commander that was there would like to know.

Why is there an abundance of SoR players that come running to the forums screaming hack, instead of taking the time to contact someone in game? It would seem to me that I’d want to know all the facts before I pointed any fingers, and even then I’d do it privately.

I’m so glad our guys don’t do this. And before you say it’s because SoR doesn’t exploit/hack/whatever, you know that’s not true. We just don’t complain about it so publically, and actually try to be adults and contact people in game.

in WvW

Posted by: Obsidian.1328

Obsidian.1328

Eh…I don’t know any TC commanders, only that it was TC at the gates. I thought screenshots posts were what we were supposed to do. I typically run solo and not with our zergs, and upon asking about it in map chat I was asked to simply ss it for proof.

If you can forward me someone’s name or forum name I’d be more than happy to do it that way.

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

@ Obsidian

Just an FYI … there are places where you can drop an arrow cart and hit that area inside a tower. I don’t want to be overly specific because I really don’t want it to become the norm in every day tower siege.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Eh…I don’t know any TC commanders, only that it was TC at the gates. I thought screenshots posts were what we were supposed to do. I typically run solo and not with our zergs, and upon asking about it in map chat I was asked to simply ss it for proof.

If you can forward me someone’s name or forum name I’d be more than happy to do it that way.

There’s no lack of names posting on this forum with our account names …. Add a few to friends list and you get instant contact.

As for what anet has said over and over and OVER again is to NOT post screenshots of supposed hacks, but to mail complaints and screenshots to exploits@arena.net.

in WvW

sceptus.9415

My uncles, brother-in-laws, sisters, nephews, cousins, best friend works for ANet and that is how we knew 6 years in advance that the server transfers were closing, so we were well prepared.

/sarcasm

Please take a look at the namesake of your server. Now look at the community where that namesake came from and the guild. Next, put two and two together. You can see folks have questions about it. I did not say it was true, and feel it is a coincidence. Still, I did hear folks talking about it, and how would I even know about it if it wasn’t talked about?

[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: RoninDB.9540

RoninDB.9540

I read about the community and how the server was being named, and I didn’t see a huge connection between Anet and “OldRoar” Rall. The community of Gaiscioch mailed Anet letters asking for the server to be named, and then went there as a community after Anet did so. Not the other way around. Unless I’m missing some secret conspiracy connection? Looks like Anet did what they did to honor a fall gamer, who didn’t even play the first Guild Wars.

http://www.gaiscioch.com/tavern/special_announcements/post_32808.html

In case you are interested.

Zero Negative [ZN]
Public Relations/Inter-Guild Relations Officer
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

sceptus.9415

I read about the community and how the server was being named, and I didn’t see a huge connection between Anet and “OldRoar” Rall. The community of Gaiscioch mailed Anet letters asking for the server to be named, and then went there as a community after Anet did so. Not the other way around. Unless I’m missing some secret conspiracy connection? Looks like Anet did what they did to honor a fall gamer, who didn’t even play the first Guild Wars.

http://www.gaiscioch.com/tavern/special_announcements/post_32808.html

In case you are interested.

I think that is perfect. It will at least put the rumors to rest as just silly rumors.

[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: kuora.5402

kuora.5402

And gaming the system to intentionally remain in T2 for an additional week (this week).

Fun fun fun?

Yup, we should all get banned for training our new members and getting to know the new guys in SoR, getting ready for T1, although having any T1 server in our place wouldn’t change a thing. Totally.

¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸
[Aia] Amoria- The guild of pleasant love
¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸

in WvW

Posted by: Duskfall.1296

Duskfall.1296

I understand what you are saying. We had no heads up about free transfers closing trust me. The reason we tried to recruit so hard was in reaction to BG swarming us so much. As it turns out when people found out about the transfers closing we already had contacted a lot of guilds and they decided it was now or never and came over.

War Born 80 (full support) guardian.
“Choo” SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

I understand what you are saying. We had no heads up about free transfers closing trust me. The reason we tried to recruit so hard was in reaction to BG swarming us so much. As it turns out when people found out about the transfers closing we already had contacted a lot of guilds and they decided it was now or never and came over.

