Lag is making WvW unenjoyable and unplayable

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

I’m sure there are probably a million posts on this topic, but it is just so ridiculous that whenever there is a 3 way fight, or 2 large forces clashing, we can’t get off most of our skills. How is this fun? There is so much inconsistency as well. For example, my instant cast feedback can not be cast for the life of me, but mantra of pain, a channeled skill with aoe healing works right away as well as it’s instant cast portion. Weapon skills usually don’t work either. It’s bad enough that all my settings are the lowest and I still get between 3-7 fps in large scale fights. I could live with that if I could get off some attacks.

I really hope this is fixed in the March update, otherwise, I’m just not sure how much longer I’ll be playing this game.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

in WvW

Posted by: Esprit Dumort.3109

Esprit Dumort.3109

All said before…

But you must feel better. After all, this was just to rant to the masses.

Jessamine [SNOW]
Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

move out of the stacked servers

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

I’m sure there are probably a million posts on this topic…

So why did you continue?

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in WvW

insanemaniac.2456

So why did you continue?

sigh i knew i shouldve posted in all caps

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Since you high tier people keep saying to T8 shut up about our situation:

“STOP MAKING THREADS ABOUT HOW LAGGY IS YOUR TIER AND TRANSFER OUT TO LESS POPULATED SERVERS”

KTHXBYE

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

The servers should be able to handle 50vs50 without skill lags tbh. It’s pretty stupid that everyone is giving the players the fault instead of Arenanet. I don’t really see the point of making such small maps with these numbers if the servers cant even handle it.

in WvW

insanemaniac.2456

what the servers cant handle is 70% of the entire population squeezing into 6 servers

blame anet for that, blame the players, who cares. 50v50 is something that shouldnt exist with the population levels the game has.

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

“STOP MAKING THREADS ABOUT HOW LAGGY IS YOUR TIER AND TRANSFER OUT TO LESS POPULATED SERVERS”

KTHXBYE

It’s not only high tier servers, everyone is sick of hearing from you guys, even the people in that tier.

So why did you continue?

sigh i knew i shouldve posted in all caps

Aw, I totally missed that you posted right above me. It was so normal I overlooked it.

(edited by GuardianOMS.8067)

in WvW

Posted by: Jscull.2514

Jscull.2514

The servers should be able to handle 50vs50 without skill lags tbh. It’s pretty stupid that everyone is giving the players the fault instead of Arenanet. I don’t really see the point of making such small maps with these numbers if the servers cant even handle it.

AMEN dude.

PAXA -GM

in WvW

Posted by: Mirage.2597

Mirage.2597

Lag what Lag? 50 vrs 50 I have Zero lag 45 to 60 fps , its your putter get a new one , 100 fps in LA

(edited by Mirage.2597)

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

All problems can be solved by throwing money at it.

in WvW

Posted by: Magnetron.5823

Magnetron.5823

That’s such a bull what some of you guys are posting. Transfer to a lower tier server because you don’t want the skill lag? Are you even serious..

If this skill lag is a server problem and its temporarily then I am ok with it. But there is nothing Anet is saying about this, if its included In the march update or not, if they are working on it or not.. maybe they don’t even have time or resources to fix this problem..

I have picked my server from the start too, and I don’t want to leave it and all my friends only because the game is not working properly..

FPS is not Anets problem, that’s the users problem.. you need atleast an i5 processor to play WvW on the higher tiers.. I have In big fights 20 fps or so.

But skill lag is crazy.. your protecting your castle and then another group shows up… and im pressing pressing pressing… hmm heal doesn’t work, well lets stand behind a pilar and wait a few seconds lol

Born in the Desolation. Die for Desolation.

in WvW

Posted by: Ebony.5738

Ebony.5738

Ferguson’s Crossing = your best choice for lag and queue free wvw. give it a shot bro, invite your guild bro.

Verdánt

in WvW

Posted by: ErlendR.6107

ErlendR.6107

KTHXBYE

Checkmate ><

Lag =/= low fps
Lag is not a computer issue
Awful lag today in EB with just a couple of ppl (10 of my server and 20 enemies)

Proud ex-Kaineng T8 best server ever vs DR & FC
FC
Retired

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Ferguson’s Crossing = your best choice for lag and queue free wvw. give it a shot bro, invite your guild bro.

