Maguuma/Dragonbrand/Fort Espenwood 2-15

in WvW

Posted by: Haldunius.7864

Haldunius.7864

I feel like DB has been hitting FA pretty consistently. I think it just feels like DB is focusing Mag to you because we match DB’s coverage a little better than Mag, so you guys just feel the impact more. I don’t know though since I’m not on DB.

FA Mesmo – [VK]
Last words – “I’m going to jump off this cliff
and pull all those guys down cuz they’ll die.”

in WvW

Posted by: Mister Mustard.7203

Mister Mustard.7203

If DB wasn’t playing for 2nd I think they could actually challenge FA. That would make the match interesting.

If Mag wasn’t playing for 3rd I think they could actually challenge FA. That would make the match interesting.

in WvW

Posted by: Besetment.9187

Besetment.9187

If DB wasn’t playing for 2nd I think they could actually challenge FA. That would make the match interesting.

If Mag wasn’t playing for 3rd I think they could actually challenge FA. That would make the match interesting.

Touché.

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

What the hell? The number of times we’ve had BP start raiding our borderland while FA is running ransack on it, then looked to see FA borderland completely green. We only started going after your West Keep the last several days because that exact thing kept happening. We’re petty and would rather have revenge than points.

SW spawn should always be your servers attacking target, and ours happens to be on DB anyway. It’s so easy to start offense from there. Maybe DB should learn siege placement and go to FA BL where you have SW spawn?

in WvW

Posted by: xxxzavulonxxx.8413

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

Fact is DB and Mag have equally been awfully shy about going into FA’s BL….

[SU]

in WvW

Pinko.2076

Spawn advantage is a real thing, but I guess you can make a broad statement about whatever. America!

in WvW

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

lolwut?

That doesn’t even make sense for a reply to what I said.

[SU]

in WvW

Pinko.2076

lolwut?

That doesn’t even make sense for a reply to what I said.

It does. Priority on ease of holding/taking/bodies needed is generally home BL > Eternal slice > map you have sw spawn on.

Mag isn’t being “shy” by going to our SW spawn, it’s DB that’s being a thorn in our side by throwing bodies at their SE spawn in our BL instead of going after the advantageous one.

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

We don’t even have the people to get our own keep in eternal let alone make proper pushes into enemy borderlands.

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Maguuma has no tolerance for commanders trying to learn the rope.

This is actually true. I have 6 or 7 icons in my guild, and only 2 ever use them. Maguuma isn’t very friendly to new commanders.

I don’t really think this is something that needs to be discussed in this matchup thread, but I’m sure we have a bit to say about it elsewhere, even though apparently we are trolls that Ninein hates

Probably we don’t have enough people to venture into FA very much. Every time I hear someone in my guild talking about playing in FA it involves a giant defensive zerg running over your face if you kill too many of their yaks. With frequent pressure from FA and DB stepping in at very inopportune times, it makes it difficult to mount offensives on other borderlands. And the statement about spawn advantage is just saying that they have an easier foothold into FA than we do.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Posted by: EnRohbi.2187

EnRohbi.2187

Probably we don’t have enough people to venture into FA very much. Every time I hear someone in my guild talking about playing in FA it involves a giant defensive zerg running over your face if you kill too many of their yaks. With frequent pressure from FA and DB stepping in at very inopportune times, it makes it difficult to mount offensives on other borderlands. And the statement about spawn advantage is just saying that they have an easier foothold into FA than we do.

This, I think, is the reason.
FA defends their fully capped BL more effectively than Mag or DB do. They have more people to spare for defense.

So it’s just far easier for Mag and DB to go into each other’s territory where they meet less resistance.

Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: Ninein.4782

Ninein.4782

Yea I try to speak out against the trolls who are critical of players learning the ropes. I think more just need to speak out.

I don’t know if trolling is why people don’t follow commanders. I think most old Maguuma players are just so used to no icons that we auto pilot on what we should be doing based on that map, so sometimes icons get ignored.

That does happen especially when the threat isn’t great. But often times, new commanders are shamed and embarrased publicly so that they don’t leave their icon on. THey don’t end up leading much and learning much. The server is then dependent on the playing schedule of a few well known commanders. This is just to point out that there is an attitude issue with some players on Maguuma against newbies and it hurts the server in the long run.