Yeah, I don’t think that Anet DEVs would cheat like that.

Just a coincidence. It happens. I wouldn’t read too much into these allegations.

Ofcourse, there will always be conspiracy theories. What would the internet be without them!

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

in WvW

Posted by: Indo.8629

Indo.8629

Will be home soon, anyone got a score update for me?

Tempest Wolves – The Sanctum
80k kills and counting

in WvW

Posted by: Sunspots.9861

Sunspots.9861

After reading a couple posts in this thread, I started wondering just how far down the rabbit hole went. SoR has been around for years at least… plotting, scheming having their way for this moment and a final push. How low will you people sink?

Attachments:

Auburn Skies – Retired- Ranger of [PiNK]
When wvw was still fun feat. [PiNK]

in WvW

Posted by: Coldviper.6794

Coldviper.6794

My head hurts so much….

Attachments:

[TW]Furion Zax – The Juggernaut Hammer Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: ghostchipz.2341

ghostchipz.2341

After reading a couple posts in this thread, I started wondering just how far down the rabbit hole went. SoR has been around for years at least… plotting, scheming having their way for this moment and a final push. How low will you people sink?

Attachments:

in WvW

Godsend.3815

@dirtyoldgoat

First your tone and manner of response are appreciated and respected.

It’s true from my perspective the current situation simply is what it is. But to game the system to intentionally stay in a lopsided match in order to bolster your own defenses/organization/population …. is not one i would or could ever see TC intentionally opting to do. So while i can appreciate your honesty and your intentions to bolster your server if even at the expense of the wvw enjoyment (to a degree) of the populations of the other two servers in the match. I cannot say i “appreciate” it or that it is a decision I/we would have chosen if given the same opportunity.

Some servers would have no problem doing the same thing, some would.

So yes i entirely believe you and your intentions for staying in T2 another week. I still find it (without using insulting terms…) disagreeable at best.

The appreciation and respect is mutual. Cheers!

Käï | Sanctum

in WvW

Posted by: Genesis.8572

Genesis.8572

I honestly feel kinda bad for SoR. They are training to be T1, but SBI has mostly collapsed in on itself, and a lot of the casuals that support TC have withdrawn. I’m not entirely sure how SoR plans on prepping for T1 against a T2-T3 casual server and a T6-T8 server that’s waiting for stabilization to rebuild. I know that there are people who enjoy face-rolling other servers, usually when there is bad blood between them. Such people exist on every server, whether SBI, SoR, or TC. But the times I have been most bored with WvW is when my server is face-rolled or when we face-rolled the map, such as when a number of SoR guilds went on blackout last week. The most fun I have with WvW is when the three servers are more evenly matched, and there is a constant back-and-forth in the balance of power between the servers on a given night or throughout the week.

If I was on SoR right now, I’d probably be twiddling my thumbs waiting for something exciting to happen. No wonder they zerg in their armies at any available opportunity. There are probably so many people on that server who are bored in WvW and looking for any action that they sink their teeth into. I mean no disrespect by this post to SoR. I just personally find face-rolling boring and holding onto face-rolled territory to be just as boring.

BTW, is it just me or is TC probably the least talked about server in the top tiers? People love talking about the top tier players (i.e., JQ, SoS, BG), the T1 ambitious servers (i.e. SoR, Kaineng, Mag, FA), and SBI gets a fair amount of discussion due to its collapse and its connection with SoR. But it seems as if TC is invisible on the map of most WvW conversations, though perhaps I am just overlooking them.

Will Hawkins (Human Guardian)
Feryl Grimsteel (Charr Engineer)
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Oblivion.9485

Oblivion.9485

Tarnished Coast – Oblivion cw[ZzZz]

in WvW

sceptus.9415

Oh man, this must have happened after I went to bed. I see Nightlight in there. Go Strike Team!

