Magoonba/Fort JANTHIR/Dragonbrand 25/01/2013

in WvW

Posted by: DarthBenedict.3410

DarthBenedict.3410

Elems are hands down the best class at running away while their team mates die. No other class can compare. Well, except maybe thieves.

They definitely do it better than thieves; blinding powder and shadow refuge often help those teammates survive too. Eles are the ones with a thousand stories all ending with “I was the only one who made it out alive”

[WäR]

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

You seem very ambivalent. Also I feel like only we should be posting kitten score updates.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Posted by: Mike.7320

Mike.7320

This one is my favorite, I can see bunzy run

*edit I must say that this video is probably doctored by the CIA to make bunzy and [OG] look bad however. Ancient Aliens probably had something to do with it too.

Hard to see whats happening in this video even at 1080p. I could clearly make outa few pugs and one or two OG members.

BT is far from a roaming guild, your title is more correctly justified as a zerg guild. You portal bombed us today while we where watching you guys fight DB. 30+ people came through that portal so many that I lagged slightly. Hardly considered a roaming guild.

Idolizethis Warrior

Arkham (Ark)

in WvW

Posted by: Acelerion.6820

Acelerion.6820

zerg guild. Like everyone else in this god forsaken matchup.

OINK – Devona’s Rest
Mesmer-Thief
http://www.youtube.com/user/Axcelerion?feature=watch – Small group videos

in WvW

Posted by: Expunge.4926

Expunge.4926

BT is far from a roaming guild, your title is more correctly justified as a zerg guild. You portal bombed us today while we where watching you guys fight DB. 30+ people came through that portal so many that I lagged slightly. Hardly considered a roaming guild.

portals have a 20 person cap

in WvW

Posted by: ninjambo.3784

ninjambo.3784

BT is a great guild, the most organized on Fort Aspenwood. Anyone calling it a zerg can go back to QQing about how your 5 man squads cant take over entire maps.

I once again remind you: Tier 8 is open for transfers.

Stawker / Lord Stawk
Founder and former Guild Leader of [RET] Reticle
Current Guild Leader of [BLNT] Better Luck Next Time

in WvW

Posted by: Quenta.2978

Quenta.2978

This one is my favorite, I can see bunzy run

*edit I must say that this video is probably doctored by the CIA to make bunzy and [OG] look bad however. Ancient Aliens probably had something to do with it too.

Hard to see whats happening in this video even at 1080p. I could clearly make outa few pugs and one or two OG members.

We usually have around 15-20 on, 30 would be ossum though. I can remember a time I when ULTD was till around and even though there were 15-20 of us, we would still be called a zerg guild.

I think the definition of zerg no longer means: mindless mob of people. I think now it means: any group of players that has more than you. I know the time I spent in the Titan Alliance, one could call PRX or Condemned a zerg just because they had hundreds of players. But that does not take away their success, their ability or their coordination. Being a larger force is not a crutch and being a smaller force does not make you elite.

I often hear people say, “we got zerged” as if it’s some comfort to know you got rolled over by a bunch of players. Maybe is just a phrase to save face.

Regardelss, good fights though against everyone, very fun so far. We have been having a blast, TS has just been a riot since reset. Remember, this is game and if you are not having fun, you are doing it wrong.

in WvW

Posted by: Ejiofor.4801

Ejiofor.4801

In the Maguuma Borderlands, in Arah’s(equivalent? NW Supply Camp), where I fought a Ranger and a Guardian about an hour ago…

Good fight, fellas

Gearstrip Jones, Engineer, Borlis Pass, [KPUP]
“Which Lo Pan? Little ol’ basket case on wheels, or the ten-foot-tall roadblock?!”
-Kurt Russell, Big Trouble in Little China

in WvW

Posted by: Waking.6052

Waking.6052

I’ve worked with and watched BT a few times. I don’t see any resemblance to the Starcraft Zerg. They generally move as one, hit what they want, retreat on their own terms and hit something else.

I don’t like to say that any one group is ‘the most organized’, or ‘the most anything’, Especially since I’ve worked with AVTR, and during their primetime they are at least as organized as what I’ve seen of BT. As a commander in Dragon, I know we’ve taken multiple keeps simultaneously when we were on IOJ in T2/T3 during NA prime time. We use a different style (3-7 independent groups). Then I’ve seen 5-10 man guilds that have every single member doing what they are supposed to.

Anyway, BT should not be insulted. It doesn’t make anyone’s gameplay more enjoyable to bring down those that ought to be respected as opponents or allies.

Guardian Commander “The Lord Saves”
Mesmer Commander “The Lord Knows”
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Waking.6052

Waking.6052

Speaking of which, good job on Keep Defense on your BL Maguuma. I’m really enjoying the challenges.