Eredon Terrace can be as good as Ferguson’s Crossing…
You can even go to Sorrow’s Furnace, but you will get bored easy since they just roll over with superior numbers…

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

in WvW

Posted by: DBR.9876

DBR.9876

I would like to add that this lag continues across the entire map. I was in a small 2v2 skirmish over by lake/water about a week ago trying to rejoin my guild in Bay. I heard the commander count down from 3 and the subsequent attack. About 2 seconds after they ran in, I started getting 3+ second skill lag from across the map. (as I was maintaining approximately 45 fps – same as always) I was trying to heal and my heal simply wouldn’t activate. (nor would any other skills work consistently)

To all those saying it is PC related it is not. It is server side and there is nothing that we , the players, can do about it. Arenanet should work to fix this issue as it is most definitely impacting the battles going on and the issue will become even more clear once culling is done away with.

Matthew Day – Human Elementalist

in WvW

Posted by: EndPoint.1024

EndPoint.1024

come join IOJ…we’re spacious and lag-less

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

No, don’t join IoJ… Let’em drop because HoD is bad and don’t wanna play with us… Maybe IoJ will…

in WvW

Posted by: EndPoint.1024

EndPoint.1024

No, don’t join IoJ… Let’em drop because HoD is bad and don’t wanna play with us… Maybe IoJ will…

LOL

in WvW

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

Here’s hoping I don’t finish Tomb Raider before this problem is fixed. I’ve outgrown PvE, and PvP is a bit too monotonous, I’m liking the free flow of WvW, the not always knowing what to expect (as a roamer.)

But in this modern day and age, server wide lag is simply unacceptable, and is by far the most ground breaking technical flaw I’ve ever experienced in this game. Lag makes the game unplayable. UNPLAYABLE

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

in WvW

insanemaniac.2456

This is like telling someone at DisneyWorld that to combat queues for rides you should stay home and watch a movie on tv…instead of trying to solve the reason for the queues in the first place ie adding more rides or limiting the number of people in the park etc…

Telling people to move from where they WANT to be is not a proper solution nor option. The issue is not the fault of the player hence it should not be the responsibility of the player.

My 2 cents

what the kitten

no it isnt

its like telling someone to go to the waterpark instead of disneyworld because there are no lines at the waterpark

in WvW

Posted by: Mada.5319

Mada.5319

but I want to go to disney world………………

in WvW

insanemaniac.2456

then go wait in lines instead of having fun

in WvW

Spurnshadow.3678

OP here.

Wow, really? Transfer to another server? That’s your answer?

I’ve been on Blackgate since launch. I’m not moving.

This is a problem that Anet must fix and is a problem with their technology. I appreciate all the hard work that they are doing to fix culling, one of the biggest game breaking issues, I’m just asking and hoping that skill lag be addressed as well.

As of now, I try to not play during prime time hours. As a previous poster pointed out, if there is a major fight anywhere on the map, I get skill lag no matter where I am. I’m sure most of you have experienced this if there was ever a 3 way fight in SMC and you respawned and couldn’t fire off you swiftness skill trying to get back into the fight. That has nothing to to with my graphics card or processor and I can download over 1 MB/sec on a fast server or torrents, so it’s not my internet either. It isn’t me. Everyone has this. People with awesome systems (not me, but people in my TS) can get 30 fps in big 3 way fights, but still can’t fire off their skills.

in WvW

Posted by: Moloch.8013

Moloch.8013

unbelievable… same problems as day 1…

Namtar Hakimi – Leoni Bianchi [Lion]

in WvW

insanemaniac.2456

OP here.

Wow, really? Transfer to another server? That’s your answer?

I’ve been on Blackgate since launch. I’m not moving.

This is a problem that Anet must fix and is a problem with their technology. I appreciate all the hard work that they are doing to fix culling, one of the biggest game breaking issues, I’m just asking and hoping that skill lag be addressed as well.

yes, seriously. think about moving. anet has the capacity to triple the overall wvw population without buying new servers. they dont need new servers. they need to incentivize transfers out of stacked servers.

in WvW

Spurnshadow.3678

Here’s a quote from Habib in another thread:

“I should clarify here again that the culling fix will have minimal impact on skill lag. Skill lag happens because the server too busy to process everything that’s happening (e.g. it’s at 100% CPU). The removal of culling addresses issues experienced by the client but those changes don’t really impact the skill lag situation. They are fundamentally different problems that will need different solutions.”

in WvW

Posted by: Slamz.5376

Slamz.5376

+1

Even in T4 & T5 I almost never see this type of lag. Once in a while there will be a jam-packed Stonemist battle that’s unplayable so I know what you’re talking about but it’s rare to see it at all and I can’t think of the last time I saw it outside of Stonemist.

Camelot Unchained – from the makers of DAOC
A game that’s 100% WvW
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

in WvW

insanemaniac.2456

i dont understand what that quote has to do with anything. at most, 12 servers have significant amounts of skill lag. the other 39 dont have enough people on at once to cap out the server’s cpu.