Maguuma/Dragonbrand/Fort Espenwood 2-15

in WvW

Posted by: Saweth You Him.9047

Saweth You Him.9047

This match has eroded away into boring. There are a couple times during the day were big strategic decisions can be made or there are marginal battles to be fought. Otherwise the only thing left to fight is the new harvest of lousy commanders on FA.

so sayeth the great innuendo

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

This match has eroded away into boring. There are a couple times during the day were big strategic decisions can be made or there are marginal battles to be fought. Otherwise the only thing left to fight is the new harvest of lousy commanders on FA.

You should get an icon to combat this great evil.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Saweth You Him.9047

You should get an icon to combat this great evil.

I could but I have 4 other levels 80s to gear up with multiple sets and other things I’d rather do. If I did have a tag my group would become infamous and armies would be fielded to oppose me and the stretch of waste to become before me. The game would be remade in my image. I’d rather toss a bit of tinsel here or there that eventually turns into 5k points.

Infamous is a bit strong. Notorious is a better word.

(edited by Saweth You Him.9047)

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Gear is for lamers, I played with greens and yellows for the longest time

in WvW

Saweth You Him.9047

Gear is for lamers, I played with greens and yellows for the longest time

I still play with greens and yellows when running certain specs: But orange makes the playing field level: And pink or magenta is just unfortunate.

in WvW

Posted by: arminius.5270

arminius.5270

If DB wasn’t playing for 2nd I think they could actually challenge FA. That would make the match interesting.

If Mag wasn’t playing for 3rd I think they could actually challenge FA. That would make the match interesting.

We don’t have the numbers to challenge FA, I think DB could. If DB played to win the match would be alot closer overall. However, they seem to like to play for 2nd.

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Some delicious action on Mag BL tonight, I liked wiping DICE and their alpha and omega in NE tower, and the long fight for our NW tower back. And the DB AoN-wannabes.

in WvW

Posted by: Teamkiller.4315

Teamkiller.4315

If DB wasn’t playing for 2nd I think they could actually challenge FA. That would make the match interesting.

If Mag wasn’t playing for 3rd I think they could actually challenge FA. That would make the match interesting.

We don’t have the numbers to challenge FA, I think DB could. If DB played to win the match would be alot closer overall. However, they seem to like to play for 2nd.

Not particularly. DB can barely hold its own during the daytime. They get really strong in about 5AM-early afternoon (eastern time) when their asian guilds like NNK log on, but otherwise they’re on mag’s level for most of the rest of the day, and only because we are focusing you guys more than them (it’s not like they actually try to take SMC during the daytime like you guys, LOL)

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

DB doesnt have to really play for 2nd, they are by default of off hour population. NA prime, DB is the weakest of the three servers, imo.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

I really hope you fotm confusion mesmers get a swift kick in the nuts come patch day. It’s going to really kitten me off if the overpowered ele build gets nerfed but the even more overpowered mesmer build goes untouched.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

I really hope you fotm confusion mesmers get a swift kick in the nuts come patch day. It’s going to really kitten me off if the overpowered ele build gets nerfed but the even more overpowered mesmer build goes untouched.

ran into AVTR a couple of times huh?XD

oh and me of course as i run with them sometimes too.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

dreztina.4820

ran into AVTR a couple of times huh?XD

oh and me of course as i run with them sometimes too.

More like ran into ANY mesmer lately considering kitten near all of them are running confuse now.

Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: kfarb.6732

kfarb.6732

Better pack a cleanse!

Maguuma – considered by many to be the best

in WvW

Posted by: NitrousIgnition.7862

NitrousIgnition.7862

Here’s a score update from your friendly [HOPE] guild on FA (taken inside DB’s Hills)

Attachments:

Commander Pyre Rytlock
Co-Leader of Order of Champions [HERO]
Fort Aspenwood – www.gw2hero.enjin.com

in WvW

Posted by: Mister Mustard.7203

Mister Mustard.7203

Esse quam videri, my friend. *If we had the numbers to challenge FA, we would. *

I’m trying to think of any sort of reason why we, or anyone else, would intentionally sandbag not only a week, but a couple of months against the same opponents. It just doesn’t make sense, does it?

in WvW

Posted by: Kinglette.4906

Kinglette.4906

Avatar Dynasty has no fotm mesmers we just have a lot of mesmers and the confusion build might be because of Kylia?
But im not sure if we have as many mesmers as OG has DDeles and thieves?
Find something fun to play and kill people.