Guardian Commander “The Lord Saves”
Mesmer Commander “The Lord Knows”
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

I kept pressing F to loot whenever you had a bag drop in that video. I should pve someday for funds but I don’t that will happen in this match.

Kash
NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Odaman.8359

Odaman.8359

You portal bombed us today while we where watching you guys fight DB. 30+ people came through that portal so many that I lagged slightly. Hardly considered a roaming guild.

We only pushed you because you were trying to pick off our DB… well that and the ballista shooting into the lord room at us. Find your own farm Good fights tonight in DBbl though.

Odaman 80 Mesmer
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

I like how zerglings are trying so hard to get away from the term these days. “Running six groups doesn’t count as zerging because we use voice chat! It’s all skill, we swear!”

Ya, right.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Mike.7320

Mike.7320

Honestly..like Attunement said, voice chat doesnt mean an organized group or make it a non zerg group.

ALSO< to wherever said portals have a 20person limit, ok fair enough. Also fair of me to point out you where using 3 portals at a time to go in and out of the lord room. Maybe only 20 people came thru the one portal but you had more than 20 players.

Idolizethis Warrior

Arkham (Ark)

(edited by Mike.7320)

in WvW

Posted by: Maniac.5163

Maniac.5163

[OG] and a few individuals obviously have a different definition to most for “roaming groups” and “zergs” it seems. I have to keep checking to see if I’m in the sPvP section of the forums or not.. Keep up the intensity, everyone.

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

Do you really need to steal golems and suicide them off cliffs to win? The guild TEAM that is currently in DB and are Magumma spies just stole golems and suicided them to end our push in Mag’s borderlands. Wow I thought we were passed this stuff happening with transfers ending tomorrow. Very dirty Magumma really terrible way to play the game. Clean up your server.

We got vids of DB players no clipping under the map and destroying every bit of siege inside of keeps. You guys aren’t saints either.

in WvW

Posted by: Stoneslammer.3650

Stoneslammer.3650

Do you really need to steal golems and suicide them off cliffs to win? The guild TEAM that is currently in DB and are Magumma spies just stole golems and suicided them to end our push in Mag’s borderlands. Wow I thought we were passed this stuff happening with transfers ending tomorrow. Very dirty Magumma really terrible way to play the game. Clean up your server.

U sure that they were spys from Mags? From what I have heard on mumble and seen on chat i have never seen or heard anyone condone cheating/spying. Although i do know a couple of days ago whenever someone mentioned where we were gonna hit a DB group/zerg immediately like we are talking less than five seconds portals were up and they be gone and this happened quite often. Very well could be coincidence but should we blame all of DB for one or two players monitoring our mumble talk and in game chat?

Snipburz-Maguuma-TWT

in WvW

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

[OG] and a few individuals obviously have a different definition to most for “roaming groups” and “zergs” it seems. I have to keep checking to see if I’m in the sPvP section of the forums or not.. Keep up the intensity, everyone.

Uh no, I’m pretty sure we’re using the words the same way they’ve always been used. The only ones using them differently are the people who are running in zergs but trying to act like that’s not what they’re doing.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Aytrix.4059

Aytrix.4059

Don’t be mad because you got out-roamed by [BT].

in WvW

Posted by: DarthBenedict.3410

DarthBenedict.3410

The funny thing is that zerglings would make much, much better teammates than MMO players. Imagine trying to play Starcraft with an army of MMORPGers:

“I’m not attacking those SCVs because they don’t drop any decent loot”
“Scouting? Where’s the drops?”
“Why should I hold this position against greater numbers and risk a repair bill when I could log out and run dungeons?”
“Build a barracks? No way, that costs ME six silver”
“I’m not bringing my carrier because I still need to level zealot”

[WäR]

in WvW

Posted by: kfarb.6732

kfarb.6732

Tolbrinh, you should speak up on the Maguuma Mumble. We miss your voice.

Maguuma – considered by many to be the best

in WvW

Posted by: Frosty.8491

Frosty.8491

On a somewhat serious note, I would like to reiterate that I am looking for a WvW guild to join on Dragonbrand. Before anyone from another server asks, no, I am not interested in switching servers. My current guild (which I am not leaving, just making use of the multi-guild feature) just doesn’t have any WvW presence and I would like to play with a group I can coordinate with.