[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Lauren.3061

Lauren.3061

It’s already been said, but this is not a hack. There’s a very specific arrow cart placement that can do this (and is meant to take out inner siege aimed at gates in this way) though it’s not commonly done.

~Arabella

in WvW

Sunspots.9861

Good fights on Sbi BL!

in WvW

Posted by: rhyein.6172

rhyein.6172

SoR does this literally every day. It’s not a hack. This is like the fifth time we’ve had someone come screaming hack at the slightest thing.

in WvW

Posted by: Avenge.1478

Avenge.1478

Looks like SBI is reclaiming their rightful #2 position on T2. Congrats SBI, sorry TC.

Attachments:

~ [DN] Digital Nemesis ~ Tarnished Coast ~
Commander Guardian of Rall :: Norn Guardian
Commander Getting Hammered :: Charr Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: LieutenantGoogle.7326

LieutenantGoogle.7326

That’s no hack, play wvw enough and you’ll know AC don’t need a line of sight.
TC probably set up a AC near the gate and used the hole above the gate as a viewing point.
PS: I’m from SoR

lv80 with skills fully unlocked, warrior, elementalist and engineer
lv80 Necromancer, all professional skills unlocked, working on the final norn elite skills.

in WvW

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

I honestly feel kinda bad for SoR. They are training to be T1, but SBI has mostly collapsed in on itself, and a lot of the casuals that support TC have withdrawn. I’m not entirely sure how SoR plans on prepping for T1 against a T2-T3 casual server and a T6-T8 server that’s waiting for stabilization to rebuild. I know that there are people who enjoy face-rolling other servers, usually when there is bad blood between them. Such people exist on every server, whether SBI, SoR, or TC. But the times I have been most bored with WvW is when my server is face-rolled or when we face-rolled the map, such as when a number of SoR guilds went on blackout last week. The most fun I have with WvW is when the three servers are more evenly matched, and there is a constant back-and-forth in the balance of power between the servers on a given night or throughout the week.

If I was on SoR right now, I’d probably be twiddling my thumbs waiting for something exciting to happen. No wonder they zerg in their armies at any available opportunity. There are probably so many people on that server who are bored in WvW and looking for any action that they sink their teeth into. I mean no disrespect by this post to SoR. I just personally find face-rolling boring and holding onto face-rolled territory to be just as boring.

BTW, is it just me or is TC probably the least talked about server in the top tiers? People love talking about the top tier players (i.e., JQ, SoS, BG), the T1 ambitious servers (i.e. SoR, Kaineng, Mag, FA), and SBI gets a fair amount of discussion due to its collapse and its connection with SoR. But it seems as if TC is invisible on the map of most WvW conversations, though perhaps I am just overlooking them.

Hi, and don’t feel bad for us. LOL at the training to be T1? I don’t know what thats supposed to mean. TC is a awesome server no lie I said it before you guys moved up to T2 and was looking forward to the fight and I knew it would be great and it was. We were perfectly happy with the balance of T2 before we got some new players. And we are perfectly happy to move up to T1 quickly where we can find balance un like Black Gate who were instead trapped in T2 because they couldn’t face roll us at anytime except PvDooring us in the middle of the night. SoR has been in T2 for a LONGGG time and fought Black Gate for 4-5 consecutive months. Before that we fought SoS. We don’t need training bro IDK WTF you are trying to say. You will get to fight Black Gate next week again.

A lot of people are tired of GW2 and quit the game. Its not like it was last year. The hardcore GW2 WvW players are consolidating on TOP Teir servers. Most of the lower Tier servers are going to need merging eventually unless something drastically changes with this game. It isn’t dieing but it just isn’t what a lot of people were promised or looking forward to and have moved on.

Have fun and GL with Black Gate.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

(edited by Warlord.9074)

in WvW

Sunspots.9861

Way too early to underestimate SoS

in WvW

sceptus.9415

This is boring as all hell. :/

[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Indo.8629

Indo.8629

Way too early to underestimate SoS

Yeah, you can’t count SoS out. They came back from a 30k lead and ended up winning before.

Tempest Wolves – The Sanctum
80k kills and counting