80 Guardian, 80 Warrior, 80 Thief
[AVTR] FA

in WvW

dreztina.4820

I don’t even care about AVTR. I think I’ve killed most of the mesmers in that guild. I care that it’s a completely broken build that dominates small scale fighting more than anything else in the game. There’s a reason there was a thread asking for it to be nerfed with hundreds of replies and no one disagreeing except the mesmers.

Maguuma

in WvW

dreztina.4820

Removing this, talked to someone in PRO.

Maguuma

(edited by dreztina.4820)

in WvW

Posted by: Waking.6052

Waking.6052

I care about AVTR

Guardian Commander “The Lord Saves”
Mesmer Commander “The Lord Knows”
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: IRSyKo.5843

IRSyKo.5843

I care about AVTR too.

Through discipline, we prevail.
[BT]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

i’m best mesmer, and i think they should make confusion damage the same as spvp.

the underwater trident is also op as kitten now, i’ll be surprised if it doesnt get nerfed next patch.

in WvW

Posted by: Beyondthelol.9504

Beyondthelol.9504

I care about AVTR, because usually when i see one theres 14 more that have yet to cull and i know to get the hell out of there

Aramir Hellforge
Terror [TG]
Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: NitrousIgnition.7862

NitrousIgnition.7862

A quick little video from our side (FA) when we got wiped by mag after ninja-ing bay earlier this evening. We went out valiantly. It was hilarious. Good fights tonight from both DB and Mag.

Commander Pyre Rytlock
Co-Leader of Order of Champions [HERO]
Fort Aspenwood – www.gw2hero.enjin.com

in WvW

Posted by: Waking.6052

Waking.6052

Hey, TG. Are you the TG that was hanging out in FA BL tonight? Drgn enjoyed fighting you.

Guardian Commander “The Lord Saves”
Mesmer Commander “The Lord Knows”
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: xxxzavulonxxx.8413

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

New nick for FA… Farmed Aspenwood

[SU]

in WvW

Posted by: Folk.2093

Folk.2093

well this is what happens when a uA, PRO and AVTR gets together, takes off gear and builds a forest….well we dont do flameram forests though…

and yes it went alllll the way to our spawn

Uhh I’m not giving you anymore siege ><

in WvW

Posted by: Skapocalypse.5236

Skapocalypse.5236

This matchup has officially run it’s course and has become just plain boring now. I don’t know if I can take another week of this matchup it’s just the same thing every day

- 12AM-5 AM EST FA makes the maps green
- 6AM-12PM EST DB makes the maps blue
- 1PM-7PM EST Mag takes back there stuff and pushes both servers and for a while the battle is even.
- 8-11 PM EST FA wakes up and starts taking the majority of the map while Mag goes to bed and DB starts to trail off.

It’s like clockwork now. Something needs to change.

Skapocalypse/SkaP

in WvW

Posted by: Folk.2093

Folk.2093

This matchup has officially run it’s course and has become just plain boring now. I don’t know if I can take another week of this matchup it’s just the same thing every day

- 1PM-7PM EST Mag takes back there stuff and pushes both servers and for a while the battle is even.
- 8-11 PM EST FA wakes up and starts taking the majority of the map while Mag goes to bed and DB starts to trail off.

Lets find a way to spice up our relationship!

in WvW

Posted by: Skapocalypse.5236

Skapocalypse.5236

Lets find a way to spice up our relationship!

Unfortunately the only way it spices up is if FA loses a bunch of people or Mag/DB gain a ton of people. Both equally unlikely to happen with paid transfers. We all have to face facts and realize this will be the matchup for the next 2-4 weeks until one server just plain gives up and tanks the entire week to get out of the tier and then they will be back in the tier after they face roll tier 4. It’s going to be a very boring month of WvW.

Skapocalypse/SkaP

in WvW

dreztina.4820

Ya, it’s a pretty lame tier. My only hope for the future of wvw here is that eventually FA and DB get tired of being zerg servers and start actually doing roaming pvp and maybe eventually learn how to compete.

Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Farout.8207

Farout.8207

Ya, it’s a pretty lame tier. My only hope for the future of wvw here is that eventually FA and DB get tired of being zerg servers and start actually doing roaming pvp and maybe eventually learn how to compete.

Learn how to compete??? Maybe I forgot the score but I thought Mag was in 3rd. Sounds like you guys should learn to work together more, then maybe you could “learn how to compete.”