Ninein
-Maguuma

in WvW

Pinko.2076

Give us Blue spawn and we’ll be D’s to FA every day. Willing to teach DB how to abuse SW if they want ~~

in WvW

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

This is actually true. I have 6 or 7 icons in my guild, and only 2 ever use them. Maguuma isn’t very friendly to new commanders.

I don’t really think this is something that needs to be discussed in this matchup thread, but I’m sure we have a bit to say about it elsewhere, even though apparently we are trolls that Ninein hates

There’s been a few times we have had the #s to throw at FA bl.

And I think it goes back to “turtling” we are always accused of. I am not trying to split hairs or anything. However, if you never make a push at the strongest server it allows them to swell their numbers elsewhere.

[SU]

in WvW

saiyr.3071

No, I don’t think it goes back to turtling at all. In my personal experience, when our borderlands turns red for any significant period of time, everyone leaves. Or at the very least, Mumble turns very quiet and so does team chat.

in WvW

Posted by: Veles.1405

Veles.1405

Mostly, but not entirely true. My perspective is that of a new commander (pulled several shifts in the BLs when I had time over the last month or so since I got the icon) and there are definitely some barriers to entry. A lot of people just want to follow the old commanders they are used to, and are skeptical of new commanders until they prove themselves. The key for me getting experience was to listen/follow the commanders I respected, figured out how they led, then once I got my icon was ready to step up when a commander needed to go get food/sleep/etc. Right now is actually a great time for it since a lot of commanders have been taking breaks to make sure they don’t burn out.

I’d also like to say that the experienced commanders have been really helpful in trying to get more newbies trained up, and when I’ve commanded I’ve constantly received pms with advice. I think we are in a perfect place to train new commanders if they aren’t afraid of making mistakes every once in a while (and the regular non-commander players can tolerate the learning process). It is rough to start out, but once you get rolling it’s pretty awesome. While Mag BL is really intimidating to start out in, it’s so much more responsive thanks to the active mumble community, which helps a lot for newbies.

All hail the Great Lord Flame Ram!
(Supply be unto him)

in WvW

Posted by: kfarb.6732

kfarb.6732

Yea I try to speak out against the trolls who are critical of players learning the ropes. I think more just need to speak out.

I don’t know if trolling is why people don’t follow commanders. I think most old Maguuma players are just so used to no icons that we auto pilot on what we should be doing based on that map, so sometimes icons get ignored.

That does happen especially when the threat isn’t great. But often times, new commanders are shamed and embarrased publicly so that they don’t leave their icon on. THey don’t end up leading much and learning much. The server is then dependent on the playing schedule of a few well known commanders. This is just to point out that there is an attitude issue with some players on Maguuma against newbies and it hurts the server in the long run.

Commanders shouldn’t turn on their icons when they want to learn. They should turn on their icons once they know what they’re doing.

If a new icon pops up and it’s someone I’ve seen play competently and offer good advice in team chat, I will follow them. If it’s someone new doing something stupid, I’m not going to help them, but I’ll whisper them politely later explaining why it didn’t work. We had a commander trade an upgraded east keep in an enemy BL for a paper SE tower. I whispered him on why that’s a terrible idea and he ignored it. He became the laughing stock of the server and he no longer uses his icon, so mission accomplished.

Maguuma – considered by many to be the best

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

erm, so what about the 45 + NNK every night, the ninja golemrush attempts from MAG at garrison and hills and on reset nights we normally have both of u in our bl.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

(edited by selan.8354)

in WvW

Posted by: idari.4273

idari.4273

Imho, isn’t about being friendly or not. It’s more about adapt to Maguuma playstyle.

My guild came to mag like 5 weeks ago and instantly noticed about how Mag coordination works and choose to turn off our icons because aren’t necessary. Mag doesn’t need a commander leading pugs if he isn’t on voice comm.

[Ark] Idari Kun
Maguuma

in WvW

selan.8354

Commanders shouldn’t turn on their icons when they want to learn. They should turn on their icons once they know what they’re doing.

erm, that doesn’t make sense whatsoever! How can a commander practice being a commander with out having a tag on that attracts not only his guildmembers, but also pugs?