Again, if anyone has room for an epidemic-happy necro with a lot of siege stored up, please let me know.

well you could always join my guild. It’s a new guild so I don’t have many members yet. Mostly friends from gw1. But I do WvW daily and I’d like to have another member we can run around with in WvW. There is another guildie that does WvW with me sometimes, but she’s not that experienced so I’m rezzing her more often than I should. But she’s trying and eventually she’ll get it. But we can take our necros and rampage WvW lol. Just a thought.
Right now since my guild is still small I usually join [ToA] in events. Mainly Thursdays on WvW and we go do Orr once in a while.

I’m flattered you’d mention us. Unforunately, ToA doesn’t field many wvw parties more than a few nights a week. I’m always in wvw, as is Sokiri and Starson (eb commanders), but you’ll rarely find more than 5 in on most nights. :c

Still, if you’d just like a small, chill group to run around with, you’re welcome to give us a go.

GO DRAGONBRAAAAND!

IGN: Lyla Frostheart
Legion of Doom [LOD] | www.lodgw.com
Retired

in WvW

ninjambo.3784

One thing I’ve noticed about Maguuma is the amazing reaction time, me and my 5-7 man group would go to a camp, and if there was one person there to report it, more thiefs (usually from kitten ) would show up, and keep coming and coming and coming until they outnumber us and finally kill us.

Reminds me of those terrible,terrible days of trying to take Golanta from TC. Frustrating to say the least, and it is definitely applaudable.

Anyways, back to QQ!

Edit: Anet how is [DEQP] censored? (replace the Q with R)

Stawker / Lord Stawk

in WvW

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

I don’t really think BT is a zerg guild. Most of the people I’ve talked to find BT to be our biggest challenge, and we all seem to respect you guys. Just ignore the forum warriors who say otherwise.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

in WvW

Posted by: IRSyKo.5843

IRSyKo.5843

I don’t really think BT is a zerg guild. Most of the people I’ve talked to find BT to be our biggest challenge, and we all seem to respect you guys. Just ignore the forum warriors who say otherwise.

Thank you for the kind words my friend.

Through discipline, we prevail.
[BT]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

One thing I’ve noticed about Maguuma is the amazing reaction time, me and my 5-7 man group would go to a camp, and if there was one person there to report it, more thiefs (usually from kitten ) would show up, and keep coming and coming and coming until they outnumber us and finally kill us.

Reminds me of those terrible,terrible days of trying to take Golanta from TC. Frustrating to say the least, and it is definitely applaudable.

Anyways, back to QQ!

Yeah, same thing happened to us a few times. Very difficult to deal with because of all of the stealth.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Anyways, back to QQ!

Thank you for the compliment Though we have a lot more mesmers than thieves, to my knowledge.

(edited by saiyr.3071)

in WvW

Posted by: Folk.2093

Folk.2093

Stealth and run away more OG.

in WvW

ninjambo.3784

Is Hello Kitty Hit Squad [HKHS] still around? That was my guild on Magrubma for about a week before I decided to move to FA. Haven’t seen one person with the tag

Stawker / Lord Stawk

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Is Hello Kitty Hit Squad [HKHS] still around? That was my guild on Magrubma for about a week before I decided to move to FA. Haven’t seen one person with the tag

Commander is on Mag BL atm.

BTW, Maguuma, I told Tohlbrin that you guys were looking for him, and he blocked me.

Sadface

<3 you are a true honorary Maguuman hero

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

Speaking of which, good job on Keep Defense on your BL Maguuma. I’m really enjoying the challenges.

We were holding both keeps under siege for 4ish hours. Tell DB to stop breaking out the golems every night and we can play with you on West longer.

in WvW

Posted by: IRSyKo.5843

IRSyKo.5843

We were holding both keeps for a couple of hours. Tell DB to stop breaking out the golems every night and we can play with you on West longer.

Ah yes, the dreaded 6 AM NNK DB zerg.

Through discipline, we prevail.
[BT]
Fort Aspenwood

(edited by IRSyKo.5843)

in WvW

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

WäR holding Mendon’s Gap from DB

in WvW

Posted by: kfarb.6732

kfarb.6732

WäR holding Mendon’s Gap from DB

Bonus points for the Yamma X and Tolbrinh chat in the corner. It’s a shame Tolbrinh left us so soon, he had a lot left to teach Yamma X on the art of commanding.

Maguuma – considered by many to be the best

in WvW

Posted by: Kore.9523

Kore.9523

Oh reaaaaly

Attachments:

Kore Rallos Zek – 80 Warrior
[WE] Win Everyday – Council
Server: Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: Ninein.4782

Ninein.4782

If DB and Mag team up a bit causing FA to tank, that would probably allow Kaineng to shoot to T2. I have really enjoyed the fighting so far and wouldn’t mind another week of it.

Just a thought.

I strongly support this course of action.