~ Cleetus

in WvW

Posted by: John Widdin.9618

John Widdin.9618

He’s right, I should learn to run off one hour of sleep.

Zachary ~ Mesmer/ John Widdin ~ Warrior/ Zazmataz ~ Engineer
Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

in WvW

Farout.8207

I think Mag is a good server that brings some good fights, but OG talks so much trash and all I ever see is their backs as they are running away. If they learned to work WITH the rest of the server they might contribute to something other than the forum wars.

~ Cleetus

in WvW

Posted by: Commisar.8695

Commisar.8695

I think Mag is a good server that brings some good fights, but OG talks so much trash and all I ever see is their backs as they are running away. If they learned to work WITH the rest of the server they might contribute to something other than the forum wars.

I actually can’t count the number of times OG’s ran into a keep to farm the enemy and somewhat helped us defend. And I think jaeger has a picture of bunzy sitting on seige one time, though they’re pretty useless and enjoy camping the south if you ‘tell them where the fight is at’ they show up in a heartbeat, even if it’s 5v30 at the time.

Colhearthlevel80ThiefWithAPet/BearhearthThe BoldLevel55BubbleTank/TushyhearthLevel18 CloneRPBot.

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

Learn how to compete??? Maybe I forgot the score but I thought Mag was in 3rd. Sounds like you guys should learn to work together more, then maybe you could “learn how to compete.”

FA relies on superior numbers way too much. From defense, offense, down to individual builds. It’s no skin off our back, but FA keeps jabbering about t2 this, t2 that. You guys still have a lot of room for improvement.

in WvW

Posted by: Efface.8460

Efface.8460

broken record much?

in WvW

Posted by: Setsunayaki.4907

Setsunayaki.4907

Score Update. Sorry for the resolution

http://www.smashmybrain.com/gwss/gw859.jpg

Here is the attachment of the same thing:

Attachments:

(edited by Setsunayaki.4907)

in WvW

Posted by: Daoshi.7618

Daoshi.7618

OG talks so much trash and all I ever see is their backs as they are running away

Oh? That must be either;

a) You’re surrounded by really awesome players in a totally skilled zergball.

or

b) We’re stringing you out from said zergball so we can kill you when you get that amazing sense of self confidence by outnumbering the enemy you rush forward when your friend have decided not to bother chasing.

Face it, you love us. We tickle you in all the right places.

[SWaG] [ME] Xïü / Xïu / Xiezhi The Immortal
Human Warrior / Asura Guardian ( SPvP / TPvP r40 ) / Charr Guardian
Maguuma

in WvW

selan.8354

well this is what happens when a uA, PRO and AVTR gets together, takes off gear and builds a forest….well we dont do flameram forests though…

and yes it went alllll the way to our spawn

Uhh I’m not giving you anymore siege ><

hahaha that wasnt my siege it was jet

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Setsunayaki.4907

Setsunayaki.4907

I like finding you in the field (Maguma’s OG guild) but you play dirty. We started looking for you because you made claims about how you could win in even fights. Last time we encountered you we sat two of our players down so you could have a squared-even fight. When your health started getting low, you tried to gank the players that were sitting down that were not fighting directly with you.

The fact remains that good or bad, your server’s score was wiped out.

I am not doing some “oh yeah, we pwn you all”, considering we could go to another tier and lose out, to be zapped back to the same tier as you. Guess what, it already happened and the players here agree those fights were a million times better than encounters with you.

Sure you have your good guilds and all, but the fact remains you aren’t doing your server favors in the way you play. It might be laughs when you stealth gank players across the field, but it doesn’t translate to the PP your server needs.

You do know that Thursday nights guilds across the three servers in the tier set up the vs combat between 2v2s and 5v5s in WvW. You could find some fun there on the field, rather than roaming, cause it really hurts your group when one of you die and the others still are on the field. Trust me, I know how it feels.

I am on FA itself, but we are all gamers here and some of us here like small, structured groups and I always look for good 5v5s out there on the field. Its not always a zergball.

Well, have fun.
See you on the field.

Edit: Edited for clarity and to be specific.

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Posted by: Zoel.9154

Zoel.9154

why are you playing wvw? you don’t like it.

i mean essentially what you’re saying is “I don’t like comps and builds based on groups or playing with too many people”

spvp is out there to play with minimal pre-investment.

e: also, original quote, stop looking at the score. You’re complaining about always having good fights in your prime. what?