We have a couple of commanders, that where new, but really good players and our community seems to feel at ease when they see commander icons in BL. Now i agree in EB, it gets a little crazy as there are like 4 to 8 commanders on and some of them i wouldn’t follow, because i don’t really know them. If i don’t wanna follow them just join a commanders squad or do whatever u like. Let them have their tag. Tag doesn’t mean to blindly follow.

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Ninein.4782

Imho, isn’t about being friendly or not. It’s more about adapt to Maguuma playstyle.

My guild came to mag like 5 weeks ago and instantly noticed about how Mag coordination works and choose to turn off our icons because aren’t necessary. Mag doesn’t need a commander leading pugs if he isn’t on voice comm.

This would be the case if we were in T4 or lower or when we were Mag 2.0 on the way up the ladder. But against organized teams with overwhelming numbers who use zerg busting tactics, yea you need a commander for better coordination.

Ninein
-Maguuma

in WvW

saiyr.3071

erm, that doesn’t make sense whatsoever! How can a commander practice being a commander with out having a tag on that attracts not only his guildmembers, but also pugs?

We have a couple of commanders, that where new, but really good players and our community seems to feel at ease when they see commander icons in BL. Now i agree in EB, it gets a little crazy as there are like 4 to 8 commanders on and some of them i wouldn’t follow, because i don’t really know them. If i don’t wanna follow them just join a commanders squad or do whatever u like. Let them have their tag. Tag doesn’t mean to blindly follow.

While I agree that that sentence isn’t right, I think his real point was that when people new to WvW come in with icons and are very assertive in what they’re doing, even when it’s plainly a bad move, they’re doing it wrong. I’ve seen a few of these guys pop out of the woodwork and it’s really annoying. You don’t need to preach to us that we don’t need to blindly follow icons because we usually don’t, but there are almost always people who do follow icons blindly, and that is a net loss for us. New commanders need to admit that they are new and be willing to take advice, and they also need to not be so unknown to the WvW population to at least inspire some amount of confidence. For example, Montzor from NOVA is a pretty new commander, but I’ve seen him around so long that I know he’s at least a reasonable person. Some of the others? Not so much.

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

Yeah the server who is outmanned on eternal at 10 pm eastern time could totally challenge the almost tier 2 server. Get real

in WvW

kfarb.6732

We have a public mumble, and the regulars in there are known. They know what they’re doing. If any of them got an icon I would follow them. When a newbie shows up with an icon, they should know what to do too. It’s quite easy to command through a public voip without an icon, or offer advice or ideas through it that will be effective. Turning on the icon only comes into play when you need pugs to follow you for extra supply or meatshields. If some new random shows up and doesn’t know what they’re doing, I’ll simply ask them to turn off their icon until they learn.

As I said, if they’re doing good work, I’ll follow. If not, and if they don’t appreciate any criticism, then they can continue to wipe doing something terribly dumb.

in WvW

Posted by: Bunzy.8674

Bunzy.8674

Speaking of Commander Talk… Someone should buy me one :L
Commander Bunzy!

Bunzy – I’m a mother father gentleman
Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Commander Bunzy!

For all those times you like to run in zergs. Oh wait… :P

in WvW

Ninein.4782

While I agree that that sentence isn’t right, I think his real point was that when people new to WvW come in with icons and are very assertive in what they’re doing, even when it’s plainly a bad move, they’re doing it wrong. I’ve seen a few of these guys pop out of the woodwork and it’s really annoying. You don’t need to preach to us that we don’t need to blindly follow icons because we usually don’t, but there are almost always people who do follow icons blindly, and that is a net loss for us. New commanders need to admit that they are new and be willing to take advice, and they also need to not be so unknown to the WvW population to at least inspire some amount of confidence. For example, Montzor from NOVA is a pretty new commander, but I’ve seen him around so long that I know he’s at least a reasonable person. Some of the others? Not so much.