Ninein
-Maguuma

in WvW

Pinko.2076

If we double team FA, nothing fun happens. If we double team Kaineng, literally pages of tears. I know which one I’d rather aim towards.

in WvW

Rhyis.7058

I will never condone helping a server that calls itself Special K.

in WvW

Pinko.2076

Maguuma doesn’t control it’s populace anyway, so it doesn’t really matter. I am very eager to fight Kaineng, and I know a lot of people on this server feel the same.

I was hoping we fought the real IoJ in t4 so we could stick around and meet Kain there, but it didn’t work out that way. Don’t want us to miss the chance again.

edit: I’m 99% sure db/mag will lose to kain because WvW is all about coverage, but who cares about losing?

in WvW

Posted by: Maniac.5163

Maniac.5163

Ramelot rises again in Maguuma’s honour @ Mag BL Bay

Gonna add some trebs and golems for the final touches..

Attachments:

in WvW

Rhyis.7058

You need upwards of 50 rams for it to be Ramelot, but I like the sentiment.

in WvW

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

most people want to fight kain, so why would we want them to skip our tier

in WvW

Rhyis.7058

Isn’t their a siege limit and if so by doing this aren’t you limiting the ability of your group to defend other outposts?

There is only Ramelot.

in WvW

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

most people want to fight kain, so why would we want them to skip our tier

Most people who have fought Special K don’t want to do it again… I fall into that category which certainly colors my opinion of fighting them again. I have enjoyed the fighting this weekend and I wouldn’t mind doing it again. I see no reason to potentially upset a solid tier.

you obviously fought them in unbalanced matchups when they were on their way up. kain will stop in T3 or 2. T3 will be the first matchup where they will have to try. all the matchups they’re fought so far have either had a dying server on the way down, or just ranked too low.

just because you and whatever server you were on failed, as expected, doesn’t mean they are slotted for T1. i’m predicting they’ll settle top T3 or bottom T2.

in WvW

Posted by: Camo.7498

Camo.7498

Wouldn’t we (DB) move down regardless If Kain moves to t2 or t3? Either way a t2 server will drop and bump us down right?

Commander Mighty Fig Newton – Sylvari Warrior
[UhOh] Procrastination Nation
Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: Camo.7498

Camo.7498

Wouldn’t we (DB) move down regardless If Kain moves to t2 or t3? Either way a t2 server will drop and bump us down right?

I think it is pretty much impossible for DB to be out of T3 next week. CD and YB are not going to put up any points this week worth mentioning and won’t move up. SI is on a massive free fall and probably going to hit T4. If DB falters mid-week and SI manages to pull some points mid-week that could change though.

Long term it is possible that DB ends up in T4 but only if SI is better than DB which doesn’t appear to be the case.

Ahh, ok. I haven’t check the rankings lately. Didn’t know if SI was going to drop down that far.

Commander Mighty Fig Newton – Sylvari Warrior
[UhOh] Procrastination Nation
Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: JPSnow.8296

JPSnow.8296

As it stands now FA is moving to tier 2 against BG and TC while mag,Drgn and kain are tier 3. Though its way to early and close numbers to say that’s really going to happen.

JPSnow (main) – Necro, Sir Mezalot – Mesmer
Lieutenant Stabs – Thief
Night Vision (NV) – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: MuffinMan.3285

MuffinMan.3285

RIP [Drgn], tried to stealth cata NW tower and oops all fell to their deaths

Dear drgn, there’s a reason that’s a stealth spot only. It was fun knocking/yanking your raid off, though.

Lol yeah that was hilarious, we couldn’t stop laughing but I have to disagree that’s a stealth spot only though…most don’t stealth there because they are hitting siege on the dome. We were going for the mortor so sadly we got had to get dangerously close to the edge and we paid for it xD.

WvW isnt fun anymore :(

in WvW

saiyr.3071

RIP [Drgn], tried to stealth cata NW tower and oops all fell to their deaths

Dear drgn, there’s a reason that’s a stealth spot only. It was fun knocking/yanking your raid off, though.

Lol yeah that was hilarious, we couldn’t stop laughing but I have to disagree that’s a stealth spot only though…most don’t stealth there because they are hitting siege on the dome. We were going for the mortor so sadly we got had to get dangerously close to the edge and we paid for it xD.

Glad everyone had fun

in WvW

Posted by: Chalky.8540

Chalky.8540

BT sliced through camp protection groups twice their size like a knife through butter. It wasn’t until we came to our senses and implemented tactics specifically designed to deal with them after a couple of wipes that we got the upper hand back. “Zerg” isn’t just a word you use when ever you die but don’t want to show respect where it’s deserved.

Maguuma is improved after having faced BT and that doesn’t happen with zerg groups.

(edited by Moderator)