Logout Function in WvW

Logout Function in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Smoky.9724

Smoky.9724

Not a fan of it to escape ones demise.

My suggestion- It’s easy enough to use the waypoint or only being able to logout @ your spawn camp/citadel.

Discussion?

Logout Function in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Nycthemeron.7690

Nycthemeron.7690

As a casual player, the ability to return to my spot in the PvE world after time in Wv3 rather than having to Lions Gate>Nearest Capital>Waypoint for a ton of money or run means I will actually use Wv3. I don’t think I’d even consider it on a regular basis if forced to “loose my place”.

Logout Function in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Leiloni.7951

Leiloni.7951

I didn’t know that logging out got your character out of the game immediately? In other games there was a delay of 10 seconds or so where your client would be closed, but your character was still in game and capable of being hit. That was to prevent people from trying to escape death unfairly. It has to be an exploit, it can’t be intended lol.

I do agree though with the above poster that I like being able to log out in WvW so when I log back in I’m right where I left off in terms of PvEing.

Logout Function in WvW

in WvW

Smoky.9724

You wouldn’t lose your spot if you could only logout @ the main camps/citadel where you started when you joined WvW.

Wanna logout quickly? in combat, die use the camp waypoint which is free.

Edit: I agree with being able to go back to your spot in pve from wvw w/o going to Lions arch and spending monies on wp to get back to your orignal spot.

(edited by Smoky.9724)

Logout Function in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

Or just jump off a cliff while engaged in PvP; the enemy loses the kill credit and you don’t take an armor penalty either :P Just found this one out.

Logout Function in WvW

in WvW

Leiloni.7951

The only thing though is that if they do implement a timer of 10 seconds or so (and I think they should), they’d still have to find a way to prevent or detect “force logging”. I don’t know if anyone reading this played Aion but you’ll know what I mean. People did this to get around the log out timer and force closed their client which would still get your character offline immediately. So they need to make sure people can’t do that, either.

Logout Function in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Nick.3926

Nick.3926

Simple fix. You can’t log out while in combat.

Logout Function in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Nick.3926

Nick.3926

I wanted to add, you can’t log out in combat, but if you disconnect (alt+f4) your character stays in game for 30 seconds.

Logout Function in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Vacks.6459

Vacks.6459

What’s the problem here? Either way the enemy is getting rid of you. Sure, you might deny them a loot bag and might hurt their feelings a little bit, but they’ll get over it.

Server: Tarnished Coast
Guild: Ours Is The Fury [FURY]

Logout Function in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Or just jump off a cliff while engaged in PvP; the enemy loses the kill credit and you don’t take an armor penalty either :P Just found this one out.

Uh, they dont lose the kill cre….

nm, as you were, keep jumping off the cliff after i hit you.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

Logout Function in WvW

in WvW

Smoky.9724

I do like finding random bags by a cliff. Wonder how it got there.

Logout Function in WvW

in WvW

Leiloni.7951

I wanted to add, you can’t log out in combat, but if you disconnect (alt+f4) your character stays in game for 30 seconds.

It doesn’t look like that is true. The OP isn’t the only one who noticed this, another poster created a separate thread on the same issue:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Insta-Quit

So it does appear that people are logging out instantly mid-combat.

Logout Function in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: SwiftWing.8192

SwiftWing.8192

You can get back to your PvE spot by going to the character selection screen (Log out>Character Select) and going back in. You will be placed at the location before you joined WvW.

Logout Function in WvW

in WvW

Leiloni.7951

What’s the problem here? Either way the enemy is getting rid of you. Sure, you might deny them a loot bag and might hurt their feelings a little bit, but they’ll get over it.

Well because it’s cheap, dishonest, most likely an exploit, and you’re also robbing me of kill count, loot, and badges. Not to mention when you die, your forced to rez far away and then pay for repairs before running all the way back. Moral of the story, no one likes cheaters.

Logout Function in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Nevron.9413

Nevron.9413

You don’t have to log out and back in to get to your PvE spot from WvW. You can simply go to the mists in the character panel, then leave the mists from the same panel and you get the same result.

Guild – Shadow of Apophis [SoA]

Logout Function in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: SwiftWing.8192

SwiftWing.8192

I don’t do sPvP so I wasn’t aware that leaving the mists returns you to your original location. Thanks for the info. It might actually be faster to go to mists to return back to original location.

Logout Function in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Vacks.6459

Vacks.6459

Well because it’s cheap, dishonest, most likely an exploit, and you’re also robbing me of kill count, loot, and badges. Not to mention when you die, your forced to rez far away and then pay for repairs before running all the way back. Moral of the story, no one likes cheaters.

Okay, so the person logs out via “exploit.” Now he’s out of WvW and has to requeue if during busy hours. All to save on a repair bill? I’m sorry about your kill count and loot bag, but how often does this really happen?

Server: Tarnished Coast
Guild: Ours Is The Fury [FURY]

Logout Function in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Kraken.7514

Kraken.7514

Yea would be good to be able to leave WvW, and go to your original location/overflow.

Kraken – Guardian / Pretty Meris – Engineer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LGQJUaYDQD8

Logout Function in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Nevron.9413

Nevron.9413

I don’t do sPvP so I wasn’t aware that leaving the mists returns you to your original location. Thanks for the info. It might actually be faster to go to mists to return back to original location.

I don’t either, it’s just free travel to LA.

Guild – Shadow of Apophis [SoA]

Logout Function in WvW

in WvW

Smoky.9724

Okay, so the person logs out via “exploit.” Now he’s out of WvW and has to requeue if during busy hours. All to save on a repair bill? I’m sorry about your kill count and loot bag, but how often does this really happen?

Alot

Logout Function in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Suddle D.9412

Suddle D.9412

Hit H, enter Mists, Hit H, leave Mists, You are now back to where you were in PVE when you took the queue. Welcome.

Logout Function in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Kracin.6078

Kracin.6078

Uh, they dont lose the kill cre….

nm, as you were, keep jumping off the cliff after i hit you.

i was thinking the same thing…. lol keep jumpin buddy, i need more badges