There were many time I’ve followed good commanders even when I disagreed with their tactics. Sometimes the bad tactics actually works out, other times it doesn’t. The converse of your statement is that sometimes, people want to do things their way and split off with the commander. What ends up happening is that the commander can’t field a full force to make their tactic work. There’s going to be differing oppinions on how things can get done and the commander has a purpose to get everyone going the same direction. I feel like if everyone does blindly follow the new commanders like they do the good commanders they may actually succeed with the “bad” tactics.

Ninein
-Maguuma

in WvW

kfarb.6732

Bunzy, I asked you weeks ago how far you were from an icon and you said you didn’t want one. I’ll put up 5g.

in WvW

kfarb.6732

I feel like if everyone does blindly follow the new commanders like they do the good commanders they may actually succeed with the bad tactics.

I can’t tell if you think this is good or bad. It would reinforce bad tactics. That is bad.

in WvW

Posted by: Bunzy.8674

Bunzy.8674

Commander Bunzy!

For all those times you like to run in zergs. Oh wait… :P

Sometimes we need numbers to soak up the AOE damage.
Operation Human Shield

Bunzy – I’m a mother father gentleman
Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

in WvW

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

I feel like if everyone does blindly follow the new commanders like they do the good commanders they may actually succeed with the bad tactics.

I can’t tell if you think this is good or bad. It would reinforce bad tactics. That is bad.

What he’s saying is somewhat how our known commanders who have had the icons since they were available or soon after grew in command ability. None of us knew anything about each other then and we did some crazy stuff in our squads, much of which was obviously a horrible idea…then a keep or map later..

The most solid way to build a team is to get into the action and blow stuff up. I can agree that if someone is consistently being an idiot and wasting our resources then they need to be fired, but let an aspiring commander try to command once or twice first, since we don’t care so much about winning or so we say in these threads.

Kash
NSP

in WvW

Pinko.2076

Y’all should take all the commander talk to our forum. This thread is liable to get locked based on history, losing all of our precious posts.

in WvW

Ninein.4782

Of course this is not a swipe at the existing commanders as you guys have a lot on your shoulder and your stress level is much higher then the average player. Your effort in leading the server is much appreciated. Just pointing out how difficult it is for new commanders to learn on Maguuma.

Ninein
-Maguuma

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Y’all should take all the commander talk to our forum. This thread is liable to get locked based on history, losing all of our precious posts.

Agreed with this, which is what I was saying earlier~

in WvW

Pinko.2076

We would listen to you more if you had an icon.

in WvW

saiyr.3071

We would listen to you more if you had an icon.

Wow, rude. I quit this game forever.

in WvW

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

I agree completely with this, I was just pointing out that not everyone is as reasonable as you.

However, I don’t want to cause any drama. I was just pointing it out.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

in WvW

Posted by: Sir William PD.9615

Sir William PD.9615

How many commanders are on FA? In all the screenshots and in-game I never see less than 3. Maguuma has periods of hours where we have 0 or 1.

When everyone has an icon, is it just a status thing at that point? I mean I’ve seen seen d/d eles with icons, which has got to be the most useless class to have an icon on.

We all have CMDR icons, we just trade off who has it active. When we have a troll in our /team or /map we kill them, skin them and then hang them up from the gate of Garrison.

-Thoryn Stormbrew, Dolyak Slayer
Purple Dragons – Fort Aspenwood
www.purpledragons.net

in WvW

Posted by: Truearrow.3527

Truearrow.3527

Ambush Maguuma style. Ya Dig? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9YPxEku1Gg since the first post got infracted. Dont know why they showed up a second time at the same door but thanks for the badges.

Embrace the Evil [TIE][PYRO] Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: IRSyKo.5843

IRSyKo.5843

Ambush Maguuma style. Ya Dig? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9YPxEku1Gg since the first post got infracted. Dont know why they showed up a second time at the same door but thanks for the badges.

Looks like you killed 6 or 7 guys with like 7 ballistas and 5 arrow carts.

Good job

Through discipline, we prevail.
[BT]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

saiyr.3071

A ballista for every invader! No invader left behind!

in WvW

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

Good job

It’s a true test of our skill to be patient enough to wait on only 6-7 people to chew through garrison gate before using all of that fire power.