Zoel – GM of [coVn]

in WvW

Farout.8207

FA relies on superior numbers way too much. From defense, offense, down to individual builds. It’s no skin off our back, but FA keeps jabbering about t2 this, t2 that. You guys still have a lot of room for improvement.

I am no fan of the FA forum or battlefield tactics either as I am personally on DB, but hearing people on the 3rd place server telling us to “learn to compete” over and over is just humorous to me.

I would be happy if FA went to tier 2 but I am afraid we are stuck with them for a while. But even if they move up and TC moved down to join us it will be pretty much the same deal. Same goes for you guys, if you move down to tier 4 you will dominate and the match will get stale. Both DB and Mag are in a pretty crappy spot. Overpowered servers above us and underpowered below.

~ Cleetus

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

I am no fan of the FA forum or battlefield tactics either as I am personally on DB, but hearing people on the 3rd place server telling us to “learn to compete” over and over is just humorous to me.

Why? Points don’t prove anything unless DB/FA are the last people in this game to hear the news about how to win WvW.

in WvW

selan.8354

this is not true, before we had the transfers, we stayed in this tier vs TC and YB and CD and eventhough we lost we worked really hard. We had only enough numbers to cover 1.5 maps. I do’t understand why everyone has to always whine about numbers, u guys have way more numbers than we had when we moved to tier 3!PRO was pretty much the only guild that was staying up at night and we barely slept as whenever we left everything got lost.
We were beong trolled soo much that TC even made a guild called [FA} good luck in tier 4. Cd had superior numbers aswell.
I see peole cry if we build 1 omega to take a keep, now imagine 3 omegas and 2 alphas vs wooden tower
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUzJBhIr9RU&list=PLqbVYxfA89UMv5OSa94FHbA2raTSkQIig&index=52

if u guys were in our shoes when we faced CD and TC at the same time, I think u all would have ragequit the game. we wer in tier 3 for weeks and weeks and weeks and didnt have any nightcapping 600 ppt like NNK. a lot of people were tired of being outmaned. before the transfers we were outmanned in eb EVERYtime i logged in there.

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Ya, it’s a pretty lame tier. My only hope for the future of wvw here is that eventually FA, DB and Mag get tired of being zerg servers and start actually doing roaming pvp and maybe eventually learn how to compete.

Imo the only thing that will change the size and number of zergs is going to be the WvW progression system. If they implement it so that a kill is worth a set number of points divided by the number of people involved its death, then small groups will become more popular. If they leave it as it is now with full xp on kill for everyone, then zergs will likely become even more popular.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Farout.8207

OG talks so much trash and all I ever see is their backs as they are running away

Oh? That must be either;

a) You’re surrounded by really awesome players in a totally skilled zergball.

or

b) We’re stringing you out from said zergball so we can kill you when you get that amazing sense of self confidence by outnumbering the enemy you rush forward when your friend have decided not to bother chasing.

Face it, you love us. We tickle you in all the right places.

I do enjoy your forum antics but honestly I have only seen you guys a few times in WvW. Usually when I see you guys you are running around the south end of DB BL near your spawn. I will confess that I am just an average player at best and you guys may be able to win a good many 1 vs 1’s against me, but I don’t run from a fight and I don’t need to come on here in an attempt to stroke my ego.

~ Cleetus

in WvW

Posted by: Daoshi.7618

Daoshi.7618

[SWaG] [ME] Xïü / Xïu / Xiezhi The Immortal
Human Warrior / Asura Guardian ( SPvP / TPvP r40 ) / Charr Guardian
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Laii.2780

Laii.2780

A quick little video from our side (FA) when we got wiped by mag after ninja-ing bay earlier this evening. We went out valiantly. It was hilarious. Good fights tonight from both DB and Mag.

lol, that push was hilarious^^ “That’s 3 down~!” Fun vidi~

[CERN] ~ WAR/Necro^ O ^)/!

in WvW

Farout.8207

Yes… into your spawn on our borderlands.

~ Cleetus

in WvW

Posted by: Unfortunately.5940

Unfortunately.5940

Agreed, the thing is we aren’t likely to see that improvement come in this tier. Also, our wvw population will probably drop again if we move up to tier 2 because more people come out to play when you’re winning.

Both DB and Mag are in a pretty crappy spot. Overpowered servers above us and underpowered below.

Same goes for FA and probably TC too.

Differently/Sixtysix Sixes – Fort Aspenwood