Kash
NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Truearrow.3527

Truearrow.3527

Good job

Yeah we learned it from FA. What is the lesson? There is NO overkill, only kill. Seeing you guys do things like bringing Omegas to a garrison that you know is defended by 6 people, waiting till the wee hours of the morning to bring 40+ people to our BL for PVDoor, indeed, good job. The whole point of the video, which you seemed to have missed is WHY would you come back the second time to a door that you know is a meat grinder?

Embrace the Evil [TIE][PYRO] Maguuma

(edited by Truearrow.3527)

in WvW

Posted by: IRSyKo.5843

IRSyKo.5843

Good job

Yeah we learned it from FA. What is the lesson? There is NO overkill, only kill. Seeing you guys do things like bringing Omegas to a garrison that you know is defended by 6 people, waiting till the wee hours of the morning to bring 40+ people to our BL for PVDoor, indeed, good job. The whole point of the video, which you seemed to have missed is WHY would you come back the second time to a door that you know is a meat grinder.

There are people who play who are located all over the world.

Do you think we at FA are happy about NNK golem rushing everything at 7 AM with 60 people?

You are talking to the wrong guy anyway, I play NA primetime.

Through discipline, we prevail.
[BT]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

selan.8354

Yeah i know what u mean. we had a bunch of commanders, that didn’t know what they were doing. one was trying to take bluelake for over 45 minutes and attracted most of our people on the map. meanwhile garrison got golemrushed twice and only 3 people were defending it(Thank god there are superior arowcarts, so we were able to pushem off). When addressing commander to lay ff that tower, the response was, well go and buy a badge then if u want people to listen.

there will always be some commanders that have a big chip on their shoulder, but don’t know what they are doing. But or community has adjusted well and people recognize the good ones. Community ts,vent or mumble will be helpful with that too

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Haldunius.7864

Haldunius.7864

Score and map update pls?

FA Mesmo – [VK]
Last words – “I’m going to jump off this cliff
and pull all those guys down cuz they’ll die.”

in WvW

kfarb.6732

What he’s saying is somewhat how our known commanders who have had the icons since they were available or soon after grew in command ability. None of us knew anything about each other then and we did some crazy stuff in our squads, much of which was obviously a horrible idea…then a keep or map later..

The most solid way to build a team is to get into the action and blow stuff up. I can agree that if someone is consistently being an idiot and wasting our resources then they need to be fired, but let an aspiring commander try to command once or twice first, since we don’t care so much about winning or so we say in these threads.

The good commanders didn’t have icons before they were commanding.

Sure, let them try. When did I say not to? If they’re not receptive to learning, then let them continue to die on their own. Not sure where all this confusion is coming from.

in WvW

Posted by: John Widdin.9618

John Widdin.9618

Well… kitten. Thank you for at least having a sit with me before murdering me, Norn of Balthazar’s Army.

Aspen 193,283 330
Dargonbrand 136,483 + 235
Magawesome 113,410

Attachments:

Zachary ~ Mesmer/ John Widdin ~ Warrior/ Zazmataz ~ Engineer
Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

(edited by John Widdin.9618)

in WvW

selan.8354

Good job

Yeah we learned it from FA. What is the lesson? There is NO overkill, only kill. Seeing you guys do things like bringing Omegas to a garrison that you know is defended by 6 people, waiting till the wee hours of the morning to bring 40+ people to our BL for PVDoor, indeed, good job. The whole point of the video, which you seemed to have missed is WHY would you come back the second time to a door that you know is a meat grinder?

so u were whispering our commander. In fact we didn’t know how many were in there and built the golem way before. Our commander told us in ts that one of u guys was whisperin him and telling him off.Erm, u know that you are wayyyyy over exaggerating when saying 40+. I run with PRO, AVTR and uA all the time and have not seen a 40+ vs 6 yet apart from AVTR frighting a zerg of 40+NNK.When the thing with the omega happened we were around 20.

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Stigmatized.1672

Stigmatized.1672

Saving Garrison 0:40, phew i have to run a lot thanks to [RET] [GODS] [AXE] and all who answered the call.

[RB] Commander Tyrion Delos Bravos – Condi/Tank Mesmer – Fort Aspemwood